Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

pugnax posted:

I'm glad that you have a grasp of ~the narrative~ but I'm talking about the hypothetical war that would have begun in the days immediately after Asakai, not deep into the summer of 2013 after the brain drain had occurred. And don't totally knock TEST's diplomacy - the HBC was a testament to diplomatic work. It was just never intended to be maintained.

If the culture and the leadership are toxic, a sov war isn't going to do anything but speed up the process of grinding down anyone who doesn't want to put up with the bullshit. In the extremely unlikely scenario that TEST made huge gains for months in such a hypothetical war, then sure, maybe it wouldn't have happened immediately.

It doesn't really take 'diplomatic work' to create an alliance of convenience between all of the "grr goons" of nullsec and PL. Real diplomatic work would have been convincing PL to join a probably-unwinnable war against the CFC, or, you know, keeping the coalition together through even the tiniest bit of leadership drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
edit: Wasn't trying to call anyone out. :)

BAD AT STUFF fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 5, 2014

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

pugnax posted:

I'm glad that your crystal ball is in such excellent condition. I'd say there's no way of knowing how things would have shook out, and that the CFC might have been significantly damaged if not for Shadoo's intervention. Regardless, TEST needed to lose it's empire, I just would have rather seen that happen as an unexpected multi-region sov drop and land grab.

People that fall apart when there's plenty of skirmish fun to be had but no real poo poo tastic grindy sov war going on, tend to fall apart even faster when there is real pressure on. TEST only had one ally that stuck through hard times and that was Tribe.

EDIT:

mikey posted:

It doesn't really take 'diplomatic work' to create an alliance of convenience between all of the "grr goons" of nullsec and PL. Real diplomatic work would have been convincing PL to join a probably-unwinnable war against the CFC, or, you know, keeping the coalition together through even the tiniest bit of leadership drama.

Even if they joined in PL would have hosed off the minute the very first CFC upset victory occurred to plan the alliance tournament in however many months.

And :laffo: at the brain drain being after the whole HBC collapse. Most of TESTS smart directors and military leaders had peaced out well before or had simply stopped logging in.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 5, 2014

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

PerrineClostermann posted:

If it's any comfort to you, GBS has a lot of SJWs in it these days.

Right Vyst?

Yea but it's hard to sniff out the non ironic ones to troll because it's 99% poo poo posts.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vyst posted:

Yea but it's hard to sniff out the non ironic ones to troll because it's 99% poo poo posts.

Goonfleet.com is very rooted in the ancient culture of FYAD.

And some days BYOB.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

endlosnull posted:

There are also some terms that feel embarrassing like helicopter-dicking and rapecage. They feel like 1 step away from being a dumb meme if they weren't already. It's not even a sensitivity thing, they just sound real dumb. I cannot imagine being in comms with TEST, that would feel like being stuck in a bus full of highschool kids.

Nah it's fine.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Rhymenoserous posted:

Goonfleet.com is very rooted in the ancient culture of FYAD.

And some days BYOB.

And helldump.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

koreban posted:

And helldump.

I fuckin love callout threads so much. The BFM thread is my 4 touchdowns in a single highschool championship game that I will always look back upon wistfully.

Cerebral Wolf
Jun 20, 2008
Elite pee vee pee indeed PL.

Dropping a Panther on my Thrasher. :smith:

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

deadtear posted:

I fuckin love callout threads so much. The BFM thread is my 4 touchdowns in a single highschool championship game that I will always look back upon wistfully.

God, I need to find that thread and read it again.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Decided to try out hisec for a bit, is this fit ok for missions?

[Raven Navy Issue, Cya Noob]
Thon's Modified Ballistic Control System

Ahremen's Modified Cap Recharger
Chelm's Modified Cap Recharger
Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Pithum A-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field

Thon's Modified Cruise Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Cruise Missile
Tobias' Modified Cruise Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Cruise Missile
Vepas' Modified Cruise Missile Launcher, Caldari Navy Mjolnir Cruise Missile

Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Processor Overclocking Unit I

'Augmented' Hobgoblin x8
Hobgoblin II x12

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

deadtear posted:

Is it still accessible? I want to see your mullet (and read of your exploits while you were in your prime).

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

goodness posted:

make sure you're carrying at least 9 PLEX in your cargo hold at all times

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

goodness posted:

'Augmented' Hobgoblin x8
Hobgoblin II x12

Yeah, it looks about right; just be sure to tell me where and when you often mission.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

goodness posted:

Are you sure that's cap stable? You don't want your 1000dps tank to run dry during a mission. Better throw in another cap recharger just to be sure.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Kheldragar posted:

Yeah, it looks about right; just be sure to tell me where and when you often mission.

https://zkillboard.com/detail/37258120/

Dodixie.

mikey posted:

Are you sure that's cap stable? You don't want your 1000dps tank to run dry during a mission. Better throw in another cap recharger just to be sure.

Cap stable at 42% and 7000 alpha.

goodness fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Mar 5, 2014

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

This is real. :psypop:

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Kheldragar posted:

get on jabber fool.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Kheldragar posted:

quote:

[–]angry-mustache 31 points 3 hours ago*

I got an interview, and this ALOD is going to be special.

just wait for it.

UPDATE : THIS JUST GOT MUCH BETTER

Where is it you son of a gun

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

goodness posted:

'Augmented' Hobgoblin x8
Hobgoblin II x12

To be fair, that guy came a long way from the hideous abomination he lost before. Now if he can learn to not to paint a huge target on his back, he may still be...

gently caress, I can't even finish that sentence. This is just sad.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

padijun posted:

Where is it you son of a gun

ALODs are always my favourite article to read on The Mittani; I can't wait for this one.

e: For extra shits and giggles, wouldn't it be nice if the people selling the officer gear were also the ones with lots of gank ships outside the station they were selling them? Notice a 4B increase in your wallet? Get the tornados; repost officer gear that dropped. :black101:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Kheldragar posted:

ALODs are always my favourite article to read on The Mittani; I can't wait for this one.

e: For extra shits and giggles, wouldn't it be nice if the people selling the officer gear were also the ones with lots of gank ships outside the station they were selling them? Notice a 4B increase in your wallet? Get the tornados; repost officer gear that dropped. :black101:

In some aspects, officer gear is a lot like a lost, ancient treasure: It's worth a lot of money, it has some weird, hidden power like shooting missiles slightly faster and it is cursed. Everyone who fits officer gear must face the Curse of the Ganker and perish.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Anyone got the Joffrey gif "And I said o7 lemmings am I right?". No talk of the cultural revolution should be had without that first shot across the bow.

I am not entirely sure why I have these, but I apparently do.

Neobdragon
Jun 30, 2013
Someone in gs_scams contacted the Officer Raven guy and recruited him into goonfleet, he bought an identical raven and loaded it with ammo and 9 plexes.

Upon further inspection of his API, it was determined he was a spy and these assets were with-held pending further investigation.

On a side note, I hear one of our recruitment officers is on the market for a capital alt.

http://evepraisal.com/e/1728491

Neobdragon fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 5, 2014

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Neobdragon posted:

Someone in gs_scams contacted the Officer Raven guy and recruited him into goonfleet, he bought an identical raven and loaded it with ammo and 9 plexes.

Upon further inspection of his API, it was determined he was a spy and these assets were with-held pending further investigation.

On a side note, I hear one of our recruitment officers is on the market for a capital alt.

I can't breathe

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Neobdragon posted:

How the gently caress is that guy so space-rich?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Jesus Christ I'm speechless.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Can someone please explain what I'm looking at here.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

uwaeve posted:

Is it still accessible? I want to see your mullet (and read of your exploits while you were in your prime).

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/152933-ban-bfm-ban-dbrb/

It reads a little weird because solo deleted all of bfms posts, which means you dont get to see all 3 of the "emails from her dad" he presented as evidence.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

The Leper Colon V posted:

Can someone please explain what I'm looking at here.

What happens when someone runs high sec missions for years and can't figure out what else to spend their money on.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Coolwhoami posted:

What happens when someone runs high sec missions for years and can't figure out what else to spend their money on.

I'll let the scammin' man himself tell the whole story, but here's the kicker: the scammed character is two months old.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Red Crown posted:

two months old.

He said it was his last day if he was scammed as well.

goodness fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 5, 2014

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Red Crown posted:

I'll let the scammin' man himself tell the whole story, but here's the kicker: the scammed character is two months old.

~150 PLEX :stare:

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

We need a mole inside CCP to leak us a copy of the email he surely sent to the "300 or more" address.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Red Crown posted:

“Hopefully” (and I'm being very cautious in using that word) he's only spent too much cash on PLEX. But if I were the ones who ended up with any of that stuff, I'd probably contact the GMs to give it a once-over so it's not all RMT tainted and ends up flagging the account.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Red Crown posted:

two months

I guess somebody saw the headlines after B-R about $300,000 spaceships lost and thought this was how you play eve?

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

In other news, the Emir of Dubai has declared war on Iceland, mumbling something about spaceships.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Klyith posted:

I guess somebody saw the headlines after B-R about $300,000 spaceships lost and thought this was how you play eve?

Coming from World of Warcraft, gear makes you a better character. So obviously Purples (officer) are good in this game too. It makes sense.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

deadtear posted:

It reads a little weird because solo deleted all of bfms posts, which means you dont get to see all 3 of the "emails from her dad" he presented as evidence.

The creepiest part of that situation is how ok the dad was and was basically pimping his daughter out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

deadtear posted:

Oh god the viola chair.

• Locked thread