Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

12gauge posted:

:ohdear: As a theta/epsilon male, what can I expect of the sexual libertarian marketplace?

just get a higher dose of soma and everything will be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby the Birdman
Jul 14, 2005

Every real nigga fuck they main girl in the ass.
I am the alpha and the omega

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

pringledingle posted:

What happened to the grilled cheese sandwich advice?

Grill the bread seperately, then use gruyere and use the oven to make it melty.

12gauge posted:

:ohdear: As a theta/epsilon male, what can I expect of the sexual libertarian marketplace?

You're busy in the kitchen slicing gruyere while everyone else is in the next room, laughing and talking and eating your grilled cheese sandwiches as fast as you can make them.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Maybe I want a gay baby

EN Bullshit
Apr 5, 2012

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Maybe I want a gay baby

Well you're in luck, because ZergFluid is single.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

Faceless Clock posted:

If you want to hear what these guys are posting on the forums they refer to, check out The F Plus podcast, Episodes 3, 46 and 81.

Forceholy actually do this because these are hilarious

guppiehaus
Sep 13, 2010
You guys arguing that there's a "sexually libertarian marketplace" in society because of the societal revolution in the 60's can go in circles all you want, but you're forgetting some pretty crucial poo poo.

1. None of your research actually backs up what you're even claiming. You can't apply findings from an economical study of prostitution to the way society works romantically (protip: they're NOT the same thing) and then go even further and apply your reasoning in broader strokes to relationships and sex in modern America. Social & behavioral psychologists don't even understand how attraction really works between two different people let alone an entire loving country that in itself has dozens if not hundreds of different cultural nuances. It doesn't make any loving sense logically and scientifically it's absurd. You would get laughed out so hard by any real scientist that it'd make your ears explode. Just throwing in there that ZergFluid provided a SINGULAR study that doesn't even relate to like 95% of the points he made.

Rass P, I'm pretty sure you DID say women are ruined after they get pregnant. I quote, "the 'ruined once she has a baby' thing has a biological basis," said by Rass P. That's a pretty audacious claim to back track from and then say "oh I meant they're less desireable." Well no poo poo, guys are less "desireable" when they're 50 something and carrying around a saggy gut and flabby arms too, buddy. You can't make generalized claims about issues and then badger other people for not getting the "details" of your argument right. You're also doing the same thing that ZergFluid is doing by attributing scientific studies about specific things (decrease in fertility, reduced androgen exposure to fetuses prenatally, etc.) that CANNOT be applied directly to things like making people "less desireable," because THERE IS NO CONSENSUS ON WHAT IS DESIREABLE. These papers that you linked NEVER talk about how these changes reduce sexual "value" or attractiveness to other people. They talk about the BIOLOGICAL CHANGES within a woman relating to fertility, physiology, and successive births after an initial pregnancy. THAT'S IT. If you want to spout some science, learn some science first.

2. Even disregarding you two's idiotic arguments backed by your own interpretations of irrelevant science articles and twisted social thinking; what are you going to do about it? While you guys armchair warrior it up, smugly tapping on your keyboards as you tell off goons that they're "misinterpreting" your arguments or "putting words in your mouth" there are real live people out in the world, outside your own house that are communicating, socializing, and building relationships. Society doesn't give a rat's rear end if you think the way people choose to date and love each other is unfair. That's everyone else's choice, not yours. While you're complaining and feebly feeding your fragile egos people who understand that the world doesn't work for them are trying to become better people. They try to align their views and WORK towards something so that they're not stuck in the same position in life forever. All your "spluttering" about how this is right, this is how society REALLY is means jack poo poo in the end. You might think so, but reality says otherwise so you can either suck it up and try to go with the flow, or you can live your struggle for the rest of your life in misery. Your call.

Either way I sincerely hope both of you and anyone who agrees with your "points" wakes up. Life is too short to be a hateful, stubborn contrarian.

guppiehaus fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 5, 2014

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

guppiehaus posted:

You guys arguing that there's a "sexually libertarian marketplace" in society because of the societal revolution in the 60's can go in circles all you want, but you're forgetting some pretty crucial poo poo.

1. None of your research actually backs up what you're even claiming. You can't apply findings from an economical study of prostitution to the way society works romantically (protip: they're NOT the same thing) and then go even further and apply your reasoning in broader strokes to relationships and sex in modern America. Social & behavioral psychologists don't even understand how attraction really works between two different people let alone an entire loving country that in itself has dozens if not hundreds of different cultural nuances. It doesn't make any loving sense logically and scientifically it's absurd. You would get laughed out so hard by any real scientist that it'd make your ears explode. Just throwing in there that ZergFluid provided a SINGULAR study that doesn't even relate to like 95% of the points he made.

Rass P, I'm pretty sure you DID say women are ruined after they get pregnant. I quote, "the 'ruined once she has a baby' thing has a biological basis," said by Rass P. That's a pretty audacious claim to back track from and then say "oh I meant they're less desireable." Well no poo poo, guys are less "desireable" when they're 50 something and carrying around a saggy gut and flabby arms too, buddy. You can't make generalized claims about issues and then badger other people for not getting the "details" of your argument right. You're also doing the same thing that ZergFluid is doing by attributing scientific studies about specific things (decrease in fertility, reduced androgen exposure to fetuses prenatally, etc.) that CANNOT be applied directly to things like making people "less desireable," because THERE IS NO CONSENSUS ON WHAT IS DESIREABLE. These papers that you linked NEVER talk about how these changes reduce sexual "value" or attractiveness to other people. They talk about the BIOLOGICAL CHANGES within a woman relating to fertility, physiology, and successive births after an initial pregnancy. THAT'S IT. If you want to spout some science, learn some science first.

2. Even disregarding you two's idiotic arguments backed by your own interpretations of irrelevant science articles and twisted social thinking; what are you going to do about it? While you guys armchair warrior it up, smugly tapping on your keyboards as you tell off goons that they're "misinterpreting" your arguments or "putting words in your mouth" there are real live people out in the world, outside your own house that are communicating, socializing, and building relationships. Society doesn't give a rat's rear end if you think the way people choose to date and love each other is unfair. That's everyone else's choice, not yours. While you're complaining and feebly feeding your fragile egos people who understand that the world doesn't work for them are trying to become better people. They try to align their views and WORK towards something so that they're not stuck in the same position in life forever. All your "spluttering" about how this is right, this is how society REALLY is means jack poo poo in the end. You might think so, but reality says otherwise so you can either suck it up and try to go with the flow, or you can live your struggle for the rest of your life in misery. Your call.

Either way I sincerely hope both of you and anyone who agrees with your "points" wakes up. Life is too short to be a hateful, stubborn contrarian.

Thanks.

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.

Forceholy posted:

https://vimeo.com/28466163

Has this been posted yet? It's the incel documentary.

this says more about the lack of adequate mental health services in America than anything else

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

EN Bullshit posted:

Well you're in luck, because ZergFluid is single.

I said gay baby not a retarded baby hahaha

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Why have sex with ladies when you can argue about the word impregnable?

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

yeah, tumblr of all things being provided as an example is kind of rich and makes no sense. go to reddit for a pretty good picture of that poo poo. for more matrix references than you'd ever want to handle in life, check out The Red Pill.
I don't really understand tumblr. I thought it was a site like livejournal but you can only post pictures or a blog post. How is it a community? How can you have actual discussions on it like a forum? Also I find it impossible to navigate. Everything is just everywhere, it's just a mess. Reddit I kind of get, it's basically youtube comments without the actual video. But tumblr and sometimes twitter I genuinely don't understand how they work or why they're so popular.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Ausmund posted:

I don't really understand tumblr. I thought it was a site like livejournal but you can only post pictures or a blog post. How is it a community? How can you have actual discussions on it like a forum? Also I find it impossible to navigate. Everything is just everywhere, it's just a mess. Reddit I kind of get, it's basically youtube comments without the actual video. But tumblr and sometimes twitter I genuinely don't understand how they work or why they're so popular.

they both just run off tag systems that people can search in if they want to find everything related to what they search for, then follow certain people who post what they enjoy so that they see new stuff as it shows up without having to seek it out. the people who use them vary wildly and saying that 'X type of people use this website' is a no poo poo kind of deal since it's hard to find people who don't like looking at pictures and whatever online. they're basically just aggregators for various types of media and semi-random posts that people like to read, i guess. reddit and something awful are a bit more focused in comparison, with SA being the most like a traditional forum.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Just had sex -- Please cross me off the adult virgin list. THanks.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

chamois posted:

Congrats. Now the challenge is to have some more.

Did you pop her lid off and and unleash the steam?
Did she do a tiltawhirl on your dingiddy diddly dong?
Was there howling?

There are points for this sort of thing, you know, gotta rack 'em up. I'm sure there's a scorecard somewhere...

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Why have sex with ladies when you can argue about the word impregnable?

So you claim fort nox is impregnable hmmm?

I'm gonna gently caress that vault.

COMING THIS SUMMER: BANK FUCKERS, NOXING BOOTS.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Arakan posted:

this says more about the lack of adequate mental health services in America than anything else

Michael and the leather jacket convention guy are the only ones that I can feel sympathy for. The PUA and Advanced can go to hell.

Faceless Clock posted:

If you want to hear what these guys are posting on the forums they refer to, check out The F Plus podcast, Episodes 3, 46 and 81.

These are actually some of my favorite F Plus episodes. I also like the Roosh V one.

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 5, 2014

moot4king
Oct 9, 2012
Pillbug
Alright time for me to put this out there and get mocked.

I'm a 20 year old male and I know that is not old at all (and still feel like a child more often that not) but basically everyone I know is not a virgin.

As far as i can remember, I have always been shy or not particularly social. When I was in pre-school and kindergarten I kept to myself and barely talked. Still managed get two friends, though. I was awkward and could not a hold a long conversation. Spent most of my days on the computer (surprise surprise) and I did actually go out with my few friends. We had tons of fun. Then my family moved to another town when I was like twelve or thirteen. This is also when my performance anxiety started to settle in.

Almost everyone in my extended family have told me that I am smart (my sisters did not get that treatment so it wasn't generic feel-good compliments) and would probably become a doctor or a scientist. I was, and still am, a pretty bad student. Procrastination, lack of motivation and a fear of failure and disappointment made me depressed and sad whenever someone gave me a compliment on anything. My grades were mediocre and luckily my parents never found out that I was actually not a straight A-student (grades are not given in this country until the last four seasons) and I managed to not suck for the last season. This is also where I started upper secondary school and the major was IT/computer imagery. I'll never forget the look my mother gave me when I told her what kind of a school I chose to attend. It seriously hurt me.

Performance anxiety, depression, feelings of worthlessness/mediocrity and loneliness had taken its toll on me two years after that and I started to become suicidal and self-destructive. I saw a therapist but that didn't do much and it interfered with my schedule so that stopped. I didn't trust people except for my closest friends. I still maintain contact with some of them today. My mom noticed that I was getting upset lately and when I told her everything (I left out the suicidal and self-harm part) I expected her to become angry or dismiss me but she didn't and that was relieving. A year or so after that I thought less about suicide but more about self-harm (it felt like I deserved it because I was still worthless).

Throughout all of this, I constantly compared myself to my peers, both academically and socially. How could they speak for so long while I can only say some weak sentences? Why am I not funny or interesting like him/her? How did that idiot get better grades than me (because you didn't try hard enough, rear end in a top hat)?

And now we are here. Depressed on account of being single, unemployed, still living at my parents and small social circle are the primary reasons why I still am single. But I am getting better at talking! It still feels like I have to keep a mental checklist on how to talk and express emotions sometimes, but it is not bad. I've stopped cutting my thigh and pouring hot water on my hand, but I still feel apathetic most of the time and have trouble sleeping. My doctor prescribed sertralin for my depression but I have forgotten several times to take them and they probably don't work as effective as they should.

Sorry for rambling and talking about my childhood but I think that it is a big reason on why I am still a virgin.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

chamois posted:

:parrot:

http://youtu.be/2_NAgpfhhEs?t=19s

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
Good luck, Goon

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

chamois posted:

How biologically desirable was your partner? It may not count.

Also thinking back I guess homosexual or lesbian sex probably doesn't count because something something biological I dunno.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
That is really ad, not that you are a virgin at twenty (NORMAL) but that you are depressed and that is an awful thing to deal with. One of the terrible things about depression is that it kills the ability to believe things can be better, especially when therapy and medication aren't easy to sort out.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

12gauge posted:

You can only date women with HB ratings in the form x+yi where y is non-zero.

pringledingle
Apr 3, 2013

Runcible Cat posted:

You can only date women with HB ratings in the form x+yi where y is non-zero.

I would disagree. A HB rating including the value of i would be a 2D waifu, whereas one that is a non-zero real number would be a 3DPD. In your form, you have a 2.5D woman.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Not a virgin. I find it a bit disingenuous when people try to downplay the burden or virginity on some minds. Indeed, sex isn't that big a deal, but it's the sort of thing you, or a lot of people at least, need to actually experience to comprehend. At the same time, sex actually is a big deal and it's one of the elemental forces that guides society, and though we may elevate things above it, downplaying its role and influence, and the value of the experience to someone who hasn't been initiated into it is kind of condescending and dishonest, in my view.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Not a virgin. I find it a bit disingenuous when people try to downplay the burden or virginity on some minds. Indeed, sex isn't that big a deal, but it's the sort of thing you, or a lot of people at least, need to actually experience to comprehend. At the same time, sex actually is a big deal and it's one of the elemental forces that guides society, and though we may elevate things above it, downplaying its role and influence, and the value of the experience to someone who hasn't been initiated into it is kind of condescending and dishonest, in my view.

I think no one is downplaying the importance of sex in society, simply downplaying the huge insuperable task it has become in the minds of virgins.

The more seriously they take it, the less they are likely to achieve it because anxiety makes sex almost impossible by nature.

I can fully sympathize with virgins who feel miserable because of it but honestly, only them can get over that anxiety. And go out of their comfort zone to exorcise it and discover that sex is simply two or more people having fun and not a life achievement.

SpaceGoatFarts fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Mar 5, 2014

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 643 days!)

i think a lot of them don't take sex seriously at all. lot of people keep floating this weird notion that they sometimes in their weaker moments wish they could just let go and not care and bang a bunch of randos like whatever like the mundanes who aren't burdened by their precious dignity do, or something.

car dance
May 12, 2010

Ben is actually an escaped polar bear, posing as a human.

Unlikely because Polar Bears do not know how to speak.
Also it does not make any sense.
It's not the sex that is important; it's the intimacy. It's not about the orgasms but about the fact that someone finds you desirable.

And if we lived in a world where women's waist hip whatever was actually important it wouldn't be so. But we, even when considering sex, want someone we can sit on the couch with and watch TV on occasion. That's why sexless relationships can exist.

Notice most of the virgins who also are torn up about it also don't have many friends or get hugs much. They don't even get nonsexual affection and that's why they go crazy.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Robotnik Nudes posted:

An elemental force?

Sex wizards?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I asked my hot babe friend and she said she's never encountered a PUA/MRA ever in her life.

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011

Robotnik Nudes posted:

sex actually is a big deal and it's one of the elemental forces that guides society

Read this in a yoda voice.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jeza posted:

Sex wizards?

You called us?
                  \

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

car dance posted:

It's not the sex that is important; it's the intimacy. It's not about the orgasms but about the fact that someone finds you desirable.

And if we lived in a world where women's waist hip whatever was actually important it wouldn't be so. But we, even when considering sex, want someone we can sit on the couch with and watch TV on occasion. That's why sexless relationships can exist.

Notice most of the virgins who also are torn up about it also don't have many friends or get hugs much. They don't even get nonsexual affection and that's why they go crazy.

Well it also goes the other way, like in the "what am I supposed to feel" thread. Somehow someone develops, as a youth, say a schizoid personality and bang they suddenly lose their connection to society, and never get any intimacy, sex etc.

Actually would that make it recursive?

car dance
May 12, 2010

Ben is actually an escaped polar bear, posing as a human.

Unlikely because Polar Bears do not know how to speak.
Also it does not make any sense.
Well if you're broken it's hard to make friends so it's hard to get intimacy which makes it hard to stop being broken. So, yes.

12gauge
Feb 24, 2014

Robotnik Nudes posted:

sex actually is a big deal and it's one of the elemental forces that guides society

People are mocking this but I think there's some truth to it. I know that when it finally dawned that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life, I started being able to crush things with my mind a lot of my motivation just went completely out the window. I started thinking, there's nobody to impress and I alone aren't worth the effort. This isn't just about getting laid, I think a lot of people's motivation comes from the approval of friends, partners.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I'm gay.

College Ruled
Apr 25, 2012

"It seems another associate has taken my friendly attitude as to insinuate desires that would exist outside the bounds of professional courtesy."

Courtesy of: 01001100 01001100 01001010 01001011 01010011 01101001 01001100 01101011

12gauge posted:

This isn't just about getting laid, I think a lot of people's motivation comes from the approval of friends, partners.

If you're a timid, insecure dipshit, then yeah it sure does.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
What's the big deal about sex?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Sex is only important when you're not having it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Robotnik Nudes posted:

Not a virgin. Please let me tell you about the minds of virgins,

• Locked thread