Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Dr. Video Games 0081 posted:

Casting the Sluggo-Nancy relationship in explicitly romantic terms is hosed up. Just let those kids be kids, in my opinion.

It's also creepy that the bear seems to be admitting to being IN love with her (as opposed to just loving her as a friend or guardian or whatever). Regardless, the whole sad-eyed passive bear thing is beyond creepy anyway.

God, Luann sucks. I'm not saying the kid isn't a demanding little hellspawn, but she's probably that way because she gets shunted around and ignored a lot. Now she's with two people she really likes, and they can't give her any attention at all. Get her started on a game or something! Talk to each other after she gets engrossed in a movie or goes to bed or whatever. She'll get interested in something and then you can finish exchanging firehouse gossip. Jesus Christ.

At least Scary Gary is supposed to be creepy and off-putting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Quincy is still celebrating Christmas.

Office Hours is deep in 1965.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

No good Rockabillies!

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

You're missing the important thing: she stole your chair Gil.

Retail

Wow Marla must have really drunk the Kool-aid if she's calling her store a joyful, fine establishment. Stuart would be really proud of you Marla.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Skip actually sticks around when someone's vacuuming the room?

Dustin

To be fair, Ed ate about 90% of it.

On the Fastrack

Sweet briefcase.

Safe Havens

Crash the drone into the hunters. It's not like they know it's just a surveillance drone.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I don't believe you *haven't* been doing it on purpose. t:mad:

To be honest, I scroll past most of the comics posted in this thread. I come here for the edits and the discussion, the actual comics I read on Comics Kingdom and GoComics, so I mostly don't notice which comics are regularly posted here or who posts them. I think the thread would actually be better if people didn't post a set list of current strips every day and just posted whatever was interesting or noteworthy. Stuff like Modesty Blaise is different because it's not readily available elsewhere, but the stuff that's available for free online seems pretty pointless to repost here unless there's some specific reason for doing so.

That's what I do. If I see something I think is worthy of discussion or that I think people who don't regularly read it might like to see then I'll post that, the only thing I post every week regardless is classic Mandrake Sundays, and just because someone asked for them to be posted and they're only available to paid Comics Kingdom members.

Ockhams Crowbar posted:

I dunno, this got a chuckle out of me, but then I usually find Non Sequitur funny. Maybe my sense of humor is defective.

Yep.

Some Guy TT posted:

Oh god yes this, so many times this. The worst of it is that Nancy isn't the only one that does it, way too often creepy romances are shoehorned into shows that are explicitly about elementary school students. Or babies. drat you 90's Nickelodeon! It worked with Rocko because they were all adults!

I refuse to watch any show (or episode) about children having romantic relationships. It's creepy and weird and I wish TV writers would just stop it.

Some Guy TT posted:

Eyebeam

I'd have about the same reaction, but mostly out of shock that someone would buy tickets without confirming a date first. Do people really do that?

There are plenty of ways this could happen. Maybe the tickets were free and she just figured she'd find someone to go with. Maybe the show isn't doing well and they were really cheap so she decided to chance it. Maybe she had intended to go with someone but circumstances changed after she bought the tickets.

Julet Esqu posted:

And now for more 2010 Spidey!

I love it. The theatre just accepted payment in lumps of gold. No one thought it was suspicious that anyone would want to pay that way; in a world full of super-villains, who else is likely to pay in gold nuggets? Is the theatre knowingly and happily letting super-villains attend? And you'd have to assume that those nuggets are probably stolen.

Beetle Bailey

Blondie

Crock

Her hair is not visible!

Curtis

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

The plural is "Lego blocks"! :argh:

Fok_It

I'm sure there's a profound message in there somewhere

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

tiistai posted:

Fok_It

I love this comic. I can't tell if the author is insane or smart, so good.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

tiistai posted:

Fok_It

Well, who hasn't that happened to?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was just teasing anyways, Tiggum. You're OK by me. :3:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Momma

So he's still her boyfriend.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Wait... She shot you in the forehead with a nail gun, and then attempted to murder you with a letter opener, and her being tased was "horrible to watch"? I've never been, and really don't plan to be, in that situation, but I think I may've reacted more like YEEEEAAAHAHHHHH!! :rock:

Jane's World

I don't blame you one bit, Alexa. drat, I want a Microbus so bad.

Non Sequitur

That's actually fairly benign compared to how I've seen some cubicles decorated in the past.

Heavenly Nostrils is still a day off, so here's yesterday's.

Wow. I just heard the bully say that line sounding like "Muscle Man". Weird.

Kliban

9 Chickweed Lane 3/5/2003

Nope, I don't know :wtf:, either.

Zits

Yep, I'm guilty. :words: My kids tell me I repeat poo poo too. I just tell them that it's a conditioned response from them never listening to me in the first place. :v:

Kevin & Kell

Holbrook... :sigh:

Nemi

:)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac Squeaks

The Creeps suffer from the heartbreak of dialog hair.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 15, 1926)

It never occurred to him that he might be judged on fences, too.

Peanuts gives us Charlie Brown's life in a nutshell. (March 8, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean gives us a triumphant shrug.

Popeye

Sounds like the judge is an Army man.

Rip Haywire

Pogo (March 7, 1956)

Fall on him, Owl! That'll teach him!

Out Our Way (July 25-26, 1924)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

I love this comic. I can't tell if the author is insane or smart, so good.

Smart and possibly insane. The best kind of person.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Nope, I don't know :wtf:, either.

I believe the battleaxe, depicted literally here, objects to Brooke's Mary Sue getting attention from her husband. Superlative Girl is going to regulate and then keep flirting with the old man.

Pretty gross.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The Grizzwells

I know it's a cliche to say it at this point, but I swear Calvin and Hobbes did this exact joke.

Also, we've got a sharp one in the comments section:

Yeah. Yea... yes. Thank you. Uh huh, that's... that's it, all right.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Mark Trail

Everything really wrapped up nicely. Ooh, much quicker than usual.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

GOLF JOKES

I don't know why Grandpa jumped 3 feet backwards while swinging. That's not very good form.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Dude's mixing his late night movies.

ACK

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Look out, Head Comics is WACKY!

And then there's Health Capsules, which is exactly what I would want to find in the comics section if I subscribed to newspapers.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I was just teasing anyways, Tiggum. You're OK by me. :3:

I was really just taking the opportunity to espouse my vision for the Perfect Comics Strip Thread.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Cul-de-sac Squeaks

The Creeps suffer from the heartbreak of dialog hair.

Speaking of perfection, these two comics may be it. They're certainly not the only comics I like, but Cul De Sac and The Creeps are really, really good.

I love this strip so much. Mark discovers something suspicious, and totally ignores it and carries on. Brilliant.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The control group, which got a different kind of x-ray that serves the same diagnostic purpose, or none at all? You may not have the option. Also, how did they set that up, because it wasn't "give these 100 people the x-ray and don't give it to those 100, and we'll get back to them in a few years." They have to have used existing records. How did they rule out other factors?
Increased risk in what timespan, anyway?

Stupid comic strip needs citations is what I'm saying.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nikaer Drekin posted:

The Grizzwells

I know it's a cliche to say it at this point, but I swear Calvin and Hobbes did this exact joke.
Yes it did, almost panel for panel.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
September 10th, 1988.

Not a big fan of the whole "[other comic] did it first/better!" thing but it actually did stand out to me, too. (It has to be said that this version really does work a lot better, unless Tucker is terribly misusing that armchair.)

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Reply All

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Thanks for posting The Little King. It's fantastic.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

The driver could not have taken the passenger to the destination she had told him if he couldn't hear, and if he didn't look at her, he could not have read her lips.

Slylock Fox

The liberal brigade demanding that Shady update his lights from outdated incandescents to government-approved CFLs?

Moose and Molly

Ugh, Mimi, don't let your mom make all the decisions. That's one slippery slope you don't want to get started on.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

The liberal brigade demanding that Shady update his lights from outdated incandescents to government-approved CFLs?

They'll say it's the broken glass, but Shady swept it up in order to make sure no-one got hurt, since everyone goes barefoot. Shady's a good neighbour.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
What's missing is the reason a detective was genuinely needed for a dispute over a dollar's worth of light bulb.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Because her son has a limp wrist and couldn't throw for poo poo.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

September 10th, 1988.

Not a big fan of the whole "[other comic] did it first/better!" thing but it actually did stand out to me, too. (It has to be said that this version really does work a lot better, unless Tucker is terribly misusing that armchair.)

Also, it actually makes sense and is funny and stuff.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moominmamma's Punishment

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Ahahaha, look at this poo poo. There really isn't any other word that properly describes it. There's the complete lack of perspective, the "background," the usual lazy copy/past art that's somehow WORSE than normal (the gently caress is up with his nose?), the failure to properly draw anything on the table, and to cap it all off "aw crap, I don't know how to draw this guy from behind, oh well, no one will notice/care anyways." It's masterful in it's complete inability to succeed in anything it attempts to be.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

He's grabbing his chest. The heart attack is already starting.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mister Kingdom posted:

In his effort to move all those large crates over 30 'lanes' plugger dog throws out his back, his boss screws him over on the workman's comp claim and plugger dog does indeed lose the shirt off his back. A pro-union cartoon.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

The Little King

Look, I understand that a king can't just go out and watch the latest romantic comedy in a theater because the local tabloids would go hog wild, but is building a secret entrance, a secret mining track/rollercoaster and a secret canal that leads to the movie theater really easier than waiting for the DVD? Hell, I'll bet the producer will mail you a copy ahead of schedule if you ask since you're the king!

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Jim's Journal

Really? I'm never not doing that. Guess I'd better not look for a copy shop job.

Krazy Kat

Jack Handey, eat your heart out.

Classic Mandrake

Hook, line, and sinker.

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future

The Crypts can't see them, but they pass through this part of space regularly, presumably in perfect safety. So is going out and blasting them with disintegrator beams really necessary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Mister Kingdom posted:

Looks more like Plugger pawns off his work to younger worker then takes credit for moving the boxes, he is still "downsized" three months later.

• Locked thread