Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Hey I'm trying to do some save game editing in Victoria 2 and I'm not sure what to edit to change what Sphere of Influence a nation belongs to. Can someone help?

In the listing where it shows all of the relations for a country. For example, in my Germany game where I have Turkey sphered, the relations for Turkey in the Germany part of the file look like this:
code:
	TUR=
	{
		value=200
		military_access=yes
		last_send_diplomat="1902.8.16"
		level=5
		level_changed_date="1874.6.20"
		influence_value=100.000
	}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Playing Europa Universalis IV right now on a older machine and I've turned settings down but still have some slowness. Is there a way to disable unit animations?

Edit: Nvm, just took the models out of the folder. Running a lot faster now.

Edit2: Will no model for units i cant click and drag to select them now. Ugg. Guess i'l have to make a small square jpeg or something and rename it a bunch of times.

Quornes fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 3, 2014

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Edit-Meant for eu4 thread

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Mar 3, 2014

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Quornes posted:

Edit2: Will no model for units i cant click and drag to select them now. Ugg. Guess i'l have to make a small square jpeg or something and rename it a bunch of times.

Something you might refer to as a ... counter? (Please put an option for counters in all your games, Paradox - yes, this includes RuneMaster)

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
pdxjohan, will Runemaster feature snowshoeing? This is important.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Dibujante posted:

pdxjohan, will Runemaster feature snowshoeing? This is important.

Ski Vikings

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Victoria 2 is on sale on steam for $5, I just grabbed it myself.

edit: started a campaign, no idea what the gently caress I'm doing.

Mustang fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Mar 4, 2014

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mustang posted:

Victoria 2 is on sale on steam for $5, I just grabbed it myself.

edit: started a campaign, no idea what the gently caress I'm doing.
The early Victoria 2 campaigns, before you have any idea of what you're doing, are probably the most accurate simulation of politics in a Paradox game.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
Most accurate simulation of an economy as well.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Then the player learns to unify China in 10 years and the economy shits itself when the player hits top rank on the back of army alone and starts building railroads and factories in all states.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

vic2.gif

It is also a little known fact that on January 2nd 1836, most of the world was plunged into financial crisis.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Cynic Jester posted:

Then the player learns to unify China in 10 years and the economy shits itself when the player hits top rank on the back of army alone and starts building railroads and factories in all states.

It was a realistic proposition in the 1800's for Corea to conquer all of China. Trust me.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Disco Infiva posted:

vic2.gif

It is also a little known fact that on January 2nd 1836, most of the world was plunged into financial crisis.

A crisis that lasted roughly 4 days.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The early Victoria 2 campaigns, before you have any idea of what you're doing, are probably the most accurate simulation of politics in a Paradox game.

My first game was as Haiti. I managed to get myself bankrupt in the first few years, then my general led a coup and then the Dominican Republic split off and then everything was terrible.

Edit: My second game was also as Haiti, and then I managed to end the game in 9th place, so, you know, a learning experience.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 4, 2014

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Do we have a release date on Rajas of India yet?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So I managed to get the Secret Denmark converter working (the brilliant fanmade EU4-V2 converter). Just for fun I converted 1821 endgame history file from EU4 to V2. Does anyone want me to make up an album of the result?

Most balance-affecting thing is that mega-Afghanistan had not yet broken up in 1821 and it converted over as Commonwealth Of, a civ, #9, and a major threat to British India (especially since about half of Britain's Princely States are...well...not princely states but independent countries).

Also, Peru-Bolivia ended up as Area Of.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Woah EU4 to V2 converter? How good is it?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Baronjutter posted:

Utterly atrocious and also amazing and fantastic at the same time. It's squarely in "so bad it's good" territory.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

Baronjutter posted:

See for yourself.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Really the only screenshot you need to link is Secret Denmark.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

http://imgur.com/a/uurR2

Here, have a new V2 game! This is EU4's 1821 history file as is, no player intervention, converted to V2.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Patter Song posted:

Here, have a new V2 game! This is EU4's 1821 history file as is, no player intervention, converted to V2.

Normal, normal, normal, Java. :stare:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Patter Song posted:

My nation is...

MIGHTY

:rock: :black101:

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!

uPen posted:

Normal, normal, normal, Java. :stare:

Same here, I was thinking "huh, this actually seems pretty tame other than Italian Estonia". Then I saw Asia. :staredog: Did you know that Braunschweig is actually in Central Asia, bordering Java? Because I didn't!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I want someone to make a Victoria LP as either Nation or Area.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:Kondratievtear:

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

vyelkin posted:

I want someone to make a Victoria LP as either Nation or Area.

Can't forget State Of.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
MIGHTY

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Patter Song posted:

That is a very interesting Chinese Mongolia.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd also dedicate nine thousand men into observation duty if my neighbours were those.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
State of Area. :geno:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If the State of Nation isn't the first country to develop nationalism and become a nation-state I'll be very disappointed.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

vyelkin posted:

If the State of Nation isn't the first country to develop nationalism and become a nation-state I'll be very disappointed.

What does the President of this country call it when he has to make a speech to address the people?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

DrSunshine posted:

What does the President of this country call it when he has to make a speech to address the people?

Just say 'people of this proud Nation', but with Nation as the name instead of a generic term. Think like 'people of Great Britain'.

I wanna know what those mini-countries in the middle are though. Or do countries in this brave new era have no need of petty names?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Astro Nut posted:

Just say 'people of this proud Nation', but with Nation as the name instead of a generic term. Think like 'people of Great Britain'.

I wanna know what those mini-countries in the middle are though. Or do countries in this brave new era have no need of petty names?

Nah, the question is how the President would call the equivalent of the State of the Union.

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven

Spiderfist Island posted:

I think you mean Terran Empire ship, because otherwise killing your superior to take their rank won't make sense.

Hell, you could do a WH40K game where you're all various deck dynasties of a millennia-old ship the size of Manhattan.
Why aren't we doing this? This is the freshest idea for a CK2 mod I've ever seen.

Neorxenawang posted:

Would she, though? Would she really?
Didn't she actually do this in one of the earlier seasons? Back when it was in her interest to push the Bajorans towards reactionary violence and distance the planet from the Federation?

DStecks posted:

Can't forget State Of.
Honestly, I'd be pretty down for a V2 mod where every random-gen nation is just a government type with no discerning name.

e X posted:

Nah, the question is how the President would call the equivalent of the State of the Union.
It would almost certainly descend into horrible puns, i.e. "The State of Our Nation is Mighty," causing the people to immediately overthrow that government.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Wolfgang Pauli posted:

It would almost certainly descend into horrible puns, i.e. "The State of Our Nation is Mighty," causing the people to immediately overthrow that government.

Thus founding the Sad State of Affairs.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Sheep posted:

Really the only screenshot you need to link is Secret Denmark.

It's where all the vikings are hiding. Come WWI the world will know their fury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

YF-23 posted:

Thus founding the Sad State of Affairs.

I think this thread has reached its apex, everyone.

• Locked thread