Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Spoeank posted:

Hopefully God is speaking to him as a blonde woman in a red dress.

God has a plan for you, Muema...

We haven't quite invented those robots yet though.

Unless that's what Google's up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Kellen Clemens is still in the NFL. Sure, Joey Harrington's not lining his knuckles with Super Bowl rings but as an Oregon fan I'm loving set.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Sure, Joey Harrington's not lining his knuckles with Super Bowl rings but as an Oregon fan I'm loving set.

Trigger warning for Joey Harrington fans, please. I loved this game as a kid. :sigh:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I still maintain that if he had had quality coaching and not been dumped into a dumpster fire situation that Harrington could have been a concert pianist.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Steady riser :getin:

quote:

According to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, "word is" the Raiders liked Fresno State QB Derek Carr "more" than Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel "coming out of the Combine."

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Fifth overall, please! I need this is my life.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I can't wait til this stupid draft is over and done with.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'd be okay taking Kelvin Benjamin at No. 32 if we don't bring back Rice.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Benne posted:

I'd be okay taking Kelvin Benjamin at No. 32 if we don't bring back Rice.

Rob Staton has been talking him up a lot, and he seems like a Carroll kind of guy, but is it really that likely that he falls to the bottom of the first? I thought he was getting a lot of talk higher up. ASJ coming off a surgery would be a cool pickup a la Wlater Thurmond but I doubt he manages to sink too far.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hint anything you hear between here and the draft is a smokescreen.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Schwack posted:

Rob Staton has been talking him up a lot, and he seems like a Carroll kind of guy, but is it really that likely that he falls to the bottom of the first? I thought he was getting a lot of talk higher up. ASJ coming off a surgery would be a cool pickup a la Wlater Thurmond but I doubt he manages to sink too far.

It's possible. He's probably the 3rd or 4th best receiver prospect behind Watkins, Evan and Lee. There aren't often more than 4 WRs taken in the first round so it's possible that Benjamin lasts until the end of the first.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Odell Beckham is easily going in the 1st.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I could easily see half a dozen receivers going in the first, it's probably the strongest position group of the draft.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ozu posted:

Odell Beckham is easily going in the 1st.

Not really. I also like Landry better than ODB.

Brandin Cooks is the guy whose going to have a meteoric rise. He's already firmly planted in the top 5 and could easily jump Lee and Benjamin. Other than that, this seems to be a draft where there's so much quality that some of these guys slated for the second are going to drop to the third and fourth round.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Doltos posted:

Not really. I also like Landry better than ODB.

I like Landry more as well, but ODB is probably going in the first.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

ShakeZula posted:

but Ballard and Richardson will be our primary platoon.

The Browns are going to take the greatest player ever in that spot and I am never going to forget the plague that is Trent Richardson

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 3, 2014

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

bhsman posted:

I like Landry more as well, but ODB is probably going in the first.

And he's probably going to the Chiefs.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Just get me Sammy Watkins damnit.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Athanatos posted:

The Browns are going to take the greatest player ever in that spot and I am never going to forget the plague that is Trent Richardson

I'm going to just let the fact that you think the Browns will wisely use that pick sink in for a little bit.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Bigass Moth posted:

I'm going to just let the fact that you think the Browns will wisely use that pick sink in for a little bit.

Even the sun shines on a dogs rear end some days

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
The Browns got Joe Haden, they have used up all their good karma this decade.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Athanatos posted:

but what if that dog has two asses?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Athanatos posted:

In this case though, the sun is shining brightly enough to show that said dog has stage 4 colon cancer.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Doltos posted:

but what if that dog has two asses?

What if it has no asses like that NickToon CatDog?

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

More importantly, does it have two cocks? Are any or both of them of above average or larger size?

:goonsay:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
On a scale of Darren Sharper to Donald Driver, how big would you say they are

(What ever happened to Hilario anyway?)

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

quote:

Mack took the field at his UB pro day Tuesday and put the icing on the cake, running a 4.54 in the 40-yard dash, bettering his already-impressive 4.65 from the combine.

Read more at http://www.sportstalkflorida.com/khalil-mack-runs-a-4-54-at-buffalos-pro-day/#eA4st6adgq5X4o9u.99

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie is apparently there.

Also,

Twitter posted:

#49ers coach Jim Harbaugh at Northwestern pro day where Eastern Illinois QB Jimmy Garoppolo expected to perform

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'd probably be more happy with Khalil Mack than Clowney tbh

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Toymachine posted:

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie is apparently there.

Also,

Lol. How likely is it that the Niners try to lower Kaep's salary by having him compete with a fresh face?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chichevache posted:

Lol. How likely is it that the Niners try to lower Kaep's salary by having him compete with a fresh face?

It wouldn't be competition. Farming QBs is becoming super popular now and it seems like most teams with established QBs are grabbing a big named second day pick in every draft.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

It wouldn't be competition. Farming QBs is becoming super popular now and it seems like most teams with established QBs are grabbing a big named second day pick in every draft.

How would it not be competition? Harbaugh already demonstrated that he's capable and willing to replace his entrenched starter with another guy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

Not the Texans! The last QB they drafted before the 5th round was Dave Ragone in 2003

Weeeeee! :sigh:

Dr. Foom
Jul 5, 2007

I have approximate knowledge of many things.

Blitz7x posted:

I'd probably be more happy with Khalil Mack than Clowney tbh

I'm starting to think along these lines as well. Of course, I'd prefer Bridgewater before either of them, but I doubt he drops as far as #5.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Dr. Foom posted:

I'm starting to think along these lines as well. Of course, I'd prefer Bridgewater before either of them, but I doubt he drops as far as #5.

Definitely Bridgewater if available. I seriously think Clowney will bust if he joins the Raiders, but is an all-pro on any other team. Is this battered-wife syndrome or something?

Toymachine
Jul 2, 2007

Warning - Posts created under the influence of Codeine and/or Skittles

Blitz7x posted:

Definitely Bridgewater if available. I seriously think Clowney will bust if he joins the Raiders, but is an all-pro on any other team. Is this battered-wife syndrome or something?

Not a dumb point considering if Houston leaves he will have no veteran DE to put his rear end in check and could mentally check out playing for a bottom feeder.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

On the Texans he would have Watt riding his rear end but I could easily see that backfiring for someone with the natural talent and athletic ability of a Clowney. Of course, if he thinks he's too good to be mentored by the best defensive lineman in football then I don't know what the gently caress to think of him

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Chichevache posted:

How would it not be competition? Harbaugh already demonstrated that he's capable and willing to replace his entrenched starter with another guy.

Kaepernick came in and added a new dynamic to the 49ers offense while displaying similar skill to Alex Smith in the short game, that's why he was replaced. I guess you're right that me saying it's not competition because everything is a competition in the NFL. I'm just saying that the relationship between Garoppolo and Kaepernick would be more like Mallett and Brady or Nassib and Eli.

Then again Garoppolo could easily be a second round riser so I wouldn't look too much into Harbaugh being at his pro day.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

On the Texans he would have Watt riding his rear end but I could easily see that backfiring for someone with the natural talent and athletic ability of a Clowney. Of course, if he thinks he's too good to be mentored by the best defensive lineman in football then I don't know what the gently caress to think of him

I don't understand why people think Watt would be the guy to keep Clowney motivated when we literally have Bill Kollar and Mike Vrabel as coaches. :v: Not to mention his old S&C coach.

Not to mention it's a moot point if the 'effort' argument about Clowney was full of poo poo all along.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Because Watt came out and said he would?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

Because Watt came out and said he would?

Did he, or was that McNair you're referring to? In any case, my point is Watt is like third on the list of people I'd expect to keep Clowney in line (which still reeks of the dumb motivation concerns).

• Locked thread