Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Synnr posted:

As a different issue, does anyone use Frostfall, Hunterborn and RND? I think their interaction is the issue where I can't seem to make leather anymore. It is strange.

Far as I know, none of those mods interfere with leather crafting. Are you running any sort of crafting overhaul or item sorting mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

Specifically, when someone's disposition toward you is high enough you pretty much have free reign to take anything below 50 gold in value. I figured this out when doing a radiant quest involving Farengar and Arcadia and I was using Alchemy to make quick money early in the game. After completing it I could take about 3/4 of the poo poo in her Alchemy shop.

Huh, I don't remember that happening in the xbox version. Welp, time to rob the joint!

Scyantific posted:

Far as I know, none of those mods interfere with leather crafting. Are you running any sort of crafting overhaul or item sorting mod?

Not as far as I recall, but I think I just ran into some oddities with multiple items sharing names and models. I spent some time gutting/skinning animals and I think perhaps some of the product just isn't usable to make leather (but can be for making cleaned pelts). I guess I'll just be looting and then skinning the furry dudes. Maybe if I see it happen again I'll try to message the guy.

e; Oops, Monster Hunter (or maybe just Hunterborn?) broke Mirmulnir, thats no good!

Synnr fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 4, 2014

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So coming back after release to a modded Skyrim.

I tend not to overmod, so after a quick glance at the OP, I'm mainly just interested in the run for your life/morrowloot/thieves guild start things for the sake of QoL/personal preference. Outside of that, I'm mainly looking for mods that improve the Civil War aspect of the game, and maybe a few good content packs ( sounds like Falskarr, Moonpath, and the two Trainwiz mods would be good? ). I always felt the Civil War could have used a bit more "oomph" to it at release.

A few quick searches on the Nexus shows only Warzones, and Civil War Overhaul. Warzones isn't what I want at all ( throwing hundreds of random soldiers into the mix wouldn't make things more compelling. ), and CWO SOUNDS like what I'd want, but the mod description has me worried. Curious if any goons have experience with either, or if there are better options out there.

Outside of the Civil War, I've always been bothered that Kvatch/Helgen never get touched by the base game, so I loved the Kvatch Rebuilt mod. Apparently there is a Helgen Reborn mod on the Nexus, but it's got all this talk of slaves and gladiatorial matches, which again has me worried on the quality front. Kvatch Rebuilt went a little over the top itself, but at least pretended to maintain the feel of Oblivion.

And uh, lastly, I love Keeps. Particularly Keeps like Crossroads Keep in NWN2, that allowed you to spend money to upgrade it/find ore to upgrade your guards armor/weapons. Anything like that in Skyrim?

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Nah, Helgen Reborn is solid.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Does anyone have the Dual Sheathe Redux meshes for Jaysus Swords handy? It's not on the Nexus any more.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Nah, Helgen Reborn is solid.

Echoing this. Just going through it for the first time and it owns bones. There's your usual grimdark bullshit (Thalmor murdering someone's family, etc) but it's overall very good. Also, gives you another reason to murder thalmor by the dozens.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Does Helgen Reborn play nice with Random Alternate Start? When I had it before the readme only noted Live Another Life compatibility I think.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The lootification.xml from Agents are a GO! had some incorrect XML syntax. I've corrected it, and uploaded it to http://pastebin.com/8jQCctUc.

What was wrong was that some rows ended as ...type="armor"/>. i corrected these to ...type="armor"></item>.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

epitasis posted:

Does Helgen Reborn play nice with Random Alternate Start? When I had it before the readme only noted Live Another Life compatibility I think.

I've used them together a bunch of times, though I always leave Helgen Reborn unchecked until after the bandits show up at Helgen.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Rookersh posted:

And uh, lastly, I love Keeps. Particularly Keeps like Crossroads Keep in NWN2, that allowed you to spend money to upgrade it/find ore to upgrade your guards armor/weapons. Anything like that in Skyrim?

Castle Stonespire and Grayhill Keep are both good, criminally underrated mods along those lines - they're not totally over the top like your overwrought Deus Mons or dwemer airships - they feel more like the house DLCs from Oblivion, especially Castle Stonespire. You don't just get a fully-stocked and decorated house dropped in your lap, there is a small boss fight and questlet that provides background on the history of each location, and then you can buy the upgrades for each location at prices comparable to vanilla. My only criticism is that the author staffed them with a bunch of followers, which is extraneous - I look for castle and house mods like this to have a place to base my followers, not to pick up more. That said, the followers are also as tastefully done as the rest of the keep - no bikini-babes lounging around here - and the rest of the keeps are solid, immersive, and tastefully done. The author did a few other house mods but Grayhill and Stonespire are the only ones where he experimented with background quests or upgradeability - it's too bad he hasn't made more like them.

Legend of the Eagle's Nest is a bit more well-known and also pretty good. It's upgradeable like Stonespire and Grayhill, though, annoyingly, it does come stocked with a lot of items in its first-found state; it also leans on immobile statics for a lot of its decoration after you've restored it. That said, it's still nicely decorated, cozy, and as they say in real estate, it's got location, location, location - overlooking Riverwood and Whiterun Hold. BOSS tells me there is a Navmesh problem with the mod as downloaded, but it is apparently an easily-fixed issue and I've not noticed any serious problems in spite of it.

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 4, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Rookersh posted:

So coming back after release to a modded Skyrim.

I tend not to overmod, so after a quick glance at the OP, I'm mainly just interested in the run for your life/morrowloot/thieves guild start things for the sake of QoL/personal preference. Outside of that, I'm mainly looking for mods that improve the Civil War aspect of the game, and maybe a few good content packs ( sounds like Falskarr, Moonpath, and the two Trainwiz mods would be good? ). I always felt the Civil War could have used a bit more "oomph" to it at release.

A few quick searches on the Nexus shows only Warzones, and Civil War Overhaul. Warzones isn't what I want at all ( throwing hundreds of random soldiers into the mix wouldn't make things more compelling. ), and CWO SOUNDS like what I'd want, but the mod description has me worried. Curious if any goons have experience with either, or if there are better options out there.

Outside of the Civil War, I've always been bothered that Kvatch/Helgen never get touched by the base game, so I loved the Kvatch Rebuilt mod. Apparently there is a Helgen Reborn mod on the Nexus, but it's got all this talk of slaves and gladiatorial matches, which again has me worried on the quality front. Kvatch Rebuilt went a little over the top itself, but at least pretended to maintain the feel of Oblivion.

I had a lot of issues with CWO. :/

edit:

Ynglaur posted:

The lootification.xml from Agents are a GO! had some incorrect XML syntax. I've corrected it, and uploaded it to http://pastebin.com/8jQCctUc.

What was wrong was that some rows ended as ...type="armor"/>. i corrected these to ...type="armor"></item>.

Hah, that's in the armonizer entries which I didn't do. :smuggo:

Thank you though, added to my Lootification.xml for the next time I have 20 minutes to kill running it. :smithicide:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 4, 2014

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
When the SPERG version of Allure says that it grants the Lover's Comfort bonus, does that mean that you get a permanent +15% to skill learning regardless of whether you've slept or whether you're a werewolf?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Agents are GO! posted:

I had a lot of issues with CWO

Could you elaborate? I was about to start setting up a new mod playthrough and was planning on including CWO, but this will be a large mod list and CWO is one on the chopping block if I get issues.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Amergin posted:

Could you elaborate? I was about to start setting up a new mod playthrough and was planning on including CWO, but this will be a large mod list and CWO is one on the chopping block if I get issues.

Judging from the digging I did earlier, it was basically broken until about December. He got it working, but it still has a number of issues. The biggest is a bunch of conflicts with the Unofficial Skyrim Patch, since it changes a number of values he used around Solitude. Basically if you get pushed back to Solitude as Imperials, the Imperials will turn hostile on you, so you have to use a console command to fix it ( because Unofficial Patch tweaks a number of values around there, and the only reason you'd be in Solitude with Civil War up is as a Stormcloak, so the UOP sets you as a Stormcloak. ).

There's also a number of just basic scripting issues you need to reload for. Almost all of them can be fixed by saving prior to entering the camp/city to talk to people, and reload if the script breaks. No idea how common these are anymore, because most are from comments around June/July/August. It's still at the "volatile, so other content mods that tweak cities/areas fights happen on can break it easily" stage basically.

He's putting out another huge patch for it in a week + that should fix stuff, maybe. Or break things further who knows. If you really want to use it, it seems like it'd be best to either just wait the week to see how things go, or do a fresh install of just essential UI/balance stuff and it, then after you clear it install the rest of your mods.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Thanks for the info. One of the things I was worried about is I'm using a plethora of mods to enhance the various cities, so I was worried CWO might conflict.

Can you (or anyone else) recommend any other mods that beef up the Civil War that don't conflict as much? I think I have Populated Civil War somewhere but apart from that I don't think I have anything else affecting it apart from collateral from city tweaks/enhancements.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Naturally Selected posted:

Echoing this. Just going through it for the first time and it owns bones. There's your usual grimdark bullshit (Thalmor murdering someone's family, etc) but it's overall very good. Also, gives you another reason to murder thalmor by the dozens.
It is a pretty outstanding mod, except for one thing: Korst's voice acting.

Also, Stadomaar goddamn :stonk:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
This ENB lark....

quote:

INSTALLATION

- ENB Series v0.221, please download the binary files at http://enbdev.com/mod_tesskyrim_v0221.htm and extract d3d9.dll to your Skyrim folder (where TESV.exe is located). Overwrite if asked.

- Download my mod and extract the files from the "main files" folder to your Skyrim folder (where TESV.exe is located). Overwrite if asked.

NOTE: Please use the files from the "performance options" folders instead of choosing to enable/disable a feature manually. Each one has been specially tweaked to give the best result. Copy the file of your choice to your Skyrim folder (where TESV.exe is located). Overwrite if asked.

I assume the bolded bit means I'm only putting the enb ini file into the main program directory?

and should I always use the version of enb mentioned in the mods instructions?

WastedJoker fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 4, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

WastedJoker posted:

This ENB lark....

I assume the bolded bit means I'm only putting the enb ini file into the main program directory?

and should I always use the version of enb mentioned in the mods instructions?

Yeah. From your quote I'm assuming you're using ProjectENB, so each of the performance options has only one file (enbseries.ini). That should be the only thing you're switching around when changing performance profiles. And yeah, it's best if you use the specific binaries that the modder asks for.

Quift
May 11, 2012
I might have overmodded a bit. I had a stable install but it has started to ctd now. I didn't install something new, so I have played this setup from tthe start.

Now I'm looking to remove mods to maybe lighten the load order a bit, and was wondering which of these I could untick in MO without any expected troubles.

Which ones are safe to unninstall mid game?

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
AemersRefuge.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
JSwords.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
moonpath.esm
SPERG.esm
SPIKE.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
AOS.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
AK- Placeable Statics.esp
AK- Placeable Statics - Hearthfire.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
KaceAutoloot.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
College_of_Winterhold_Shop_Fixes_and_Extras.esp
GypsyEyesCaravan.esp
HARODATH_ImmersiveSoulgems.esp
HoldBorderBanners.esp
Immersive Battles.esp
Immersive Dawnguard.esp
Immersive Dragonborn.esp
Immersive Factions.esp
Immersive Mercenaries.esp
Immersive Patrols.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
Immersive Werewolves.esp
manny Lantern Caretakers.esp
MVABasic.esp
PassiveWeaponEnchantmentRecharging.esp
Point The Way.esp
Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins.esp
Populated Forts Towers Places.esp
Populated Lands Roads Paths.esp
Populated Prisons.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
WetandCold.esp
Mark Books as Read.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
LessIntrusiveHUD.esp
SkyrimConfigMenu.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
Apex Werewolf.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - No Imperial.esp
Cloaks - Player Only.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp
1nivWICCloaksNoGuards.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
Daedric Dawnbreaker.esp
DwarvenMech.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
imperialrobes.esp
JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp
mmmoveablesachel.esp
OMageReplacerPack.esp
On Dragon Tongue.esp
PIVariety.esp
Raven Witch Armor.esp
stormcloakrobes.esp
TorchArrow.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
UniqueBows.esp
warmagearmor.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
Dr_BandolierDG.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
AemersRefuge-DG-DB.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
CWIDawnguardPatch.esp
CWIDragonbornPatch.esp
RIC_Dawnstar.esp
FCKagrenacsInstantFortress.esp
Markarth_plus.esp
middenexpanded.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
MzarkWonders.esp
NoRoadPredators.esp
OBIS.esp
OBISDB.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
Sepredia.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
whiterunMarket.esp
winterhold_improvements.esp
Morrowloot.esp
360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp
Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Book Covers Dawnguard.esp
Book Covers Hearthfire.esp
Book Covers Dragonborn.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
EBS - Ammo.esp
EBS - Food (Vanilla Weight).esp
EBS - Ingredients (Weightless).esp
EBS - Misc.esp
EBS - Potions (Light Weight).esp
EBS - Soul Gems (Numbered).esp
EBS - Spells.esp
FireAndIceOverhaul.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Headtracking.esp
ImmersiveFP.esp
Proper Aiming.esp
RealisticHumanoidMovementSpeed.esp
Rebirth Monster.esp
SkyFalls - Distant Waterfall Overhaul.esp
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-TimingIsEverythingPatch.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
VariousGuardReplacer.esp
wizDynamicThings.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
ETaC - Darkwater Crossing.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
ETaC - Ivarstead.esp
ETaC - Kynesgrove.esp
ETaC - Riverwood.esp
ETaC - Rorikstead.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
ImpeREAL Empire - Unique Cities - Falkreath.esp
Morthal walls.esp
RiftenThiefEdition.esp
WhiterunAlivePiano.esp
DawnofWindhelm.esp
Populated Cities 2.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Moonpath.esp
AOS_CoT 3.1 compatibility patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-3.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
BuryTheDead.esp
Dwemerverse - Dwarven Magic Package.esp
MasterTheTimeAndSpaceTOGGLE.esp
SmartCast_1_0.esp
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-BetterStealthAIPatch.esp
CombatDramaOverhaul.esp
DeadlyCombat.esp
DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix.esp
DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
SPERG.esp
SPERG Weapons and Armor Complete.esp
vImmersiveBeds.esp
vImmersiveBeds - HFDG.esp
Resplendent - The Races Package.esp
3DNPC.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
HothFollower.esp
Inigo.esp
Atvir.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Skyrim Unbound.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive - ELnFX Patch.esp
CWIOpulentOutfitsPatch.esp
DeadlyCombat_ASIS_Patch.esp
AOS_CTD_Fix.esp
AlternativeCraftingSystem.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Equipping Overhaul.esp
Vivid Landscapes.esp
CCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp
CCO_SIC_Patch.esp
Apocalypse - SPERG Compatibility Patch.esp
Complete crafting clothes and robes.esp
KnapsackEnhanced.esp
HeljarchenFarm.esp
SleepTight.esp
KingdomOfForsworn.esp
HEIMSKR_FOREVER.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
ASIS.esp

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Quift posted:

I might have overmodded a bit. I had a stable install but it has started to ctd now. I didn't install something new, so I have played this setup from tthe start.

Now I'm looking to remove mods to maybe lighten the load order a bit, and was wondering which of these I could untick in MO without any expected troubles.

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
AemersRefuge.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
ETaC - RESOURCES.esm
JSwords.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
moonpath.esm
SPERG.esm
SPIKE.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
AOS.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp
StaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
AK- Placeable Statics.esp
AK- Placeable Statics - Hearthfire.esp
AMatterOfTime.esp
KaceAutoloot.esp
Birdsofskyrim.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
College_of_Winterhold_Shop_Fixes_and_Extras.esp
GypsyEyesCaravan.esp
HARODATH_ImmersiveSoulgems.esp
HoldBorderBanners.esp
Immersive Battles.esp
Immersive Dawnguard.esp
Immersive Dragonborn.esp
Immersive Factions.esp
Immersive Mercenaries.esp
Immersive Patrols.esp
Immersive Travelers.esp
Immersive Werewolves.esp
manny Lantern Caretakers.esp
MVABasic.esp
PassiveWeaponEnchantmentRecharging.esp
Point The Way.esp
Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins.esp
Populated Forts Towers Places.esp
Populated Lands Roads Paths.esp
Populated Prisons.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
WetandCold.esp
Mark Books as Read.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
SkyUI.esp
iHUD.esp
LessIntrusiveHUD.esp
SkyrimConfigMenu.esp
AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
Apex Werewolf.esp
Cloaks.esp
Cloaks - No Imperial.esp
Cloaks - Player Only.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICCloaksCRAFT.esp
1nivWICCloaksNoGuards.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
Daedric Dawnbreaker.esp
DwarvenMech.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
imperialrobes.esp
JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
LeftHandRings.esp
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp
Medusa and Drakul Armors.esp
mmmoveablesachel.esp
OMageReplacerPack.esp
On Dragon Tongue.esp
PIVariety.esp
Raven Witch Armor.esp
stormcloakrobes.esp
TorchArrow.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
UniqueBows.esp
warmagearmor.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
Dr_BandolierDG.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
AemersRefuge-DG-DB.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
CWIDawnguardPatch.esp
CWIDragonbornPatch.esp
RIC_Dawnstar.esp
FCKagrenacsInstantFortress.esp
Markarth_plus.esp
middenexpanded.esp
moonpath_questdata.esp
MzarkWonders.esp
NoRoadPredators.esp
OBIS.esp
OBISDB.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
Sepredia.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
Thunderchild - Epic Shout Package.esp
whiterunMarket.esp
winterhold_improvements.esp
Morrowloot.esp
360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust.esp
Acquisitive Soul Gems.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp
Book Covers Skyrim.esp
Book Covers Dawnguard.esp
Book Covers Hearthfire.esp
Book Covers Dragonborn.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
EBS - Ammo.esp
EBS - Food (Vanilla Weight).esp
EBS - Ingredients (Weightless).esp
EBS - Misc.esp
EBS - Potions (Light Weight).esp
EBS - Soul Gems (Numbered).esp
EBS - Spells.esp
FireAndIceOverhaul.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Headtracking.esp
ImmersiveFP.esp
Proper Aiming.esp
RealisticHumanoidMovementSpeed.esp
Rebirth Monster.esp
SkyFalls - Distant Waterfall Overhaul.esp
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch.esp
TimingIsEverything.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-TimingIsEverythingPatch.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
VariousGuardReplacer.esp
wizDynamicThings.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
ETaC - Darkwater Crossing.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge.esp
ETaC - Dragon Bridge South.esp
ETaC - Ivarstead.esp
ETaC - Kynesgrove.esp
ETaC - Riverwood.esp
ETaC - Rorikstead.esp
Helgen Reborn.esp
ImpeREAL Empire - Unique Cities - Falkreath.esp
Morthal walls.esp
RiftenThiefEdition.esp
WhiterunAlivePiano.esp
DawnofWindhelm.esp
Populated Cities 2.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Moonpath.esp
AOS_CoT 3.1 compatibility patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-3.esp
CoT-WeatherPatch.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
BuryTheDead.esp
Dwemerverse - Dwarven Magic Package.esp
MasterTheTimeAndSpaceTOGGLE.esp
SmartCast_1_0.esp
Better Stealth AI for Followers.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-BetterStealthAIPatch.esp
CombatDramaOverhaul.esp
DeadlyCombat.esp
DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix.esp
DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
SPERG.esp
SPERG Weapons and Armor Complete.esp
vImmersiveBeds.esp
vImmersiveBeds - HFDG.esp
Resplendent - The Races Package.esp
3DNPC.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
HothFollower.esp
Inigo.esp
Atvir.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Skyrim Unbound.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
WATER.esp
WATER Plants.esp
WATER DG.esp
WATER DB Waves.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive - ELnFX Patch.esp
CWIOpulentOutfitsPatch.esp
DeadlyCombat_ASIS_Patch.esp
AOS_CTD_Fix.esp
AlternativeCraftingSystem.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
Equipping Overhaul.esp
Vivid Landscapes.esp
CCO_Frostfall_Patch.esp
CCO_SIC_Patch.esp
Apocalypse - SPERG Compatibility Patch.esp
Complete crafting clothes and robes.esp
KnapsackEnhanced.esp
HeljarchenFarm.esp
SleepTight.esp
KingdomOfForsworn.esp
HEIMSKR_FOREVER.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
ASIS-Dependency.esp
ASIS.esp

Well, generally you don't want uninstall mods mod game, especially the script-heavy kind that impact performance.

That being said, I noticed a few things:

On both Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Cpming, you only generally need one of the provided esp files.

With Immersive Armors, the "Eckstra" esp is unnecessary if you're using MO, which you are. It's just there to make sure the Eckstra BSA is loaded.

You probably will want to be using a TES5edit merged patch instead of or in addition to a Bashed patch. Merged Patches solve more conflicts than bashed ones, in my experience.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Ynglaur posted:

Does anyone have the Dual Sheathe Redux meshes for Jaysus Swords handy? It's not on the Nexus any more.

I found a copy of it here. Also, if you aren't already, you might want to keep an eye on Equipping Overhaul. The mod author is working on a new version that will do everything Dual Sheath Redux does without the need for mesh packs. The current version is pretty buggy, though, so you'll probably want to stick with DSR for now.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Equipping Overhaul is pretty great.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Since we're talking about things that have disappeared off the nexus, does anyone have the Automatic Variants pack for SkyMoMod?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
My immersion is augmented :smaug:

You'd think forcing first-person perspective on horses would be poo poo like in Oblivion but I'm finding it makes mounted combat a little easier.

Peering over my orc bard-barian's shoulder with lute, sword and quiver visible.

Entertaining the inn with a classy instrumental version of the chicken dance. No joke. Though for some reason Become a Bard isn't showing up on the Nexus right now, even though I downloaded it just the other week. Any idea?

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
ENB is making my AMD 290x card Gray Screen of Death like every 30 minutes of gameplay. :cry:

Burns
May 10, 2008

Just finished playing Wyrmstooth and Moonpath. Moonpath is interesting, but kind of eh. I was more far impressed with Wyrmstooth.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Anybody dug up a mod like this http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mod...review%3D&pUp=1 that isn't no longer supported and apparently reliant on a pair of "maybe THIS will make it work!" patches?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

If there are any scripts I'm usually fairly wary of using anything left un-updated since 2012, but that might just be superstition.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Where do the STEP Core Patch.esp or STEP Extended Patch.esp belong in a load order? (I understand I only need one, and not both).

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Has anyone used SkyTEST Realistic Animals and Predators? Seems pretty interesting. Just looking for a good animal mod in general.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10175/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D10175&pUp=1

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Mustang posted:

Has anyone used SkyTEST Realistic Animals and Predators? Seems pretty interesting. Just looking for a good animal mod in general.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/10175/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D10175&pUp=1

It's decent, although it has a good chance of loving up the intro, it places a spawn point way too near the cart path.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can anyone recommend a good sneak mod? Nothing on Nexus seems to do it right. Something that would allow for stealth kills/hiding bodies so that others don't notice? Vanilla kind of annoys me when you do a stealth takedown and the guy 50 feet away looking the other direction immediately spots you.

SergZpartan
Jun 20, 2008

Quift posted:

# STUFF

Get BOSS for skyrim http://boss-developers.github.io/ , not only will it generate a load order, it will automatically set that load order up and tell you if your going to CTD (check the Summary and Recognised Plugins tabs) I had a similar issue and it turned out a single updated//corrupted file was responsible.

If you DO decide to start removing mods, stuff everything in your inventory in a chest and make sure your in a vanilla game area, like whiterun.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Mustang posted:

I think it's fantastic if you're looking to overhaul the more mundane wildlife in the game. Between the changes to animal behavior and its own additions (ducks, roosters, chicks, new skins, etc.) it really refreshes everything. That said, the amount of spawns may turn you off. It adds some spawn points of its own and makes wolves spawn in whole packs, so it could get a little out of hand in the more open areas. It's pretty much a must-have in my own load order, though.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Mustang posted:

I found in terms of animal/bandit interaction, it turns Skyrim into Far Cry 3. In other words, it owns.
e: on the other hand I saw a whole orc settlement get slaughtered by a pack of sabercats because some other NPCs wandered through and left the gate open :(

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Saint Sputnik posted:

e: on the other hand I saw a whole orc settlement get slaughtered by a pack of sabercats because some other NPCs wandered through and left the gate open :(

So what you're saying is that it makes it exactly like Far Cry 3?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

It's decent, although it has a good chance of loving up the intro, it places a spawn point way too near the cart path.
I learned that the hard way. Apparently there's a line in the read me that asks you to leave it deactivated at the start of a game. Then play the intro, go through the keep, follow Hadvar or Ralof to wherever you're supposed to, and create a new save. Then exit the game, activate the mod, and load up your game.

It works pretty drat well, especially combined with Realistic Wildlife Loot.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Finally got Skyrim to start, fully modded with STEP Extended plus a bunch of quests, ASIS, Lootification, weapon/armor mods that have both Lootification and DSR entries, SPERG, Hunterborn, RND. I was feeling pretty smug as the cart trundled down the path...and then got a CTD.

Apparently STEP is right that mods should be added slowly, over time.

Back to STEP Extended + SPERG tonight. Let's see if I can get just that running. Someday maybe I'll actually play this game.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Saint Sputnik posted:

I found in terms of animal/bandit interaction, it turns Skyrim into Far Cry 3. In other words, it owns.

You just sold me on that mod, sounds badass. Do towns like Riverwood ever get wiped out by animals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
I'm having a really weird problem. Every now and then, especially during combat, equipping my Detect Life spell with a hotkey slows my FPS to a crawl. It's fixed easily enough by alt-tabbing out and then going back in, so it's not a huge deal, but I'm still curious as to what might be causing this. It only happens with Detect Life, and only when I use a hotkey to equip it. Any ideas on why the hell this happens? I'm using More Hotkeys Please, if that means anything.

• Locked thread