Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Skoll posted:

So I was doing some thinking.. how come Harley doesn't have her tattoos in the trailer? She had a pretty obvious one on her upper right in City :

And this is the best still I've seen of her from the Arkham Knight trailer, and you should be able to see her tattoo even with that sleeve :

So is there direct confirmation of this being a sequel to City, or are the devs just lazy? Or am I just dumb and missed something?

We've had direct confirmation, I'm assuming they merely forgot. It's just a CG trailer anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Don't know if it has been described in detail anywhere, but "Fear Takedowns" taking out up to three thugs at once sounds like it is going to be tremendous.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

BreakAtmo posted:

We've had direct confirmation, I'm assuming they merely forgot. It's just a CG trailer anyway.

Just something I noticed, a little detail that bugged me when I watched the trailer and didn't pin it down until I re-watched it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

At least her outfit in this one seems slightly less horrible then in City, slightly.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think she looks more conventionally attractive in this new one, face wise. Like, that girl next door kinda look. Also, agree on the outfit.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Skoll posted:

So is there direct confirmation of this being a sequel to City, or are the devs just lazy? Or am I just dumb and missed something?

Rocksteady might not have actually done anything besides providing art assets for the teaser. Many times other companies are hired for the CG videos. I can't remember what one of them is called, but they've done tons of game videos. Smashing stuff, too!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3421844/

Awkward. :haw:

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

? It's a lovely fake imdb entry.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Crackbone posted:

? It's a lovely fake imdb entry.

Um, no it isn't. It's a no-budget 8-minute fan film that was released in December.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCTEaIoW_3c

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Iacen posted:

Rocksteady might not have actually done anything besides providing art assets for the teaser. Many times other companies are hired for the CG videos. I can't remember what one of them is called, but they've done tons of game videos. Smashing stuff, too!
Everyone looks younger in that trailer, esp. Penguin, compared to the still of him linked in that IMGUR album above.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Excels posted:

Quick, has this actually happened in the Batman comics, anyone
The "Ra's, in Talia's body" part happened in Batman Beyond. It was surprisingly horrifying for a kids cartoon, considering he erased Talia's mind to get there, effectively killing his own daughter. Then he used this new body to seduce an elderly (then not-so-elderly, thanks Lazarus pit!) Bruce Wayne.

So there is a heavily implied sex scene between Ra's and Bruce.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Robot Hobo posted:

The "Ra's, in Talia's body" part happened in Batman Beyond. It was surprisingly horrifying for a kids cartoon, considering he erased Talia's mind to get there, effectively killing his own daughter. Then he used this new body to seduce an elderly (then not-so-elderly, thanks Lazarus pit!) Bruce Wayne.

Yet another reason I miss 90s cartoons. You could actually get away with that poo poo.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm glad that this new technology can help has given devs access to more normal body types as opposed to roid-rage Batman and Barbie doll Harley.

But sweet lord in heaven please give me a ps4 rocksteady take on the beyond suit

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hiddenriverninja posted:

But sweet lord in heaven please give me a ps4 rocksteady take on the beyond suit

Don't be afraid to dream bigger.

Batman: Beyond Arkham

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Barudak posted:

Don't be afraid to dream bigger.

Batman: Beyond Arkham

I want this to happen so much, but Rocksteady said their next project won't be Batman. Still, someday...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Darke GBF posted:

I want this to happen so much, but Rocksteady said their next project won't be Batman. Still, someday...

I assume the Origins B-Team will be left in charge of the franchise and Batman: Beyond is the really really good B-team of the Batman concept so it seems like a match made in heaven.

Granted B:B has like no cache in the conciousness of america anymore but drat was that a program way better than it had any right to be.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Robot Hobo posted:

Terry: Lady, that is the sickest think I've ever seen, you're creeping me out.
Bruce: You? She kissed me.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Sweet Jesus I might be buying a PS4 earlier that I expected to just to play this game, it sounds loving awesome.

Hope Rocksteady manages to include Jason this time, he would fit as a glove on the game setting.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Sweet Jesus I might be buying a PS4 earlier that I expected to just to play this game, it sounds loving awesome.

Hope Rocksteady manages to include Jason this time, he would fit as a glove on the game setting.

I would love to see Jason's corpse! This guy knows whats up.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

According to the GameStop preorder page, the PC version will receive the Harley Quinn Preorder DLC Roo.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

ThermoPhysical posted:

According to the GameStop preorder page, the PC version will receive the Harley Quinn Preorder DLC Roo.

Aaaand now I want a playable kangaroo dressed as Harley.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ThermoPhysical posted:

from a gis

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Jason sucks. :colbert: I'm pretty sure it was Tim Drake Robin last time.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
More details to go with the bullet points Megaman's Jockstrap came up with: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-05-rocksteady-reveals-batman-arkham-knight-in-detail

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Shindragon posted:

Bo staff = Tim.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Aside from in Origins where Dick uses a Bo Staff for some reason.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shindragon posted:

Tim Drake was Robin in City, but Dick was Night wing (not that he actually showed up in the story)

Still room for Jason.

Though I wonder if Rocksteady would pick up on the Cyrus Pickney storyline from Origins.

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Aside from in Origins where Dick uses a Bo Staff for some reason.

He was in Origins??

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Robot_Rumpus posted:

He was in Origins??
Multiplayer, so not really.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Robot_Rumpus posted:

He was in Origins??

Multiplayer.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Shindragon posted:

Tim was on City but Jason's memorial case showed up on the Batcave map and his death was referenced by the Joker on the challenge maps when using Tim. Besides, Jason as Red Hood fits perfectly on the setting and since he could be described like a gun-toting Batman he could be the 'Arkham Knight'

Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

redbackground posted:

Multiplayer, so not really.

Ah, the part I could not have cared less about.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Tim was on City but Jason's memorial case showed up on the Batcave map and his death was referenced by the Joker on the challenge maps when using Tim. Besides, Jason as Red Hood fits perfectly on the setting and since he could be described like a gun-toting Batman he could be the 'Arkham Knight'
Except that AK is a brand new Geoff Johns-created character, which is the only part of this game I'm reeeeeally wary of.

Until I learned that, I was sure Azreal was the Knight, as well, he's very Knight-esque, and flame imagery is often associated with the Order of St. Dumas. Plus I can see him/the Order getting fed up with how things have progressed in Gotham over the course of the games.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 5, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

redbackground posted:

Except that AK is a brand new Geoff Johns-created character, which is the only part of this game I'm reeeeeally wary of.

I know it's a really long shot but dreaming to see Jason on AK doesn't hurt isn't it? :shobon:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I always thought that was a clever little shout-out. "Didn't I kill you already?"

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

We unmask the Arkham Knight, he's a nobody, he is gifted, but he lacks control. "Name's Terry"
Fade to Black.

Ill take my cheque now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Gotham under fire like this would be a perfect excuse to utilize The Court Of Owls and The Talon. Throw in Dr. Hurt, Professor Pyg, literally anyone who isn't the same Bane/Penguin/TwoFace poo poo. Court could be this iteration's "ninja freaks."

Also I hope Arkham Knight turns out to be Phantasm or Red Hood because why not.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
gently caress me I hope my system can handle this in its fully glory. I'd rather not lose the final excuse I have for not buying a PS4. :v:

Zedd posted:

We unmask the Arkham Knight, he's a nobody, he is gifted, but he lacks control. "Name's Terry"
Fade to Black.

Ill take my cheque now.

I will take three copies.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Pretty sure the Arkham Knight is just Sin Tzu wearing a mask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

MinibarMatchman posted:

Throw in Dr. Hurt, Professor Pyg, literally anyone...
I'm not really sure I could take Prof. Pyg and his Dollotrons.
I might just drop my gamepad and curl up in a fetal position.

But Flamingo, bring him on.

• Locked thread