Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Blacula posted:

Anti power-leveling change?

ARGH! Why is Trion so against power-leveling?! Make leveling faster! I don't care about your story-line, I only care about getting to 60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

SlayVus posted:

ARGH! Why is Trion so against power-leveling?! Make leveling faster! I don't care about your story-line, I only care about getting to 60.

Something about how more content makes for longer player retention?

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Does anyone know the average time to 60 with patron boost and 160% exp vials? I can play pretty much all day the next couple days.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Jersey Mike posted:

Does anyone know the average time to 60 with patron boost and 160% exp vials? I can play pretty much all day the next couple days.

I went from 54 to 60 in about 3-4 hours of patron 40% boost plus 160% exp boost, dunno how long it would take for 1-60, but I'd recommend just using patron boosts up to 48, then using the 160% vials plus the patron 40% boosts for 48-60. Make sure to get a bunch of quests complete before you pop the vial and then turn them all in for a huge chunk of exp.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Jersey Mike posted:

I wasn't playing "hardcore" just doing quests and killing everything I saw, but during one 160% exp vial, and patron exp boost (40%), I was able to get from roughly 10% exp in level 58, to hitting 59 about 5 minutes before the vial times ran out. I know I afked for about 15 minutes in there for a phone call, so you can probably do better than I did if you're more focused.

For reference, it takes roughly as long to get from 50-60 as it does from 1-50.

At level 59, the time /played on that character is 3 days 5 hours (probably 10 hours of that was afk/exploring instead of gaining exp). I used a few transcendent vials (160%) to get to 50 faster, only used patron dailies from 50-58. For exp it was instant adventures almost exclusively from 10-50, and questing/killing in storm legion zones only from 50-59.

edit: helpful hint for instant adventures, you'll get tons more exp if you hit/tag everything in sight because it all dies so fast but you get full exp for everything you hit no matter who kills or first hit it, keep your weapons up to date using the auction house, and even if you're not in an instant adventure if there is a zone event going on try and join that zone's instant adventure because 90% of the time the objective is to complete the zone event, also get the daily quest to do 7 instant adventures from someone in your main city, the exp you get scales with your level through 50 and you'll be doing them anyway so get the extra exp

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 27, 2014

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Zoness posted:

Something about how more content makes for longer player retention?
More content that you can play with other people, a.k.a. not the desolate leveling grind.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I think the 2nd character is a lot better than the first for leveling. You can putz around and smell the roses so it doesn't feel like you're in a rush to grind.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Hi, Viscende posting for an invite, thanks.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
If you want to finish the 50 carnival dailies quickly join a balloon popping group, it's boring because you just talk to the quest giver every couple of seconds and spam spacebar but you rack up tickets at a constant rate. Also the raid rift is bugged on Deepwood, it stops at the second mob.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

Tried this game on a whim and so I have the poorly named warrior Selmahayak looking to join goonsquad.

How bad is the default soul leveling? I picked the "overlord" preset and just let the game spend my soul points because all the trees were overwhelming. I'm level 33 at this point, 21 in Champion and 21 in Warlord.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Pete Zah posted:

Tried this game on a whim and so I have the poorly named warrior Selmahayak looking to join goonsquad.

How bad is the default soul leveling? I picked the "overlord" preset and just let the game spend my soul points because all the trees were overwhelming. I'm level 33 at this point, 21 in Champion and 21 in Warlord.

Try this levelling build: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...ng-50-60-a.html

I highly recommend it. Put the first 16(?) points into champion so you have an AE ability.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Greggy posted:

I did get the invite but hitting "Join Guild" didn't do anything, so please send a new one to Lavelle. Thanks!

Re-sent, here's hoping I am not cursed.

edit: caught up all guild invite requests to here all 3 of them since last time!

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Level 21 warrior named Bassu also wants to hang out with goons.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
Would someone mind posting the Pyrochon and Harbichon builds for me? I scanned the first few pages and missed them.

wigglin
Dec 19, 2007

mr. nobody posted:

Try this levelling build: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...ng-50-60-a.html

I highly recommend it. Put the first 16(?) points into champion so you have an AE ability.

Thanks for this, especially because it's not 70% acronyms that I have to decipher. I'm afraid of not having the healing-strike (chains of life) from the champion tree, but I already notice single-targets dying pretty quick which is nice.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted

Pete Zah posted:

They just updated the preset builds a few weeks ago, so they should be very useful for leveling. I've been using one of the pre-made Cleric ones recently to great effect.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Unbound posted:

Would someone mind posting the Pyrochon and Harbichon builds for me? I scanned the first few pages and missed them.

Harbcon
http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/rift-guides-strategies/class-guides/mage-guides/387618-harbchon-guide.html

Pyrochon
http://forums.riftgame.com/game-dis...new-10-man.html

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Logged back into my 38 rogue to do a dungeon, got runic descent and found out that apparently the beam turrets after Rictus are bugged and fire invisible beams now.

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012

An impostor among the ranks! :colbert:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Cool, thanks! Looks like I'll need to start getting use to some new rotations.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Unbound posted:

Cool, thanks! Looks like I'll need to start getting use to some new rotations.

Oh poo poo, I was supposed to do that earlier. My bad!

edit: The pyrochon rotation is really easy: Flamebolt, Countdown, spam macro. Repeat.

When you hit flaring power make sure heat wave is available, I try to pop FP at the beginning of my rotation, heat wave after countdown and repeat countdown, then back to the normal rotation. The 2x countdown hits like a truck.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Is there a reason to not macro Countdown?

e: Nevermind, it's in the macro, IDGI

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

OneEightHundred posted:

Is there a reason to not macro Countdown?

e: Nevermind, it's in the macro, IDGI

I only macro the archon spells and fireball. You can macro them, but I prefer them separate for a bit more control over them.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

necrotic posted:

Oh poo poo, I was supposed to do that earlier. My bad!

edit: The pyrochon rotation is really easy: Flamebolt, Countdown, spam macro. Repeat.

When you hit flaring power make sure heat wave is available, I try to pop FP at the beginning of my rotation, heat wave after countdown and repeat countdown, then back to the normal rotation. The 2x countdown hits like a truck.

You're good!

When I was diddling around earlier on the dummies I realized I could do that, and yeah it stack's pretty hard. Started doing it in my Pyro, don't know why I wasn't before.

Should I put Crumbling Resistance and Ashen Defense into a macro, or just keep up on them manually?

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia
I really enjoyed Warden on that 10 man tonight, wanna try doing that sometime on a serious raid.

I am using the Warden build in the OP, is it out of date or am I good? I really like that and defiler.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

Should I put Crumbling Resistance and Ashen Defense into a macro, or just keep up on them manually?

I would keep them separate just in case you're micromanaging with a bard for particular encounters - also IIRC both have no cooldown so they cannot be macro'd together properly.

SCROTEBUSTIN
Sep 2, 2008

"the asslicker" of fyad
Hey gang, giving this a go for my MMO fix (along with re-entering GW2), I'm Venvelot! :shobon: A guild invite would be delicious.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Unbound posted:

Zoness posted:

...both have no cooldown so they cannot be macro'd together properly.

This. They last 5 minutes and have no cooldown, so macroing them would mean you spam the first one 100% of the time.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

I've discovered that it's possible to solo a SH60 as a Defiler, but it takes a really, really long time and is a very bad idea.

Also, The Worst Event has evolved. It has found ways to be both more obnoxious...

... and buggier ...

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 4, 2014

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

OneEightHundred posted:

... and buggier ...

I get it :haw:.

I can't help it, bug puns are my spirit animal.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

How is the conquest map in Rift? Just downloaded this again to take it for a spin but I didn't even know they added a zone wide pvp thing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

How is the conquest map in Rift? Just downloaded this again to take it for a spin but I didn't even know they added a zone wide pvp thing.

Have you played WvWvW in GW2 or (I haven't played this myself) DAOC? It's very lacking compared to those. It's literally just an instanced version of a pre-SL endgame zone with PvE objectives.

The main upside compared to the former is that you can have enough healers to make a moving deathball, but rift is very lacking in smartheals outside of your raid, so playing outside of a premade is a crapshoot at best.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

BadLlama posted:

It's just stillmoore, not a new zone.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
Logged in for the first time in like a year, not sure what happened to my character. I'm in "Everything is Fine (Transferred)" but I'm already on deepwood and not threesprings but it just keeps telling me that my guild moved to Deepwood.

Also when they made mounts account wide they mailed me a mount that I bought on the PTR F2P shop test and had refunded at the end of the test, so I've got that going for me.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
trion hosed up so there's no hotfix until tomorrow~

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat
I hope this is true.

"For the first time since Soul Legion expanded the world of Telara, Rift is getting four brand new souls in the upcoming 2.7 patch."

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/431/feature/8284/Rift-Introducing-the-Liberator-A-Raid-Healing-Warrior.html

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Grittykitty posted:

I hope this is true.

"For the first time since Soul Legion expanded the world of Telara, Rift is getting four brand new souls in the upcoming 2.7 patch."

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/431/feature/8284/Rift-Introducing-the-Liberator-A-Raid-Healing-Warrior.html

If I remember right they released the SL souls before SL was out. I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing the same thing for 3.0. Though it does seem a little early? Or have they redone the mage tank already? I don't follow this poo poo.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

If I remember right they released the SL souls before SL was out. I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing the same thing for 3.0. Though it does seem a little early? Or have they redone the mage tank already? I don't follow this poo poo.

The SL souls proper weren't released until SL launched, but the old souls that were updated for SL launch were updated in 1.11 before SL was launched.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Grittykitty posted:

I hope this is true.

Finally, I will be able to terrorize my raid with the idea of me healing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Finally, I will be able to terrorize my raid with the idea of me healing.

Only if I get to bard :getin:.

• Locked thread