Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

supergayboy posted:

Does anyone have any good suggestions for music mods? I love the music from vanilla, but I'm looking for a little more variety, preferably stuff that fits in with the original stuff.

There were a few 20 21 pages ago. Nexus links may no longer work because Nexus. Nexus always changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Some big changes coming for Chocolate Pack 1.0. I've ditched The Lighting Mod altogether, because it simply makes caves pitch black, and that's not fun. Instead I've picked up Piratelord's Morrowind Relighted, which is a lot less intrusive.

I've added Lattice's Richer Textures, which is a very nice and very vanilla-esque texture replacer. It's a great base on which to add other, more specific texture replacements (armor, skulls, books, etc.)

I've resolved a ton of mod conflicts and cleaned some mods of GMSTs (including some of Bethesda's official mods) using the advice found in mlox's sorting log.

I'm also falling back to Wakim's Game Improvements instead of BTB's, because gently caress that guy. The one thing I'm keeping is BTB's Character module, because the modifications he makes to birthsigns are actually really awesome.

I considered Piratelord's Expanded Sounds, but it gave me some errors and then the sounds were really jarring and bad, so I took it out.

Also working on fixing Taddeus's 'On the Rocks', which I will really like if I can fix the Ald Redaynia error.

And as usual, Chocolate UI is coming along.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

GreatGreen posted:

I put the music from Oblivion and Skyrim into my Morrowind music folder. That works really well actually.

I do this as well. I also do the same thing for Oblivion and Skyrim.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Really, any Jeremy Soule soundtrack works here; having his Taris theme from KotOR begin playing while you're exploring Vivec is a pretty cool experience.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Just chiming in to say I really like the look of the UI. Currently redownloading MW and I can't be bothered with sifting through a million hand-installed mods again, so I'm really looking forward to the next release of your pack.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Mammal Sauce posted:

Just chiming in to say I really like the look of the UI. Currently redownloading MW and I can't be bothered with sifting through a million hand-installed mods again, so I'm really looking forward to the next release of your pack.

Aw, shucks. Thanks! Just for you, here's what I have done on Chocolate UI so far. This is probably what will be included in Chocolate Pack 1.0.

http://ge.tt/7gWypqO1/v/0?c

Speaking of which, I think I'm ready to compile 1.0. It's gonna be a bit of work typing up a list of mods and linking to each one -- that's probably going to be the biggest delay in releasing it -- but it's just about done. I'd like to test it with my own save for a few more hours before I let it go.

(and fix Taddeus's mod once and for all)

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED
Best music to put in is all of the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
http://pluto.fliggerty.com/

This has quickly become one of my favorite mods recently. It adds this inn with a great variety of quests, items and a host of interesting NPC's (including several custom ones which look look fairly ridiculous) and is compatible for a number of other popular mods as well. Only problem is the number of texture/mesh errors that still somehow plague it including the most recent one I found which is a .nif file. Always fun trying to fix those.

aeglus posted:

Best music to put in is all of the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack.

Riders of Doom :getin:

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Installed MGSO and unfortunately the game crashes every time I start it. Any suggestions?

Windows 7, ATI mobility Radeon 5870, this happens when I try to start a new game where the initial cutscene would start

Wangsucker 69 fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 6, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Is there a semi-balanced version of Magical Trinkets of Tamriel? I downloaded v4, wandered into a random bandit cave and found a trinket in every single barrel and crate I looked in. Had to be about 10000 gold's worth in the first room alone. Little bit ridiculous. I don't remember it being like this last time I played with it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Welp I've stumbled across the Muffinwind house. It's muffins all the way down from here on out.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Is there a semi-balanced version of Magical Trinkets of Tamriel? I downloaded v4, wandered into a random bandit cave and found a trinket in every single barrel and crate I looked in. Had to be about 10000 gold's worth in the first room alone. Little bit ridiculous. I don't remember it being like this last time I played with it.

Is that the one that has floaty magical stones (ioun stones?) which give you buffs?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Black Pants posted:

Is that the one that has floaty magical stones (ioun stones?) which give you buffs?
Yeah, it has a lot of dumb fiddly things, but a lot of cool stuff too. I just remember it being a bit harder to find the things, rather than finding them in every loving crate.

Omi-Polari posted:

Welp I've stumbled across the Muffinwind house. It's muffins all the way down from here on out.
:getin:

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 6, 2014

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

I'd be happy with a version with JUST the awesome rings you had to find stones for. Those rings were awesome. I'm not sure how to remove everything else without breaking everything though. I did change prices to be about 1/10th what they are normally for *some* balance though when I used it.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Oh. Hey, Morrowind thread. Is...is it...what day is it again?

This game. This. Game.

I'm using the online map to save time on certain locations (because seriously, this game doesn't mark hardly anything that you find on the map) and the wiki to identify the few quest conflicts and cool items I stumble across that I ensure are not quest-essential before selling/tossing.

This game is just fantastic. I love the sheer amount of stuff that's there just to add flavor. I love how they basically invite you to break the game as you get powerful. I've held off delving into Alchemy and Enchanting so far simply because 1) I keep saying "as soon as this quest is done... and 2) Once I got the cephalopod helm that lets you summon a Dremora, I starting whacking Daedra and scoring Dai-katanas that let me mow through enemies when combined with my magic and I haven't felt too threatened very often.

I went old-school with a couple of things. I saddled up next to a scrip, put a stapler on the sneak key, and let it go all night. Felt like something out of 1996, which is a good thing.

I just became Arch-Magister of Telvanni (because gently caress everyone, summon bitches). I'm already Archmage, and I'm coming close to taking over the Thieves and Fighters Guild (gently caress you, Hardheart). I'm about 2/3 through the Temple and Morag Tong quests. I haven't touched the Imperial factions and I've only done 3 or 4 of the Blades quest (which I guess is the main story?--barely care at this point).

I think once Tel Uvrith finishes its final evolution, it will be time to figure out how to make the sweet set of bound Daedric armor with ridiculous enchants. Just how crazy can you go with that? I was thinking of making the equivalent of the One Ring...slip it on and become a god--bound everything, invisibility, resistances, etc. I haven't looked at the mechanics enough to know if that's feasible.

Anyway, I know I'm not telling you guys anything you don't know. I just had to come back and thank you for helping me get into this fantastic game. I haven't had this much fun in an RPG since Serpent Isle.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Well you're not going to get bound everything + shield + chameleon all on one ring. Prob your best bet is to enchant an amulet with bound everything for a million seconds, and then enchant whatever clothes you're wearing under your armor with the chameleon/shield stuff. Its going to be expensive as hell and even with 100 enchant you won't be able to make it yourself. That said, stupidly expensive is rarely a giant hurdle in elder scrolls games.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Derek Dominoe posted:

I'm already Archmage, and I'm coming close to taking over the Thieves and Fighters Guild (gently caress you, Hardheart).

I don't know how far you've been looking into this but unless there's something I'm overlooking, you have to complete one or the other in the Thieves and Fighters Guild line (I'm doing Thieves this time).

I finished the Tribunal yesterday and is it ever the longest god drat drudge of all time. I've also been working on the Thieves Guild because I pretty much slid into the rogue fold this time around.

This time around, though, I think I'm going to limit myself to one or two questlines per character. In Skyrim, I pretty much tried everything and managed to only complete a few without bugs. This one is even easier to screw up like when I accidentally stole the letter to Oritius Maro so I figure I'm going to choose my battles very selectively. It'll be a bummer starting fresh without my spoils, but it gives me a chance to explore other venues in a more vanilla fashion. Maybe this time I'll do a heavily armored battlemage?

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
You can do both thieves and fighters so long as you don't take certain quests from the fighter's guild. You'll still get enough quest credit without it to take over.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

I think if you do Thieves Guild first, it'll be okay -- because at the end of the proper Fighters Guild questline, you have to kill a bunch of pro-Thieves guild operatives who have been influencing the Fighters Guild from the inside.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Close, but they're actually Camonna Tong, so it shouldn't affect your standing with the Thieves Guild. On the other hand, if you actually start working for Hard-Heart, then yeah, you do end up killing a bunch of the Thieves Guild leadership, so don't even both joining up with them if you plan to do that.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Cross-Section posted:

Close, but they're actually Camonna Tong, so it shouldn't affect your standing with the Thieves Guild. On the other hand, if you actually start working for Hard-Heart, then yeah, you do end up killing a bunch of the Thieves Guild leadership, so don't even both joining up with them if you plan to do that.

That's what I was thinking. I always end up siding with Percius Mercius anyway, so I wasn't super familiar with Hard-Heart's side of the story.

Malsgrein fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 7, 2014

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
This was something that Morrowind did way better than Skyrim. I was in both the the thieves and fighters guild, and when I got to the fighters' guildmaster and he basically was all flat-out "I'm evil, do my bidding", I just murdered him on the spot and became guildmaster.

In Skyrim, I was similarly annoyed by Ancano in the mages college questline, but when I tried to murder him he just took a floornap, popped back up, and kept being an annoying egotripping bitch.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

In Skyrim, I was similarly annoyed by Ancano in the mages college questline, but when I tried to murder him he just took a floornap, popped back up, and kept being an annoying egotripping bitch.

This list makes me legit sad: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Essential_NPCs. Why, bethesda, you used to be better than this. Even in like Fallout 3.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

cthulhoo posted:

This list makes me legit sad: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Essential_NPCs. Why, bethesda, you used to be better than this. Even in like Fallout 3.

I wonder as to what percentage of non-generic (guards and such) NPCs are set as essential. I'd bet it's probably something crazy like 50% or more.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Oggumogoggum posted:

That's what I was thinking. I always end up siding with Percius Mercius anyway, so I wasn't super familiar with Hard-Heart's side of the story.

Every time I see "Percius Mercius", it becomes "Biggus Dickus".

If you pay attention to even early Thieves Guild dialogue, they'll tell you about the Fighters Guild connection with the Cammona Tong. I found out that even Hardheart's lieutenant was shady by happening to talk to Percius about a target in Aldruhn. Around the same time, Gentleman Jim started sending me to turn a few leaders in our favor, and voilĂ .

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

cthulhoo posted:

10 of them are just nameless idiots for the Dark Brotherhood quests.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Oggumogoggum posted:

Some big changes coming for Chocolate Pack 1.0...

This looks really great! I'm going to start a new game of Morrowind when this comes out. Probably gonna stream it, might even beat it this time.

One question about your design philosophy - do you feel the LGNPC mods "distort the vanilla feel of Morrowind"? I always used them and felt they worked, but maybe there are quests that aren't so great. Or are you against adding more quests/etc in general?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think the general issue most people have with the LGNPC mods is, apart from all the sexist stuff mentioned earlier in the thread, suddenly every single NPC will tell you five pages of dialogue about their life story. They went from 'less generic' to 'neverending font of info'. Fun at so at first, but eventually just "I don't care that you got attacked by a Daedra fourteen years ago and it changed your life!" tiresome.

EDIT: You were talking to Oggumogoggum. Feel free to ignore my post. :downs:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Alikchi posted:

One question about your design philosophy - do you feel the LGNPC mods "distort the vanilla feel of Morrowind"? I always used them and felt they worked, but maybe there are quests that aren't so great. Or are you against adding more quests/etc in general?

oh boy :can:

to summarize a lot of pages of posts, LGNPC introduces a lot of poorly written and/or straight up weirdly sexual content that doesn't fit in with anything anywhere. Yeah there are some good ones, but for a pack that's supposed to be "vanilla but better" you don't want dunmerfemalesareverysexual.jpg

that and again, a lot of is it poorly written schlock

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Alikchi posted:

This looks really great! I'm going to start a new game of Morrowind when this comes out. Probably gonna stream it, might even beat it this time.

I'd love to see a streamed playthrough of the pack. I'd definitely watch.

I'm planning on setting up a domain and simple WordPress site for the official release of 1.0, but that won't be much work when the time comes. If you do end up doing a playthrough, I'll be sure to link to you.

As for LGNPC, see the couple of replies that people posted. Too much junk, too much weird sex stuff, too much text overall. Chocolate Pack will include a couple of mods that increase variety in normal NPC conversation, but only a little bit.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Ahh, thanks a bunch. I had no idea - I guess I'd only played a bit of the Ald'ruhn one years ago.

It's a shame, I like the idea of more fleshed out characters, but that poo poo isn't cool. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up.

When do you expect 1.0 to come out?

Alikchi fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Mar 8, 2014

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
I just realized that I have no idea when or where I'm supposed to start Tribunal or Bloodmoon. Are they intended to be played after the Main Quest? If not, is there an ideal time to start them?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Derek Dominoe posted:

I just realized that I have no idea when or where I'm supposed to start Tribunal or Bloodmoon. Are they intended to be played after the Main Quest? If not, is there an ideal time to start them?

Tribunal is heavily related to the Main Quest, Bloodmoon is its own thing entirely. You start Tribunal by getting attacked by assassins when you try and sleep, then talking to a guard- they'll direct you on the first step.

You start Bloodmoon by heading to Solstheim (fast travel boat at Khuul) and just asking around, they'll direct you to Captain Carius, who will start the main quest, or Carnius Magius, who will start the East Empire Company questline.

Both are high level, and the end of Bloodmoon is bullshit hard. But neither require any progress in the Main Quest, but if you go as soon as you can, you will get your rear end handed to you. Repeatedly.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Derek Dominoe posted:

You can go into them whenever. If you get wrecked then just leave and come back when you're stronger.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
There's a mod that delays the assassin attack until after you're named Nerevar in the main quest. I use it because to me, it makes the most logical sense as to why someone attempts to off you. It can sometimes bug out, at which case you simply disable it and Dark Brotherhood shows up to attack.

Get Illy's Solsteim Rumour Fix as well, that way only certain NPC's know about the island instead of EVERYONE.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Derek Dominoe posted:

Tribunal should be played either late in the main quest or after it so you know who the players are and what's going on. Bloodmoon you can do whenever.

It's good to be level 25-30+ before starting them though.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
Are there any mods which can automatically save the game every 10 minutes or something similar? The only thing I can find is AutoMW which requires some weird scripting utility (AutoIt), and has a bunch of options related to slow motion combat and other bullshit.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I am making a mod overhaul project for Morrowind to spruce it up and make it playable in 2014 for those Oblivion and Syrim fans who want to get into Morrowind but can't because its too outdated and clunky. Its called Morrowind: gold edition and here are some sneak preview screenshots.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I think you've got the wrong Morrowind thread, friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Keening's terrible damage stats always really bothered me