Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Hey now, he murdered it with lasers so instead of being pointless it's super cool.

Actually, I believe you'll find that Cyclops does not fire lasers, instead they are force beams which have no heat associated. :flashfact:

Edit: Someone had to take the bait on that one...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Lager posted:

Actually, I believe you'll find that Cyclops does not fire lasers, instead they are force beams which have no heat associated. :flashfact:

Edit: Someone had to take the bait on that one...

So Cyclops can continue not being cool? Phew.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Barney and Clint are dealing with the Russian Bros who want Clint's building, and get a little help from a co-avenger.

Hawkeye #15

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
"This is just hat" sounds like she's supposed to have a thick Russian accent but I didn't think she did. In the modern day, anyway.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Uthor posted:

So Cyclops can continue not being cool? Phew.

He went through some bad times, but I've thought he was cool for the last decade or so. Whedon's run really turned that character around.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sefer posted:

He went through some bad times, but I've thought he was cool for the last decade or so.

He currently goes around with a giant red "X" on his face. I am literally the least cool person that you'll ever meet and I feel completely justified in saying that I am more cool than Cyclops.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

"This is just hat" sounds like she's supposed to have a thick Russian accent but I didn't think she did. In the modern day, anyway.

I like to think she's playing along by adopting a traditional Rusian spy accent.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

$1 Marvel Unlimited means I get to read the best hulk there is :allears:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

MikeJF posted:

Great White Sharks are a protected species. Someone arrest that mutant.

Well, it is an 80s comic, so all he had to do was say it was a robotic shark sent by Arcade at the behest of Sebastian Shaw and all would be forgiven.

Heh, the above reminds me of the Ennis "Confederacy of Dunces" storyline where Banner gets amnesia, is kidnapped by mobsters who try to sell him as a one-time-use WMD, gets 'saved' by Frank, and fed nothing but 'stew' which is chunks of meat amidst chunks of C4 with microdetonators in it, so he can use Hulk to ward off the three-man team of Wolverine, Spidey, and Daredevil finally coming to bring him in, since he knows he can't fight all of them off without having to kill them. Before the Hulk can kill Spidey, he detonates the C4 in Hulk's gut and the pain forces him to turn back into Banner.

He then tells Daredevil to never come after him again or he WILL kill him.

I can't find many panels to post except this one:

Not shown: Wolverine, because the Hulk punched him from Brooklyn to Boston.

Source: Unknown Issue, "Confederacy of Dunces" Punisher TPB

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Mar 5, 2014

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ugh. Yes. There's been so much talk of Carol Danvers that the name overrode "Ferris" in my head.

But yeah, I can see it now (in either case). "You like airplanes too?!?!?!"

I am surprised the author let the candles on Diana's birthday cake go without mention from J'onn.

Carol Danvers has way to much self respect to put up with Hal Jordan's bullshit.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Ghostlight posted:

$1 Marvel Unlimited means I get to read the best hulk there is :allears:

Someone graduated from The Stan Lee school of talking-to-self-narrative.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

xarph posted:

Did... did we manage to get all the way from Wednesday to Monday without anything from Rat Queens #5? :psyduck:

I'm glad someone posted that panel here because I was having a hell of a time trying to resize it without it looking like rear end.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Random Stranger posted:

He currently goes around with a giant red "X" on his face. I am literally the least cool person that you'll ever meet and I feel completely justified in saying that I am more cool than Cyclops.

Leapfrog is cooler than Cyclops.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

(Wonder Woman #300)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sefer posted:

He went through some bad times, but I've thought he was cool for the last decade or so. Whedon's run really turned that character around.

To be fair, most of my X-Men exposure recently is through Chris Sims reviews of the 90's cartoon. Cyclops is the worst.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Uthor posted:

To be fair, most of my X-Men exposure recently is through Chris Sims reviews of the 90's cartoon. Cyclops is the worst.

If you base it off that show then every character is the worst.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

If you base it off that show then every character is the worst.

True, but Gambit is the best at being the worst.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Random Stranger posted:

Sad that knocking X's together with your forearms hasn't caught on in the real world.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

redbackground posted:

Sad that knocking X's together with your forearms hasn't caught on in the real world.

I walk around doing this.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

The Mighty Thor - 475

:pedo:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

redbackground posted:

It only works in comic books and pro wrestling.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

DisMafugga posted:

X-men Classic #80

Original release - The Uncanny X-Men #176

Yow.

Jesus Christ. Who got paid to draw that poo poo? Or ink it even? Because that's hard to look at.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That was John Romita, Jr. He'd collaborated with Paul Smith on a few issues previously, but that was his first solo issue as regular penciller. I'm not sure who inked it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

DisMafugga posted:

The Mighty Thor - 475

:pedo:

"Poor Waif!" says Thor, about a woman so thick she makes Big Barda look like a runway model.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Lurdiak posted:

"Poor Waif!" says Thor, about a woman so thick she makes Big Barda look like a runway model.

To men as swole as Thor everyone is a waif

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

WickedHate posted:

The hat is named Hat.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
There's just something about Loki's expression that keeps cracking me up.

Source is Loki: Agent of Asgard #2

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Is he still closer to Kid Loki than Evil Loki? I'm not looking forward to that guy's return.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It's been Evil Loki all this time. Journey into Mystery ended with Evil Loki taking over Kid Loki's body and destroying his soul or something along those lines.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays as a rogue-ish tweener for a long while. In this case it's one of the pros of the comics following the movies; Tom Hiddleston's Loki is a really fun take on the character and it pretty much toes the line between Kid Loki with a little of his old self thrown in there for ambiguity's sake.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Angry Walrus posted:

It's been Evil Loki all this time. Journey into Mystery ended with Evil Loki taking over Kid Loki's body and destroying his soul or something along those lines.

Hakkesshu posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays as a rogue-ish tweener for a long while. In this case it's one of the pros of the comics following the movies; Tom Hiddleston's Loki is a really fun take on the character - it pretty much toes the line between Kid Loki with a little of his old self thrown in there for ambiguity's sake.

Yeah, I distinctly remember Loki having a scene where he talks with the "ghost" of Kid Loki about how the process had brought him back, but also changed him. Which is fitting with all the overarching "story" themes in the story. This being comic books, Loki will never be permanently "allowed" to be a good guy--but now that Journey into Mystery happened, Kid Loki has become part of the character's mythos.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Angry Walrus posted:

If only it was that simple.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
What we're left with is a largely neutral, true-trickster Loki between Kid Loki and Evil Loki, with actual Evil Loki scheming separately elsewhere presumably looking to give new guy the Kid Loki treatment at the right opportunity.

Speaking of the new issue, loved it all but particularly the "wait, you don't think *I'm* Lor-" "Nah, she sitting over there thinking I'm a 40 something chatting to you" bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He wants to be good so that's why he's the Agent of Asgard and everything, but he also has his urges.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

He wants to be good so that's why he's the Agent of Asgard and everything, but he also has his urges.

So he's Dexter?

poo poo, this can't end well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well so far the urge is just to pull off an awesome heist so we'll get 2 good seasons out of it at least.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Unless I'm reading it wrong, Loki #1 ended with the original Loki as a completely separate, unique entity so Agent Loki isn't that person anymore.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
What that was at the end of Loki #1 is very much a mystery right now.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Thor himself can be a great smartass. I found this on GIS, but I'd love if someone could ID the panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Red posted:

Thor himself can be a great smartass. I found this on GIS, but I'd love if someone could ID the panel.

"Nay, Mjolnir! Bad! Thou art a hammer, thy shoes will not even fit!"

• Locked thread