Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rah
Mar 9, 2006

CORN NOG posted:

Do it do it do it

doitdoitdoit

do it and post lots of pictures.

I really want to. At the moment though they're like 5 1/2 - 6 months so they still have some growing to do. Once they're fully grown though I'll probably buy a couple of the dresses and I'll of course post pics :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

SynthOrange posted:

One of my cat's claws looks weird!

(artist's impression, photography proved too hazardous)

It's got a whole bunch of green carpet fluff caught under a ragged edge, and it looks like a tiny new claw inside. Will the rest shed normally? He doesnt seem to be avoiding using that foot.

Yeah, the claws shed in layers, so it'll fall off eventually. If it's not bothering him, don't worry about it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

DeusExMchna posted:

So I have three cats, and two of them have been sick lately. Sam (11 years) has a spot on his lower back that is extremely sensitive, dry (I see flakes of skin) and patchy. There is almost no fur in that entire spot and if we even touch around the spot he swivels his head to nip and meow. We've brought him to the vet since it started and he always said "It's fleas and he is having an allergic reaction to the flea meds" So we've been brand hopping to eliminate fleas and try to help but it didnt work. A few weeks ago we took him back (Fun fact the receptionist knows Sam by his piercing meow now!) and now the vet thinks it's an allergy to food so we switched to Blue Buffalo Wilderness and holy poo poo I am seeing improvements in all three cats. Sam is losing weight and his coat looks silky yet fluffy plus his spot isnt as flakey or red!! The other two are just silkier than ever and their poops arent as smelly!

Quality food makes a big difference. I recently switched to Nature's Variety Instinct because I have a full-grown year-old tabby and a tuxedo who's still very much a kitten and I needed a food for all life stages, but I've always given my cats Wellness CORE wet and usually the dry as well, only switching because they don't make a Wellness CORE dry for cats and kittens both. I just took my tabby in for a checkup, precautionary Leuk/FIV test (she's fine!), and Leuk vaccine because I want to let her run around outside a bit come spring, and the vet said that she was in superb health. The same vet said the same thing about my tuxedo when he came in a few months ago... very alert, soft shiny fur, etc. I like my neighbour and she loves her cats, but it really gets to me that she only gives them the cheapest, shittiest food available.

baxxy
Feb 18, 2005

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -homer simpson

SynthOrange posted:

It's got a whole bunch of green carpet fluff caught under a ragged edge, and it looks like a tiny new claw inside. Will the rest shed normally? He doesnt seem to be avoiding using that foot.

Yes, it happens.

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah, that happens. The rest will shed or he'll pull it off himself (I see my cat gnawing at his feet sometimes when he gets those). It looks crazy and awful, but it's fine. :)

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Late to the collar chat party but I just bought a bunch of new collars from https://www.etsy.com/nz/shop/sweetpicklesdesigns. There was an online store in NZ that used to on-sell them, and lo and behold I think I've found the original source.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

I've been adopted by these two magnificent assholes.

They're pretty cool so far. I don't expect it to last.

Karma Comedian fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 2, 2014

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Does anyone know what cat bed style this is from one of the latest Maru updates?

Pendergast
Nov 11, 2012
Has anyone removed a stitch from a cat? Mine has one from were the doctor removed an abscess under her chin.

It has been 12 days since and the vet said it could be removed after that time. Didn't know if it was fairly easy process or something left for the vet.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pendergast posted:

Has anyone removed a stitch from a cat? Mine has one from were the doctor removed an abscess under her chin.

It has been 12 days since and the vet said it could be removed after that time. Didn't know if it was fairly easy process or something left for the vet.

Having watched stitches being removed (from me), they seemed to just snip the thread and pull it out with a forceps. Shouldn't be too hard, unless your cat freaks. I'd probably apply a bit of antibiotic ointment to it afterwards.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
Why are Ozma and Pizza Brother always shoving their noses into each other's buttholes? Like, multiple times a day. They've been living together for a year and a half, you'd think they'd remember the same butthole from an hour ago. I thought that was just a "meet the new animal" thing.

Ferryll
Sep 16, 2013

<3

From my experience, suture removal isn't difficult (with humans). You could always look on Youtube for a HowTo guide with cats. All it really takes is to pull up on the knot and one snip in the right place. However, you want to be certain it's done correctly so the entire suture can be pulled out. If anything is left, your cat could end up with an infection. I'd first call the vets office that placed them and get a cost estimate. In the (human) clinic I work at, if one of our doctors places a suture the removal is free and done by a nurse. It takes about 5 minutes.

Rah
Mar 9, 2006
I feel so awful now.. I live in a house converted to flats and mine is on the top floor, like the attic part of the house. I had a window open a small amount earlier today, only a tiny bit so the cats couldn't get out, and either the wind blew it further open or Sophie managed to push it open..

Anyway, I wondered where Sophie was and looked all around my flat and couldn't find her anywhere.. She often hides places though, and usually I'll be looking around for her and then all of a sudden she'll appear out of nowhere. I was looking around the usual places she'll hide in to sleep and couldn't find her anywhere then saw one of the windows open quite wide. I rushed outside to try look for her and found her hiding in the back garden seeming really scared.

I brought her back inside and she was limping about so I phoned an emergency vet and took her to see him. The vet examined her and said she could have sprained her leg but nothing is broken. He also said all her internal organs felt fine and her heart rate was quite fast but not dangerously fast, so gave her some pain medication and let me bring her home.

I feel so guilty now. I spent like the last hour or two crying since I realised she'd got out. She must have climbed from the window to the roof and then either fell down or jumped down. I don't usually leave windows open when I'm not in the room (And even when I do open windows, it's like a few inches so they can't get through the gap) and it really upsets me that she could have been killed or I'd have possibly not been able to find her. She hasn't got her micro chip yet either, because the vet said it's best to wait until she's spayed, which is due next Wednesday (She's a little over 5 months old).

I feel so awful because it's my responsibility to care for her and I let this happen. She's luckily not badly hurt, but the outcome could have easily been very different. I even bought some window screen things last week from some website which I'm waiting to have delivered.. At least when they're here I can make sure nothing like this will ever happen again.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Rah posted:

I feel so awful now.. I live in a house converted to flats and mine is on the top floor, like the attic part of the house. I had a window open a small amount earlier today, only a tiny bit so the cats couldn't get out, and either the wind blew it further open or Sophie managed to push it open..

Anyway, I wondered where Sophie was and looked all around my flat and couldn't find her anywhere.. She often hides places though, and usually I'll be looking around for her and then all of a sudden she'll appear out of nowhere. I was looking around the usual places she'll hide in to sleep and couldn't find her anywhere then saw one of the windows open quite wide. I rushed outside to try look for her and found her hiding in the back garden seeming really scared.

I brought her back inside and she was limping about so I phoned an emergency vet and took her to see him. The vet examined her and said she could have sprained her leg but nothing is broken. He also said all her internal organs felt fine and her heart rate was quite fast but not dangerously fast, so gave her some pain medication and let me bring her home.

I feel so guilty now. I spent like the last hour or two crying since I realised she'd got out. She must have climbed from the window to the roof and then either fell down or jumped down. I don't usually leave windows open when I'm not in the room (And even when I do open windows, it's like a few inches so they can't get through the gap) and it really upsets me that she could have been killed or I'd have possibly not been able to find her. She hasn't got her micro chip yet either, because the vet said it's best to wait until she's spayed, which is due next Wednesday (She's a little over 5 months old).

I feel so awful because it's my responsibility to care for her and I let this happen. She's luckily not badly hurt, but the outcome could have easily been very different. I even bought some window screen things last week from some website which I'm waiting to have delivered.. At least when they're here I can make sure nothing like this will ever happen again.

My ex-gf's cat jumped threw a screen and out a 2nd story window. Other than acquiring fleas he was no worse for wear when he proudly trotted in from his little adventure. Cats are adorable little idiots. You can't fault yourself for their decisions.

Rah
Mar 9, 2006

spregalia posted:

My ex-gf's cat jumped threw a screen and out a 2nd story window. Other than acquiring fleas he was no worse for wear when he proudly trotted in from his little adventure. Cats are adorable little idiots. You can't fault yourself for their decisions.

Well I shouldn't have left the window open at all when I wasn't in the room, even though I usually only leave them open a tiny bit. I know the wind can blow the windows wider open because it's happened plenty of times before, but I'm usually in the room and quickly close it or put it back how it was.

The thing that upsets me the most is that she could have died, or got lost. The vet wanted to wait until they spay the cats to do their micro chips so it's less stressful for them, so if she hadn't stayed in the garden I might not have ever got her back and it really upsets me to think about.

At least the vet thinks she's ok though and she has some pain relief. She's not really walking around much at the moment. She's in the bedroom laying on the blanket she likes to sleep on. I tried feed her some treats too but she wasn't very interested in them. Hopefully it's just that she's stressed from the whole experience and she'll be back to her normal self soon. I plan to stay awake all night though just to make sure everything is fine with her, and the vet is going to phone me in the morning to see how she is and arrange for me to collect some more pain medication if she needs it.

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Train your cats to come to you at the sound of a clicker. It's how I call my two inside at night, or whenever I'm looking for them. Works like a charm, and may be a good way to recall your cats if they get outside again - since that way they're coming to you instead of you going to them and they do the typical bastard cat dance of 'OOooohooOoo you're comin' after me I'm going to be a dick and stay out of reach if not bolt outright'

Rah
Mar 9, 2006
I've been struggling to get Sophie to eat anything since her accident :( I even started trying to feed her lots of her treat things but she'd pick them up and drop them again. When the vet checked her teeth there was a little blood on the gum at the top of one of her canines so maybe she hurt her teeth from the fall/jump. I gave her some wet food now and she's eating it up :) They usually just get wet food once a day, but I don't mind switching her to only wet food until she's eating the dry food again.. I'm just glad to see her eating anything. I've been so worried about her :(

I buy quite expensive dry food for them, so I'd prefer they eat that for most of their meals since the wet food I buy is just the big name brand stuff, which probably doesn't have all the nutrients they need, but I'm sure she'll do ok on only the wet food temporarily.

Rah fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 3, 2014

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god, how long before my Cat stops trying to dominate the new kitten? I'm trying to sleep.

Nilbog Resident
Dec 23, 2005

X Y v ^
Well my girl cat, Lucca is still pretty shy but gets a little better as time goes by. The boy, Chobi, however...

Is pretty much attached to my leg and ready to be loved by me (and fight crime) 24-7. :3:

I just hope he gets over his upper respiratory infection soon and stops sneezing on my face.

Question: They are 11 months old now, seem pretty well grown though I think Chobi is a bit of a runt. Is two 3 oz cans of Nature's Variety Instinct wet food a day adequate or over-feeding? In any case I'm gonna have to supplement their diet, I think, because I'm spending a pretty serious amount on cat food. Luckily I've been able to find the 24 packs of cans on sale for half off just about every time I go to Petco.

Rah
Mar 9, 2006

Nilbog Resident posted:

Well my girl cat, Lucca is still pretty shy but gets a little better as time goes by. The boy, Chobi, however...

Is pretty much attached to my leg and ready to be loved by me (and fight crime) 24-7. :3:

I just hope he gets over his upper respiratory infection soon and stops sneezing on my face.

Question: They are 11 months old now, seem pretty well grown though I think Chobi is a bit of a runt. Is two 3 oz cans of Nature's Variety Instinct wet food a day adequate or over-feeding? In any case I'm gonna have to supplement their diet, I think, because I'm spending a pretty serious amount on cat food. Luckily I've been able to find the 24 packs of cans on sale for half off just about every time I go to Petco.

I'm no expert but I don't think it's overfeeding. My 5 1/2 - 6 month old kittens have a 100g (roughly 3.5 oz) pouch of wet food each per day and also dry food. The wet food isn't high quality food though, so that may make a difference. They do however get high quality dry food as their main source of food.

Rah
Mar 9, 2006
I'm really starting to worry about Sophie now. She still hasn't used her litter box since her accident. When the vet said to keep an eye on her to make sure she's passing urine I just thought within a few hours or so she'd be using the litter box and fine again, but it's now been around 14 hours since her accident and she hasn't used her litter box at all.

I remember reading somewhere about young kittens needing some help to go to the toilet, by using a damp cloth (or the mother cat's tongue) to rub against their genitals to induce it, and I've tried that but still nothing is coming out. She's eaten a small amount but her appetite is nowhere near what it usually is, and she's spent 95% of the time since she's been back just sleeping.

I've booked her in to see the vet again this afternoon (in around 4 1/2 hours) but I can't stop stressing about it. I've watched youtube videos about expressing urine by squeezing a cat's bladder (which is usually used on cats that are paralyzed), so if it comes to it I'll happily do that, but I really just hope she's going to be 100% back to her normal self.

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this and about possible treatments? She has pet insurance with up to £4000 per condition and it's the covered for life policy so they wont stop paying for the treatment after 12 months like the other types of policies. If she does have problems with her bladder, do you think £4000 cover will be enough to (if possible) get her back to normal?

I know I have the vet's appointment in a few hours (and they're the people who will know the most) but this is really stressing me out and I can't get it off my mind.

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.
So, all of a sudden, my cat has started peeing in random places. I noticed it for the first time last night. I was cleaning and pulled a basket out from under the bed to sweep and she climbed in and started to pee. I scolded her and shooed her off to the litter box, but she found another basket to pee in. This morning, I caught her peeing on a pile of towels that were in the laundry. I plan on taking her to the vet, but could it be her litter? I did a total change out a few days ago and had to buy a different brand from what I usually get. I think that this brand is scented as well. I use large Rubbermaid containers as litter boxes with large holes cut in the lid. I have taken the lids off since maybe the smell is what is bothering her.
Could litter be the culprit?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SuzieMcAwesome posted:

So, all of a sudden, my cat has started peeing in random places. I noticed it for the first time last night. I was cleaning and pulled a basket out from under the bed to sweep and she climbed in and started to pee. I scolded her and shooed her off to the litter box, but she found another basket to pee in. This morning, I caught her peeing on a pile of towels that were in the laundry. I plan on taking her to the vet, but could it be her litter? I did a total change out a few days ago and had to buy a different brand from what I usually get. I think that this brand is scented as well. I use large Rubbermaid containers as litter boxes with large holes cut in the lid. I have taken the lids off since maybe the smell is what is bothering her.

My cat does this when she has a Urinary Tract Infection, so vet as soon as possible. If it's frequent it could be a little more than that, such as bladder stones (my cat had a good 9 of them removed a couple years ago). Can you tell if the urine is discolored?

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.

Iron Crowned posted:

My cat does this when she has a Urinary Tract Infection, so vet as soon as possible. If it's frequent it could be a little more than that, such as bladder stones (my cat had a good 9 of them removed a couple years ago). Can you tell if the urine is discolored?

This is the first time that I have ever know of her doing this. Everything that she has peed on has been dark brown or black so I do not know what color it is. I have been trying to wash everything asap so that the cat pee stink does not set in. We got a lot of snow overnight so I cannot get her to the vet right now. Maybe later or tomorrow.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SuzieMcAwesome posted:

It's very, very possible. I'd switch back to your standard one or another unscented one as soon as you can. If she still pees on weird places, maybe check with a vet then.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SuzieMcAwesome posted:

This is the first time that I have ever know of her doing this. Everything that she has peed on has been dark brown or black so I do not know what color it is. I have been trying to wash everything asap so that the cat pee stink does not set in. We got a lot of snow overnight so I cannot get her to the vet right now. Maybe later or tomorrow.

Yeah, it's pretty sucky really. The litter itself is probably not bothering her, but she thinks it is, because she's in pain when she tries to use it. The bright side is that if it's only a one off thing, a shot and a week or so of medication should clear it up.

If it is more than a one-off, you'll probably have to switch to a perscription food.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Hey Rah, I'm not a vet but if she's taking pain medicine she could be nauseated/constipated. The vet might give her an antiemetic and/or an enema, don't worry.

Rah
Mar 9, 2006
Me and Sophie are back home again from the vet now. She did eventually use her litter box. The vet said that maybe the reason it took so long for her to use it is because of the pain in her legs and it'd be uncomfortable when she squats.

She's also not putting any weight on one of her front paws today (Which I think was ok last night at the emergency vet), so she needs to go back again in the morning for xrays. I'm so glad I have pet insurance.. The vet estimated the xrays will be another £250 because he'll need to do around 4 of them. All the visits/treatment so far (Since last night) has been around £450, and there might be even more costs if her leg is broken or fractured. I'll have to pay a £70 excess for making the pet insurance claim but it's so much better than having to pay for all the treatment myself.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

God Over Djinn posted:

What is the best cat tree at around the $120-150 price point? Looking for something tall with lots of shelves but a relatively small footprint ideally.

Dogen posted:

Look at various armarkats on amazon
I know it's been a while but: This.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I have 2 cats that are both about 2 years old. We have 2 litter boxes but both are in the same closet together. Their whole lives they have happily used these litter boxes equally. But For the week of valentine's day, we went on vacation, leaving them at home with my mom coming by once a day to make sure they were fed/watered and to scoop the boxes. Terra started pooping right in front of the closet. She would still pee in the litter boxes.

We chalked it up to her missing us and being stressed, but it continued after we came back home. We scrubbed and vacuumed the carpet with Nature's Miracle but it continued. We took her to the vet but she checked out fine. Neither of the cats have had any other behavior, environment, or food changes. I washed both litter boxes and STILL she pooped on the floor. For now I have moved one litter box outside of the closet on top of where she would poop. This seems to have solved the problem, but I would prefer the litter box to not be outside the closet.

Should I slowly try to move it back into the closet? Should I suck it up and leave it be? Anyone have any other suggestions?

Here is the pooper in question

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Buggiezor posted:

I have 2 cats that are both about 2 years old. We have 2 litter boxes but both are in the same closet together. Their whole lives they have happily used these litter boxes equally. But For the week of valentine's day, we went on vacation, leaving them at home with my mom coming by once a day to make sure they were fed/watered and to scoop the boxes. Terra started pooping right in front of the closet. She would still pee in the litter boxes.

We chalked it up to her missing us and being stressed, but it continued after we came back home. We scrubbed and vacuumed the carpet with Nature's Miracle but it continued. We took her to the vet but she checked out fine. Neither of the cats have had any other behavior, environment, or food changes. I washed both litter boxes and STILL she pooped on the floor. For now I have moved one litter box outside of the closet on top of where she would poop. This seems to have solved the problem, but I would prefer the litter box to not be outside the closet.

Should I slowly try to move it back into the closet? Should I suck it up and leave it be? Anyone have any other suggestions?

Here is the pooper in question

She is a beautiful little poo poo, pun very much intended.

Damn Bananas
Jul 1, 2007

You humans bore me
I would move the box veeeeeery gradually back into the closet, an inch per day. It's the theory behind literal-toilet-training cats, I think, it'd be worth a shot!

As a side theory, have they had any new treats recently introduced that could be making their pee/poo more stinky to her but undetectable to you? If the closet is a pretty enclosed space it would emphasize the stink to her, but being in the open felt fresher so she went there, maybe.

Tomato Soup
Jan 16, 2006

God Over Djinn posted:

What is the best cat tree at around the $120-150 price point? Looking for something tall with lots of shelves but a relatively small footprint ideally.

Again, a bit late but just got and built this yesterday.

This is a $136 Armarkat from Amazon, it doesn't really have a small footprint but there are others that are smaller but I wanted the ramp.

Wendy-approved.

Rah
Mar 9, 2006

Tomato Soup posted:

This is a $136 Armarkat from Amazon, it doesn't really have a small footprint but there are others that are smaller but I wanted the ramp.

Wendy-approved.

I bet my girls would be so jealous if they saw your cat tree! I'd like to get a bigger one with more places for them to sit on, but i've only had it a month and a half or so, so not planning to replace it just yet.

This is the one my little girls have:

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Tomato Soup posted:

Wendy-approved.

My parents have this one and after 4 years, the bottom ramp has fallen off (the cats didn't use it anyway) but otherwise has held up really nicely. I got an Armakat for christmas and while it has a small footprint, it wobbles a hell of a lot more than the one in this picture, so I'd recommend not trying to go too small. The center of gravity needs to be low.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I'm still considering one, but I'm shite at assembling, well, anything and I've had enough of faux-wood things as they are usually utter rubbish. There are a few proper-wood models out there, but they're kind of out of my price range. I rather like that red one, though, because it has a little cubby for cats to go for some privacy.

Edit: The now-corrected typo was brought to you by a cheeky kitten sashaying across the keyboard.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

On the topic of cat furniture, my idiot apparently is a vertical scratcher, and I don't think sisal does it for him. He enjoys scratching leather and textured fabric (our couch), and I'm trying to find a decent alternative to present him with. So far he has completely ignored the Scratch Lounge, other vertical cardboard scratcher, and arc-shaped sisal/rug scratcher I got him, so I'm thinking a scratching post might be a better idea. Does anyone have one to recommend? I'm a grad student, so the cheaper the better.

The catte in question on the couch that he loves to destroy:

painted bird
Oct 18, 2013

by Lowtax
Have you tried rubbing catnip on the things you want him to scratch instead of the sofa?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

chthonic bell posted:

Have you tried rubbing catnip on the things you want him to scratch instead of the sofa?
Yes, I tried that. He's immune to catnip. :( He doesn't react at all to it.

Rah
Mar 9, 2006
I'm so thankful to have pet insurance right now..

In case you didn't see my last posts, i stupidly forgot to close a window and Sophie, who is a little over 5 months old, got onto the roof and fell to the ground. On Sunday night she was taken to the out of hours vet and she got checked over and sent home with some pain medication.. Took her again yesterday and he was concerned about her front right leg because she wouldn't put any weight on it so wanted to do some xrays.

She went in this morning for the xrays and I picked her up this evening. The vet showed me the xrays and she has a fracture on one of the bones in like the wrist/ankle part of the leg where the growth plate is and will need surgery to put some pins in it to prevent any growth problems.

In total I've paid around £450 already for the visits, pain medication and xrays and the surgery is going to be another £800 roughly. I'm so glad I have insurance.. I should get most of the £450 back (minus the £70 excess) and the vet is going to do a direct claim from the insurer for the surgery cost..

I'm just relieved that the injury is something she'll get better from and really glad the outcome from the fall wasn't any worse..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baxxy
Feb 18, 2005

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -homer simpson

Stroop There It Is posted:

On the topic of cat furniture, my idiot apparently is a vertical scratcher, and I don't think sisal does it for him. He enjoys scratching leather and textured fabric (our couch), and I'm trying to find a decent alternative to present him with. So far he has completely ignored the Scratch Lounge, other vertical cardboard scratcher, and arc-shaped sisal/rug scratcher I got him, so I'm thinking a scratching post might be a better idea. Does anyone have one to recommend? I'm a grad student, so the cheaper the better.

The catte in question on the couch that he loves to destroy:

My cat has something like this, but with sisal instead. He loves it like crazy. Since your cat is into fabrics more than sisal, this one might work out better. At first I kind of wedged the bottom edge under the couch a smidge to keep it from falling over when he scratches it, but in the end it didn't matter - I've since moved it and he doesn't knock it over even when scratching vigorously, and he's 11 lbs.

http://www.petco.com/product/8888/P...her%20Toys-8888