Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
Today's Telegraph was pretty good:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Cameron and the oligarchs – A government document photographed outside No 10 hinted that the Tories want to keep the City open to Russians despite the crisis in Ukraine"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson: No return to Parliament before 2015

Independent:

Times:

Express:

Holiday!

Fluo
May 25, 2007

I love this one! :allears:

Also cheers for keeping this going Cloud Potato, I'm kinda abit on off for awhile but keep up the good work! :D

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

That is a really hosed up looking computer.

Also that cat looks really evil.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm more concerned that that woman is talking to a cardboard cutout.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
"The Russians have invaded the Crimea and have surrounded the Ukraine with troops."

Mac really has been on form since he realised he's too old to fire.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

marktheando posted:

That is a really hosed up looking computer.

Looks pretty normal, assuming you haven't seen any sort of technology for the last 30 years.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Wolfsbane posted:

Looks pretty normal, assuming you haven't seen any sort of technology for the last 30 years.

Never seen a computer with two giant floppy disk drives like Thomas has drawn though.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I guess I'm probably older than you then :) I used to have one, I'll see if I can find a picture.

Something like that, but with 5.25" disks. It was pretty common before hard disks were cheap enough for consumer PCs - you had your software disk in one drive and your data disk in the other. It also let you copy things which were too big to fit in memory (which was pretty much everything).

e: this one!

I miss those drives with the big locking levers.

Wolfsbane fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 5, 2014

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

marktheando posted:

Never seen a computer with two giant floppy disk drives like Thomas has drawn though.

The computer version of :wankah:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Nigel Farage's row with Nick Clegg – Leaders of Ukip and Lib Dems clash after agreeing to go head-to-head in a debate over the European Union"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Immigration impact report withheld by Downing Street

Times:

Mail:

quote:

“My name is Bernard and I have a confession. I have 20 bounty bars, 10 Mars bars and six packs of Werthers originals stashed in my sock drawer.”
Sugar tax may be necessary, England's chief medical officer says

Express:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

"But Nick, how can I debate you... when you've got that egg in your mouth?"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Joe Biden debated a sex doll on television?

Clegg as an inflatable doll caricature could work I guess.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

What the serious gently caress. You know which one I'm talking about.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
That's the closest I've seen a cartoonist come to Not Recognizably Depicting Farage

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Wait, no beer or cigarettes? Who was it even supposed to be?

E: Also, I can see a badger, a fox, and... a fuzzy penis? That's new.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 6, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Goddamnit, I know I'm praising Mac again, but this is very clever. See how everyone has half a dozen empty water cups? Excessive thirst is one of the symptoms of diabetes and is brought on by excessive blood sugar levels.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

SedanChair posted:

That's the closest I've seen a cartoonist come to Not Recognizably Depicting Farage
I dunno, he did a pretty good job of capturing Farage's jowls.

I'm not entirely sure why Prince William in a wig is representing the Lib Dems though.

Jedit posted:

Goddamnit, I know I'm praising Mac again, but this is very clever. See how everyone has half a dozen empty water cups? Excessive thirst is one of the symptoms of diabetes and is brought on by excessive blood sugar levels.

drat, that's actually pretty clever. Of course, the cartoon is slightly ruined by the fact that there is no actual joke, groups like this are genuinely needed.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
This is what I immediately thought of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7KREu1yWOE

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

SedanChair posted:

He still thinks Robert Kilroy Silk runs UKIP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzZ86GYoxE0

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Why is Farrage debating a blow-up doll? Just look at that mouth.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

El Scotch posted:

The Lib Dems didn't have anyone else to send, and besides it volunteered.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

El Scotch posted:

Sensuous

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Very nice. :golfclap:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

:neckbeard: Where did the baby come from???

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Betjeman posted:

Today's Telegraph was pretty good:

When I first saw this I thought, "what the hell, Adams, Shinzo Abe doesn't look like that, you just drew Stephen Fry". But I hadn't seen a picture of him in a while and he actually does look quite a bit like the UK Megathread's nemesis himself. Apologies to Adams (for the first and last time).

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Barack Obama, David Cameron and Ukraine - British prime minister has been discussing Crimea with US president (and tweeting a photo of his end of the call)"

Independent:

Times:

Religious animal slaughter change urged

Mail:
"A 14 year old boy has created nuclear fusion in the science lab at school."

quote:

“Keep your fingers crossed. Our Kevin’s hoping to be the youngest ever to split the atom.”

Express:

UK interest rates kept at record low

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 7, 2014

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

Ian get back on your meds!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh boy a Facebook link with no context in the post, I can't wait to not click on it.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Cloud Potato posted:

:neckbeard: Where did the baby come from???

It's our most royal glorious highness the Royal Babby, back from his tour of Australia's cliches

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Metropolitan police controversy – Injustice over Stephen Lawrence's murder shown to be a result of police incompetence and corruption as much as institutional racism"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Army commander bans sandwiches in attack on 'barbaric habits'

Independent:

After Richard Caton Woodville Jr.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Cracks appear in the justice system - Chris Riddell on the forthcoming public inquiry into undercover policing"

Sunday Telegraph:

I'm guessing either Samantha Cameron's role in Nepalese nanny's passport or Danny Alexander admission causes Government fresh embarrassment over immigration.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
The police spied on Stephen Lawrence's family and the best you can do is "lady justice on shaky ground, insert label"? Riddell you tit. Come back when you have something that's interesting beyond the actual artistic skill.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Probably an accurate picture of how it will wind up though. Bad apples, mistakes were made and lessons have been learned, we saved justice everyone

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Co-op bonuses - New Co-op storm as board awards bosses huge pay and bonus deals"

Telegraph:

Nick Clegg issues challenge over Europe in Lib Dem speech

Independent:

Times:

Express:

:sun: It's not cold! :supaburn:

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Jesus, what's wrong with that guy at the Times. We've had Alex Salmond as a mouse getting bloodily crushed, some immigrant hordes pillaging and snatching naked women, and now Nick Clegg pulling the wings off a twitching, terrified bird

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

baka kaba posted:

Jesus, what's wrong with that guy at the Times. We've had Alex Salmond as a mouse getting bloodily crushed, some immigrant hordes pillaging and snatching naked women, and now Nick Clegg pulling the wings off a twitching, terrified bird

And Bell draws people with poo poo all over themselves occasionally or despots swimming around in pools of blood. Sometimes both at the same time. I think Times guy is on a roll, personally.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The Indie guy works severed limbs in on the flimsiest pretexts. In fact, the driest cartoons are the Expres and the Mail, which says something about the purifying effect of macabre humour. Or something.

Scarfe

Farage really is a godsend for cartoonists and diarists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Spring finally arrives? I'd say "start of March" is fairly early for this kind of weather. Last year it snowed into April.

• Locked thread