Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

They did, in at least one episode (Sam and Dean get back into one of their many old schools, cue flashbacks). Don't remember, but Bobby might have done it too.

He did; he possessed a motel maid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta
Seeing Momma Tran find out that Kevin died just reminded me that Cas probably still doesn't know that Meg died. :(

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
They also mentioned ghost possession as a thing a few episodes ago at the foster home place.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
New Episode Tonight: Thinman

The last photograph of a dead teenager reveals a ghostly figure in the background.

I'm hoping we're getting Supernatural's take on Slenderman.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Too bad it is a Ghostfacers episode.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

Oasx posted:

You shut your whore mouth.

e: I'm sorry. You know how I feel about ghostfacers. I don't mean to be like this. It'll all be OK!

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Oasx posted:

Hey, cool. I thought I was the only one who didn't really enjoy Ghostfacers. At all. I didn't get all the hubbub about their coming back.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Oasx posted:

Whats wrong with you?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I guess I can expect to have the Ghostfacers theme song stuck in my head for the next few days. drat it.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

DirtyRobot posted:

Hey, cool. I thought I was the only one who didn't really enjoy Ghostfacers. At all. I didn't get all the hubbub about their coming back.

:hfive:
Ghostfacers suck.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I like Ghostfacer episodes because they're fun. Plus, the Ghostfacers are very sparsely used so I haven't got the chance to get sick of them yet.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

seravid posted:

:hfive:
Ghostfacers suck.

Your MOTHER!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hypocrisy posted:

I like Ghostfacer episodes because they're fun. Plus, the Ghostfacers are very sparsely used so I haven't got the chance to get sick of them yet.

I'm 50/50 on the Ghostfacers, but they're pretty good at keeping the show fun. Plus, they've been in like 5 episodes or something, right?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The short with the Ghostfacers meeting Castiel for the first time was pretty hilarious--the rest sort of falls flat for me.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
It IS Slendie!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
This episode feels a lot like the previous Ghostfacers episode with the "haunted" shack.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wow, I didn't know Slenderman was so famous

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Oh they did directly reference the Tibetan entity, okay.

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Haha holy poo poo, one of the Ghostfacers is Dewey's crazy cousin in Justified.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

OptimusWang posted:

Wow, I didn't even recognize him. He is much less frightening here. Hopefully I get to see Raylan kill him immediately after this.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Whoa. Scooby Doo ending.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CannedMacabre posted:

Whoa. Scooby Doo ending.

This show does them so sparingly, it's actually refreshing.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Writer Cath posted:

This show does them so sparingly, it's actually refreshing.

Yeah, the only other ones was the feral girl and her brother in the 'haunted' house and the redneck cannibals.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha the Ghostfacer guys having the Sam and Dean fight.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

First Bass posted:

The short with the Ghostfacers meeting Castiel for the first time was pretty hilarious--the rest sort of falls flat for me.

Whoa where is that short from?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At4HgxwAfzQ

Here, I think.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
That's a fun short. And I didn't mind this episode, it seemed to give some semblance of closure to the Ghostfacers.

I hope.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
On the one hand, that was some hamfisted storytelling. HERE'S AN ANALOG FOR YOUR RELATIONSHIP. R U LISTNEN

On the other, I got a few good laughs, and Sam looked less alien than he has lately!

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
It was very heavy handed but I enjoyed it a lot. I would rank it as a top season 9 episode (at least so far).

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I am with the crowd that disliked the GhostFacers other than that Castiel short pretty much.

Also Dean pretty much killed that guy cold blooded. There were no supernatural excuses and he was already under control. God drat :ohdear:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Meh, that was probably the worst Supernatural episode in quite a few years.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Sam and Dean need to see a doctor, they got knocked out by tasers, nobody gets knocked out by tasers.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

OptimusWang posted:

That blows my mind. Holy poo poo.

I liked this episode a lot. At first I thought it would be even better if the Thinman ended up being real, and "saved" Sam, Dean, and the Ghostfacers, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I like how they leave and then what, the town has no cops?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Yaos posted:

Sam and Dean need to see a doctor, they got knocked out by tasers, nobody gets knocked out by tasers.

With all the head injuries Sam has suffered this season, a light breeze could give him a concussion.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

GreenNight posted:

I like how they leave and then what, the town has no cops?

Well when they got there the towns only cop was helping an active serial killer for shits and giggles, so no cops still an improvement I'd say.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Didn't like it because I felt it was a waste of a potentially very funny ghostfacers + slenderman episode. They just aren't as funny without the camera crew, for some reason.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The preview for next week looks totally awesome though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
You gotta go be gay for that poor dead intern! is what sold me on the 'facers.

That being said, holy poo poo bro angst.

Still, fun episode.

Can't wait for next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
I loved Ed the actor did great.

So I know it was suppose to be an analog for the brothers, but did any one else see that they dressed them the same? Unless three layers of clothes including a hoody is some kind of fashion thing.

• Locked thread