Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I support the Punchsport Podcast and definitely recommend it. Keeps me entertained through work and Ten Count just hit 50!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

We're more like the Hugo in the attic.

Gimme some fish heads.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The UFC/WWE question was the stupidest question I've ever asked and thats saying something.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

NienNunb posted:

The UFC/WWE question was the stupidest question I've ever asked and thats saying something.

I'm trying to remember, what was the question Dave asked where Brock busted his balls and told him "THAT'S A STUPID QUESTION"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Aardvark Barber posted:

So, I've recently started getting WAY more into wrestling and didn't really ever think about listening to wrestling podcasts, but I'm an avid giant bomb fan, so I just listened to the latest Powerbombcast and I loved it.

What else should I listen to that is similar to that?

What's all the hubbub around the observer? Is that what I should be listening to? I don't know!

If you want to listen to more of stories from wrestlers and their background check out the Art of Wrestling by Colt Cabana. Stone Cold Steve Austin has a decent podcast out too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Observer site has a free show every week if you want to try out what stuff sounds like, or there's the weekly Wrestling Observer Live show which is a free 2 hour week in review thing with Bryan and Mike Sempervive.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
A couple wrasslecast recommendations:

Live Audio Wrestling: The LAW show on Sundays has been my go to show for a while, and their accompanying podcasts Review a Raw, Review a Wai (reviewing a random show each week), Whats NXT, Review an Impact, and Bauer + Pollock (1 hour week in wrestling business review) are all weekly listening for me. John Pollock's The MMA report is very good as well if you are into that fake poo poo.

Wrestling Soup: Opie and Anthony shock jock type schtick with pro wrestling. Shows are ran very loose and off the cuff. They have their own misfits calling in, most notably Lisa "Miss Destiny", who fits all of the nerdy librarian woman stereotypes and is obsessed with Matt Striker's huge piece. Check it out if you like your comedy with a heavy dose of cringe. They have their own sister show Ron and Fez equivalent in The Don Tony & Kevin Castle show, it's very self referencial and the worst of the two showsusually, but they are at their best when spewing vitriol at TNA.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

njsykora posted:

The Observer site has a free show every week if you want to try out what stuff sounds like, or there's the weekly Wrestling Observer Live show which is a free 2 hour week in review thing with Bryan and Mike Sempervive.

Isn't the live-stream free? I certainly never had to sign in on the TuneIn app when I listened?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't the live-stream free? I certainly never had to sign in on the TuneIn app when I listened?

yeah

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
:regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08:

Devcast Episode 01: This is a thing

Due to the request for an NXT podcast, coincidence, and very little planning, THIS IS THE DEVELOPMENT PODCAST. On this podcast we will talk about such things as NXT, Smackdown, probably Total Divas, and maybe other stuff, who honestly knows? WE DON'T! On this show we reviewed NXT arRival and WWE Monday Night Raw. Blank answered some questions, Slapnuts tried to do chemistry, and I sweared a ton, stuttered overs words, and kept interrupting people because I am such an attention whore. Is it good, it is bad? It's probably okay. Listen and ask questions or whatevs, dogs. It's no like there aren't enough podcasts flying around PSP as is.

Here is the bad version I put together, it is stereo and you do not want to listen to it if you don't want me in your left ear with Blank and Slapnuts in your right.

Oatgan fixed it up for me, this will not happen again.

Players are

Orgia Carnaval aka Sex_Ferguson aka Baalster
BlankGambit
Slapnuts aka Cowboy Bob's Hep C

As always enjoy and please respect Lance Storm, he is a very serious man.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 5, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Did the Pisscast sabotage your stereo mix?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Did the Pisscast sabotage your stereo mix?

This was actually an accident, I had my TV on in the background and no on told me it was coming through until I listened back and noticed it was there. That will not happen again. It does disappear after about 10 minutes or so, but I still feel really bad that happened and will look out for that kind of thing in the future, I know it's very distracting.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 5, 2014

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The background noise is not a big deal. You need to convert the audio to mono. Your voice is all in the left channel and Blank and Slapnuts are right

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

The background noise is not a big deal. You need to convert the audio to mono. Your voice is all in the left channel and Blank and Slapnuts are right

We're always right!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oh yeah that, let me fix that up and put out a new version.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Soon there will be enough podcast for me to start the PSP Podcast Podcast where I review all the other podcasts.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i fixed the audio for you

http://tindeck.com/listen/dhdy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Poetry

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

here's the real thing though

http://tindeck.com/listen/nwym

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

THE 10 COUNT EPISODE 50
Conversations like a puzzle that needs to be pieced together.

Thanks for answering the question and for more NJPW talk. As a followup question since at least three of you plan on attending the show, what matches would you guys like to see on the joint ROH/NJPW card?

Oh, and while it's been funny hearing people talk about my avatar I guess I should point out the three legged symbol is called a triskelion. The flag one of you guys was thinking of is the Isle of Man's, athough Sicily also has a rather different triskelion flag. It's actually not based on anything aside from being inspired by the IOM flag, just something I first used years ago for a game called Nationstates because I thought the IOM flag looked cool.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRSGjQ9ejPk

No word on where Blade Butch Masters was at the time.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Thauros posted:

Thanks for answering the question and for more NJPW talk. As a followup question since at least three of you plan on attending the show, what matches would you guys like to see on the joint ROH/NJPW card?

Oh, and while it's been funny hearing people talk about my avatar I guess I should point out the three legged symbol is called a triskelion. The flag one of you guys was thinking of is the Isle of Man's, athough Sicily also has a rather different triskelion flag. It's actually not based on anything aside from being inspired by the IOM flag, just something I first used years ago for a game called Nationstates because I thought the IOM flag looked cool.

Leg swastika.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
Just listened to Austin's podcast with Lillian Garcia.... it's good but Austin sure does love flirting with his female guests.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Frilled Lizard posted:

Just listened to Austin's podcast with Lillian Garcia.... it's good but Austin sure does love flirting with his female guests.

If flirting is the worst thing he does, he's a changed man indeed.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Orgia Carnaval posted:

:regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08::regd08:

Devcast Episode 01: This is a thing

Due to the request for an NXT podcast, coincidence, and very little planning, THIS IS THE DEVELOPMENT PODCAST. On this podcast we will talk about such things as NXT, Smackdown, probably Total Divas, and maybe other stuff, who honestly knows? WE DON'T! On this show we reviewed NXT arRival and WWE Monday Night Raw. Blank answered some questions, Slapnuts tried to do chemistry, and I sweared a ton, stuttered overs words, and kept interrupting people because I am such an attention whore. Is it good, it is bad? It's probably okay. Listen and ask questions or whatevs, dogs. It's no like there aren't enough podcasts flying around PSP as is.

Here is the bad version I put together, it is stereo and you do not want to listen to it if you don't want me in your left ear with Blank and Slapnuts in your right.

Oatgan fixed it up for me, this will not happen again.

Players are

Orgia Carnaval aka Sex_Ferguson aka Baalster
BlankGambit
Slapnuts aka Cowboy Bob's Hep C

As always enjoy and please respect Lance Storm, he is a very serious man.

Goddamn, are we going to get a podcast exclusively for Smackdown too? :regd08: downloading now, can't wait to listen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm not subscribing to any more PSPcasts until Superstars gets its due. :colbert:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

I'm not subscribing to any more PSPcasts until Superstars gets its due. :colbert:

Uh, there's already the Main Event Superstars podcast.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I Before E posted:

Uh, there's already the Main Event Superstars podcast.

It's very well done.

Hell between all the great SA podcasts I might stop watching wrestling and enjoy people describing it instead

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
Never quite understood what people meant about boxing being corrupt til listening to today's Ross Report. Finding out Ali was throwing worked punches was..intriguing.

harley
Sep 2, 2004
I would prefer a Craig and Vinny show and get rid of Alvarez. Bryan is so obnoxious when he's not paired with Meltzer.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

harley posted:

I would prefer a Craig and Vinny show and get rid of Alvarez. Bryan is so obnoxious when he's not paired with Meltzer.

We could trade, and Ed could get Bryan! :haw:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

an Ed and Bryan podcast would probably be hilarious in all honesty

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The correct answer is Missy Hyatt on every show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This Network is really hurting the classic wrestling content on the Dragon King Karl Classic Wrestling Audio Show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Looks like today was the best Todd show on record.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRafTer posted:

Looks like today was the best Todd show on record.

So it'll only make me want to rip a quarter of my hair out?

E: Aahahahaha I've just seen the show description.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 6, 2014

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Question for the pisscast/punchcast/lividliquidcast/whoever else has a podcast here:

If you were a wrestler what would be your signature taunt?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 29: Pod Cast Rising

This week we talk Raw, New Blood Rising, NXT arRIVAL, and holy poo poo we talked about New Blood Rising for a long time. It was a very low-key show this week. Manflurry was sick and couldn't bring the e-lit-tricity he normally does.

We are joined by a man with dual citizenship in Canada and Pissant Nation, Perry Normal! He has both opinions, and audio issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6qv3obgz3fhsh76/029+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

So while listening to the alliteration game this week I decided to be a huge nerd and track it. Please correct me where I'm wrong as I'm missing one, one I guessed on as the guys didn't say which Wrestlemania it was, and I'm confused on two because it wasn't clear if they were a Wrestlemania being referred to or had referred to another show.

Edit: later in the show, Karmine found the one he missed, therefore I have corrected and fixed the list to be accurate.

1. XXII - M
2. XXX - B
3. II - T
4. XX - M
5. VII - S
6. VI - H
7. XXVI - D
8. XIV - R
9. XXIV - P
10. XV - B
11. IX - V & B
12. XVII - R
13. IV - T
14. XXI - B
15. XXVII - M
16. X - B
17. XIX - L
18. I - P
19. XXIX - P
20. XXVIII - S
21. XVIII - H
22. XXIII - M
23. XII - B
24. VIII - C
25. XXV - H
26. III - M/B
27. XI - C
28. V - T
29. XVI - M
30. XXVII - P

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Why?

Karmine fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 7, 2014

• Locked thread