Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unless they're in the Winter Soldier post-credits scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

theflyingorc posted:

I hate that the rights are all chopped up like they are. C'mon, everybody! Just let Marvel drive the whole overarching thing and let Spider-man hang out with Wolverine who is hanging out with Thor. :(

Marvel really should have worded those contracts better back in the late 90s. Karmic justice?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Lurdiak posted:

Marvel really should have worded those contracts better back in the late 90s. Karmic justice?

Tangentially related to this, does anyone know what the current status is of Marvel's on-again off-again partnership with Capcom? I'm guessing "off-again" but I never managed to find anything conclusive.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aphrodite posted:

Unless they're in the Winter Soldier post-credits scene.

:allears: That would be a great gently caress you, since DoFP didn't add in those characters until after Marvel announced they would be in Avengers 2

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

theflyingorc posted:

I hate that the rights are all chopped up like they are. C'mon, everybody! Just let Marvel drive the whole overarching thing and let Spider-man hang out with Wolverine who is hanging out with Thor. :(

It's Peter, Bruce and Tony talkng science while Wolverine and Clint are going "wtf are they talking about?" while drinking beer and Scott and Steve are making plans. Jean and Widow are off doing their hair or something because this is 60s marvel and its dim vision of women.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Waterhaul posted:

Here's Quicksilver with his sister in DoFP.

As you can see I'm sure it's just for a scene but technically the characters will feature in an X-Men film first.

That little girl seems familiar - is she one of the actresses who plays Louis CK's daughters on Louie?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Sarchasm posted:

Tangentially related to this, does anyone know what the current status is of Marvel's on-again off-again partnership with Capcom? I'm guessing "off-again" but I never managed to find anything conclusive.

They just de-listed MvC3 and all its DLC from Xbox Live and PSN, so it is most definitely "off".

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

404GoonNotFound posted:

They just de-listed MvC3 and all its DLC from Xbox Live and PSN, so it is most definitely "off".

Glad I got the ultimate version.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
New TV Spot for Winter Soldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_6NsYIipA
Man I can't wait for April 4th now.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I still think Spider-Man 3 could have been potentially salvaged a bit more if it turned out they pulled the comic book move of Norman faking his death.

Near the end of the film, Norman appears, huge scar in chest, doing an info dump on how he's been quietly manipulating Harry for the last few years, guiding his stupid weak rear end from the shadows, prepping a Goblin lair for him, etc.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

JediTalentAgent posted:

I still think Spider-Man 3 could have been potentially salvaged a bit more if it turned out they pulled the comic book move of Norman faking his death.

Near the end of the film, Norman appears, huge scar in chest, doing an info dump on how he's been quietly manipulating Harry for the last few years, guiding his stupid weak rear end from the shadows, prepping a Goblin lair for him, etc.

So use the clone saga ending?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Sort of. I really didn't mind the return of Norman Osborn because it at least gave the MU a 'Modern Age Lex Luthor' type villain figure. Kingpin and Dr. Doom never really were those.

Even if it was going to be the last film in the series, it could have given Harry a bit more emotional punch that he'd see first hand that his father was a bit of a manipulative monster that wasn't even above using his own son.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

JediTalentAgent posted:

It might be stupid, but it definitely sounds more fun than what we got.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

achillesforever6 posted:

New TV Spot for Winter Soldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k_6NsYIipA
Man I can't wait for April 4th now.

Ugh.

I need to submit my dissertation proposal that day. :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

Ugh.

I need to submit my dissertation proposal that day. :(

Word on the street is that it's probably going to be in theaters longer than one day.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dexo posted:

:allears: That would be a great gently caress you, since DoFP didn't add in those characters until after Marvel announced they would be in Avengers 2

It even kind of makes sense, since they joined the Avengers right when Cap took over as the team leader.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Avengers 2 better have the Avengers all be called "Cap's Kooky Quartet."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Word on the street is that it's probably going to be in theaters longer than one day.

Yeah, Marvel really is changing the whole movie viewing experience now.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

That little girl seems familiar - is she one of the actresses who plays Louis CK's daughters on Louie?

Wait, those aren't his real daughters?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Ignite Memories posted:

Nope, just child actresses. Amy Poehler isn't his sister either.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh man, I haven't seen the episode with Amy Poehler!

Looks like I've got some more Louie to watch.

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Ignite Memories posted:

One of the girls even changes actresses at one point!

I really wanted to like the first Cap film and damned if I'm not excited again about Cap 2, I just hope the drat thing pays off. Thor 2 gave me a ton of hope for Marvel films in general as I thought the first Thor was lackluster and I loved the sequel. Just keep that poo poo coming please and I am a guaranteed theater seat for any time a new movie comes out.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

notthegoatseguy posted:

This is just what Fox and Sony will have to do since so many movie rights either were retained by Marvel or reverted to Marvel. But fortunately for them, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men come with a huge fuckton of characters that they can use and you can come at it from many different angles. Spider-Man alone comes with the Daily Bugle and most of its characters besides Ben Urich, a ton of criminal kingpins and crimelords, henchmen, assassins, mad scientists, genetically altered freaks, tech and scientists geeks, and even a handful of magic based characters. And honestly, that's nothing compared to the X-Men where dozens of characters have, at some point in time, led teams or sub-teams or societies and could easily pull off a movie as a central figure.

I want a big budget Prowler movie. Or Cardiac.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
With the various shorts that Marvel has done over the last year or so being sort of light and fun, I'm really hoping by the time Cap 2 comes out on video they do a short Damage Control corporate video featuring just a cameo or two.

Too bad Jerry Orbach is dead: Perfect Lenny. Maybe Bruce Campbell, instead?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Dacap posted:

Nope, just child actresses. Amy Poehler isn't his sister either.

Or the other actress who plays his sister.

Or the one who plays his brother, or the multiple wives and mothers, or the fact that the structure of his family keeps changing to suit the particular episode.

edit: As far as I can tell from IMDB, it isn't the same child actress, she just looked similar to me. Oh well.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

boom boom boom posted:

I want a big budget Prowler movie. Or Cardiac.

Time to finally bring Round Robin - The Sidekick's Revenge storyline to theaters.

Spider-Man, Punisher, Night Thrasher, Moon Knight, LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

(I can't believe I remember that storyline and it's been 20 years.

And I'm not googling to find out that it was around issue #358 because if that's true than I've got a problem)

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Medullah posted:

Time to finally bring Round Robin - The Sidekick's Revenge storyline to theaters.

Spider-Man, Punisher, Night Thrasher, Moon Knight, LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

(I can't believe I remember that storyline and it's been 20 years.

And I'm not googling to find out that it was around issue #358 because if that's true than I've got a problem)

Problem officially noted. 358 was part six of that storyline.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
A three-minute clip from the beginning of The Winter Soldier is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YujCYFvP1V8

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Winter Solider just keeps looking better and better.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
New Sin City 2 trailer out.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I like Sin City, but man do I not care about a sequel. I don't think it looks good!

ufarn
May 30, 2009

SaintFu posted:

A three-minute clip from the beginning of The Winter Soldier is out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YujCYFvP1V8
Fight cinematography looks awful, though. And that butt shot, bleh.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Madkal posted:

New Sin City 2 trailer out.

I'll probably see it eventually, or wait for some ratings. But is it just me, or do all the characters have an uncanny valley effect going on? I'm not sure why it's doing that to me, considering I liked the original one's style well enough.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ufarn posted:

Fight cinematography looks awful, though. And that butt shot, bleh.

The cut when he kicks the guy away is really weird.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
I really like the shield throwing. :swoon:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

i like tacos posted:

I really like the shield throwing. :swoon:

I liked how they modified Cap's costume when sending him on SHIELD ops. In the comics, when he's doing covert ops stuff, it looks really weird with the blue and red spandex.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

I liked how they modified Cap's costume when sending him on SHIELD ops. In the comics, when he's doing covert ops stuff, it looks really weird with the blue and red spandex.

Isn't just his Secret Avengers costume?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

greatn posted:

I love that Harry festers and goes insane for years because of Spider-Man killing his father, and then his butler is like "But Harry, he died by his own hand. I've known all along because he told me. I never told you because I guess this never came up before or I didn't think that was an important bit of information?"

The novelization, which I'm sure was based on the full version of the movie before they cut out like a half hour, made it seem like the butler was more than likely a figment of Harry's imagination at times, much like his father showing up to yell at him. That made that scene far more acceptable in my eyes.

The book really made the movie look a lot better than what we got.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Didn't the book version of Spider-man 2 make Otto less about "evil arms" and more about blaming Spider-man for the experiment failing and his wife's death?

I always thought it was really weird how he just completely forgot about her once she died in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gavok posted:

The novelization, which I'm sure was based on the full version of the movie before they cut out like a half hour, made it seem like the butler was more than likely a figment of Harry's imagination at times, much like his father showing up to yell at him. That made that scene far more acceptable in my eyes.

The book really made the movie look a lot better than what we got.

The one scene from the book that I wish made it into the movie was the bit where Sandman becomes this super baroque castle in the park for his daughter. Well, that and what I hope was the oddest out of left field What If reference.

• Locked thread