Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Comic Strip Megathread XV: As Dan streaks closer to the mothership, one of the "tentacles" rears menacingly towards him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Arelon posted:

Look, I understand that a king can't just go out and watch the latest romantic comedy in a theater because the local tabloids would go hog wild, but is building a secret entrance, a secret mining track/rollercoaster and a secret canal that leads to the movie theater really easier than waiting for the DVD? Hell, I'll bet the producer will mail you a copy ahead of schedule if you ask since you're the king!

Where's the fun in that?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Skellybones fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 6, 2014

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiggum posted:

I was really just taking the opportunity to espouse my vision for the Perfect Comics Strip Thread.

Which sounds like Commie talk to me. :colbert::911:

I've been busy all day, so time for late comics!

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

and on Dilbert..it's been really weird for me lately the past few weeks. Something about gocomics upgrades, at least on Chrome. But I just tried it over on Firefox, and it works fine. :psyduck:

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 6, 2014

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

Is this too big? I'm sticking an h after the url so it's already shrunk down some, but I think going with an l makes it too small. The only other option would be leaving it giant and thumbnailing it.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

God, the suspense is killing me, any strip could be his last.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (February 16th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Boote Brothers are definitely coming out of this in better shape so far. Is Willie's idea going to work?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Some Guy TT posted:

La Cucaracha

I assume the person who does this is Latino, so why do I feel offended whenever I see it (beyond it being offensively bad)?

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

On the other hand, I do love this comic.

Edit: vv I am really liking it.

catlord fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 6, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

This strip is truly one of the best I've ever read, reading it daily just doesn't do it justice. Folks, sit down and read this one in one or two sittings, it is really a masterwork of art and storytelling.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

And we're supposed to think these child-neglecting assholes are cool.

Apartment 3-G

Rose, Tommie ain't too bright. You're probably going to want to dumb this news down a shade.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Have these two just been walking around in circles this whole time? The German double-agent made it back to England faster than these two clowns and he was tied up at the time.

Pibgorn

That crotch kick isn't nearly as impressive as the one Brooke has delivered to Shakespeare's works.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Ha ha, they're really putting one over on that love-starved child! Here's hoping that this time she picks the smart option and really does run away.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

I want to believe Peter's just going to walk away muttering something about life being too short.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

:allears: Soooo goooood.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

If you're extremely spendthrift you save those envelopes to reuse. Not that I would know anything about that.

Retail

All the more reason to hide out at the food court instead.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

She'll figure yours out next Bleeker so watch out. Then she shall be known as "Tink: Stray dog and robot killer"

Dustin

"I totally get you, caller #2! I myself have a shopping addiction and my husband once dropped several thousand bucks on cycling clothes!"

On the Fastrack

Oh no, it's the battle of the battle-axes.

Safe Havens

drat! It's another old movie reference (that flew right over my head)!

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

drat! It's another old movie reference (that flew right over my head)!

More like old TV. I don't think I'm that old, but since I laughed I guess I kind of am?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEZYmTyHrx4

Circle gets the square.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

:confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

??????????????????????????

Help me out here guys

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
HEY! It's Retail!! Customers, am I right?? Hahahaahahahaha!!!

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Macaluso posted:

:confused:

:confused::confused::confused:

??????????????????????????

Help me out here guys

Apparently the theme this week was 'Main character brushed his hair!!!' and this is the first time I noticed because the 'brushed' look was indistinguishable from the 'regular/bedhead look' at the end of the comic.

At least I assume that's his regular character design.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Midnight Moth posted:

Gil

If you're extremely spendthrift you save those envelopes to reuse. Not that I would know anything about that.
Spendthrift actually means the opposite of thrifty.

quote:

spend·thrift
1. (noun) a person who spends possessions or money extravagantly or wastefully; prodigal.
2. (adjective) wastefully extravagant; prodigal.
:eng101:

Midnight Moth posted:

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

She'll figure yours out next Bleeker so watch out. Then she shall be known as "Tink: Stray dog and robot killer"

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

That crotch kick isn't nearly as impressive as the one Brooke has delivered to Shakespeare's works.

This is one of the most dramatic moments in the entire play. Therefore, resolving it with accidental oar-murder is appropriate.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Little does he know that nothing awaits him in Skull Cave but weeks of tedium.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

[b]Rex Morgan MD

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

This is one of the most dramatic moments in the entire play. Therefore, resolving it with accidental oar-murder is appropriate.

I actually thought the Miyamoto reference was a pretty cool idea. Of course, it's utterly wasted here because Brooke McEldowney is a hack and must be destroyed, but still.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Wanamingo posted:

Oh, Brother

Is this too big? I'm sticking an h after the url so it's already shrunk down some, but I think going with an l makes it too small. The only other option would be leaving it giant and thumbnailing it.

I'd say the l size is probably fine, but h isn't going off the edge of my screen or anything so it's no big deal either way.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Does anyone remember why it is that Bwad and Toni can't find time to spend alone together? They act like they have these brief windows of opportunity that Shannon keeps ruining, but they're both grown adults with ordinary jobs and their own houses, so what's the issue?

Pidmon posted:

Apparently the theme this week was 'Main character brushed his hair!!!' and this is the first time I noticed because the 'brushed' look was indistinguishable from the 'regular/bedhead look' at the end of the comic.

At least I assume that's his regular character design.

See the weird bit sticking up at the front? He brushed that down, but when he woke up it was sticking up again.

Betty

They're saying that Star Wars doesn't hold up? Is that a thing people actually think?

Heathcliff

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

:smithicide:

Well, there's goes my ability to sleep... ever. What comic is this from?

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Simian_Prime posted:

:smithicide:

Well, there's goes my ability to sleep... ever. What comic is this from?

Gunnerkrigg Court

http://gunnerkrigg.com/archives/

Enjoy! There is a thread in this subforum for it as well.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Gunnerkrigg Court. Link goes to the first page, you'll thank me for it later.

edit: Now in stereo!

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Tiggum posted:

See the weird bit sticking up at the front? He brushed that down, but when he woke up it was sticking up again.

Yeah, I misphrased it - it's been the theme all week (every week is a slow week in comics) but this is the first time I actually could see what was different because they're both in the same comic rather than having to go back to check.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up re. Gunnerkreig Court. Tom's art looks really rough for the first few chapters.

But his art gets a whole lot better, e.g.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Fok_It

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

This strip is truly one of the best I've ever read, reading it daily just doesn't do it justice. Folks, sit down and read this one in one or two sittings, it is really a masterwork of art and storytelling.

Then maybe I need to read it all at once, because once a day makes it lovely. It can't make up its mind if it wants to be a comic or a novel with a few pictures attached and so far it's tons of cliche descriptions and no real substance. Then again I don't know if reading all of that Nixon space future comic in one sitting would make it bearable. Just what the hell is happening in that last comic?

Wait, why is the Retail store understaffed? Wasn't Josh replaced, so they are back to full staff?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Have these two just been walking around in circles this whole time? The German double-agent made it back to England faster than these two clowns and he was tied up at the time.
Did he really just put a PANEL DIVIDER right down the middle of a series of word balloons which are supposed to be read from top to bottom?

It might even have worked if he had them go across it instead of just being cut by the gutter.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moominpappa :allears:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
Comic Strip Megathread XV: Just imagine, to have a good reason for boring holes in the floor...

:allears:

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Wait, why is the Retail store understaffed? Wasn't Josh replaced, so they are back to full staff?
Josh agitating for a raise upset the corporate overlords and they cut payroll hours to punish the entire store or something. At least that's Marla's logic.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Momma

Look how pleased Momma is. She's effervescent throughout! It's a shame her joke is flawed, as God knows everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Mr. Squishy posted:

Momma

Look how pleased Momma is. She's effervescent throughout! It's a shame her joke is flawed, as God knows everything.

She's going into the kitchen to cry.

• Locked thread