Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Shannonmcn posted:

What do I get if I do the dishes? Is oral for dishes a well known trade off?

And here I was doing dishes in exchange for "not the Evil Eye" all this time, like a chump!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zeether posted:

Lupita Nyong'o won an Oscar and some white people can't loving stand it:

How do these people spout such poo poo with most of their real names? loving broken world.

into the void
Feb 13, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

How do these people spout such poo poo with most of their real names? loving broken world.

Because usually their friends and family have similar opinions about what is appropriate to post/funny/notracist. When you have an echo chamber like that, your idiotic worldview is never questioned.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
"______ was robbed" is an incredibly common way to express the idea that someone deserved an award and did not get it. There's nothing inappropriate about it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Dr. Clockwork posted:

The comments haven't been interesting but a buddy of mine posted this.

What the gently caress? :psyduck:

I find it funny that it's commonly thought that men keeping their living spaces clean rather than making someone else to do it for them should be considered super special. Shouldn't that be normal? Looking forward to the day when wives aren't merely mommy replacements.

Also one-sided sex as a reward to act like a normal person isn't really healthy.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.
^^^^^
It's the same with dads being given kudos for "babysitting" their kids, doing your basic duty doesn't need to be applauded and congratulated at every turn.

Vintersorg posted:

Honestly, that wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I'm sure in a day or two the Public Shaming tumblr will have some amazingly racist posts, though.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Picnic Princess posted:

I find it funny that it's commonly thought that men keeping their living spaces clean rather than making someone else to do it for them should be considered super special. Shouldn't that be normal? Looking forward to the day when wives aren't merely mommy replacements.

Also one-sided sex as a reward to act like a normal person isn't really healthy.

It's almost like these people are super sexist!

In their mind women should reward the man with her body, since he's degrading himself by stooping so low as to do a woman's job.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

A guy who works in our lab always complains about "minding the kids". HIS OWN KIDS. Why did you make them if you don't want to have to take care of them? I can't say anything because I need his good will.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

into the void posted:

Because usually their friends and family have similar opinions about what is appropriate to post/funny/notracist. When you have an echo chamber like that, your idiotic worldview is never questioned.

Sort of like SomethingAwful.com.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Shannonmcn posted:

A guy who works in our lab always complains about "minding the kids". HIS OWN KIDS. Why did you make them if you don't want to have to take care of them? I can't say anything because I need his good will.

No man actually wants kids, which means he was forced into having them by the woman, so it should be her responsibility to do the lion's share of child care.

/MRA

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Darth Freddy posted:

Dish water in hair has to suck/stink.

Obviously you then give a follow-up blowjob in the shower while the man washes your hair for you.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Dr. Clockwork posted:

The comments haven't been interesting but a buddy of mine posted this.

What the gently caress? :psyduck:

When is this part of our culture going to be done? Most couples have both people working and share household chores. Most people don't wait to leave their parents home until they get married, and therefore have plenty experience taking care of their own poo poo without mommy. Most women also like sex and don't see it as a reward, but as a mutually gratifying activity. That illustration could easily be me and my neat freak boyfriend if only the caption read, "I'm horny as gently caress can you please take a break from the drat dishes."

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
Your boyfriend is concave as gently caress.

patb01
Jul 4, 2008
Maybe in Reddit world of bad internet world blowjobs are a currency, "if I do X I get 2.75 blowjobs, but if I add in y then I get another .25 blowjobs giving me 3 total." It's like Bitcoins but less internet libertarianisim.

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

Some more attention-whoring about adventures on the "astral plane":

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Patchouli Patrol posted:

Some more attention-whoring about adventures on the "astral plane":

I love how blasé this is. They can't even put a little bit of verve into their pretend mental disorder?

"Ugh, don't you just hate it when you wake up early and already all of your friends and family have been replaced by dopplegangers by the government agents stalking your house? Like, can't this at least wait until I've had my caffeine, FBI dudes? I just so can't deal with this right now."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

grate deceiver posted:

I'm pretty sure I saw something by him on youtube that went almost exactly like this.

"Of course, but maybe" is a Louis CK routine. That specific variation of it is not, to my knowledge.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Picnic Princess posted:

Because gender roles. Men are supposed to be out there doing man's work, bringing home the bacon, etc etc while the woman is at home taking care of the kids, fixing dinner, cleaning the house, etc etc, so it's super-special when a guy decides to cross-over to the other side and do the dishes as a favor to the person who should really be the one doing it.

And yes, as a cultural meme it's incredibly outdated and sexist.

serbp
Nov 30, 2013
Holy poo poo this loving guy

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

serbp posted:

At least he's hot on the track of the issue.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

serbp posted:

This never ceases to boggle my mind. These shirtless Putin shots are ridiculously obvious propoganda just barely a step above "Dear Leader is the best golfer in the world but has since stopped playing to give everybody else a chance". Yet people eat that poo poo up like crazy.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Just a few years ago they were complaining that Obama was on the verge of being a dictator.

Now they're idolizing a dictator.

:psyboom:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Scarf posted:

Just a few years ago they were complaining that Obama was on the verge of being a dictator.

Now they're idolizing a dictator.

:psyboom:

You say that like it's not something they've wanted all along.

SilkyP posted:

Sort of like SomethingAwful.com.

Except the echo here is "you're a pathetic loser and everyone rightly hates you."

Obligatory Handle
Feb 27, 2004

by Lowtax

serbp posted:

18 U.S.C. § 2381 states "whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States."

Plastics.
May 3, 2012
one word
Grimey Drawer
I can't figure out exactly what this is trying to say. If you settle for a mediocre guy, you should be disappointed in men and not in your own bad judgement? Or if you find the best man you can and he's still disappointing, then it's justified to be disappointed in men generally? Is there an obvious third interpretation I'm missing? Is it supposed to be ironic? Jason Evert is a chastity advocate or something.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

It never stops!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

BTW, this guy looks like a pudgy, slightly taller version of Carl from The Walking Dead.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

He is against the NSA but its ok to put a chip in someone and track them if your of a different color. It is also ok to shoot them if they come back in to our country.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

CUTTING ARE MILITARY! :freep:

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

serbp posted:

Who's the one on the right?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

LorrdErnie posted:

Who's the one on the right?

Probably Jane Fonda, who was very outspoken against the Vietnam War. Conservatives really, really know how to hold a grudge.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Perestroika posted:

Probably Jane Fonda, who was very outspoken against the Vietnam War. Conservatives really, really know how to hold a grudge.

Elephants are well known for their memory.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Overall I can't help but agree with this. :shrug: Immigrants just don't have any natural predators here and if they manage to spread all the way up to the Great Lakes their rapid reproduction and voracious appetites could completely destroy the delicate balance of an already unsteady ecosystem.

Oh wait, no, sorry, I'm thinking of Asian Carp. I keep getting those two mixed up.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Met posted:

CUTTING ARE MILITARY! :freep:

my favorite part is they're actually buying into the propaganda of an ex KGB autocrat.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

dijon du jour posted:

Overall I can't help but agree with this. :shrug: Immigrants just don't have any natural predators here and if they manage to spread all the way up to the Great Lakes their rapid reproduction and voracious appetites could completely destroy the delicate balance of an already unsteady ecosystem.

Oh wait, no, sorry, I'm thinking of Asian Carp. I keep getting those two mixed up.

I...I think I love you.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

canyoneer posted:

BTW, this guy looks like a pudgy, slightly taller version of Carl from The Walking Dead.

You must become his sensei.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Holy poo poo these people with the Ukraine poo poo.

Only because of Obama's weakness does the second most important super power on the planet move troops into a region that it shares a language with and is pushing to seperate itself so it can join the aforementioned superpower. If Bush had been in power, Crimea would be a hunk of radioactive glass at the bottom of the Black sea by now, and Putin would know he could do anything.

Excuse, I'm going to make a prediction. Sometime after the next president is elected, some bad poo poo is going to go down between China and Taiwan. These, ironclad truths handed down, you're welcome, international community.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

dijon du jour posted:

This is hilarious. I am pretty much going to copy/paste this as a response.

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ flaggy's sig is a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no man ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Nothing that happens in the world at large affects us, right guys? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He comes so close to having a point about how American foreign policy often leads to us trying to impose our values on countries that don't necessarily want them, and then just falls on his face.

• Locked thread