Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Rhymenoserous posted:

Welp

(11:19:42 PM) directorbot: For some reason, Groon let Cerebral Wolf in, and he's decided to visit Deklein. Cerebral Wolf is KOS everywhere. No mercy, no respite: he is a piece of human garbage. http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=21947673 Shoot blues is absolutely authorized for him, under any circumstances.

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all at 2014-03-06 04:19:41.782203 EVE, replies are not monitored ***

(11:21:32 PM) directorbot: Actually he's been out of Groon since Feb 24th, it turns out, but gently caress him anyway. http://evewho.com/pilot/Cerebral+Wolf :toot:

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all at 2014-03-06 04:21:18.828509 EVE, replies are not monitored ***

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
maybe he's innocent and the evidence is hidden in deklein

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Cerebral Wolf posted:

Bagu, shut the gently caress up, you have zero information on anything that happened over a year ago, truth is a lot of things got twisted on all sides and it's all dead and buried a long time ago. Stop trying to bandwaggon and earn points with the cool kids.

Haha you actually believe that. :allears:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

TimNeilson posted:

(11:21:32 PM) directorbot: Actually he's been out of Groon since Feb 24th, it turns out, but gently caress him anyway. http://evewho.com/pilot/Cerebral+Wolf :toot:

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all at 2014-03-06 04:21:18.828509 EVE, replies are not monitored ***

:v:

Now you just need to kick hoopz and everything will be right with the world again.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Azurrat posted:

At what point do you "win" an MMO? Because I'm pretty sure being depicted as a shadowy overlord in a comic put out by a major publisher should count.

When the CEO of the MMO company in question gives a speech at DICE and declares you the ruler of the galaxy (at 30:45) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq1YWbv-r0I

Gotta say the comic is amazing, the Mittens-art in this one is pretty meh (also, kinda schizo: http://i.imgur.com/eboSWnc.png), but I've seen a screenshot of Issue 3 and it's a much more 'traditional, clean' art style than the gritty Vertigo 1998 stuff we've seen so far. They somehow managed to nail Tamir's over the top narcissism perfectly.

(And when /I/ am calling someone else a narcissist, you know it's serious)

Numismancer fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 6, 2014

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!
Can someone give a summary over what's the history regarding Cerebral Wolf?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

mrg220t posted:

Can someone give a summary over what's the history regarding Cerebral Wolf?

http://themittani.com/news/sordid-story-cerebral-wolf

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Numismancer posted:

When the CEO of the MMO company in question gives a speech at DICE and declares you the ruler of the galaxy (at 30:45) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq1YWbv-r0I

Gotta say the comic is amazing, the Mittens-art in this one is pretty meh (also, kinda schizo: http://i.imgur.com/eboSWnc.png), but I've seen a screenshot of Issue 3 and it's a much more 'traditional, clean' art style than the gritty Vertigo 1998 stuff we've seen so far. They somehow managed to nail Tamir's over the top narcissism perfectly.

(And when /I/ am calling someone else a narcissist, you know it's serious)

I'm pretty sad Cerebral Wolf isn't blue anymore. I don't actually give a poo poo about the reasons, I just was looking forward to some CEO sponsored blue on blue violence. :getin:

As for the whole king of space thing, you might want to get an official food taster. You never know when someone is going to try to slip some hemlock into your Jagerbomb. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hahaha, Jesus Christ, what a loving tool.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The Leper Colon V posted:

Hahaha, Jesus Christ, what a loving tool.

Now you know why everyone unanimously reacted with "gently caress that guy"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm surprised he had the balls to show up in thread at all.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

No but see everyone's forgiven & forgotten and that totally isn't just his delusion.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

mynnna posted:

No but see everyone's forgiven & forgotten and that totally isn't just his delusion.

Goons are well known for that. This is why Sir Molle is +5 to us right now.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Guys guys lets not jump to conclusions. Maybe he is just being set up by hackers again. :v:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Leper Colon V posted:

I'm surprised he had the balls to show up in thread at all.

He's been posting here frequently pretending to be :shobon: and inquisitive. Honestly I'm fairly convinced he's trying to build a new "image" so he somehow sneak past the hell purge.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

PerrineClostermann posted:

He's been posting here frequently pretending to be :shobon: and inquisitive. Honestly I'm fairly convinced he's trying to build a new "image" so he somehow sneak past the hell purge.

Because digi in particular is known for his short memory and willingness to forgive...

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Booley posted:

Because digi in particular is known for his short memory and willingness to forgive...

Reading some of the leaked digi logs, where he chats with people when he outs them as a spy or goonfucker or w/e is great. They plead for mercy, and digi gives them none.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

orange juche posted:

Reading some of the leaked digi logs, where he chats with people when he outs them as a spy or goonfucker or w/e is great. They plead for mercy, and digi gives them none.

I wish I had logs of the last person I outed as a spy. He complained so much in TS when I DDed his dread.

mikey
Sep 22, 2002

AAAAAAAAA

~~AAAAAAAAAAAAAA~~

PerrineClostermann posted:

That's not a conclusion I'd draw from his actions if this were someone with some self-awareness, but he doesn't seem to have any, so you're probably right. A normal person who's been hellpurged will just go fuckgoons and try to kill ratters, or completely avoid being a total shitbird and actually try to convince everyone they've changed, but this guy can't manage either. Ratting in Deklein while in groon, in ESS systems no less? Is he trying to act like he was never kicked, and hoping nobody will notice?

dotalchemy
Jul 16, 2012

Before they breed, male Mallards have bright green/blue heads. After breeding season, they molt and become brown all over, to make it easier to hide in the brush while nesting.

~SMcD
The Kill
http://droog.rwpcomputers.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=58073

The Tears
[05:56:52] Ages Helsing > go to hell did can you read my lip, it take 6 of you you guy are sad but that ok what come around goes around.

That was after he blocked comms from almost all of us and we were forced to invite him to GROON's public channel, which he rapidly accepted. We were going to take the Mack that he was protecting, but we figured he was worth three of them.

The Tally
5 x Mackinaws
1 x Retriever
1 x Hulk
1 x Stratios

1 x me warping in on target with an unfit Catalyst and then being popped by faction police anyway :negative:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

orange juche posted:

Now you know why everyone unanimously reacted with "gently caress that guy"

Not everyone :v:

quote:

ullerrm wrote on Oct 7, 2013 16:38:

drat, not getting much out of this guy. I'm moving on to a dumber mark. I'll point him to you, but I wouldn't take him.

quote:

GROON wrote on Oct 7, 2013 23:45:

Meh, if he turns out to be an insufferable shithead we'll just troll him out. v0v

quote:

ullerrm wrote on Oct 7, 2013 19:02:

http://themittani.com/news/sordid-story-cerebral-wolf

That summarizes CW pretty well.

quote:

GROON wrote on Oct 8, 2013 00:07:

Yeah, I remember that story. Like I said, we can always troll him out.

e: un-nested quotes

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 6, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Booley posted:

I wish I had logs of the last person I outed as a spy. He complained so much in TS when I DDed his dread.

That was epic. IIRC, I was at Eve Vegas at the time, and I was scrambling to get internet access in the Bellagio lobby so I could get into TS3 to discuss whether we should awox them or not.

I had people at EV asking me in person about it within 10 minutes of you DDing :p

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Yep, CWs a shithead, and his crimes reach far further than most people will ever know. There will be a "grr goons" defence, then a period of about 4-6 months where he doesn't post, while he hopes people forget all the lovely things he's done.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Soarer posted:

Guys guys lets not jump to conclusions. Maybe he is just being set up by hackers again. :v:

It was Zion Shad man, Zion Shad did this to me! :fuckoff:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Booley posted:

The dude from TTB, right? Because if so, gently caress you guys for not recording that. Those guys may have been incompetent as poo poo, but watching their alliance drama from the outside was kinda funny. And gave us something to do while we rf'd their poses night after night.

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

ullerrm posted:

That was epic. IIRC, I was at Eve Vegas at the time, and I was scrambling to get internet access in the Bellagio lobby so I could get into TS3 to discuss whether we should awox them or not.

I had people at EV asking me in person about it within 10 minutes of you DDing :p

This really makes me wonder if I should start going to Eve Vegas. I've offered to put up goons for it before, but most people would rather shell out for a hotel than need a car to travel the 30 minutes from my house.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Bagu posted:

This really makes me wonder if I should start going to Eve Vegas. I've offered to put up goons for it before, but most people would rather shell out for a hotel than need a car to travel the 30 minutes from my house.

If you're local, EveVegas is going to be just a social mixer -- it's fun, but nothing to write home about. Talk to Zapa and see if you can get into the Saturday night party; skip the rest of the convention and read the announcements on TMDC.

For non-locals, EveVegas is primarily an excuse to get lewd in Vegas, and if you do some Eve-related poo poo along the way, that's cool too. (And, in the case of last year, taking as much of Somer Blink's isk as possible.)

When I was Rote executor, it was an opportunity to gladhand people, make political connections, and drink Courthouse's liquor. If I go this year (and I probably will) it is going to an opportunity to get shitfaced and stare at titties, and drink Courthouse's liquor.

e: To be clear, the issue at hand is that EV is almost always in October, which means it's between expansions. So sometimes the Eve content consists of new exciting stuff, and sometimes it's just a rehash of stuff you already saw in dev blogs (or at Fanfest). It's fun for Eve players, to be sure -- but it's not something I'd go to Vegas for on its own merits. Thankfully, Vegas is my exact idea of a good time, so I can entertain myself plenty inbetween the nerdage.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 6, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rhymenoserous posted:

Welp

(11:19:42 PM) directorbot: For some reason, Groon let Cerebral Wolf in, and he's decided to visit Deklein. Cerebral Wolf is KOS everywhere. No mercy, no respite: he is a piece of human garbage. http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=21947673 Shoot blues is absolutely authorized for him, under any circumstances.

*** This was a broadcast from the_mittani to all-all at 2014-03-06 04:19:41.782203 EVE, replies are not monitored ***

I think it works better if you imagine it this way,

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013
I wonder how hard it would be to set up that image on the sidebar of goonfleet.com with whatever the mittani last said on jabber in the speechbubble?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

And lo, the custom GSF meme was born, and many words were put in Mittani's speech bubble.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Booley posted:

As someone who joined a corp in 7th as a know-nothing newbie, holy poo poo I remember hearing this and laughing my loving rear end off. Dude was so excited to join Rote, so when he hopping in TS after being DDed swearing and cursing and crying I couldn't help but laugh. He even stopped playing because of that :allears:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sorry to interrupt the flow in here, but there's a link I'd like to share:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame/

For those interested, this is a link to the Good Game TV show which is probably the premier gaming program in Australia. This particular episode (series 10, episode 3) has a news article on the B-R fight which I thought was pretty neat.

If you don't want to watch the whole episode, use the menu on the right to select the "Feature Story: EVE online" for the good bits.

Enjoy!

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
CCP had a new idea: Now you can send messages into the future!

For 1 PLEX (textmessage, max. 1000 words) or 2 PLEX (videomessage, max. 2 minutes) your message will be recorded in a solid-state device and this device will then be sealed inside the monument standing in the Reykjavik harbor. And on Eve's 36th birthday, on May 6th 2039, the device will be recovered and opened, allowing a new generation to hear and read what you wanted to tell them.

I hope your bank accounts are liquid, sending messages into the future is a bit more expensive than sending a letter. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I can't decide if it's arrogant or not that CCP is so sure they'll still be around in 25 years.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Decided to try my hand at production with an alt account yesterday. Not sure how long I'm going to stick with it though, because all of these calculators I'm using are telling me that pretty much every blueprint is either unprofitable or not worth my time.

The main issue is that I look at the cost to produce and think "I could boost my profitability some by mining the minerals myself!", and mining is a terrible thing that nobody should ever do.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

From what I've tried, it only becomes profitable once you have all your efficiency skills really drat high, because otherwise, you're losing a lot of potential profit to not having V in everything.

A couple years ago, I did manage to make a slight profit from making Scourge Fury Heavy Missiles from the salvage I collected, as long as I got someone else to refine it.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005
So much goatse will be in the time capsule hell people in 25 years might not of ever heard of goatse and you will be expanding their horizons.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Doublestep posted:

EVE True Stories issue #69 will be the fall of the CFC by the hand of the ESS

e: "I want to talk to The Guristas"

Surely it's the same thing? Mittens is already a Pith(y) Usurper.

(I'm so sorry)

This joke is easily beaten by Cerebral Wolf doing his "no guys it might look exactly like I am being a complete poo poo but here's my excuse for it this time" all over again. Thread has improved in the last 3 pages.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Fallorn posted:

expanding their horizons.

Amongst other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metiscus
Oct 4, 2003

we're dumb 'ol engineers

Azurrat posted:

Decided to try my hand at production with an alt account yesterday. Not sure how long I'm going to stick with it though, because all of these calculators I'm using are telling me that pretty much every blueprint is either unprofitable or not worth my time.

The main issue is that I look at the cost to produce and think "I could boost my profitability some by mining the minerals myself!", and mining is a terrible thing that nobody should ever do.

You aren't boosting your profitability by mining because your time has value. In the same hour that you spent mining x crok, you could have done y anoms or spent that time doing market pvp for potentially much more money. You also have to take into account the refining of the minerals which, unless you are fully skilled with the proper standings, you will take losses on as well. Mining is a fairly safe, steady, and predictably poor income in general.

• Locked thread