Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm shocked that their respective departments were able to spare them for the time to film the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Next week:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Another fun episode, good start to this season.

Tony is awesome. Sucks at Survivor, but drat entertaining. I hope he goes far. I love irrepairably flawed players like that. He's about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

I feel I got exactly enough of Brice from this season. A GIF of his face during the "dot dot dot :stare:" sequence is a must, and I figure one funny GIF and a few good lines is kind of his ceiling.

LJ continues to look strong and has to be an early frontrunner. Sarah kind of lost her way this week. I'll be curious to see the reaction on RHAP considering how much they were heaping praise on her last week. Woo is on pace to be an amusing wallflower and it's still fun saying his name like Ric Flair would.

It's still early but it looks like Spencer has some serious chops. He's been in an incredibly difficult spot and is putting on a clinic at handling bad situations on Survivor. He's hitting all the right notes being self deprecating, positive without coming off mindlessly so, keeping quiet when the situation calls for it. I'm very impressed. The confessional about how he has to be patient, manage his emotions, not get too down and try to get out of this tribe alive is spot on.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Didn't think I'd be saying this, but Sarah is even worse at interrogating people than Tony is at chasing criminals across rooftops.

In fairness we have no data on Tony's ability to chase criminals across rooftops. He could secretly be Batman for all we know.

On the one hand, I'm glad beauty lost, because I'm rooting for Spencer and all the interesting people I want to see stick around are either on Brains or Brawn, but on the other hand every single person on the Beauty tribe is a bland nothing person, or otherwise annoying, and I couldn't bring myself to give two shits about who got voted off in this episode.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
Brains tribe still sucked at that challenge even though they didn't lose. J'tia was trying to toss like, droplets sometimes. If everything falls out just toss the bucket back. I guess they were good at the maze. With a puzzle it helps if a team can talk it out together if they can work together. Not just going "c'moooooooon focus! FOCUS! WHY ARE YOU NOT FOCUSING ON THE PUZZLE?" while one person flounders. Maybe they would have been extra super lovely had they not practiced.

I thought Jefra's name was Jethra. You know, the female version of Jethro. Also, this has probably been pointed out already, but her last name is literally Bland.

In terms of fitting the stereotypes, Tasha should be a member of every tribe. Dayum.

Although Brains tribe is chumps I was glad to see them not lose just to mix things up a bit.

I agree Spencer is handling his pretty bad situation well for now. Though I feel like if they had to go to tribal council he would still be the one going home. A more proactive player might be looking for an idol that was put back into play after Garret was possibly voted out with one in his pocket. Though I think lately they haven't been doing that? I didn't watch the last season.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Metropolis posted:

In terms of fitting the stereotypes, Tasha should be a member of every tribe. Dayum.

Agreed. She is easily one of the absolute hottest women on any of the tribes. According to the bios in the OP, she's 37

Dayum indeed

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Metropolis posted:

I agree Spencer is handling his pretty bad situation well for now. Though I feel like if they had to go to tribal council he would still be the one going home.

You could see the look on his face when they won by the skin of their teeth. Spencer felt the bullet part his hair as it passed by him.

I agree, though - if they go to council, a women's alliance will cut him out. Which is, again, the stupidest maneuver. They barely won the challenge, barely, and it was Spencer who clinched it. Meanwhile, J'Tia seemed unsure which end of the bucket was up and again, she burned all the loving food. Booting Spencer means they are sure to lose the challenge after that council, and then its blending and scrabbling from there.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Really sad to see Brice go, he was the only interesting person on that tribe. But I am very glad the Brains won for once-- I was worried if they lost every challenge and were Matsing'd that they'd never try 3 tribes again.

All seasons should be 3 tribe seasons. :colbert:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I wouldn't be so quick to count Spencer out. He's done some excellent little things since that tribal to set up a potential scramble should he need it. Stuff like playing along with Tasha's practice thing when she threw it in his face, laughing off the loss of Garrett immediately, cultivating as positive an image as he can with the other three. He's probably in a position where he could attempt a credible idol bluff if necessary. J'Tia is also unstable enough he could subtly provoke her into going off and help take some of the heat off himself. If they lose next immunity he's not completely out of options.

Also working in his favor is the likelyhood that we'll see some sort of tribe shuffle soon. He probably only has to survive one more episode before getting a relatively fresh shot at the game. It's still a bad position to be in, but what he really needed was an immunity win in either this episode or the next and he got it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

BGrifter posted:

I wouldn't be so quick to count Spencer out. He's done some excellent little things since that tribal to set up a potential scramble should he need it. Stuff like playing along with Tasha's practice thing when she threw it in his face, laughing off the loss of Garrett immediately, cultivating as positive an image as he can with the other three. He's probably in a position where he could attempt a credible idol bluff if necessary. J'Tia is also unstable enough he could subtly provoke her into going off and help take some of the heat off himself. If they lose next immunity he's not completely out of options.

Also working in his favor is the likelyhood that we'll see some sort of tribe shuffle soon. He probably only has to survive one more episode before getting a relatively fresh shot at the game. It's still a bad position to be in, but what he really needed was an immunity win in either this episode or the next and he got it.

Yeah, you could kind of see on Tasha's and Kass' face how much of a disappointing disaster J'tia was in the immunity challenge. She was literally creating a drizzle watch with her ineptitude when they really needed to make it rain. It was really Beauty's ineptitude at the labyrinth maze that saved Brains from another nuclear meltdown defeat. Beauty mostly snatched defeat from their face of sub par victory.

Even in Tasha's confessional she said wouldn't be hesitant to cut J'tia loose despite their soul sista connection (which is really the only reason she hasn't been cut yet). It would be stupid to slog along some dead weight like J'tia who has already proven to be an emotional loose cannon and a pointless contributor to island life. I think Kass will backflip on her all-girl alliance bid and Tasha will easily sway as well. They need Spencer more than he needs them. If Spencer can, god-willing, make it to merge he'll easily meld elsewhere. Kass and Tasha have more of an uphill climb based on their performance so far.

Spencer has a lot of soft-shoe dancing to perform in order to get the target off of his back but I think J'tia's unstable mindset will enlighten Kass and Tasha to cut her rope and cast her out to sea.

Then again, this is Team Brains we're talking about and they've been anything but.

Midrena
May 2, 2009

Robnoxious posted:

Yeah, you could kind of see on Tasha's and Kass' face how much of a disappointing disaster J'tia was in the immunity challenge.

Totally agree. The Brain tribe didn't suck at the challenge -- J'tia sucked at the challenge. Can that crazy idiot do anything right? Also, loving lol at her whining about wanting rice to eat.

DurosKlav posted:

Preview: I WAS JUST KIDDING BRAWN. You dont have to do something crazy to match the other 2 tribes.

Yeah, isn't that just inviting the Survivor curse to come down on you? It seems like every time a team throws a challenge, afterward the tribe goes into a death spiral and keeps bleeding members and then suddenly they're down members for the merge. When someone talks about throwing a challenge, all I can think is :byewhore: . Hopefully they won't do something stupid.

Midrena fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 6, 2014

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Robnoxious posted:

Need a stream Calipal?

Say what?

Midrena
May 2, 2009

Robnoxious was asking if you, a fellow Californian (Calipal = California Pal), would like a link to a stream.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

It's good to see so many players knowing to "keep their mouth shut" and not make things worse for themselves.

Annoying to see Brice go. He was one of the better members of that tribe and now Morgan is in danger which makes me sad.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Robnoxious posted:

Need a stream Calipal?

:allears:

A bit late, but hell. If they recruit contestants from our hippie markets, we deserve timely Survivor!

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

BGrifter posted:

Another fun episode, good start to this season.

Tony is awesome. Sucks at Survivor, but drat entertaining. I hope he goes far. I love irrepairably flawed players like that. He's about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

I feel I got exactly enough of Brice from this season. A GIF of his face during the "dot dot dot :stare:" sequence is a must, and I figure one funny GIF and a few good lines is kind of his ceiling.

LJ continues to look strong and has to be an early frontrunner. Sarah kind of lost her way this week. I'll be curious to see the reaction on RHAP considering how much they were heaping praise on her last week. Woo is on pace to be an amusing wallflower and it's still fun saying his name like Ric Flair would.

It's still early but it looks like Spencer has some serious chops. He's been in an incredibly difficult spot and is putting on a clinic at handling bad situations on Survivor. He's hitting all the right notes being self deprecating, positive without coming off mindlessly so, keeping quiet when the situation calls for it. I'm very impressed. The confessional about how he has to be patient, manage his emotions, not get too down and try to get out of this tribe alive is spot on.

Tony did the classic cop move of seperating 2 perps and telling one, "Your buddy in the other cell told me that..."
I was surprised Sarah fell for it so easily. The Know-It-Alls said that even though it worked for Tony the danger is that if Sarah finds out (by taking to the other people), Tony will be in serious trouble. Also that Tony really got a lucky break at the end when Sarah dropped in the hammock and Lindsay derisively laughed at her, proving his point.

But some of the posters here seem to be falling into the same trap as the Survivors, of believing the created distinction between tribes. The Beauty tribe is bland?! Woo, Cliff and Trish didn't do much this episode that was entertaining or interesting.
A few more days on the rice diet and Cliff is probably going to look like he's moving in slow motion.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

mancalamania posted:

Really sad to see Brice go, he was the only interesting person on that tribe.

I don't know why everyone is saying the entirety of Beauty Tribe is uninteresting. LJ really impressed me this episode.

Robnoxious posted:

I think Kass will backflip on her all-girl alliance bid and Tasha will easily sway as well.

Kass was my pre-game vote to go far, but she's proven to be quite the wildcard who doesn't make decisions in her own interest.

No gifs from me this week. I'm sure the entirety of Morgan's screentime will be in gif format somewhere online. Nothing else was gif-worthy to me.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

What episode were you guys watching where you thought Spencer was killing it in the bucket half of the challenge? Half his throws were landing by Tasha's feet. J'Tia was throwing drops of water because she was receiving drops of water; watch it again, Probst said you have to throw what you receive.

I like Spencer, and he did really well in the maze portion of the challenge, but they got really lucky that Beauty was as bad at this week's puzzle as J'Tia was at last week's.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Lone Goat posted:

What episode were you guys watching where you thought Spencer was killing it in the bucket half of the challenge? Half his throws were landing by Tasha's feet. J'Tia was throwing drops of water because she was receiving drops of water; watch it again, Probst said you have to throw what you receive.

I like Spencer, and he did really well in the maze portion of the challenge, but they got really lucky that Beauty was as bad at this week's puzzle as J'Tia was at last week's.

Yeah. J'Tia didn't deserve the flak she got this week, at least not all of it. She can't toss more water than she received.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The water didn't go straight to J'Tia from Spencer. The second throw arguably loses far more water and there were a couple times where you could see Tasha get irate about J'Tia's absent-mindedness.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Lone Goat posted:

Guess the kid's not the tosser everyone thought he'd be going into the season huh?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Midrena posted:

Totally agree. The Brain tribe didn't suck at the challenge -- J'tia sucked at the challenge. Can that crazy idiot do anything right?
I disagree. Yeah J'Tia was bad at the challenge I guess, but most of the time there was no water by the time it got to her. I actually thought Tasha was struggling a lot, dropping buckets and making some bad throws.

CODChimera posted:

It's good to see so many players knowing to "keep their mouth shut" and not make things worse for themselves.

Annoying to see Brice go. He was one of the better members of that tribe and now Morgan is in danger which makes me sad.
Yeah Morgan is on the chopping block, but up against Brains and Brawn, she might get a stay of execution until they do a shuffle?

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

Morgan not understanding Jeff's question was amazing, I don't know how he didn't crack up at that.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I can only give shits about Brawn at this point. I'll put it up to opinion:

Do we like Woo, who has gotten a couple of reasonable confessionals and character building moments, or Vin Diesel, who's getting sold over the top? I can't tell if Woo will be a boring mid-season boot or a powerful dark horse. Likewise, I can't tell if Vin Diesel will go all Shamar, or turn into Ressel 2.0.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Fast Luck posted:

I disagree. Yeah J'Tia was bad at the challenge I guess, but most of the time there was no water by the time it got to her. I actually thought Tasha was struggling a lot, dropping buckets and making some bad throws.

Yeah, watching the challenge it was definitely Tasha and Spencer who were losing most of the water.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

To be fair, they were the first two so they had much more water to lose

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Woo is the first time I can recall having a genuine piece of eyecandy on "Survivor." Him being good-natured even in the face of adversity and appearing to have a good head on his shoulders is just icing.

I'm not sure if he's cutthroat enough to make it to final, but I think he'll st least make the merge.

CopsRUs are going to overplay themselves right out of the game as soon as they end up going to tribal.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 6, 2014

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

J'Tia was tossing the water in a way that basically had it shotgunning right out of the bucket. Everybody else was having success arcing the bucket so there was a solid stream you could try to get under. J'Tia was doing it like she was chest-passing a basketball.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

sportsgenius86 posted:

J'Tia was tossing the water in a way that basically had it shotgunning right out of the bucket. Everybody else was having success arcing the bucket so there was a solid stream you could try to get under. J'Tia was doing it like she was chest-passing a basketball.

Wasn't everybody BUT J'Tia tossing the bucket? How would there be a solid stream to get under?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Poque posted:

Wasn't everybody BUT J'Tia tossing the bucket? How would there be a solid stream to get under?

That's my fault. I meant the people in J'Tia's position on the other teams. If you do it right, there should basically be a line of water that follows a semi-predictable path. J'Tia was essentially just shoving water toward the last person. I mean, it's mostly luck either way you do it, but J'Tia was doing it in a way that pretty much guaranteed the final person would retain as little water as possible even if they did everything right.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That makes sense. It definitely looked like the third performers on the other two teams were schooling her.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Propaganda Machine posted:

I can only give shits about Brawn at this point. I'll put it up to opinion:

Do we like Woo, who has gotten a couple of reasonable confessionals and character building moments, or Vin Diesel, who's getting sold over the top? I can't tell if Woo will be a boring mid-season boot or a powerful dark horse. Likewise, I can't tell if Vin Diesel will go all Shamar, or turn into Ressel 2.0.

Woo has received so little screen time I don't expect him to have much of an impact on the game down the stretch. I can't help but like #WooTangClan but I don't think he's a serious contender to win.

Tony is pretty much a lock to self destruct at some point but drat it'll be fun watching him get there. The thing I find fascinating about him is he's doing some really good stuff around the idol and isn't a complete bonehead. He's overplaying the hell out of Sarah though and will drat sure get caught if he keeps it up.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah he's a total knucklehead but he's funny and by virtue of playing the game hard he's improved his outlook some with that idol. And despite initially blowing it with Sarah she seems like a sucker for the cop connection. Thing is, even with Sarah and Trish, that tribe is gonna be 3-3 deadlocked, because both Lindsay and Woo we know really like Cliff. Since he's got the idol that'd be the time to play it and take control but I don't think he's gonna give it to Trish. Of course (preview spoiler) if that tribe is throwing the challenge to get rid of someone odds are it's that buffoon Tony. I don't see any chance that Cliff or Woo would work people up that much. Oh, but then he gets 5-1'd in the vote, plays the idol, and poor Uncle Cliffy is sent home...

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
If you check the video of the challenge, it seems pretty clear that Spencer and Tasha were losing most of the water.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Why do both the white dudes on Beauty tribe have to look EXACTLY the same? How the gently caress am I supposed to tell them apart?

Also, someone please please gif the scene where Morgan throws a bitchy smile at Alexis and the camera pans to Brice throwing the exact same same bitchy smile at her too. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

TheChad posted:

Why do both the white dudes on Beauty tribe have to look EXACTLY the same? How the gently caress am I supposed to tell them apart?

Also, someone please please gif the scene where Morgan throws a bitchy smile at Alexis and the camera pans to Brice throwing the exact same same bitchy smile at her too. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

LJ looks like twenty years older than Jeremiah, despite being the same age. If you told me that LJ was 44 and Jeremiah was 24, I'd believe it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

BGrifter posted:

Tony is pretty much a lock to self destruct at some point but drat it'll be fun watching him get there.
Tony is the crowning example of something plaguing nearly everybody on this season, including the Brains idiots -- they're all so stupid-smart, overthinking and overplaying everything. While I was watching the last episode I actually started wishing for a bunch of mactors who didn't know the show, just because at least they wouldn't be pulling idiotic meta poo poo like lying to everyone for no good reason, voting for Day 39 on Day 2, engineering vote splits at the first Tribal Council, and so on, and so forth.

I mean, for fucksakes. Vote out the weak people so that you win challenges, it's that simple right now, stop overcomplicating this poo poo so early.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
The thing is...sometimes a person that is on a team that loses a lot still wins the game. Not even a couple seasons ago, a woman that went to every tribal won the game. It's a mildly more risky way to play, but thinking beyond "win the challenges" is a valid and sometimes winning way to play.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Anonymous Zebra posted:

The thing is...sometimes a person that is on a team that loses a lot still wins the game. Not even a couple seasons ago, a woman that went to every tribal won the game. It's a mildly more risky way to play, but thinking beyond "win the challenges" is a valid and sometimes winning way to play.

What? You have got to be joking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CapnAndy posted:

I mean, for fucksakes. Vote out the weak people so that you win challenges, it's that simple right now, stop overcomplicating this poo poo so early.

This is basically the problem. You seem to have two types of people lately who play this game. People thinking about the end game from day 1 and trying to get out any and all competition, ruining their team's chances of ever getting there. Or people who just don't know how the game functions at all and if they make it post-merge they're strategic dead weight.

I know it must be hard not to get super excited and think about the end game, but really people need to remember that not all phases of this game are equal.

• Locked thread