Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Just popping in to say Carranger is still incredibly, incredibly funny and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Rei_ posted:

Just popping in to say Carranger is still incredibly, incredibly funny and good.

It's awesome that HaroRangers has started up again, I had written it off in my mind as abandoned.

Hopefully the projects GUIS were working on get started up again soon. Last I heard they have a dire need of timers.

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007

Rei_ posted:

gently caress yes it is! *hi 5*

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Toot toot, traindick.

This post made me laugh incredibly hard. If I didn't already like ToQger I would start watching it based on this.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Tae posted:

You know, I don't anyone here would call Gokaiger a subtle show by any means, but comparisons are a funny thing when the other can't shut up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UyHySPhQ-E

Jesus, that first scene alone. It's so much longer than it needs to be, and then they transform twice. Why did they bother making Gokaiger a power up mode instead of just plain new powers ala Zeo or something? There's just no reason for them to ever go Megaforce instead of Super, except to shoot some inconsequential action bits. (a silly thing to complain about in sentai but legitimate here, I think)

Then the beach scene, man. Somehow with quadruple the dialogue, Super Megaforce still doesn't manage to convey the same level of trust/friendship as the equivalent Gokaiger scene. I also love that they felt the need to throw some dialogue in for Argus/Barizorg in order to justify the zoom-in, because foreshadowing is adults only entertainment.

Also god drat it, these constant Gosei unlocks. What a mistake to try and keep him relevant, they don't need permission to "activate" a sword slash or use keys they already have permission to use. And one of them being Megaforce? "You can now activate the hidden power of these four keys, and also your standard form!" The team calls was as well done as it could've been though.

Alright, done with the video so enough complaining. I know it's stupid to be this critical of a children's show, but it's just a shame when it's making such awful choices with such great source material. Saban reacquiring the series seemed neat at first, but this writing and the 20 episode seasons are painful. As an adult anyway, I know the target audience at least will eat it up until they hit double digits.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
The Legacy Dragonzord is available for preorder from TRU

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=29285156&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

Somehow managed to use the classic dragonzord for their picture though. :crossarms:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Something happened to the Grownups in Spandex website...its just gone.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

The Legacy Dragonzord is available for preorder from TRU

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=29285156&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

Somehow managed to use the classic dragonzord for their picture though. :crossarms:

Appreciate you posting this, I've been trying to catch the preorder for this for a while now. Now to just wait for the $200 Titanus preorder.

jivjov posted:

There was a discussion on the Over-Time IRC channel earlier about that. I think it was said that their domain registration expired yesterday, and the GUIS Twitter account mentioned they were aware of it, so it's probably just a temporary thing.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

OZC posted:

Appreciate you posting this, I've been trying to catch the preorder for this for a while now. Now to just wait for the $200 Titanus preorder.

I can almost say with certainty that you probably won't see that til nearly winter.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Jesus, that first scene alone. It's so much longer than it needs to be, and then they transform twice. Why did they bother making Gokaiger a power up mode instead of just plain new powers ala Zeo or something? There's just no reason for them to ever go Megaforce instead of Super, except to shoot some inconsequential action bits. (a silly thing to complain about in sentai but legitimate here, I think)

Then the beach scene, man. Somehow with quadruple the dialogue, Super Megaforce still doesn't manage to convey the same level of trust/friendship as the equivalent Gokaiger scene. I also love that they felt the need to throw some dialogue in for Argus/Barizorg in order to justify the zoom-in, because foreshadowing is adults only entertainment.

Also god drat it, these constant Gosei unlocks. What a mistake to try and keep him relevant, they don't need permission to "activate" a sword slash or use keys they already have permission to use. And one of them being Megaforce? "You can now activate the hidden power of these four keys, and also your standard form!" The team calls was as well done as it could've been though.

Alright, done with the video so enough complaining. I know it's stupid to be this critical of a children's show, but it's just a shame when it's making such awful choices with such great source material. Saban reacquiring the series seemed neat at first, but this writing and the 20 episode seasons are painful. As an adult anyway, I know the target audience at least will eat it up until they hit double digits.

Definitely pissed at a show that competes with Dora the Explorer

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

jivjov posted:

Thank goodness I got Fiveman 12 downloaded this weekend.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Twisty of Fate posted:

Definitely pissed at a show that competes with Dora the Explorer

Isn't there a thread in TVIV for Power Rangers?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

boom boom boom posted:

Isn't there a thread in TVIV for Power Rangers?

There is: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535564

Rei_
May 16, 2004

ToQGer is late. I can only assume OT was mocked to death by Magenta and Caphi for 'subbing the show with the whistling train dick'

rip azrael

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That's okay, I'm sure OT has plenty they can mock Magenta back for. ;)

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

I can almost say with certainty that you probably won't see that til nearly winter.

Oh, no doubt. But since I expect that will be the last part of the Legacy line Bandai will probably make, it's the only thing still on the schedule I need to look out for. Of course, should they decide to continue on and make Legacy versions of other previous mecha, I can't say I'd be too terribly disappointed by that decision.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Rei_ posted:

ToQGer is late. I can only assume OT was mocked to death by Magenta and Caphi for 'subbing the show with the whistling train dick'

rip azrael

Why would they make fun of me for that? It was amazing and neither of them disagreed.

I am however dying (of a minor cold), and prioritized Tales of Xillia over subbing as a result, and then aegisub decided to poo poo the bed when I decided to stop being an rear end in a top hat. This isn't a super good week for any part of this process :(

Potsticker posted:

That's okay, I'm sure OT has plenty they can mock Magenta back for. ;)

I dare you to be less terrible.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The Tales games have done more damage to the toku fansubbing community than {\an8} and Toshiki Inoue combined.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Whistling train dick FTW...

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

I love you too, sweetheart. :bigtran:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Rei_ posted:

The Tales games have done more damage to the toku fansubbing community than {\an8} and Toshiki Inoue combined.

Uhhh, what's so bad about {\an8}?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tales is a good reason to put off anything.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Rei_ posted:

Uhhhhh.....what could you POSSIBLY have against Toshiki Inoue.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

Uhhh, what's so bad about {\an8}?

Oh, it was just a TVN joke about misplaced subtitle lines.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

AzraelNewtype posted:

I will apologize for the ToQ-Oh comment as you and a couple others took way more offense at that than the light ribbing I had intended. It was amusing that it got such a reaction, but maybe it was more hurtful on that side of the computer screen. I have a lot of sympathy for translating something as it is released and having something dumb like that happen. Believe me there is no ill will to OT or Magenta. I think you guys put a lot of effort and work into your releases.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Potsticker posted:

I will apologize for the ToQ-Oh comment as you and a couple others took way more offense at that than the light ribbing I had intended. It was amusing that it got such a reaction, but maybe it was more hurtful on that side of the computer screen. I have a lot of sympathy for translating something as it is released and having something dumb like that happen. Believe me there is no ill will to OT or Magenta. I think you guys put a lot of effort and work into your releases.

Pretty sure that dare was rhetorical, man.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Pretty sure that dare was rhetorical, man.

Sorry. :negative:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Why did they bother making Gokaiger a power up mode instead of just plain new powers ala Zeo or something? There's just no reason for them to ever go Megaforce instead of Super, except to shoot some inconsequential action bits. (a silly thing to complain about in sentai but legitimate here, I think)

I brought this up in the TVIV thread, but my thought was always that Super Mega Mode was supposed to be an upgrade to the base Megaforce suit (like Ultra Mode) and thus they had to go to Megaforce to go Super.

But then in episode 3 at the beach Noah and Emma go straight into Super Mega Mode without using the Megaforce morpher at all, so that destroys that theory...so yeah having them transform into Megaforce just to go Super Mega is entirely pointless and I have no idea why they'd waste time shooting that.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Twelve by Pies posted:

I have no idea why they'd waste time shooting that.

Because you can't fill time with great writing, that's for sure.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I brought this up in the TVIV thread, but my thought was always that Super Mega Mode was supposed to be an upgrade to the base Megaforce suit (like Ultra Mode) and thus they had to go to Megaforce to go Super.

But then in episode 3 at the beach Noah and Emma go straight into Super Mega Mode without using the Megaforce morpher at all, so that destroys that theory...so yeah having them transform into Megaforce just to go Super Mega is entirely pointless and I have no idea why they'd waste time shooting that.

They just wanted a bridge obviously

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I'll assume that Power Ranger toys are still terrible* and there is some sort of unholy abomination of a toy line where they have "Mega" mode helmets that head-flip into "Super Mega" ones. God drat those head flip toys are so bad. Just have removable helmets for gently caress's sake.

*Ever since they stopped making the Super Big Pose style figures (and also during then, really). Anything other than the full size robots, change devices/weapons, and the 8 inch rangers was a waste in my eyes.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Twisty of Fate posted:

They just wanted a bridge obviously

Yeah, but the thing is that they built a bigger, better bridge next to a rickety old half-broken bridge, except they still expect people to sometimes try and drive over the old one before turning around to drive over the new one. It's just a waste of time and everyone knows immediately that the first try isn't going to work.

They could have given up their powers, or had Vrak steal them away (to explain his final form) or something. Then they could have joked about Noah or Jake or whoever it was taking on Troy's old powers in the Legendary Red scene instead of badly splicing in new footage of different rangers, especially since they gave up trying to hide Goseiger use as early as the third episode.

I didn't get to watch ToQger or Gaim this week. :( Super Megaforce was my only toku outlet.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Yeah, but the thing is that they built a bigger, better bridge next to a rickety old half-broken bridge, except they still expect people to sometimes try and drive over the old one before turning around to drive over the new one. It's just a waste of time and everyone knows immediately that the first try isn't going to work.

They could have given up their powers, or had Vrak steal them away (to explain his final form) or something. Then they could have joked about Noah or Jake or whoever it was taking on Troy's old powers in the Legendary Red scene instead of badly splicing in new footage of different rangers, especially since they gave up trying to hide Goseiger use as early as the third episode.

I didn't get to watch ToQger or Gaim this week. :( Super Megaforce was my only toku outlet.

You got owned.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Light Gun Man posted:

I'll assume that Power Ranger toys are still terrible*

Legacy stuff is still great. Plus they're supposed to be releasing the "NIPPON VERSION" of Gosei Great like they did for ShinkenOh.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

Legacy stuff is still great. Plus they're supposed to be releasing the "NIPPON VERSION" of Gosei Great like they did for ShinkenOh.

What the what

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Twisty of Fate posted:

What the what
Toys R Us sells plenty of neat stuff. Including Figuarts.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Twisty of Fate posted:

What the what

ShinkenOh got released in the states as a TRU exclusive called "Samurai Megazord Nippon Edition" that even came in the same box as ShinkenOh with a plastic band around it with the american labels and legal stuff. I believe it was $70 or $80 at release so you still came out cheaper than if you had imported it. Gosei Great is getting the same treatment soon, so fingers crossed that GokaiOh comes next year.

And yeah TRU even has some Figurarts and stuff like that.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yeah I got my ShinkenGold Figuarts from TRU a month or two before PR Samurai was set to air.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Holy Moley, Toys R Us is freakin' awesome! Should make a run out there sometime soon and see if I can get something cool.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Liar Lyre posted:

Holy Moley, Toys R Us is freakin' awesome! Should make a run out there sometime soon and see if I can get something cool.
You can order online too, if you so desire. Right now the only Figuarts I'm seeing on their website is Red Hawk, which is actually cheaper on Amazon right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Flameingblack posted:

You can order online too, if you so desire. Right now the only Figuarts I'm seeing on their website is Red Hawk, which is actually cheaper on Amazon right now.

My TRU doesn't get a lot of traffic, so they probably have some stuff from seasons past still on the shelves. I'll keep that in mind though when I feel like treating myself.

• Locked thread