Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yea it's loving aggravating. My list was Bridgewater, Watkins, JFF, Donald so now I'm sifting through plan B.

I'm also taking trade offers because there's one top QB left and I'm now eyeing top CBs as well.

I'd seriously consider trading up to your spot for Khalil Mack if I had any tradeable assets I was willing to part with (you can't have JJ)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

No Butt Stuff posted:

Why would you want Geno Smith?

Because we have two sixths and we need to cut Chase Daniel anyway so we might as well get his replacement (also so he can be rescued and put on a team that will appreciate him when he replaces the other Smith)

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Intruder, Brooks Reed is pretty trade-able. Maybe Danieal Manning, also.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ok I'll offer Brooks Reed, Manning and #33 for #7. Sure, let's go for it

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 4, 2014

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Intruder posted:

Ok I'll offer Brooks Reed, Manning and #33 for #7. Sure, let's go for it

Nah that's ok. I'll make my pick momentarily.

Alrighty, it's the Vikings pick.

Relentlessboredomm fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 5, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You'd have been a fool to take that trade anyway ;)

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Intruder posted:

You'd have been a fool to take that trade anyway ;)

Oh I got better trade offers than that too but I wanted trades that were relatively realistic. The Bucs are apparently shopping Revis so I didn't think that trade was too absurd.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

I really thought Darth would take Mack. :smuggo:

:iiam:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
C'mon forums user Cruel and Unusual where is our Mel Kiper style coverage?

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

He's only going to post when someone makes an incredible reach.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

smuggler posted:

I really thought Darth would take Mack. :smuggo:

:iiam:

I considered him and considered Derek Carr. The DL has needed a good NT for awhile. QB and LB will need to wait for a bit.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
If anyone is looking to trade down, the Saints are looking to trade up. If your interested, I don't have PMs though but you can message me on twitter at @DupesSA.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Some fairly surprising choices already. I did not expect Donald and Nix to come off the board this early.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Goon mocks put a premium on lineman. It's also important to note that typical mocks try to predict what picks a team will actually make while TFF generally takes more risks to fix teams now without FA.

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

SlipUp posted:

Goon mocks put a premium on lineman. It's also important to note that typical mocks try to predict what picks a team will actually make while TFF generally takes more risks to fix teams now without FA.

After we don't finish this draft we should not finish a free agency signings event.

Also, take you pick Bills, the Lions have needs

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

Why didn't we do the free agent thing first?

:negative:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I've begun to realize my whole draft strategy is totally dependent on wether or not the Ravens re-sign Monroe, which probably should have been apparent before this point.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Just as a note to the Goons who sent me a PM. I didn't ignore you, I just didn't realize I had PMs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Very Very happy with this pick. Shores up that defense. With the sick Buffalo pass rush and these athletic instinctive linebackers, we are going to be a terror to run on.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A good pick

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Mack's abs in that photo :stare:

Remember last year how fully half of the first 10 picks were OL? Goons defying stereotypes this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

4 of the first 9 are linemen, we still have a shot

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Mack's abs in that photo :stare:

Glad I'm not the only one reacting that way. :hfive:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Very Very happy with this pick. Shores up that defense. With the sick Buffalo pass rush and these athletic instinctive linebackers, we are going to be a terror to run on.

I'm just happy that you finally feel good about an AFC East team.:unsmith:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Whoever is doing the Lions, if you don't take Mike Evans I will shank you, in the fine tradition of Murder City. :ese:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I don't know how I became Mel Kiper Jr. instead of just some random schlub, but here are some stupid thoughts on the picks so far.

New York Giants from Jacksonville Jaguars, Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M:

Move over Broadway Joe, here's Studio 54 Johnny. Can he do what Eli Manning couldn't do for the last two years and lead the New York Johnny Football Giants to another Lombardi Trophy? Yes. This is an exciting pick for the Giants.

Cleveland Browns, Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville:

Can Teddy bridge the troubled waters of the Cuyahoga River and bring the long-sought Lombardi to Cleveland? I would guess not. Regardless, this is an exciting pick for the Browns.

Oakland Raiders, Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh:

Look out Peyton, you might find yourself screaming "Goddamnit, Donald!" again very soon, but with more pain and less neck integrity than the last time you said that. Oakland gets a great player to build around as the Black Hole emerges from the shadow of Al Davis's last years. Are happy days ahead for Raiders fans? No. This is an exciting pick for the Raiders.

Atlanta Falcons, Greg Robinson, OT Auburn:

Atlanta gets a steal here as the perhaps-second-best player on the board falls all the way to pick number 6. Now that he has someone guarding his blind side, look for Matty Ice to heat up after last year's disappointment. Will he be able to lead them to a Super Bowl this year? Who knows? This is an exciting pick for the Falcons.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Blake Bortles, QB UCF:

Blake Bortles may be the third quarterback drafted, but he's the first one if you put them in alphabetical order, and he might end up being the best signal-caller from this draft class. He looks like a quarterback, which is a harmless quality to have at worst. You can also spell "bb" on a calculator, so this makes the new uniform designers look less "idiot" and more "savant". Is any of this relevant? Maybe a little. This is an exciting pick for the Bucs.

Minnesota Vikings, Louis Nix III, NT Notre Dame:

The Vikings decide not to reach for Derek Carr and instead address their defensive line. In a division with Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler and Matthew Stafford, it is wise to have a defense. Will the Vikings' patience pay off and reward them with a serviceable quarterback in the later rounds? Can they build a team that can take on the NFC North? And will Adrian Peterson retire content rather than bitter and disappointed? Find out, on the next edition of NFL Draft Commentary 2014!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Panthers are looking to trade up. EDIT: Got PMs so just use that.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Mar 5, 2014

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

darkforce898 posted:

After we don't finish this draft we should not finish a free agency signings event.

Also, take you pick Bills, the Lions have needs

Actually a mock FA where teams get into bidding wars based on their current cap space would be pretty cool, but we've probably missed the boat on that one this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SlipUp posted:

Actually a mock FA where teams get into bidding wars based on their current cap space would be pretty cool, but we've probably missed the boat on that one this year.

TheChirurgeon had something like that planned but it kind of sounded sounded scary hard since he's a stickler for actual cap stuff.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens are interested in trading up for ten. I have PMs so let me know your price.

Keep in mind that I have no 4th or 5th because Ozzie Newsome gave them away for a half year rental.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 5, 2014

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Sweet, I'm up in 11 picks!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

God dammit

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Alright. Made my pick. Bills stole who I really wanted but I guess I can't be too mad.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Titans are in. I really really really wanted Mack as well (good pick Crazy) but the ex DC of UCLA is the new new Titans LB coach, so Barr is a familiar face here. He is an amazing athlete and while a little raw, I believe he can be incredible in an NFL training regimen.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Special thanks to Crazy and Blitz.

Dicks.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Barr is great as well, I just love Mack. I think he's got a lot of Navarro bowman in him

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Work just took a turn for the crazy for me, so if someone wants to grab the Bears from me, I'd make my life easier. I can still do it, but I won't post until after 7pm CST if it hits me, and I'd rather not slow things down.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
EJ Manuel is on the block. As is Thad Lewis and Tuel. It's a goddamn good time to need a qb boys

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Barr is great as well, I just love Mack. I think he's got a lot of Navarro bowman in him

I'm still astounded that Bowman fell to the third due to 'character issues'. I remember seeing him pop up everywhere as a fast riser just like a few weeks before the draft. Then draft day comes around and he drops just like Justin Houston.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Sataere posted:

Work just took a turn for the crazy for me, so if someone wants to grab the Bears from me, I'd make my life easier. I can still do it, but I won't post until after 7pm CST if it hits me, and I'd rather not slow things down.

I can take over the Bears assuming there aren't any actual Bears fans who want to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Rasczak posted:

I can take over the Bears assuming there aren't any actual Bears fans who want to do it.

If there were, I suspect they would've taken over by now. Thanks for taking over. If you want to have fun, just draft the most athletic, unknown prospects possible each pick. That way, it can be like an actual Bears draft. Channel your inner Al Davis!

• Locked thread