Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
All of God's creatures need Oxygen to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

robot roll call posted:

The best part of that trailer is when Optimus Prime loving bitchslapped Grimlock. Also when Marky Mark said he had a Transformer. Has the word Transformer ever been said in the Transformer movies before? I've seen them all multiple times and I forget.

It's kind of odd, but in transformers fiction across the board, they are only very rarely called transformers. They usually just say "Autobots", "Decepticons" or the more general "Cybertronians". That's not just the movies, that's almost everything Transformers.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Probably helps with cooling off and energon processing.

Happy Fun Bollocks
Aug 4, 2007

by Ion Helmet
Optimus Prime's breathing reminds me of Mia Wallace.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Dan Didio posted:

By "God" you mean the Quintesons, right?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

He means Primus you heathen. :argh:

tokidoki
Feb 23, 2006

Damn bunnies!
I counted six shots of American flags in that trailer. I'm guessing the final movie will have 206?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ensign_Ricky posted:

He means Primus you heathen. :argh:

Nonsense, Cybertronians evolved from naturally occurring gears and levers!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Phy posted:

Nonsense, Cybertronians evolved from naturally occurring gears and levers!
Like this?

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Ugh. "It's a steampunk bug!" gently caress you, you ignorant mouthbreather. Gears =/= steampunk.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Quintesons? My condolences.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

bushisms.txt posted:

Terry please go to opening night, so you can get to work on it.
I wish. :smith: Release dates are just insane here, and that's if I manage to find a theatre that plays it without a completely abhorrent German dub. I probably won't get to see it for like a full month after everyone has already stopped talking about it.

Seriously. The LEGO Movie? April 10th. April 10th!

Dan Didio posted:

"You gotta wonder. God made us in his image; Who made him?"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I'm going to do my best to go to opening night (in Australia).

CJSwiss
Mar 16, 2008

Why do they breathe? I noticed that both Grimlock and Prime have steaming breath during their little spat there at the end.

Transformers have breathed since G1. http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Humanization#Breathing

Just pretend that it's to cool their insides like everyone else.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The MSJ posted:

Weird copyright law fact: Hasbro cannot use the word "transform" on their toy packaging, so Transformers "convert" instead.
Close but not quite - they could use the verb "transform", but Hasbro specifically chooses not to in order to avoid brand-dilution.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

The shot of Mark Wahlberg looking outside his truck at about fifteen seconds made me double-take. Dude looks like Shia LeBouf. All I thought was: 'This is Sam Witwicky as a dad'. Do we know how long after the third film this one is set?

edit: I want to see 'Mark Wahlberg Talks To AnimalsTransformers'. "Oh hey there, Optimus! You're a truck, I like that! Say hi to your mother for me!"

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 6, 2014

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Have to agree. It is far easier to tell the individuals now. I'm curious though. Are these the main Deception army or are these something different?

Apparently the main antagonists might be human-built transformers. :psyduck:

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

I love the idea of a race so alien that to us it looks like they're machines, and therefore someone must have built them, right? But we're really just totally ignorant of their development. Apparently space-god made the transformers though. ah well.

CJSwiss
Mar 16, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

The shot of Mark Wahlberg looking outside his truck at about fifteen seconds made me double-take. Dude looks like Shia LeBouf. All I thought was: 'This is Sam Witwicky as a dad'. Do we know how long after the third film this one is set?\

It takes place 3 or 4 years after DotM, Wahlberg plays Cade Yeager.

quote:

I love the idea of a race so alien that to us it looks like they're machines, and therefore someone must have built them, right? But we're really just totally ignorant of their development. Apparently space-god made the transformers though. ah well.

Luckily for you, they've never explained in the expanded universe materials what the origins of the TFs are in the Bayverse, so you get to continue hoping that it's not related to Primus!

Unluckily for you, the Bayverse takes place within the wider TF multiverse, which states that Primus is a multiversal constant, and therefore any other creation account of the TFs would necessarily lead to Primus' involvement in the end.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Why do they breathe? I noticed that both Grimlock and Prime have steaming breath during their little spat there at the end.

Your car doesn't exhaust? :colbert:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

CJSwiss posted:

It takes place 3 or 4 years after DotM, Wahlberg plays Cade Yeager.

Yeah, I know it's not Sam Witwicky, but they could pretty much be the same character.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Was there a finalized PDF linked somewhere?

I'm gussying up the one linked in the op, but now I'm gonna wait til Michael Bay is done with the franchise, then I'm going to send him a copy.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Terry van Feleday posted:

"You gotta wonder. God made us in his image; Who made him?"

God, during his notorious 'Steampunk' phase.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

Yeah, I know it's not Sam Witwicky, but they could pretty much be the same character.

They should've just made him Chip Chase, the kid that can rip up floppy discs like it's nothing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I found this comparison between Optimus' face in the Superbowl trailer (left) and the teaser (right):

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

I find it interesting that when Marky Mark says "Come on you old wreck, judgement day" (about 0:34) there is an American flag featured predominantly in the shot. It also seems like there is a theme of government overreach and abuse of power. Instead of going "Hey that truck may be a very dangerous alien, better let us examine it for your own safety" they go in guns out and start slapping his family around. The agents also look like a bunch of slimy mobsters or bond villain henchmen. drat gov'ment!

Happy Fun Bollocks
Aug 4, 2007

by Ion Helmet
The trailer is showing a conflict between the liberal elite Frasier's shadow government and traditional working-class family men Wahlberg/Prime. Frasier believes the autobots can be discarded and replaced with built-to-purpose Transformers that are not psychotic alien gods. Boy will his face be red when the cylons revolt and Galvatron shows up as a herald for Unicron!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Happy Fun Bollocks posted:

The trailer is showing a conflict between the liberal elite Frasier's shadow government and traditional working-class family men Wahlberg/Prime. Frasier believes the autobots can be discarded and replaced with built-to-purpose Transformers that are not psychotic alien gods. Boy will his face be red when the cylons revolt and Galvatron shows up as a herald for Unicron!

"Cybertron's Children are returning home. Today."

- Transformer girl that turns into red Ferrari

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As long as no one fucks a transformer I'll continue watching these.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I just like all the flags cluttered around the trailer, I'd like to believe Bay picked those shots in particular.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's kind of odd, but in transformers fiction across the board, they are only very rarely called transformers. They usually just say "Autobots", "Decepticons" or the more general "Cybertronians". That's not just the movies, that's almost everything Transformers.

"Transformer" feel more slangy, less of a proper name, more of something that a salt-of-the-earth rural guy like Wahlberg's character would say. It'd feel weird to hear him say, "I think I found a Cybertronian!"

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Honest Thief posted:

I just like all the flags cluttered around the trailer, I'd like to believe Bay picked those shots in particular.

Probably not, one of my co-workers cut together one of the spots for the third film and he was basically given free reign on putting the trailer together, though, he never said how the shots he was given to work with were chosen or who picked them. Highly doubt it was Bay.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This one shot from the trailer looks great. And also has a flag in it.

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW
Even though it's still Michael Bay this one looks much better than the previous two without a doubt. Also, it's Mark Wahlberg this time and no more Shia (:pray: Thank God). The new designs for the Transformers look much better along with the addition of dinobots! I can say I'll see this opening day without shame.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here's the IMAX poster.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I watched 'Armageddon' for the first time in like a decade last night, hooooooooooooly poo poo is that a movie.

I didn't remember it being 2 and a half hours long, or being edited with cuts that last 1 second each. It's still an entertaining ride, but so much happens in its runtime that Armageddon makes any of the Transformers movies feel like a quiet meditation on the human condition by comparison. Like, Michael Bay shows an incredible amount of restraint in the Transformers movies compared to Armageddon, holy poo poo.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I feel like I've seen a very similar image to that Imax poster before, especially regarding the general design and stance of the Transformer depicted there. I'll be damned if I can place it, though.

Ungoal
Mar 13, 2014

by XyloJW
Both trailers and now promotional posters feature that robot with the transforming gun head walking out of the ship. Interesting.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Milky Moor posted:

I feel like I've seen a very similar image to that Imax poster before, especially regarding the general design and stance of the Transformer depicted there. I'll be damned if I can place it, though.
Pacific Rim "Gipsy Danger" promo artwork?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Milky Moor posted: