Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
Canonically, Tenno are basically a variant of the Infested. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Doji Sekushi posted:

It's the ps4 clan dojo. We live in opulence.

Hey PC clan leaders -

I know that we prefer simplicity over our previous maze of a dojo, but this. must. happen.

Thanks in advance.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Ice Fist posted:

Hey PC clan leaders -

I know that we prefer simplicity over our previous maze of a dojo, but this. must. happen.

Thanks in advance.

Delphi currently has...other... dojo decorating priorities at the moment and he may be preoccupied with some other folks helpfully rearranging his efforts on those priorities

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

Canonically, Tenno are basically a variant of the Infested. :ssh:

So...we're space ninja zombies?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

AzureRequiem posted:

So...we're space ninja zombies?
Void-warped technocyte-mutated space ninjas.

Technocyte doesn't necessarily kill you, but the pain of being turned into metal hosed people up. Being susceptible to the control of technocyte hivemind manifestations probably doesn't help either.

So far, having created the Golems, Warframes, and those dendrite/tree things throughout their ships and towers, it points at the Orokin having more or less mastered the technocyte virus. You know, except for the part where the pinnacle of their technocyte creations turned against them and ended their civilization. Whoops. The current Infestation is essentially a mix of wild-form technocyte mutants and Orokin bioweapons that have gone feral.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

This is 100% false but short of being in the room with you and forcing you to tell me your spread is acceptable and balanced by additional damage per bullet with a straight face there's really nothing we can do. Although with the way your computer/connection is you may be playing a different game entirely so v:smug:v

Why would a worse computer/connection make things better? Wouldn't it just compound the problem?

I'll lend you my hcal if you feel like trying it out.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

The old PC dojo took 30 seconds at most to get to the labs, it was not nearly as bad as people like to make it sound unless every single second you spend not watching exp numbers go up is physically painful for you or something.

When I finish the Marelok and Glaive Prime all I'll have left is the Prova.

Then, I will die.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Delphi currently has...other... dojo decorating priorities at the moment and he may be preoccupied with some other folks helpfully rearranging his efforts on those priorities

No, no. Helter has ultimate control over Dojo decoration. It was only after that I made a floating ceiling tree with trees coming out of the sides of that tree that he approved.

The main issue is that we are concerned about capacity. If we reach our capacity limits, we MUST build another clan hall in order to increase it. However, this moves our spawn location to either the first tile (With the bathroom and trading post) or the new hall. And we can't simply build the biggest most awesome hall either, we have to start from the smallest to the largest. In the effort of keeping things simple, we've opted to stay as small and compact as possible.

However, I'll say this. The capacity for adding a room seems to be completely separate from the capacity a room has to add decorations. In other words: When I go to a node point, I see 15 capacity left to place a new room. If I go to a room like a hallway or the gardens, I see 15 capacity as well. If there is something IN that room (Like the autumn garden) I see reduced capacity. For instance, I see 6 capacity left in the autumn garden, since the trees are 3 each. Moreover, I see 20+ capacity in the main hall, even after the placement of the eight drums (Which should be done soon and unplayable for being on the wall.)

More experimentation needs to be done, the main issue is the fact that it is all ridiculously loving expensive. We're paying what a 700-800 active member clan could easily afford with maybe 100 or so active members.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Can the drums be played at all? I thought I remembered something in some patch notes or other about it.

Edit: answered while I was reading/typing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Someone on ps4 needs to take a picture of the bridge room and share it with our PC brethren.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Denzine posted:

Why would a worse computer/connection make things better? Wouldn't it just compound the problem?

:thejoke:

Denzine posted:

I'll lend you my hcal if you feel like trying it out.

I have one for my Ignis and because I generally stick to doing dumb stuff like making my Ogris as unpredictable as possible.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Denzine posted:

When I finish the Marelok and Glaive Prime all I'll have left is the Prova.

Then, I will die.
I have all of the weapons (aside from the Lato Prime). I don't have them all at rank 30 (fuuuuck lovely melee weapons), but I have them.

DelphiAegis posted:

We're paying what a 700-800 active member clan could easily afford with maybe 100 or so active members.
We have way more active members than that. We just don't have very many contributing members.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

Technocyte doesn't necessarily kill you, but the pain of being turned into metal hosed people up. Being susceptible to the control of technocyte hivemind manifestations probably doesn't help either.

So far, having created the Golems, Warframes, and those dendrite/tree things throughout their ships and towers, it points at the Orokin having more or less mastered the technocyte virus. You know, except for the part where the pinnacle of their technocyte creations turned against them and ended their civilization. Whoops. The current Infestation is essentially a mix of wild-form technocyte mutants and Orokin bioweapons that have gone feral.

Warframe creation involved technocyte, but Tenno are just magical eyeless Void people. Also Dark Sector is no longer canon, maybe.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

I have one for my Ignis and because I generally stick to doing dumb stuff like making my Ogris as unpredictable as possible.

Stick Firestorm on it. Firestorm is the best mod that isn't a direct damage increase.

Ogris with maxed Hcal and Firestorm becomes an area-saturation tool. It's great.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 4, 2014

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

hooah posted:

Can the drums be played at all? I thought I remembered something in some patch notes or other about it.

Edit: answered while I was reading/typing.

Drums and bells can be played. Ps4 clan hall has a drum circle. We also have a bell right next to the trading post so we can furiously ring the bell while people are trading.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Edit: ^^^^ The drums can't be played except the two closest to the koi pond because we placed them on the wall. :v: I'm waiting on them to finish before final placement somewhere.

Helter Skelter posted:

We have way more active members than that. We just don't have very many contributing members.

Isn't that kind of the same? :v:

After a quick bit of testing, I can confirm that we have 15 capacity left to add a new room, and each room has a capacity that is separate from room capacity. The issue came, I think, in that these numbers were the same for most rooms (Even the tenno lab has 15 capacity, and you cannot fit 15 capacity worth of poo poo in there).

Adding a room temporarily reduced the capacity available when looking at a node, but left the capacity on all the room terminals the same.

Also? I love the tree in the water garden. It should totally be rooted in midair, though.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

sleeptalker posted:

Warframe creation involved technocyte, but Tenno are just magical eyeless Void people. Also Dark Sector is no longer canon, maybe.

Dark Sector is canon, it was just never released. They published some other thing with Dark Sector's assets strewn about.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Denzine posted:

Stick Firestorm on it. Firestorm is the best mod that isn't a direct damage increase.

Ogris with maxed Hcal and Firestorm becomes an area-saturation tool. It's great.

It has both. When I'm not playing "how many consecutive seconds can I stay alive" in non-defense missions I'll just run Trinity and facetank everything with Blessing up.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

seiferguy posted:

Someone on ps4 needs to take a picture of the bridge room and share it with our PC brethren.

With the new patch quadrupling hall capacity, bridge room suddenly got a lot bridgier.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Doji Sekushi posted:

With the new patch quadrupling hall capacity, bridge room suddenly got a lot bridgier.

Yellow don't count, though. Bridge room won't be truly bridgy until we actually build all dem bridges.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I would love someone on PS4 to stream (And/or record) a full walkthrough of their dojo, though.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Dark Sector is canon, it was just never released. They published some other thing with Dark Sector's assets strewn about.

I can't tell whether you guys are serious or not anymore but the devs themselves have said that even the initial incarnation of Dark Sector is definitely not canon in the Warframe universe. That said, any "lore" involved with Warframe is a complete shitshow regardless so it's not like it matters. You can tell there is no guiding force behind any of it which is why nothing really makes sense and we're forced to just play space terrorists who care as little about the lore as the DE apparently does.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Our old pc-dojo was terrible. New one is much better, though I feel we should decide between minimalist/functionalist or full on loving dada enter the eye of madness crazy. I'm fine with both.

e: Either way we should probably get some more banners. Preferably on ceilings/walls and/or mid air.

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 4, 2014

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
PS4 Dojo supremacy.

I'll be hopping on to do some Oxium farming later on.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Fish Noise posted:

I like to think the Lotus is one of the sentients or sentient creation because we were last loyal to them. I don't think the lotus can be orokin after we betrayed and killed them all. Leaving the Tenno asleep with a watching AI to keep any offshoots of humanity under control in the ruined solar system after taking out the solar rail sounds like a plan and leaves room for them not to be happy about us expanding/seeing us again and be a new hostile faction.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Thranguy posted:

Yellow don't count, though. Bridge room won't be truly bridgy until we actually build all dem bridges.

I'll get them built eventually, but I'd rather get the rooms we actually use done first.

24 bridges and 3 banners is gonna be rough on the plastids.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

I can't tell whether you guys are serious or not anymore but the devs themselves have said that even the initial incarnation of Dark Sector is definitely not canon in the Warframe universe. That said, any "lore" involved with Warframe is a complete shitshow regardless so it's not like it matters. You can tell there is no guiding force behind any of it which is why nothing really makes sense and we're forced to just play space terrorists who care as little about the lore as the DE apparently does.

I'm obviously joking, but I don't think the lore is a shitshow. Maybe recent space games have lowered the bar that far, but Warframe feels refreshing in its absurdity.

Now, they do absolutely fuckall with the lore, but it's there and it's not the intern-written pulp I was expecting.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Conot posted:

:banjo: Thank you space-ninja-buddy
My in game is Conotbar, not Conot. I'll be around about 19:00 GMT tonight if that suits Ajax, or just let me know when a good time is.

I generally get on around 6-7am GMT. The first day I would be able to make 19:00GMT is Friday.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Kind of, kind of not. The original (2002-2003) pitch for Dark Sector was basically an open-world (open solar system?) single-player version of Warframe, where you played Hayden Tenno, in an Excalibur, and Lotus was your girlfriend/partner/driver. You went around the Solar System killing Grineer and probably Corpus and Infested too.
Here's the original pitch trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr1DCQNyg4
This version of Dark Sector was shopped around to publishers for a while but didn't get any traction. Remember, this was right after Gears of War came out. So they pitched a modern-ish cover shooter and kept as much of the stuff they liked as they could - This became the Dark Sector that actually shipped.
In a way, this ended up being good. By developing Dark Sector and then The Darkness II, DE got a lot more time to advance and improve the Evolution Engine and bring their efforts up to par with larger studios working with existing tech.
Some parts of the original Dark Sector pitch are probably still canon - for example, Hayden Tenno is the first Warframe, the Solar Rails are a big thing, Space Madness exists, and the Grineer are still dicks.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW... all the string tables for Dark Sector (the shipped version) and The Darkness II are still lying around in Warframe's asset files. Why get rid of anything? What's a download size reduction?
And this of course doesn't even count the Bioshock 2 textures that they (probably illegally) have in there that read "I'M FROM BIOSHOCK 2 DON'T USE ME"
In conclusion

SilentW fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 4, 2014

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Benito Hitlerstalin posted:

e: Either way we should probably get some more banners. Preferably on ceilings/walls and/or mid air.
This is how it starts. Someone tries making pretty geometric patterns and an hour later realizes they just put a swastika pattern all over the clan, but the screenshots are already out and then the mods get involved and...

Now, they do absolutely fuckall with the lore, but it's there and it's not the intern-written pulp I was expecting.
You don't know about Grineer TV, do you? There's some funny poo poo in the outdated lore.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fish Noise posted:

This is how it starts. Someone tries making pretty geometric patterns and an hour later realizes they just put a swastika pattern all over the clan, but the screenshots are already out and then the mods get involved and...

You don't know about Grineer TV, do you? There's some funny poo poo in the outdated lore.

I'd love to hear more about the early versions of the lore. It's always neat to see how much things have changed, especially when the older stuff was goofy :allears:

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
The whole question about frames being invented recently seems bizarre. I thought we all got woken up from cryo tubes recently, because the Grineer were digging us up trying to get our fancy technology to kill Corpus for more milk. As a result, we all have no memories aside from what Lotus tells us.

Now, apparently, there's a Tenno Council? Do they have memories? Since when are we organized beyond individual clans each doing their own thing? Why does all our communication still come from Lotus and not from this Council? Are they just some bullshit Lotus made up?

The Council is doing research too? How? Well, with our team of PhD warframe experts that oh whoops there haven't been any of those for like five hundred years and none of us even remember our own names, let alone complex technical stuff. Maybe they're being created by whoever we had build our dojos?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Coldbird posted:

The whole question about frames being invented recently seems bizarre. I thought we all got woken up from cryo tubes recently, because the Grineer were digging us up trying to get our fancy technology to kill Corpus for more milk. As a result, we all have no memories aside from what Lotus tells us.

Now, apparently, there's a Tenno Council? Do they have memories? Since when are we organized beyond individual clans each doing their own thing? Why does all our communication still come from Lotus and not from this Council? Are they just some bullshit Lotus made up?

The Council is doing research too? How? Well, with our team of PhD warframe experts that oh whoops there haven't been any of those for like five hundred years and none of us even remember our own names, let alone complex technical stuff. Maybe they're being created by whoever we had build our dojos?

I think that, outside of Valkyr being experimented on, researching "new" frames are more a matter of rediscovering how to build them then creating new ones. The Tenno Council, besides being a reference to the design council, might have been an Orokin-era group that was in charge of making new frames to fight the Sentients. Dojos seem like they might be reactivated space stations that have a bunch of automated systems that add new rooms and such if you stick enough material inside.

Of course, this is all dumb speculation.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

Coldbird posted:

This and just about everything else is why I find people like whomever said "the lore is awesome it's not that typical haphazard intern stuff!" out of their goddamned minds. To each their own and it's fine that some people enjoy it but it feels to me like they have set out to be as scattershot and contradictory as possible while simultaneously not letting any of it take on any weight beyond codex text or whatever.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Of course, this is all dumb speculation.

The fact that this kind of basic information has to be subject to dumb speculation is a clear indicator to me that "lore" should remain in quotes.

I should add that I don't care and I abandoned any idea of this being an actual game beyond a shoot mans simulator months ago. To be honest I would enjoy the game more if they stopped pretending like their "lore" had any value, meaning, or consistency and just STFU.

Ajax posted:

The stalker is hayden tenno. I refuse to hear otherwise.

^^oh btw Wife Turds, I've got a natural talent for you, dropped from the Gulag 3.

That would be the first thing to actually make sense to me.

And thanks, mang. :glomp:

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 4, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
The stalker is hayden tenno. I refuse to hear otherwise.

^^oh btw Wife Turds, I've got a natural talent for you, dropped from the Gulag 3.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Coldbird posted:

Are they just some bullshit Lotus made up?

Given that Lotus straight up pimps the Tenno out as assassins for her profit, I'm going to go with yes.

P-niiice
May 21, 2001

I have you now.
Hey, can I get an invite to the PS4 clan? My PSN ID is 'P-niiice'. this game is crack and I'm still trying to figure out what the gently caress

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

P-niiice posted:

this game is crack and I'm still trying to figure out what the gently caress

This sums up the newbie experience better than any post I've ever seen.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Ajax posted:

I generally get on around 6-7am GMT. The first day I would be able to make 19:00GMT is Friday.

I'll see about hopping on at ungodly hours of the morning before work tommorow then, but failing that, Friday.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
I should note that I'm reading all of this lore speculation and taking it into account while writing Warframe Academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

AzureRequiem posted:

I should note that I'm reading all of this lore speculation and taking it into account while writing Warframe Academy.

The Tenno wear their Leotards of Shame when they're outside of their frames and steal Grineer and Corpus anime dvds and wallscrolls while armoured Tenno distract them during Survival missions.