Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

The creepiest part of that situation is how ok the dad was and was basically pimping his daughter out.

Those were fake emails written by bfm. If you believe otherwise you're a fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

This was pages and pages ago, but...

ullerrm posted:

For example, if you can tell me what Damage Reduction Factor is and how it affects missile damage mechanics, without Googling it -- then I'm going to conclude that you probably know your poo poo about Eve, and from that point on I'm going to pay attention to what you say, regardless of whether you use "toon" or not.
Handwavey bullshit number that's static for any given class of missile, comes into play in the sig/exp radius*explosion velocity/target velocity factor of the damage equation, and essentially confers an extra bit of benefit for using a smaller and/or more precise missile by increasing the multiplier that your base missile damage is increased by. Doesn't necessarily mean that smaller and/or more precise missile actually does more damage than a faction variant though. Isn't displayed as an attribute ingame, who the gently caress knows why.

ullerrm posted:

* How do you recoup your escrow costs when performing a margin trading scam?
Easiest way is to just sell no more than 23% of the total order value to yourself, which eliminates any chance of anyone who knows how to properly break a margin trade scam order from getting anything from you.

ullerrm posted:

* What's the process for calculating how many bombs you need to launch to kill a fleet of X?
Bombs have an explosion radius but not explosion velocity (you know maybe they should, that would be one possible avenue to further mitigate their utility against smaller ships and maybe bring some lost diversity back to doctrine warfare...), so divide EHP to the damage type by min(1,sig radius/explosion radius), then divide resulting number by bomb damage, 7680 if you're assuming covops 4 scrubs, then divide by 7 for number of waves needed.

ullerrm posted:

* A ship has A/B/C/D base resists. I fit a DC, an EANM, and an armor hardener to it. How do I compute the final resists without using EFT?
1-(1-base resist)*(1-hardener resist)*(1-eanm resist*.87)*(1-DC resist). For the other resists, eliminate the hardener resist term.

:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
You are a broken man.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mynnna you are the autist's autist and probably deserve tenure on the CSM.

:goonsay:

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

You are a broken man.

He knows way too much about this game and probably does the most work for the CFC. I still can't believe he doesn't burn out. :iiam:

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Seditiar posted:

He knows way too much about this game and probably does the most work for the CFC. I still can't believe he doesn't burn out. :iiam:

He burned out long ago and was replaced by a robot. Nobody noticed.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Seditiar posted:

He likes math, and he's always liked eve. Its not like he's fueling all the towers in dek or anything else suicide inducing.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

deadtear posted:

He likes math, and he's always liked eve. Its not like he's fueling all the towers in dek or anything else suicide inducing.

I believe he's still in charge of the renters and actively talking with them. So you're wrong. :colbert:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Seditiar posted:

I believe he's still in charge of the renters and actively talking with them. So you're wrong. :colbert:

He actually found some of the renters better to talk to than some of the people who run altcorps in GSF.

We have some serious sperglords, I'm sure there is probably one renter out there who is better to talk to than some of the people who obsessively multibox ratting carriers in altcorps for fun.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 5, 2014

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

i do cocaine posted:

He actually found some of the renters better to talk to than some of the people who run altcorps in GSF.

Not shocked at all.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

i do cocaine posted:

We have some serious sperglords, I'm sure there is probably one renter out there who is better to talk to than some of the people who obsessively multibox ratting carriers in altcorps for fun.

Literally anyone in highsec would be better to talk to than tiberizzle, for instance.

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

Are we good to declare this the feel good thread of the day after that ALOD? :toot:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's official. EVE's over, we can all log out now.

Nothing can top that ALOD. Nothing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bagu posted:

Are we good to declare this the feel good thread of the day after that ALOD? :toot:

What, the half a titan worth of Golem? Nah, surely some mission runner in HS will top it, perhaps by carrying officer mods for refitting in the cargo of his officer fitted Marauder.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
That ALOD... wow. Just WoW. :staredog:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

i do cocaine posted:

What, the half a titan worth of Golem? Nah, surely some mission runner in HS will top it, perhaps by carrying officer mods for refitting in the cargo of his officer fitted Marauder.

2 navy ravens worth ~50b each, and then the amazing chatlog.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~
I have a feeling this is not the last we're going to be hearing from this guy. Dude just spent $3000 on a game he knows nothing about thinking he'd be completely safe, and lost/gave away all of it. I would expect at least a rage-filled eve-o forum post.

Lowkin
Aug 27, 2007

mikey posted:

I have a feeling this is not the last we're going to be hearing from this guy. Dude just spent $3000 on a game he knows nothing about thinking he'd be completely safe, and lost/gave away all of it. I would expect at least a rage-filled eve-o forum post.

What would someone need to suicide gank that?

My god I just started up a new account just too play skill manager for 4 months and hopefully end up with an ISK making character.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

mikey posted:

Don't forget he's a lawyer that has "resources." I expect at least an internet meltdown from that guy over this.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Azuth0667 posted:

Don't forget he's a lawyer that has "resources." I expect at least an internet meltdown from that guy over this.

What if he calls the cyber police? :ohdear:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Lowkin posted:

What would someone need to suicide gank that?

My god I just started up a new account just too play skill manager for 4 months and hopefully end up with an ISK making character.

Apparently not much. Look at the killmail. He's in an NPC corp.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Logi friends are the best friends :toot:

Ibanez Murderface
Mar 7, 2005

#!/bin/bash
Disregard this, I paint fences

Ibanez Murderface fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 5, 2014

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Well ok then.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Mummra's gonna turn up dead in two weeks and the guy will turn out to be a mafia lawyer or something.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Vatek posted:

Mummra's gonna turn up dead in two weeks and the guy will turn out to be a mafia lawyer or something.

If this happens, please make it big.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

deadtear posted:

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/152933-ban-bfm-ban-dbrb/

It reads a little weird because solo deleted all of bfms posts, which means you dont get to see all 3 of the "emails from her dad" he presented as evidence.

That thread is both solid gold and also highly disturbing at the same time.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vatek posted:

Holy poo poo that ALOD. His loving wife is gonna leave his rear end. 3 grand IN REAL DOLLARS on ships in 2 days.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

i do cocaine posted:

Holy poo poo that ALOD. His loving wife is gonna leave his rear end. 3 grand IN REAL DOLLARS on ships in 2 days.

It's cool, he's a lawyer. They make tons of :10bux: these days :downsrim:

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Vatek posted:

He sent a mail to me saying we'd get banned twice (I'm not Mummra, I am the second goon in the ALOD chatlog). It wasn't until he got 'interviewed' that the threats really emerged. Beyond him quoting Dante's Inferno or whatever the hell.

After Mummra left chat, I tried to find out where he was so I could pod him on his way to Dodixie to 'pick up' his ship, but no such luck.

Zhaan fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Mar 5, 2014

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If I pay someone in ISK to renovate my bathroom would that be in violation of the EULA?

I ask because I'm tired and it seems like a good idea right now while I'm covered in concrete and blood.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

It's at this point that I wish I was one of those goons who was smart enough to jump to scam him immediately after we saw the lossmail. :cripes:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kheldragar posted:

It's at this point that I wish I was one of those goons who was smart enough to jump to scam him immediately after we saw the lossmail. :cripes:

I was dumb enough to think no-one would be dumb enough to do it twice.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

There needs to be more idiots like this, it would bring the plex prices down nicely.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

ijyt posted:

This is probably true

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

ijyt posted:

The first rule of Eve: Never think someone is too dumb for _______

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

quote:

Jimblidge > In WOW I choose my enemy, here no.

He's either a dirty Rogue or a raider. Maybe even both at the same time.

E: I should read the whole article before commenting, of course he's a rogue. A level 95 at that!

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 5, 2014

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Seditiar posted:

He's either a dirty Rogue or a raider. Maybe even both at the same time.

The fact I have no idea what either of those do makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm proud I never fell into the WoW trap.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Xaerael posted:

The fact I have no idea what either of those do makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm proud I never fell into the WoW trap.

It's the classic stealth class, that every goddamn MMO feels the need to have. It's the Black Ops ship of WoW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

hemophilia posted:

I find it really funny how the 'cultural revolution' a couple of years caused such an incredibly loud outcry from TEST. Like they knew that poo poo was pretty much targeted at them and a few other shitheads spread across CFC alliances. The mere suggestion that people reign in the stupid poo poo and not be a rude loving bigot 100% of the time really did drive them up the wall. I wouldn't be surprised if that jokey 'movement' was the thing that caused us to ultimately have a falling out.

I stopped playing eve a few years because I couldn't take TEST bigots and shitloreds anymore. Since goons and TEST where still best buddies at that time I just decided there wasn't anyone left to play eve with. I even resubscribed when heard about the test/goon split, with the hope I could watch them burn. But once you've been in dreddit your painted a spai for life.

Anyway groons are cool so no regrets on the millionth resub, yet.

• Locked thread