Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I will never not love any excuse to listen to and watch this again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

blurry! posted:

I need the power of music expressed in visual form.

All interpretations welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHLGg-GS5Fc

Gitaroo Man always

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

blurry! posted:

I'm looking for a few devilish or otherworldly businessmen. They can be subtle, like strange eye colors, or out and out a crazy thing in a business suit.

Tollymain posted:

Ahaha, dude, at least check the last page of the thread before posting stuff.

Sorry guy, must've glossed over it. :shrug:

Captain_Indigo posted:

Does anyone have more things with multiple heads embedded in one humanoid body? This sort of thing, as opposed to hydras or multi-headed monsters.

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 15, 2014

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

7c Nickel posted:

Hahaha, yes they did.

Oh man, if it wasn't off-topic, I'd ask you to post the inevitable shitstorm that ensued :allears:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

blurry! posted:

I'm looking for a few devilish or otherworldly businessmen. They can be subtle, like strange eye colors, or out and out a crazy thing in a business suit.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

blurry! posted:

I will never stop showing these off. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss9Znucx4GM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlKX_1XHoPA

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ahaha, dude, at least check the last page of the thread before posting stuff.

The Leper Colon V posted:

I have a strange request. I'm looking for NPC ideas. So, what I want is those character images you never get a chance to post. The ones that don't really fit any theme, or fit ones that never really come up.

B-C :shepicide:
A couple music-related ones in there.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
B-C continued

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 4, 2014

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
B-C concluded

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

blurry! posted:

http://vimeo.com/80210343

http://youtu.be/jv6mEv_rDdE

http://youtu.be/wBqM2ytqHY4

http://youtu.be/C7ba1CNOLiI

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41_svUt5_e0

edit2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

clockworkjoe fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 4, 2014

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
Those are all really cool, but I guess I should have specified I meant "visual" as in "pictorial" :shobon:

Like, something that conveys the feeling or power of music without the audio element.

Here's some examples I'm posting from my collection:

This is on the right track!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can I get pictures of landscapes where the sky becomes an ocean? Like, a sea hanging over everything, if that makes sense. Bonus points: a mountain(s) or a tower(s) rising up into the sea.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I’d like some pictures for my Bas-Lag campaign. I'd especially like thugs, pirates, badass cactus men, very deformed/magically spliced people, magitech/steampunk cyborgs, and women with bug heads, but anything that fits with the setting would be great.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At least post some art when you make requests :cmon:

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I don't have an art collection to draw from. All I've got is google image search. Here's the stuff I've used so far... as you can see the well is pretty dry.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

blurry! posted:

Those are all really cool, but I guess I should have specified I meant "visual" as in "pictorial" :shobon:

Like, something that conveys the feeling or power of music without the audio element.

Here are all the music-related pictures I can muster. Whether or not they convey ~the power of musak~ is up to you.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Tollymain posted:

Can I get pictures of landscapes where the sky becomes an ocean? Like, a sea hanging over everything, if that makes sense. Bonus points: a mountain(s) or a tower(s) rising up into the sea.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I always felt the Guilty Gear games and characters are manifestations of the bad rear end soundtrack rather than the soundtrack existing to complement the fighting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ9Cd4MKqHs&t=82s

Guilty Gear's I-No is an embodiment of the concept; she fights with a guitar, her projectiles (as I recall) are musical notes and her instant kill is summoning an entire concert with two giant speakers to bounce her opponent on the sound waves until they're dead.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I want skull guns and orange soda.

Not lemon lime.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
If you're OK with anime, how about Nonon Jakuzure from Kill la Kill? The band club leader's totally about fighting with the power of music!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Commoners posted:

I want skull guns and orange soda.

Not lemon lime.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kind of wish I knew what you mean by "magically spliced", and I have no cactus people, but here's my best shot:

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Thanks! By magically spliced I meant folks merged with plants, animals, machines, or just heavily deformed in weird ways. Owlbears, centaurs, and mermaids would all fit but extra gross and weird instead of natural looking. This guy is a perfect example of what I was looking for:

Or this guy:

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Thanks! By magically spliced I meant folks merged with plants, animals, machines, or just heavily deformed in weird ways. Owlbears, centaurs, and mermaids would all fit but extra gross and weird instead of natural looking. This guy is a perfect example of what I was looking for:

Or this guy:

The word you're looking for is "chimerical" or "chimeric". Just for future reference.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nah man, I mean something more like this:

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I don't have an art collection to draw from. All I've got is google image search. Here's the stuff I've used so far... as you can see the well is pretty dry.

Start one. Here's some to get you going :getin:

AlanWhats
Mar 3, 2013

A smartly dressed scientist robot: high five bro.
Hello everybody! First, want to be one of many to say how great this and the previous thread were. It's awesome being able to see just this wall of awesome inspirational images. I wish I could add a lot at the moment, but at the moment I don't feel like I have much that would be worth posting. I'll probably dig into my giant store of pictures and see what I come up with. In the meantime, have some images that have caught my eye recently.

Now, for the request portion of this post: I want some pulp fantasy up in this. I want to see the pulpiest of pulp, the weirdest of weird tales, the most dashing of princes and thieves, the most violent warriors, the strangest and most horrifying of abominations, the most bizarre artifacts of the old world, the most evocative and grand of landmarks and cities. Give me pulp/weird sci-fi/fantasy of every kind imaginable. Feel free to give me sources too, I will not turn down anything that can help in this quest.

Thank you very much for your time, and I appreciate anything you can help me with.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Anyone got modern/futuristic roman soldiers? Something like the Severan Dominate from Warhammer 40k:

I like the concept but would like some more variety in units for an upcoming Only War PbP game.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 5, 2014

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr. Prokosch posted:

I think you mean this guy. Rehosted from here.

For the uninitiated, that's Jack Half-A-Prayer, who was Remade and magically spliced into what you see there, a man with a praying mantis arm. Some were Remade for industrial purposes, with steam tractors for legs, or gills, and some were Remade for ironic punishments, like removing the mouth of one who refused to talk to police.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

More music as a weapon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4u00aOdhbI

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gonna answer Alan in a bit with some stuff but how does this look for hosed up poo poo?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

frajaq posted:

Anyone got modern/futuristic roman soldiers? Something like the Severan Dominate from Warhammer 40k:

I like the concept but would like some more variety in units for an upcoming Only War PbP game.
For certain definitions of "future", see Fallout: New Vegas.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Tollymain posted:

Gonna answer Alan in a bit with some stuff but how does this look for hosed up poo poo?

That looks like a wonderful example of Torque warping! I'll totally use that if they ever head towards the Stain or do something really stupid with magic. Could also be an extreme example of Remade, although that's kind of a hostile design.

Also thanks to Darthbob 88 for posting that gallery of genuine Bas-Lag illustrations, although its strangely sparse. I've found some of the stuff to be really hard to find, especially the cactus people and the bug headed women.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Source

ObMeiste
Oct 7, 2003

The Boss doesn't like you. Get out now or you'll have some real trouble.
Nooo, that is too sad :qq:
Also very good, great find Fuego!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh, are we posting videos again?

Because this needs to be in every thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkAYze6ae18

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
I'm looking for blue-collar schlubs in Space. Space truckers, space mercs, sci-fi working stiffs. Not just human either. Alien/insectoid accountants, robotic physicians, uplifted animals office workers, the works. Denizens of a well-traveled, lived-in universe just going about their daily grind.

They can look beaten down, sure, I'll appreciate those too. But I'll also love some enthusiastic types too. Like a gun-nut space merc who's overbuilt his favorite weapon a tad. A space delivery boy who's jamming to his favorite 6th dimensional band dodging asteroids. It's all welcome.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Rochard ( the title character from the game ) stands out as this type.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

blurry! posted:

Space truckers,

SPACE TRUCKERS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

blurry! posted:

I'm looking for blue-collar schlubs in Space. Space truckers, space mercs, sci-fi working stiffs. Not just human either. Alien/insectoid accountants, robotic physicians, uplifted animals office workers, the works. Denizens of a well-traveled, lived-in universe just going about their daily grind.

They can look beaten down, sure, I'll appreciate those too. But I'll also love some enthusiastic types too. Like a gun-nut space merc who's overbuilt his favorite weapon a tad. A space delivery boy who's jamming to his favorite 6th dimensional band dodging asteroids. It's all welcome.

from Obsidian concept artist Brian Menze