Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I just picked up a Fired Up from a T2 survival. Is this thing worth anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

This and just about everything else is why I find people like whomever said "the lore is awesome it's not that typical haphazard intern stuff!" out of their goddamned minds. To each their own and it's fine that some people enjoy it but it feels to me like they have set out to be as scattershot and contradictory as possible while simultaneously not letting any of it take on any weight beyond codex text or whatever.

I guess I'm a sucker for "lore" that has large chunks of :iiam: in it, whether on purpose or by accident.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

hooah posted:

I just picked up a Fired Up from a T2 survival. Is this thing worth anything?

Good to slot on Dethcube/Deth Machine Rifle, from what's been said.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Tenno wear their Leotards of Shame when they're outside of their frames and steal Grineer and Corpus anime dvds and wallscrolls while armoured Tenno distract them during Survival missions.

Done. Maybe not the anime DVDs and wallscrolls, but I can promise you the rest of that will be a chapter!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
I think they explicitly said Stalker isn't Hayden Tenno in one stream because the forums and chat wouldn't shut up about it.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'd love to hear more about the early versions of the lore. It's always neat to see how much things have changed, especially when the older stuff was goofy :allears:
Grineer media had a charity event which was a front for child labor munitions assembly. It became a runaway success when the Grineer lady running the show had a malfunction in the tear ducts of her eye implants halfway through. There were also Tenno children at that stage. Let's be honest, I really just want a Skoom channel that's nothing but SKOOOOOOM 24/7. We could put it on jumbotrons all over the clan dojo.
There were various civilians, colonists, clans, etc. doing their own thing - mining, scavenging, research, stumbling upon Orokin tombs and running the gently caress away.
Grineer were an Earth-based scavenger clan that nobody took seriously until suddenly cloning. When they took a ship, anyone killed fighting back would be collected for clone stock. Noncombatants and anyone who survived or surrendered got the airlock, except for one survivor who get sent out as a witness/warning.
Vor was a fat lady cannibal.
Ruk was originally a miner with a tongue deformity that made him nearly incomprehensible (some parts made it through, as you can see). He was also so dumb that he was denied reproductive rights. Rumor had it he found an Orokin artifact that compelled everyone to follow him, which is how he suddenly went from miner to general.
Corpus were running Grineer cloning operations at some point, and a sabotage mission was to disrupt Grineer attempts at setting up their own operation.
Corpus liked to use credit chips as dermal implants as an indicator of wealth. These same credit chips are also toxic, but they keep doing it out of tradition. One sabotage mission was to take down a Corpus research lab that was working on developing a credit chip that doesn't SLOWLY KILL YOU WHEN YOU STICK IT IN YOUR SKIN.

I think it was Emy who dug up the text originally, and we were falling over it on IRC.

Shugojin posted:

God that's all so dumb that I wish it was canon.
I know exactly how you feel. Grineer TV!

AzureRequiem posted:

I should note that I'm reading all of this lore speculation and taking it into account while writing Warframe Academy.
Does this make this post the toxic credit chip to your Alad V?

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 4, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

God that's all so dumb that I wish it was canon.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Fish Noise posted:

I think they explicitly said Stalker isn't Hayden Tenno in one stream because the forums and chat wouldn't shut up about it.
Yep. It was confirmed in a livestream. The Stalker is, as best we can figure out, not a Warframe per se, but some kind of Orokin royal-guard-type-guy who is pissed off at the Tenno murdering all the Orokin at the end of the war with the Sentients (probably strong AI) way back before they got frozen into stasis.

Edit: And all the 'old lore' stuff is still in the string tables. Just go looking for it in your Warframe data directory.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
One can only assume that the Tenno froze themselves because they were running out of things to kill, Reaper style; not that they need to absorb lifeforce to survive or anything, they just really like killing stuff.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

SilentW posted:

The Stalker is some kind of Orokin royal-guard-type-guy who is pissed off at the Tenno murdering all the Orokin

and also upset with you killing certain bosses because who gives a gently caress, right? :de: :slick:

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
Space terrorism is the best premise a game could ever hope to have.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

and also upset with you killing certain bosses because who gives a gently caress, right? :de: :slick:

All I've ever seen him mad about is me killing Phorid. It must have been his giant mutant dog or something.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
As I said, I refuse to hear that Hayden is not the stalker. DE stating that he is not means nothing because the last 2 pages have confirmed they know jack poo poo about their own lore. It is irrelevant anyway, as everyone knows all future lore should be built around Darvo and his tightly wound family.

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
Crowd-sourced space folklore. :allears:

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Fish Noise posted:

Corpus liked to use credit chips as dermal implants as an indicator of wealth. These same credit chips are also toxic, but they keep doing it out of tradition. One sabotage mission was to take down a Corpus research lab that was working on developing a credit chip that doesn't SLOWLY KILL YOU WHEN YOU STICK IT IN YOUR SKIN.

Come on, if you don't think this is a rad bit of flavour then you hate fun. It's way more interesting than 'DISRUPT THEIR MINING OPERATIONS TENNO'.

Warframe is a ridiculous game with lore that makes no sense, they should embrace it.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Enter Char posted:

All I've ever seen him mad about is me killing Phorid. It must have been his giant mutant dog or something.

I got hit by him yesterday for killing Ruk. I haven't killed ANY boss, much less Ruk, in months. Apparently he's getting behind on his revenge agenda.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

hooah posted:

I got hit by him yesterday for killing Ruk. I haven't killed ANY boss, much less Ruk, in months. Apparently he's getting behind on his revenge agenda.

Yeah he waits quite a while on these things. It's like he's aware there's a bunch of crazies just waiting to unload overpowered guns into him.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Thranguy posted:

Yellow don't count, though. Bridge room won't be truly bridgy until we actually build all dem bridges.
That room is a memorial to the bridge disaster. It all being yellow is the point.

DelphiAegis posted:

I would love someone on PS4 to stream (And/or record) a full walkthrough of their dojo, though.
Gimme some time to wake up and I'll do one. Not sure how to get voice into it though due to how the PS4 does things.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I'd actually love if there was a statistic for The Stalker's successful assassination attempts.

I've seen some pretty well organized groups fail at protecting the target.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Yeah he waits quite a while on these things. It's like he's aware there's a bunch of crazies just waiting to unload overpowered guns into him.

I still think he should send you an email like Alad V/Grustrag Three do. It's very rude of him not to call ahead.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I still think he should send you an email like Alad V/Grustrag Three do. It's very rude of him not to call ahead.

He does, it's just "your actions have consequences" or something like that.

nacon
May 7, 2005

I just hope that Tenno Space High School gets incorporated into the lore. Sabotage love triangle missions anybody?

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Kaldaris posted:

I'd actually love if there was a statistic for The Stalker's successful assassination attempts.

I've seen some pretty well organized groups fail at protecting the target.

I'm curious how that statistic would be accurately counted since 80% of my Stalker kills have come after the target is dead and the Stalker is trying to leave.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've gotten a love letter from him though? I think you need to kill a boss or something maybe? I was helping my friend run Lephantis a bit before it showed up. I was under the impression that boss killing wasn't actually the trigger for a while, but maybe it's changed again.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Here's the Dojo tour. I couldn't get voice to work. Pretty much anything not shown was reactor/barracks/etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afk_yaOAxL0

Might still be processing. Not sure.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

:siren::frogsiren::ducksiren: Vauban Systems - Sorath (Europa) 40 minutes remaining :ducksiren::frogsiren::siren:

(not sorry)

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

occluded posted:

Come on, if you don't think this is a rad bit of flavour then you hate fun. It's way more interesting than 'DISRUPT THEIR MINING OPERATIONS TENNO'.

Warframe is a ridiculous game with lore that makes no sense, they should embrace it.

Oh yes, yes indeed. I absolutely love that sort of dumb poo poo. The crazier the lore gets, the better!

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Gestalt Intellect posted:

You can get 50 or more from one Kappa so that doesn't sound very good honestly. Is kappa controlled by grineer on PS4?

I have yet to get an oxium osprey to show up on Kappa. Cyath has been getting me between 15 and 20 a run.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Golgozor posted:

I have yet to get an oxium osprey to show up on Kappa. Cyath has been getting me between 15 and 20 a run.

This is just depressing. :shepicide:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Vauban Chassis Alert just popped on PSN.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So the only chance of getting a discount on platinum is the stupid daily rewards? Because all I've gotten from that dumb poo poo is XP.

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Never mind alert posted above.

Big Floppy fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 5, 2014

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises

Bob NewSCART posted:

So the only chance of getting a discount on platinum is the stupid daily rewards? Because all I've gotten from that dumb poo poo is XP.

Correct. You can also get some cool stuff like potato blueprints, though!

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Bob NewSCART posted:

Only if you're on the PC. PS4 doesn't get the discounts.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

AzureRequiem posted:

Correct. You can also get some cool stuff like potato blueprints, though!

I think only if you can keep your rank at 3 stars though, which I can never manage to do.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Speaking of discounts, I hit the jackpot and got the 75% off one today and bought 2100 plat, any recommendations on aesthetic stuff to buy so I don't waste too much?

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Speaking of discounts, I hit the jackpot and got the 75% off one today and bought 2100 plat, any recommendations on aesthetic stuff to buy so I don't waste too much?

I would grab every single color pack, a set of cosmetic parts for my drone, and spend everything else on warframe/weapon slots and enough potatoes so I can have every single weapon/warframe and have everything potatoed.

You could also get a new icon for whatever frame you like best.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Only if you're on the PC. PS4 doesn't get the discounts.

So there's no way to get platinum at any kind of discount at all for ps4 players?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

So has DE released a timeframe for melee 2.0? I'm really waiting for that before I dig my teeth back into warframe, I've found that the super-quick-iteration has put me off sustained playing. I usually hear about some critical bug fix or new feature and hold out.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Penpal posted:

So has DE released a timeframe for melee 2.0? I'm really waiting for that before I dig my teeth back into warframe, I've found that the super-quick-iteration has put me off sustained playing. I usually hear about some critical bug fix or new feature and hold out.

A week or two, if I recall. It got pushed back because people got so hyped over it they figured they should actually change things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
It turns out that everything in melee 2.0 was working just fine so they had to delay it to find something to break.