Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Montegoraon posted:

I've seen pictures of Thai volumes too. Do you know how good the translation is in French? One of the other reasons this series is apparently unlikely to be released in English is how difficult it would be, with all the puns and cultural references.

95% of the puns are swapping out 'koro' for something else that sounds like kill, it wouldnt be that hard. Its not like the author is putting a lot of effort into the puns, and they could probably be dropped outright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

The first volume is out in Spain too, I still need to get it to see what the translation does with the puns and such.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
:siren:Assassination Classroom licensed by Viz:siren:

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

:woop: :woop:

Here's hoping they can make some killer puns in their translations. Also hoping they don't have to censor anything either like how Reborn's english title has no mention of hitmen.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
That would be pretty tough to do, considering what the title is. And it'd get pretty tiresome have everyone be called assassins all the time, instead of switching up the terms.

And the article says it's going to be released in volume form only, no weekly publication, which other boards have speculated is for content reasons. That makes me hopeful that the censoring will be kept to an absolute minimum. This will be interesting.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It's okay, most school violence in the States is perpetrated by shooting rather than knives, so we have nothing to fear from censors! :v:

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
New Chapter

Giant exploding puddings.

doyle-san
Feb 25, 2001

"This changes nothing."
That was a fun little side story. Could we possibly end up filling the entire class chart with actual character stuff?

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
That was amusing, though I wouldn't say it was surprising. A little disappointing, really, but I guess at least one of the girls had to go the housewife route.

People used to say that the obvious way to kill Koro-sensei was to mix in anti-sensei material into his food or drink, and that it would kill him before he could detect it. Apparently, they tried that and it didn't work, but I don't recall when that happened. It must have been off screen.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Now I'm craving some pudding.

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

Montegoraon posted:

That was amusing, though I wouldn't say it was surprising. A little disappointing, really, but I guess at least one of the girls had to go the housewife route.

Hey this was an impressive operation. The logistics of moving that much raw materials without spoiling is a feat a mere housewife couldn't do. That to me sounds far more like a CEO.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013

Dukeofdummies posted:

Hey this was an impressive operation. The logistics of moving that much raw materials without spoiling is a feat a mere housewife couldn't do. That to me sounds far more like a CEO.

A CEO doing actual work? Please. No, it was a pretty impressive accomplishment, with a lot of thought put into it. I just meant in terms of Kayano's personality it was disappointing. The way she tried to abandon her plan at the last second made her look silly and flighty. Without resolve or ability to follow through. Seeing how she's the most often seen girl, but the least often seen doing anything, I guess I was hoping for something Nagisa-esque coming from her.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Montegoraon posted:

I don't think it was that at all. It wasn't a bunch of stereotypical housewife stuff all together, it was that she loving LOVES PUDDING. And it wasn't just "haha, she loves eating pudding," she knew it inside and out. She has a legitimate passion for pudding. It seriously reminded me of a cooking manga for the middle part where they were talking about making the pudding and how it will be more delicious because of the special ingredients and whatnot. In that light, the bit at the end isn't her being a flighty broad (which... what?) but rather her not wanting to see her beautiful creation destroyed, like a true artist.

That's what I got out of it, anyway.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Yeah, Begemot is spot-on. She called in a physics research center to handle the logistics of making a giant pudding. This is not a housewife who cooks and cleans or something, this is a pudding addict/artisan who doesn't want to see her Mona Lisa blown to bits.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 7, 2014

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

PFlats posted:

this is a pudding addict-cum-artisan

What the gently caress. Casual reminder that this is a child you're talking about.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Sarcophallus posted:

What the gently caress. Casual reminder that this is a child you're talking about.

I'll edit it so nobody else freaks out, but you should actually know what a word means before having a conniption.

edit:VVVV I laughed and assumed it was a joke at first as well, but since this is ADTRW, I'd rather not tempt fate.

hey girl you up fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 7, 2014

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I assume it was a joke. I had the same thought; it's funny. Keep it in, I say.

pincky
Oct 28, 2010
I liked this chapter. This is a weekly manga, so I don't mind the occasional unsignificant chapter. Also the giant pudding looked delicious.
Kayano: Not only good as a supporting role, but also a Pudding-Maniac!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm disappointed there was no Kongou Banchou reference/cameo.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Kayano: Best at Pudding

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

KittenofDoom posted:

Kayano: Best at Pudding

Oko-San would be proud.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

So uh, apparently theres a 1 episode OVA? http://myanimelist.net/anime/19759/Ansatsu_Kyoushitsu

I can't see that anyone has licensed it, so I guess get it from your favourite anime back alley dealer, but should be interesting to see Korosensei animated.

Holy Christ, Nagisa even sounds like a girl (and is voiced by a lady)

Arianya fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 9, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Goddamn, Karasuma doesn't gently caress around :suspense:

Conot posted:

So uh, apparently theres a 1 episode OVA? http://myanimelist.net/anime/19759/Ansatsu_Kyoushitsu

I can't see that anyone has licensed it, so I guess get it from your favourite anime back alley dealer, but should be interesting to see Korosensei animated.

Holy Christ, Nagisa even sounds like a girl (and is voiced by a lady)

Yeah, it came a few months ago. It was even linked in the thread iirc.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Karasuma's amazing, goddamn. Karma realising the hidden trap in Korosensei not moving from the jail... man, it's "just" a game, but it doesn't feel like one. And I mean that in the best way possible. :swoon:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Good god there's no mercy

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

boredsatellite posted:

Good god there's no mercy

At some point you have to start feeling bad for Bitch-sensei. No matter how hard she tries Karasuma just isn't interested.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I would read the poo poo out of a buddy cop manga staring Karasuma and Korosensei.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Freerunning. There's another element that just had to show up eventually. The artist did a really good job showing the motion efficiently. I really cannot wait to see this miniarc animated.

It sure is hard to describe this series succinctly. Most of the time it falls under the school life genre, but really it's more like it's in its own subgenre: supremely awesome school life.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
Assassination Classroom Apologizes For Printing Error on Characters' Bra Sizes

Dear lord, I just have to post this link before I forget about it. :japan: Be warned, there are minor spoilers ahead from the untranslated chapter 83. No plot details, but it does include a panel from the chapter which shows a page from a notebook with no dialogue or text other than characters' names, and a few "notes".

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-03-20/assassination-classroom-apologizes-for-printing-error-on-characters-bra-sizes

quote:

Some fans reacted on Twitter with consternation. "This is a grievous error," "This is too important," and "This is horrible" were among the responses. @wamtst was not surprised, considering that Rinka would have trouble shooting with a D-cup. He or she also wondered what Nagisa's size is (Nagisa is a male character, albeit a rather androgynous one).

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Chapter 82

Korosensei going all (corrupted) :cop: on us

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Updated list of Korosensei's "weaknesses":

1. He lets his guard down when he tries to act cool.
2. He is surprisingly quick to panic.
3. He is petty.
4. His punches are weak.
5. He can't resist boobs.
6. He is humble and subservient to his superiors.
7. He has no patience for wire puzzles.
8. He gets motion sickness.
9. He can't sleep on a pillow other than his own.
10. He worries about appearances.
11. He can't handle hot food.
12. His head swells up to 33% larger when he gets wet.
13. He craves juicy gossip.
14. Hackneyed plot developments make him cry.
15. He gets taken in by rumors.
16. The time right after molting.
17. The time right after regeneration.
18. His body goes rigid when bathed in a special beam of light.
19. When he returns to normal after a serious situation, he gets embarrassed.
20. He can only draw simple pictures.
21. He's susceptible to heat fatigue.
22. He's very strict about poolside manner.
23. He can't swim.
24. He gives up on his dreams easily.
25. He is weak against the occult.
26. If he can't gather people, he feels worthless.
27. Tone-deafness.
28. He sucks at hiding.
29. Gets carried away by official positions.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 23, 2014

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I like that his newest weakness is completely in line with everything we've seen from him so far.

Being a teacher is also a position of authority, and he does the hell out of it.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
All those ways they escaped from jail were hilarious.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I wanna spinoff Korocop series now.

(Not really, just the occasional 4-panel gag thing at the end of chapters would be cool though)

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
So, does anyone remember Takuya Muramatsu? He's one of Terasaka's satellites, the blond one with the overbite. The only time he really does anything is chapter 46. I just got my hands on volume 6, and am working on the extras in it, and it says this in his mini-profile:

Mini-profile page:
-Muramatsu Takuya
Surprisingly, he's the most skilled student with cooking. During home ec, lightning flashes between him and top girl Hara-san.

Didn't expect that. So, that's two new specialties for the chart.

Hara Sumire: Cooking (girls)
Muramatsu Takuya: Cooking (overall)
(And this one) Kayano Kaede: Logistical organization

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montegoraon posted:

So, does anyone remember Takuya Muramatsu? He's one of Terasaka's satellites, the blond one with the overbite. The only time he really does anything is chapter 46. I just got my hands on volume 6, and am working on the extras in it, and it says this in his mini-profile:

Mini-profile page:
-Muramatsu Takuya
Surprisingly, he's the most skilled student with cooking. During home ec, lightning flashes between him and top girl Hara-san.

Didn't expect that. So, that's two new specialties for the chart.

Hara Sumire: Cooking (girls)
Muramatsu Takuya: Cooking (overall)
(And this one) Kayano Kaede: Logistical organization

Alright, gonna update the chart by the weekend.

By "lightning flashes", does it mean Takuya and Hara view each other as competitors in cooking, or that there are romantic sparks between them?

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 25, 2014

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
The rivalry thing.

Also, there are detailed profiles for Ritsu, Megu and Terasaka. Terasaka, incidentally, has the earliest birthday so far. April 10.

There are some... interesting things in this one.

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
I translated most of the extras from volume 6, covering the pool arc and the beginning of the first term finals (c44-52). It seemed like there was less of it than in previous volumes. I didn't do the SCRAP puzzle, because I want to keep those to myself until I solve them. Here's the full text, with descriptions of some of the accompanying images.

http://pastebin.com/L8CP4LwR

Some highlights: The names of those two guys from the main school who show up now and then have been revealed. The pimply one is named Tanaka Nobuta (田中 信太), and the one with a face like a flattened horse is Takada Chousuke (高田 長助). I don't know what connection they have to the 47 ronin, if any. More jokes about Isogai's hair. The only thing they could come up with to describe Kayano is that she named Koro-sensei, and she sits next to Nagisa. And, the mangaka is apparently perfectly aware of how it came across when Terasaka declared Karma his puppetmaster.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

At long last, they're weaponizing Koro-sensei's perviness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KasaiAisu
May 3, 2010

Ask me about zoning laws in videogames
Anti-sensei sheets? Really?

We also know that he can tunnel through dirt with no problems whatsoever so I'm not really on the edge of my seat here.

• Locked thread