Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
I have no objection to the trade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

The Puppy Bowl posted:

32 and 64 is on the cusp of unreasonable trade value. Group thoughts?

Let anarchy reign

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

I also asked for a 6th rounder, but he didn't respond and I had to leave for the gym. I didn't want to stall the draft any longer, and wasn't going to select Lewan nor pass on him.

Actually, checking my PM's, he did agree to give me 192 also.

Gerund posted:

deal and deal.

#17 for #32, #64, and #192

smuggler fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 6, 2014

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I have no objection to the trade also Puppy Bowl I PM'd you

e: Disregard the PMs, I just saw you traded away the pick I was asking for, I'll agree to the trade you offered

vvvv NP

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 6, 2014

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

The trade was long in the making, I tell you what. And as soon as I saw the rival from down south make a trade up, I felt compelled to match him. And the above PM is legit and I would gladly swing the 6th over as well if the thread feels it would make the draft more 'true to life'

As an aside I wanted to thank Intruder for his OP work; its been a godsend keeping up with the trades and current picks and order. I think that the organization has led to a very competitive and well-jockeyed group mock here in TFF.

That said, Seattle currently has no picks until the fifth, and a bevy of champion veteran talent on the roster- I am quite willing to offer player-for-picks trades in PMs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If everybody's cool with it, it must be cool. I do love smuggler's strategy of every player in the 6th round.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

I am too. I am deeply invested in Mr. Irrelevant and will get this mock to said pick if I have to research and choose every other ~200 choices until then, so we'll be seeing what is in smuggler's secret compartment soon enough!

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

6 is the holiest number. :pray:

Guess it's mine now? Yum!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So the Jets have till 5:00pm tomorrow.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Bears just re-upped Jay Ratliff for two years right after I drafted a DT :argh:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm genuinely hoping my pretend sacrifices for an elite LT prospect is enough for the irony gods to make the real life re-signing of Monroe happen.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

What the hell is going on here? :mad:

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Rasczak posted:

He's not that great and super old. Jernigan was a good pick and if they do take him they can have depth to rotate him in, especially if they re-sign Melton.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

We are creating storylines, Cruel and Unusual. Many, many storylines.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Honestly that trade isn't bad at all.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I'm not running any team but I'm willing to make trades if anybody has an offer.

I'll give forums upgrades for players

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Contingent upon the 65th pick and a handshake Haloti Ngata is a Texan.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trade done. Looking forward to my Watt/Clowney/Ngata combo

e: Well, would be if this wasn't a mock draft :v:

e2: Also: *handshake*

Intruder fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 6, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Gerund, I gotta know why you picked Lewan when we already have a good LT. Couldn't you have waited and just snagged the guard we really need?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I would be amazed if this many trades actually happened

Especially for tackles

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Just noticed Bengals are up relatively soon. If any late first rounders want to trade up or any early second rounders want back into the first round, let me know. (I have PMs)

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 6, 2014

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Chichevache posted:

Gerund, I gotta know why you picked Lewan when we already have a good LT. Couldn't you have waited and just snagged the guard we really need?

I had been targeting Mike Evans in the 8-10 range but the trade winds weren't in my favor. But Lewan is a top 10 talent due to be taken, and I felt compelled to offer an equivalent to the San Fran trade because ~RIVALRY~.

In this universe I imagine Incognito gets signed by Seattle, but I also see value in starting Lewan at RT (and LT when Okung inevitably gets injured for a few games). In this CBA you don't have to pre-pay LT talent until they've developed as players, so this is a trade for the future. Breno is a UFA we can afford to be signed by another team.

If I was allowed to trade future picks I would have offered a future first for a better prospect and use the #64 for another immediate talent for the seasons to come.

Gerund fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Mar 6, 2014

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rasczak posted:

I love when non Giants fans are perplexed at drafting a D-lineman despite having 7 quality starters on the line already.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Nah, I just might've looked harder at Dennard, and then if I went that route looked at DL in round 2 or 3 since there's such great depth there

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I really wanted to trade down but I only received insane offers that would have been overturned even if I accepted.

Very happy to walk away from day 1 having drafted an arguable top 3 prospect in this draft at a position of need and having sold off ej Manuel for pretty much Eli manning.

I have big plans for day 2 baby.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sweet Thursday, you can draft McCarron now.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
He's waiting until the last minute so he can surprise us all.
Also, Sweet Thursday, my offer of a sixth for Geno still stands.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
So if I'm understanding correctly, if sweet thursday doesn't pick in the next 15 minutes, the Dolphins are on the clock?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Man the mock draft bogged down early this year

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hell no it didn't we are gonna skip over his rear end LETS DO THIS EHUD GRAB US A TACKLE

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I like to think Sweet Thursday took a team just so he could kill the draft ;)

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
This would never have happened if some one had just given him his stamps.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
This quote

sweet thursday posted:

This is just fantasy football without the commitment

Isn't doing a whole lot to inspire confidence.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Get a move on you jerks, I'm going out of town for spring break in 4 days and doing this from my phone will be a pain in the rear end

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
THE DOLPHINS ARE ON THE CLOCK (maybe?)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
EHUD EHUD EHUD EHUD EHUD

TODD TODD TODD TODD

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ehud just hasn't come home from work yet. When he does the Dolphins will make their... *sob* pick and everything will...(pull it the gently caress together) Everything will be fine.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
So far, the Jets pick is the most realistic.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Atticus Finch posted:

So far, the Jets pick is the most realistic.

If he picked Jay Prosch it probably would be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'll pick for the Jets

The Jets have traded their first round pick the the Houston Texans for Matt Schaub :v:

• Locked thread