Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
Go with her if you want to live!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Your post makes no sense since it's now TOTP.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Splizwarf posted:

Go with her if you want to live!

Live with her if you want to come.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Dead Blue Sky posted:

Live with her if you want to come.

live with come if you want to i guess

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
A zebra and a penguin go to the photographer's to get their picture taken for their passport.
Once on the spot, the photographers asks them: Would you like it in color or black and white?

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Mister Blueberry posted:

A zebra and a penguin go to the photographer's to get their picture taken for their passport.
Once on the spot, the photographers asks them: Would you like it in color or black and white?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Once upon a time, there was a monastery high in the Himalayas. One night, a storm blew up and a traveller came knocking at the door of the monastery, asking to shelter from the weather.
"Certainly," the lama said, and invited him in. "It's almost dark, so why don't you stay the night here until the storm abates?"
The traveller gratefully accepted. After a very welcome dinner, the traveller spent the evening telling the monks of his adventures, while the monks told him stories of their own and helped him to join in their meditation and prayers.
The lama showed the traveller to the bedroom next to his own, sparsely furnished with a bunk and a small altar, and they wished each other a good night.
The lama sat in his room in perfect silence, finished his evening meditation, blew out his candle and climbed into bed. No sooner had his head touched the bunk that he heard:

click... clack... fiddly... ping... click... clack... fiddly... ping... click... clack... fiddly... ping...

...coming from the next room. "How strange," he thought. "Still, it's only quiet. I expect it's some practice the guy has where he comes from. We do our meditations, he does... whatever that is. I must be accepting of it." So he rolled over and settled down to sleep.

click... clack... fiddly... ping... click... clack... fiddly... ping... click... clack... fiddly... ping...

He could still hear it through the wall, keeping him awake.
"Okay, breathe deeply, recognise its existence and gently put it out of your mind. Nothing is worth making a fuss about. The Buddha wouldn't get upset over a silly noise." And he tried to meditate and rise above the annoying sound.

The next morning, the lama had had no sleep at all. He caught himself feeling a little grumpy at morning prayers and found it hard to concentrate on his reading, but he put it out of his mind. At breakfast, the traveller and all the other monks seemed perfectly well rested. Had he just imagined that noise that kept him up the entire night? Perhaps he had.
The storm had still raged on all that day, so the traveller asked if he could stay another night. "Why not," said the lama. "We're always open to those in need." But also, he was darkly curious if he would hear that noise again.
That night, the lama put his ear to the wall. Nothing - perfect silence. So he blew out his candle and climbed into bed, and felt himself start to drift off to sleep...

"Not again!" he grumbled. "But," he told himself, "I must not give in to anger. Lamas all through history have dealt with far worse than this and stayed calm. How can I face the monks if I get angry over a bit of noise?"

At around 3AM after another sleepless night and having exhausted every yogic technique he knew to calm himself down, the lama had had enough.
"Maybe just finding out what's making that noise would put my mind at ease. It would be wrong to spy on him, but it's better than getting so angry with the poor man."
So the lama got up, and as soon as his feet touched the floor, the sound stopped. He gathered his robes, opened the dor and snuck out into the corridor. His eyes adjusted to the darkness, and he turned the corner to the traveller's room and slowly eased the door open a crack.
He peered through into the dark room to see the traveller lying asleep in his bunk, as if nothing had happened. Nothing had changed in the room; there was the bed, and there was the altar with the picture of the Buddha looking back at the lama. He felt a twinge of guilt, and looked away. All that was new was the traveller's small knapsack, sitting at the foot of of the bed.
"Forgive me," the lama said to himself as he crept into the room, knelt down and opened the traveller's bag.
In the darkness, he could barely make out the small collection of objects in there. But as he groped around in the bag, he felt: a smooth apple, a dimpled orange and a short piece of hairy string. There were no pockets on the bag, and nothing else in the room. An apple, an orange, and a piece of string.
The lama went back to bed, more confused and upset than ever. By now the sun was coming up and he'd had another whole night with no sleep, and he'd broken his vow to abstain from taking that which was not his - he'd rifled through their guest's belongings. And to add insult to injury, as soon as he climbed back into bed, again he heard...

...and wept softly into his sheets.

That morning at breakfast, the lama, with eyes red and streaming, approached the traveller.
"Please. I'm so sorry. I have to confess. Last night, I looked through your things."
The traveller grabbed his sleeve and took him aside, away from the other monks. "What?" he hissed. "Don't think I don't appreciate your hospitality, but why would you invade my privacy like that?"
The lama broke down in tears. "I just had to find out what was making that awful sound. Click... Clack... Fiddly... Ping. It's kept me awake two nights now. I can feel myself losing my mental resolve. Everything I studied for and dedicated my life to is slipping away from me, I had to know what's making that sound!"
"Oh! Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't realise it was keeping anyone awake. Please, you should have said. It's just... very personal to me."
"I see," said the lama.
The sky was clearing, and there were even a few patches of blue amongst the stormclouds.
"I suppose I'll be moving on this afternoon. Thank-you for letting me stay, I'm so sorry about the noise," the traveller said, and headed back to his room to get his bag.
"Wait! Before you leave... please, would you tell me what you were doing all night? How you made those noises with an apple, an orange, and a piece of string?"
The traveller locked eyes with the lama. "Rinpoche, you must understand, this is deeply personal and private for me. I will tell you, but you must swear to never tell another living soul."

And because the lama was a good, holy man, he kept his word.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Hahaha gently caress youuuuuuuuuuu nicely played

DrunkMidget
May 29, 2003
'Shag'd Wo'bram?" -Borra
I thought I was being clever when I made this one up, but apparently the joke has been done (and no offense intended, I just like the alliteration).

Where do Muslims go before seeing a movie in the theatre?

The Allahu Snackbar

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!

Stottie Kyek posted:

Well played, Stottie Kyek. Well played.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Stottie Kyek posted:

You dirty motherfucker. :mad:

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

Stottie Kyek posted:

You son of a bitch.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Heard this from a Muslimah coworker:

"Yeah, I'm a quarter Latina, I bet you didn't know. My grandmother converted to Islam when she married my grandfather, but she kept her own traditions, so every year on his birthday she would make him inshallah-das."

(Still don't know if the ancestry is just part of the joke, as she sauntered away before I could finish choking on my coffee.)

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
You know what I just can't stand?
Paraplegics

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

elise the great posted:

Heard this from a Muslimah coworker:

"Yeah, I'm a quarter Latina, I bet you didn't know. My grandmother converted to Islam when she married my grandfather, but she kept her own traditions, so every year on his birthday she would make him inshallah-das."

(Still don't know if the ancestry is just part of the joke, as she sauntered away before I could finish choking on my coffee.)

Heard a story from an Indian coworker lately. Both he and his wife were here in England, on temporary contracts with local firms, and someone had suggested that while he was here, he should visit an English church to see the beautiful architecture, stained-glass, carvings and so forth.

The guy had his doubts - he wasn't a Christian, so didn't think he'd be welcome. However, his colleague assured him that everyone was welcome in church, so he put on his smartest suit, his wife put on her best sari, and they travelled to a fine medieval church in a nearby village.

As they entered the church, they were struck by its beauty, and - what luck! - a traditional church service was in progress. However, as they walked in the vicar seemed distracted for a moment, and a few people turned around to look at them. Uncomfortable, they stood still in the aisle, trying not to disrupt anything. Still, people continued to look round and shoot them odd glances. The Indian man was increasingly concerned. Where was the warm welcome? Were he and his wife wrongly dressed? Had they walked into a church full of bigots?

A low murmur swept through the church, the uncomfortable glances continued, and eventually, an old man by the aisle leaned over and whispered to my coworker.
"Did you know the person?"
"Uh... know the person?"
"The person who died"

Galaspar has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Feb 14, 2014

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Have you heard about the new 'Hitler Apartments'?

They're promising more living room for German residents.

:obscurehistoricaljoke:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

RillAkBea posted:

I just hope gas isn't included. :hitler:

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

RillAkBea posted:

The Swiss beat you to this.....uh......joke. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvPBQ2ge2eo

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

Meningism posted:

Once upon a time, there was a headstrong young lady who made some poor decisions in her life, and ended up teen-pregnant. With no way to support the child, she was faced with a hard decision. After much soul-searching, she decided to carry the child to term, and then put it up for adoption. Come the big day, it turns out that she was carrying identical twins! She tearfully parts ways and continues with her life. In the fullness of time, She meets a nice, easy-going man who loves her and they start a family together and raise their kids happily. Still, the woman still wonders what happened to her the twins she gave up.

One day, the couple having long since retired, she comes to her husband and tells him that she wants to try and find the two boys she gave up. He's a pretty chill dude, so he agrees and they start the long, arduous process of tracking down the two boys. Eventually, after many months of searching, they discover that each child was adopted off to a loving family. Twin 1 was adopted by an Indian couple who could have no children of their own. They were successful doctors, and little Amal Patel was given the best life, education and opportunities that money could buy; a very happy life. Twin 2 was adopted by a large Portuguese family, who had plenty of space for another addition to the family, and young Juan Carlos' childhood was spent playing joyously with his many brothers and sisters.

Immediately, the old woman is struck with the urge to reconnect with these two souls that she set aside, all those years ago. She has to see them; how they've grown without her, what kind of men they have become in her absence. Revitalized! She feels an energy and a purpose that has not coursed through her for many long years! Rousing her lackadaisical partner, she fires off an email to the addresses she was supplied with, explaining who she was and how much she would love to meet the two men who could have been her sons.

A reply arrives from Juan almost immediately, while nothing is heard from the other son. Juan is hesitant but curious about his biological mother, and the news of his twin brother. After many emotional exchanges, and many more phone conversations, the two are finally, and tearfully, reunited at a the bustling terminal of the airport. Many days are spent exchanging the stories of each other's lives, and mother and son grow closer together.

Then, tragedy strikes.

The message arrives from Amal's adopted parents; a terse email explaining that Amal has recently passed away. In a convoluted series of misunderstandings involving a cuckolded husband and a refrigirator, the other lost twin was brutally sent from this world. The old lady is devastated, despite having never even seen the man. She weeps tears of bitter regret, while her husband patiently pats her head and whispers comforting sounds. Eventually, the deluge subsides. Wiping away her tears, she quietly confides to her husband about how she would have loved to see Amal just once while she had had the chance.
He shrugs, and says matter-of-factly: "They're identical twins, honey; if you've seen Juan, you've seen Amal."

---

I love the rambling-story-with-a-crappy-punchline jokes. It really is all about the delivery, and how long you can draw it out for. Other good ones involve the story of a man and his snake, and I fondly recall a 45 minute rendition of the tale of two prawns that kept me and 10 other people sane as we waited for the elevator-repair man to come rescue us.

*sips brandy*

### We seem to share a taste for the same jokes, thanks for that one, didn't know it. I know the one with the snake, but not the one with the prawn? I found this, is it the one you meant? (if not, please tell it): ###

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were swimming around in the sea - one called Justin and the other called Christian.
The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that patrolled the area.
Finally, one day during a tropical storm, Justin said to Christian "I'm bored and frustrated at being a prawn, I wish I was a shark - then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten..."

As Justin had his mind firmly on becoming a predator, a flash of lightning hit the water and, lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark.
Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.
Time went on (as it invariably does...) and Justin found himself becoming bored and lonely as a shark. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realise that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.

During the next tropical storm, Justin figured that the same lightning force could change him back into a prawn.
Lightning never strikes twice except in stories like these, but while he was thinking of being a prawn again, a flash of lightning struck the water next to Justin and, lo and behold, he turned back into a prawn!
With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes, Justin swam back to his friends and bought them all a cocktail.
(The punchline does not involve a prawn cocktail - it's much worse).

Looking around the gathering at the reef, he searched for his old pal. "Where's Christian?" he asked.
"He's at home, distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy and became a shark" came the reply.
Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he set off to Christian's house.
As he opened the coral gate, the memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend. Come out and see me again".
Christian replied, "No way, man. You'll eat me. You're a shark, the enemy. I will not be tricked".
Justin cried back "No I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed......... I'm a prawn again Christian...!!!"

cyfad has a new favorite as of 08:45 on Mar 3, 2014

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Hah poo poo that was so bad and good at the same time. I wish there were a way to tell that joke in another language.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
What's the difference between Hitler and Michael Phelps?
Phelps can finish a race.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Royal W posted:

What's the difference between Hitler and Michael Phelps?
Phelps can finish a race.

In a similar vein:

What's the difference between Ronald Reagan and Adolf Hitler?

Well, one was a murderous, racist, warmongering bigot who ransacked his country's treasury to enrich a small band of oligarchs and stained his country's reputation for generations to come.

The other was born in Austria.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
I left this on the delivery instructions for today's mail carrier:

Where does bread go to get a tan?
At the Toast Office.

I hope I brighten that poor bastard's day.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

So there's a circus in town featuring an underwater sumo wrestling match between two Spanish goldfish, trained in Japan. Apparently they're calling the act Dos-Koi.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Raitzeno posted:

So there's a circus in town featuring an underwater sumo wrestling match between two Spanish goldfish, trained in Japan. Apparently they're calling the act Dos-Koi.

I have absolutely no idea what this is referencing. A google search on Dos-Koi gives me the Dragon Ball wiki and a One Piece reference.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

(Try spelling it Dosukoi.)

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.
I saw this on a Laffy Taffy wrapper and while most of them are the most nonsensical 2nd grade jokes ever, this one made me :stare:

What kind of tea is sometimes hard to swallow?

Reality.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Way way back, thousands of years ago...

God is going around his creation, trying to get people to accept some of his commandments.

He meets some Italians. "Hey, I've got some commandments here. You want them?"
"Maybe. What are they?"
"Well, here's one: Thou shalt not steal."
The Italians look at him and shake their heads. "Sorry, no, that's kind of our thing."

And so, God moves on.

He meets some French people. "Hey, I've got some commandments here. You want them?"
"Maybe. What are they?"
"Well, here's one: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife."
The Frenchmen look at him and shake their heads. "Sorry, no, that's kind of our thing."

And so, God moves on.

He meets some Germans. "Hey, I've got some commandments here. You want them?"
"Maybe. What are they?"
"Well, here's one: Thou shalt not kill."
The Germans look at him and shake their heads. "Sorry, no, that's kind of our thing."

And so, God moves on.

He meets some Jews. "Hey, I've got some commandments here. You want them?"
"Maybe. How much are they?"
"Nothing, they're free."
"In that case, we'll take ten."

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Man: I know this place that has some great peanut chicken, maybe we can grab a bite to eat after work and then head back to my place?
Woman: Uhh... I'm actually allergic to nuts...
Man: It's okay, I've had a vasectomy.

shock.wav
May 25, 2009

Raitzeno posted:

Man: I know this place that has some great peanut chicken, maybe we can grab a bite to eat after work and then head back to my place?

Vasectomies do not remove your testicles!

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Which three soccer teams have swear words in their names?

Arsenal, Scunthorpe, and Manchester loving United.

Emushka
Jul 5, 2007

Raitzeno posted:

I've actually used this as a pickup line...

man: want to go to my place for a gently caress and a pizza?
woman: :ssj:
man: what!? you don't like pizza?

That Robox
Mar 15, 2010
When is a pixie not a pixie?

When he's got his head under a fairy's skirt... then he's a goblin

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

You guys know about the friend of the family human being that went to the bar owned by a loving rear end in a top hat?
The friend of the family human being goes into the bar and says "hey, you loving rear end in a top hat!", to which the other replies "what do you want, friend of the family human being?". He replies, "A beer, please"

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Did you hear about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
How many South Americans does it take to host the World Cup?

...a Brazilian!

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005
Dave and Tom go out for drinks one night and Tom starts ordering shots:
Dave-"no no no my wife will kill me if I go home drunk again"
Tom- "Don't worry we will be fine"
They have a few shots and Dave pukes all over himself
Dave-" Ah gently caress my wife is going to kill me"
Tom- "don't worry, tell your wife a bum puked all over you and gave you 10 bucks to cover the dry cleaning" *tom slips a $10 bill into Daves shirt pocket*
The night goes on and they continue drinking. Dave goes home and passes out just inside the font door of his house. Dave's wife comes down in the morning seeing him sprawled out at the bottom of the stairs.
Wife- "you got hammered last night didn't you, look at your shirt!"
Dave-"no, no a bum puked on me and gave me $10 for the dry cleaning!"
the Wife reaches in the top pocket and pulls the money out
Wife- There's $20 in here..."
Dave- "oh, he poo poo my pants too.."

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

So a German and a Jew are having a walk through nature. After a few hours, they reach a river. There's no bridge in sight. They discuss their options for a bit, and finally decide they'll try to cross it.

The German removes his shoe and puts his toes in the water. He suddenly withdraws them and exclaims: "Ow! That's really loving cold, I'm not gonna cross it like this."

The Jew lies down and puts his face in the water. A moment later, he turns to the German and says: "It's really loving deep, too."

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I don't...think I get it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Jews have big noses herp derp

• Locked thread