Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Rarity posted:

Holy poo poo you guys I'm watching Micronesia and the girls just got Erik to give up his immunity so they could boot him off. This is the most hilarious booting I've ever seen.

Poor Erik. I wanted to believe he was a decent player who just got worn down by an onslaught the likes of which few Survivor players have suffered.

Then he came back and turned out to be a dunce. So disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Did Erik do something really stupid the second time around? He obviously wasn't a brainiac and he didn't seem to be actively playing but I don't remember him screwing up terribly. I know I wanted him to turn on Stealth-R-Us but considering how physically weak they were compared to the Three Amigos I can't really say it would have been the best move for him. And if I remember correctly he at least had to good sense to realize that Malcolm's "we're going to use the idols and vote Phillip so you might as well not vote for us" could have been a bluff and threw a vote at Phillip to better the odds against the Amigos throwing a curveball.

I mean, I think he's kind of a dope but I also think he was at a severe disadvantage in Micronesia against three of the best players the game as ever had. Under those conditions I'd probably expect the Black Widows would mind gently caress me too.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Erik avoided game talk at all costs, and said after the show that Cochran was the one who told him to tell the tribe that the three amigos might be bluffing with their idols. He didn't do anything actively bad, he was just a literal non-entity on Caramoan. And somehow, he was shocked that he didn't get a lot of screentime

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Asiina posted:

So basically Garrett is Ned.

Not enough hair or beard but it seems he did have his own version of Ice, if you catch my drift.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

How about we don't spoil other shows/book series in a Survivor thread?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Shakugan posted:

Jeff, I'm your father

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Erik was a really good physical player and was very likable. He never really struck me as stupid, even with the immunity necklace incident. To me that was just him being worn down by the constant pressure. He just didn't care to talk strategy ever so it made him really boring to the editors. I imagine being screwed over the first time by strategic schemers didn't make him any more interested for the second time. Also the whole deal where he apparently starved easily. Probably thanks to having no body fat. Kind of amazed he made it as far as he did both times.

I don't think he was surprised he didn't get a lot of screentime. I think he was surprised they never showed any footage of camp downtime where they played games or had fun. It's pretty clear the biggest draw these days are the backstabs and blindsides, etc.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

STAC Goat posted:

Did Erik do something really stupid the second time around?

It was mostly just that he sucked the second time. I gave him a ton of slack after Micronesia for the reasons you mentioned and had high hopes for a return someday. His returning season solidified him as an average-to-below-average player.

Hopefully Marty from Nicaragua and Todd from China don't disappoint similarly if we ever get them as returnees.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Shakugan posted:

Caution: spoilers from the same era of what was posted.

:siren: Bill Clinton wins reelection. :siren:

On topic, how did the US never try a celebrity version of Survivor? I mean I know that Help I'm a Celebrity blah blah show existed, but that was one of those garbage basic cable networks wasn't it?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

IRQ posted:

On topic, how did the US never try a celebrity version of Survivor? I mean I know that Help I'm a Celebrity blah blah show existed, but that was one of those garbage basic cable networks wasn't it?

Probst has been crazy about the idea of doing one for ages. Rumours pop up occasionally but I'd imagine it'd be a nightmare to pull together. Neil Patrick Harris wants to do one but only if it's a real season and not some watered down celebrity version.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

IRQ posted:

Caution: spoilers from the same era of what was posted.

:siren: Bill Clinton wins reelection. :siren:

Because spoilers from a currently airing show are the same as something that happened in the 90s :thumbsup:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Shakugan posted:

Because spoilers from a currently airing show are the same as something that happened in the 90s :thumbsup:

Technically, those spoilers did happen before the election, as the book was published in August of 96, so you are technically correct, the best kind of correct! If... you ignore that the "spoilers" aired on the dumb show 3 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Game_of_Thrones

BGrifter posted:

Probst has been crazy about the idea of doing one for ages. Rumours pop up occasionally but I'd imagine it'd be a nightmare to pull together. Neil Patrick Harris wants to do one but only if it's a real season and not some watered down celebrity version.

I would kill to see NPH on Survivor. I think he'd be a lock to win.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

IRQ posted:

I would kill to see NPH on Survivor. I think he'd be a lock to win.

AWESOME TRIBE WINS IMMUNITY! \o/

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm honestly shocked that the entire internet isn't in on Ned Stark. There have been at least three bigger spoilers since then anyway. Also, Snape kills Dumbledore.

Anyway, I liked Erik. If he hadnt shriveled up and died he could have won, since Cochran and Dawn were such assholes and he had friends on the jury. Erik is what Sandra would have looked like had she not won (twice).

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Previously on Survivor....

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

^^^ poo poo ^^^

:siren: GO TIME BITCHES! :siren:

... previously on Survivor ...

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Robnoxious posted:

:siren: GO TIME BITCHES! :siren:

... previously on Survivor ...

YES! I beat you down to it.
POQUE DO YOU SEE THIS! I AM THE KING OF PREVIOUSLY ON SURVIVOR!
*Jumps on table and slams fists towards own chest and lets out a monkey roar*

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm honestly shocked that the entire internet isn't in on Ned Stark. There have been at least three bigger spoilers since then anyway. Also, Snape kills Dumbledore.

Anyway, I liked Erik. If he hadnt shriveled up and died he could have won, since Cochran and Dawn were such assholes and he had friends on the jury. Erik is what Sandra would have looked like had she not won (twice).
Well what was really bad was that he had to get evacuated and was like dying or whatever, and then they never even checked in on him or talked to him once in the reunion.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I hope this cop conversation is happening in the SPYSHACK

e: COPSRUS

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

drat, and you guys say I'm hard on Sandra.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
NO! Don't partner up with that lunatic!

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

:lol:
Cops'R'Us!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Nexal posted:

YES! I beat you down to it.
POQUE DO YOU SEE THIS! I AM THE KING OF PREVIOUSLY ON SURVIVOR!
*Jumps on table and slams fists towards own chest and lets out a monkey roar*

I was getting a home inspection done :mad:

Cops being "partners in crime" is hilarious. I like Sarah a lot.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Survivor Cagayan: EVERYONE IS loving STUPID

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
"I trust this guy that lied to me for no reason on day one 100%"

smart girl

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

#CopsRUs... gonna go all Kelly Thomas on their tribemates

WHACKWHACKWHACK STOP RESISTING WHACKWHACKWHACK!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I love California, but it's kind of irritating that I can probably :files: Survivor before it even airs.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Robnoxious posted:

#CopsRUs... gonna go all Kelly Thomas on their tribemates

WHACKWHACKWHACK STOP RESISTING WHACKWHACKWHACK!

Oh no, Cliff. :ohdear:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Survivor Cagayan: EVERYONE IS loving STUPID

Pretty much this, yup.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I love California, but it's kind of irritating that I can probably :files: Survivor before it even airs.
Need a stream Calipal?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Kass: "You can replace rice."
Uh what are they gonna replace it with?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

goddamn that looks brutal

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

And Woo's still so positive. :swoon:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

Kass: "You can replace rice."
Uh what are they gonna replace it with?

They're going to eat J'Tia.

I wonder how many people are going to quit today.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
This is Samoa-awful.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Holy crap, that does not look fun.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
100% for Sarah and Woo at this point

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

How is Sarah falling for this guy who lied to her day one?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

"and then Cliff said '(stuff I think black people probably say)'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Oh god Cesternino is going to go nuts with these impersonations.

• Locked thread