Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The Northampton show was awesome. My girlfriend was bummed though, we saw you guys walking down the street after the show but I didn't point it out at first so she didn't get to say a single stupid thing about stairs. Or just thank you for the cool show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

BiggerJ posted:

Also, will the placement of Condos in the timeline ever be revealed?

In the most recent episode it's referenced as having happened "a few weeks ago" so clearly the release date was the actual date of the events.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

dj_clawson posted:

This was the first Night Vale episode to earn an "explicit" rating on iTunes.

You don't earn that, you just tell them to put it there because people have complained when there was swearing in the weather in the past.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

maxnmona posted:

You don't earn that, you just tell them to put it there because people have complained when there was swearing in the weather in the past.

So it doesn't apply to the actual episode necessarily?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

dj_clawson posted:

So it doesn't apply to the actual episode necessarily?

We set this episode to explicit because he says poo poo in the weather and people have complained in the past.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

maxnmona posted:

We set this episode to explicit because he says poo poo in the weather and people have complained in the past.

Okay cool. Enjoy your tour!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

dj_clawson posted:

In the most recent episode it's referenced as having happened "a few weeks ago" so clearly the release date was the actual date of the events.

But by the time of the free release, if not later, the time of the original paid release will probably be forgotten. Adding the original date in the description might be an option.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Condos has been officially released. It will never be a numbered episode.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

jim truds posted:

The Northampton show was awesome. My girlfriend was bummed though, we saw you guys walking down the street after the show but I didn't point it out at first so she didn't get to say a single stupid thing about stairs. Or just thank you for the cool show.

The show was indeed great, but the audience was a bit much. Still, everyone had fun, and that's what counts in the end.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just kept telling myself that most of them were in highschool. It was a nice lie.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

It might have been true. What was wrong?

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

I imagine it was like how the audience at a showing of Rocky Horror Picture Show acts.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A bit. I spent half an hour in line listening to people have full conversations by quoting Night Vale and talking about their ships. I remember being like that so whatever but it is kind of annoying in person.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Yeah, I won't lie, I've tried to write three different posts to elaborate on this and scrubbed them clean but what it really came down to was "drat kids, get off my lawn and take your tumblr with you." Like I said, though, everyone had fun so everything's fine.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

The Numbers station broadcasts are creepy as hell. I think it's the machines running in the background.

Nice Job guys.

Poor Fey :smith:

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 2, 2014

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.
The Northampton show was great! Also I spotted the librarians from my college sitting together in the audience, and they really seemed to enjoy the show. So it must have been a pretty accurate depiction of the life experiences of librarians. Some of my friends stayed for an hour to get a picture with Cecil! The crowd was terrifyingly large, but I'm so glad that it came to the area.
Also when it comes to the audience, it's Northampton. Why would you live in the Five-College Area if you dislike being around young people.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

I didn't think the audience was "a bit much" but I can see why that might be felt. Some of the reaction was pretty crazy. Especially in comparison to, say, the reaction from the Condos audience. But I expect that in Northampton. From where I was sitting a lot of them definitely were in high school. My roommate (who is a goon) and I were taking bets on who was from tumblr and who was from SA.

Anyway, the show was a lot of fun. Cecil was so great with the audience. I'm giving a short review for it on the student newscast at STCC in Springfield. I really hope that next time you tour the east coast you stop by Northampton again.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The audience interaction they did was really awesome, I'm happy with how much they took advantage of it being a live show.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I can't wait for the DC show tomorrow. Just hope this snow we're getting today doesn't cause any problems.

KingJackalope
Aug 10, 2007
More than a rabbit?
Yeah, it snowed a bit here in Philly too. I hope you all are safe travelling tonight. I'll be at the late show, if all goes well. Really looking forward to it! (I hope you bring some of the summer reading totes)

biteyourtongue
May 19, 2012

Kavingi posted:

My roommate (who is a goon) and I were taking bets on who was from tumblr and who was from SA.

I'm going to Philly tonight and am totally going to play this game. Can't wait to explain to the non-tumblrer, non-SA friend I'm bringing along :allears:

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
I totally didn't know that Fey(Faye?) was voiced by Molly Quinn until the credits. It really didn't sound like her when I was watching the episode.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Oz posted:

I totally didn't know that Fey(Faye?) was voiced by Molly Quinn until the credits. It really didn't sound like her when I was watching the episode.

I didn't recognise the voice either, but my 13-year-old son heard just the first segment and said, "Isn't that Pemily Stallwark?" I thought I was a pretty serious WTNV and Thrilling Adventure Hour fan, but he puts me to shame.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Damnit, drove by Philly earlier tonight on my way north from AL. If I detoured back down to DC what are my chances of snagging a ticket from a man in a tan jacket on a street corner with a deerskin suitcase full of flies and scalped tickets?

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

iostream.h posted:

Damnit, drove by Philly earlier tonight on my way north from AL. If I detoured back down to DC what are my chances of snagging a ticket from a man in a tan jacket on a street corner with a deerskin suitcase full of flies and scalped tickets?

You'll get a ticket as sure as his name is Emmett.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Gann Jerrod posted:

Speaking of him, I really liked in the previous episode how he... he.... who are you talking about?

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Gann Jerrod posted:

That's what I figured, hey random poo poo is part of the fun with spontaneous road trips, right?

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I really hope we get a mayoral candidate speech from Marcus Vansten.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
DC show tonight! I guess I'll play 'Spot the Goon', too. The roads are pretty much fine guys, don't worry.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
edit: Nm, friend isn't flaking!

CherryCola fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 4, 2014

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

If you're going to be picking up more podcasting guest stars, can I suggest Elliot Kalen as 7 Pounds, the Batman villains who only steals in 7 pound denominations, and Stuart Willington as the Flop House housecat?

Dan McCoy can be an aggressive series of sighs.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
The show in DC tonight just sent an email saying that doors are opening earlier (630pm instead of 7pm). The show is still at 730 right?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Crain posted:

The show in DC tonight just sent an email saying that doors are opening earlier (630pm instead of 7pm). The show is still at 730 right?

I sure hope so, I'm sitting in the theater!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Just got back. Such a great show tonight. Cecil was very animated. kinda disappointed with my horoscope though...

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
The DC live show was excellent! Also the house was loving packed, congratulations for being scarily successful. Maybe once you guys start rolling in dough you can get more folks on as characters, what with the mayoral elections coming up. Some debates between our candidates or something would be super cool on a live show - though I don't know that most theaters are insured against five-headed dragons.

Internet Cliche
Oct 18, 2004
Ninja Robot Pirate Zombie
Loved the show tonight, great work everyone!

I showed up during the opener's last song, was there anything before the band?

bettsta
Jul 21, 2008
There wasn't anything before the band, just some music over the speakers while people found seats (I recognized at least one song from The Weather, though I couldn't tell you if all of the music was).

Just chiming in to say that the DC show was spectacular. I was impressed with Cecil's showmanship - he's not just a great voice actor, but a fantastic physical actor as well. Also, you know how sometimes you go to a show and you can just tell by looking at the other people there that it's not going to be a good crowd? This was the opposite of that. Everyone was so kind and enthusiastic and respectful.

Meat Street
Oct 17, 2004

knowin' nothin' in life but to be legit
Great show in Durham tonight! Surprise appearance by our very own John Darnielle was pretty amazing.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Meat Street posted:

Great show in Durham tonight! Surprise appearance by our very own John Darnielle was pretty amazing.

SO loving JEALOUS OF THIS.

Please tell me everything about this guest appearance. I hope it was recorded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I just want to say that the Philly show was awesome, and I hope you do more in the future!