Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Which game are you using the individually based 6mm dudes for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Avenger_Mullah posted:

Indolent Bastard posted:

A group of friends have decided to play SAGA (the not terribly historical, but very fun) dark-age skirmish game. And rather than spend a bunch of cash on 28mm minis (or even 15mm) and making all new 28mm historical terrain we elected to scale the game down to 6mm. Most forces will only use 55 or so models, so my purchase netted me 3-4 armies worth of minis for $60 shipped.

So far we have been playing with tokens and it has been fun, but I figure the addition of 3d minis and terrain will make the whole thing even better. I especially love that the standard playing field is 48"x36" which scaled down is 12"x9" (but I figure we might just go with 12"x12") The insane portability of the game is also enticing. A 12" square battle board, 100 tiny minis and a handful of 6mm terrain. The whole thing can fit in a tiny tool box.

If you are at all interested in SAGA, PM me or email monkeypuncher00 at gmail dot com and I can send you some info.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
I hereby oath for the month of March 2 'kinda-sorta' GW Drop Pods

These 3 door wonders were bought in an ebay lot with some dreads that failed to note that they were scratch built. While they're built decent enough, I ended up paying pretty much full retail for them after some massive import charges thanks to the seller marking the package at it's brand new value. It's interesting seeing some of the methods he used to build them such as mounting the storm bolter inside to a slotted base. And on the plus side, I don't to deal with assembling real pods! :v:

thiswayliesmadness fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 3, 2014

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Is kit bashing fine for the purposes of this months journal? I haven't still quite decided what I want to paint this month, I'm waiting for some bases to arrive in the mail.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Under 15 posted:

Second, what is the tenth grand prize? I see the ones on the list: the two badger sets, the KR multicase, the three goon prizes, the dropzone commander box, the gift certificate, and the zombie dice, but that's only nine. I know the mura miniatures thing is for people who painted small-scale models, but is the grab bag the last prize?

from the OP: The 10th person doesn’t have to pick a thing - you will get a Zombicide Episode 2 board game set, and so will everyone else in the top 10

oath acceptances (and answers to other questions) coming soon! sorry, have to work without internet at home so I'll be staying late at work or sneaking in time during work to do them

e: and here they are! Hopefully I've got everyone, plus any leftover questions

NTRabbit posted:

Also, how'd the voting go for my super special January competition?

I'll be tallying those up this week! Should have called it a while back but the voting tailed off on its own anyway.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter oath for the month of March One Deadzone Plague faction (Mantic 28mm) and 2 Dropzone Commander command units (Hawk Wargames 10mm)

That's one Stage 1, three stage 2's, eight stage 3 and two plague dogs, for total of fourteen for Dead zone,
The Scourge Despoiler and UCM Kodiak are my prizes from Ineptmule's Themed group comp.

Let the painting begin!

I cannot see the date at all on that picture, sorry! Can you please re-take the picture? Whatever you've painted so far is fine.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Is kit bashing fine for the purposes of this months journal? I haven't still quite decided what I want to paint this month, I'm waiting for some bases to arrive in the mail.

Yep, this is the month for conversions, kitbashing and scratchbuilding, if the mood takes you!

Germ posted:

Yea for conversions! A good excuse to finally paint this thing. I Germ, being of twisted mind, and delectable body, do hearby oath for the month of March this converted 28 mm 40k Heldrake, inspired by Buffalo Chicken, with parts by Games Workshop and Forge World (or possibly some Eastern European or Chinese recasters - it was pretty cheap on eBay), and a base by Worldsmith Industries (aka, me).

Haydrian posted:

Is it too early for the oathing? It's March in UTC land, wherever that is, so I'm gonna do it!

I Haydrian do Oath for the month of March six Reaper Bones miniatures 'cause I'm loving sick of painting orks and tau!

But that guy in the middle, the one with the swords? He's definitely getting a proppa Orky head! And some 'Ard Boy armor, and a slugga, and a bosspole, when he's done he'll be a right an proppa Nob! Pre-painting conversion shots to follow, of course...

Mt. ORourke posted:

Bring on March!
1 Stormclad and 5 Forge guard
(Privateer Press)

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Starting off my March oath with 2 Cyclops Savages and 6 Paingiver Beasthandlers:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

Iris of Ether posted:

For March, I pledge (1) 'Hell on Earth' mutant from Studio 2 Publishing. I'll be jazzing it up with post-apocalyptic weaponry bits (also from Studio 2) and giant fly wings (Zealot Miniatures). Scale is 28mm.

SRM posted:

I've missed one every year, but this one, this'll be the one where I don't fail an oath!

:siren:I, SRM, oath 5 Sternguard veterans by Games Workshop:siren:

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, burning with shame from last months failure, do oath these five Chaos Space Marine terminators. They are 28mm from Games Workshop.

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, hereby Oath the following for March: The Dreamer and Lord Chompy Bits; The Judge; and Papa Loco (Wyrd miniatures, 28mm), as well as Troll Potion (Cool Mini or Not, 28mm).

I'm going for the Detectuv's Jurnal (Conversion) as well as Get Based Out! this month, both on Lord Chompy Bits.

thespaceinvader posted:

I, thespaceinvader, oath one Reaper Bones Deathsleet[/URL]
No conversion as yet.

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 2 Space Marines, and 1 Converted Dreadnought. (Games Workshop, Warhammer 40k, 28mm)

moths posted:

I, moths, oath the following:
One French WWII infantry platoon (Forged in Battle, Essex Miniatures, and Battlefront. Chain of Command, 15mm) and
One Renault FT tank (Minifigs/GFI. Chain of Command, 15mm)

Achmed Jones posted:

I oath Dr Charles Bennet, by Reaper. He is 28mm.

Raphus C posted:

I oath 5 Stormboyz and Wazdakka, all GW. Wazdakka is converted from a Deffkopta, Landspeeder, Battlewagon and other various bits/plasticard. I have a picture before I primed so that you can make out the parts.

VolatileSky posted:

I'll give this oath thing a try. I've got two Eldar vypers here and eight objective tokens I made for Eldar and khorne.

Don't know if the self made tokens count but thought I'd include them, my fingers need a break from working with the hobby knife :smith:

KingMob posted:

March Oath

One Rakhera Demon and one Great Master from Drake by Action Games Minaitures, 28mm.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'm making an oath, yay...

Ten 6mm horsemen Baccus, one 28mm Medic Infinity/Corvus Beli.

I am glad you're back on the horse, as it were :)

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I hereby oath for the month of March 2 'kinda-sorta' GW Drop Pods

ACCEPTED!! have fun everyone :)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 3, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Avenger_Mullah posted:

Saga. See NTRabbit's post for details.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

krushgroove posted:

I cannot see the date at all on that picture, sorry! Can you please re-take the picture? Whatever you've painted so far is fine.

Dammit, sorry.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter oath for the month of March One Deadzone Plague faction (Mantic 28mm) and 2 Dropzone Commander command units (Hawk Wargames 10mm)

That's one Stage 1, three stage 2's, eight stage 3 and two plague dogs, for total of fourteen for Dead zone,
The Scourge Despoiler and UCM Kodiak are my prizes from Ineptmule's Themed group comp.

Let the painting begin!

Also I am making an oath addition

Please add 6 bases (18 models) of Scourge Ripper worms to my oath. These are 10mm and made by Hawk Wargames.

Their going to take like three colours to do, so I may as well do them now.

EDIT, I've just noted the local newspaper I'm using has the headline "Rubbish Scheme" partly obscured by what looks like the label of some food packet. Even the newspapers are critics of my painting it seems!

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Awesome! Gonna steal the poo poo out of that idea

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Grey Hunter posted:

Dammit, sorry.

Great! Accepted!

quote:

Also I am making an oath addition

Please add 6 bases (18 models) of Scourge Ripper worms to my oath. These are 10mm and made by Hawk Wargames.

Also Accepted!

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I, Ripley, oath to paint this Games Workshop Thunderwolf Cavalry model for the month of March.

I'm not feeling all that enthused about painting more power armour, but the wolves are fun. Maybe I'll even branch out and try something non-space-marine-y next month.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

krushgroove posted:

from the OP: The 10th person doesn’t have to pick a thing - you will get a Zombicide Episode 2 board game set, and so will everyone else in the top 10

Right, I got that, it's just that it seems like there's only nine prizes total, including Zombicide. If that's true, 9th place doesn't need to pick either...

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
I oath 6x GW 40k Objective Dice Holders, and one converted cannon

The cannon is converted from one of the Ork Battlewagon guns, and one of the trukk/battlewagon wheels, with some plasticard and a plastic hook I found.

Here's a close up of the parts. Hopefully this is sufficient to count for this month's Jurnal?

Edit: Adding how the post-conversion cannon looks before painting:

Deanut Pancer fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 4, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Under 15 posted:

Right, I got that, it's just that it seems like there's only nine prizes total, including Zombicide. If that's true, 9th place doesn't need to pick either...

There are 9 separate top ten Grand Prizes (I'm counting the KR cases as two prizes and the Badger Minitaire sets as two prizes), and 10 total Zombicide 2 sets, everyone in the top ten gets a Zombicide 2 set no matter what and the top 9 get to choose their prizes.

Also, everyone who's waiting on their Games & Gears brushes, I've been in contact with them and they have all the names and addresses of just about everyone who's had their names drawn. The only names I didn't have are from the very first prize draw and anyone who never contacted me with your details (there are 2 or 3 people who never replied). So let me know if you suddenly start getting G&G brushes!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 3, 2014

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

krushgroove posted:

There are 9 separate top ten Grand Prizes (I'm counting the KR cases as two prizes and the Badger Minitaire sets as two prizes), and 10 total Zombicide 2 sets, everyone in the top ten gets a Zombicide 2 set no matter what and the top 9 get to choose their prizes.

Ah, didn't realize there were two cases.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Man, gently caress this dragon's flimsy-rear end ankles. I've boiled and reboiled him to try to set them, nothing loving works. I'm seriously tempted to just glue his tail down, but I want to keep him removable from the base.

Arg.

The important bit is I got him painted and assembled (though the base isn't yet completed) in time for the game this weekend :D

(It's a known issue with Deathsleet unfortunately.)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

thespaceinvader posted:

Man, gently caress this dragon's flimsy-rear end ankles. I've boiled and reboiled him to try to set them, nothing loving works. I'm seriously tempted to just glue his tail down, but I want to keep him removable from the base.

Arg.

The important bit is I got him painted and assembled (though the base isn't yet completed) in time for the game this weekend :D

This sounds kind of dumb when I say it out loud, but would magnetizing the tail to the base help any? Do those little magnets have enough force to help stabilize him?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Probably, and I'm seriously considering it (though I don't currently have any magnets the right size). The other option is to put a pin into the base and leave a hole in the tail to stick it down, but I'm not sure there's enough thickness.

I can live with it for now and work it out after I use the mini in a game this weekend.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Under 15 posted:

Two questions, while we're on the topic of the spreadsheet.

First, can I pick up my point for Box Art? I think you didn't award it immediately because you wanted to consult with Krushgroove.

poo poo. Yeah, Krushgroove agreed via email that that entry should count, and I forgot to record it. You're all taken care of now.

Deanut Pancer posted:

Here's a close up of the parts. Hopefully this is sufficient to count for this month's Jurnal?

That works for your "before" shot of your conversion. Your "after" shot should ideally be after you're done converting, but before painting... but after painting is also OK, as long as it's obvious that the painted model was built from what I can see in the "before" photo.

Grand Prize Chat
On the spreadsheet, I have the following listed for Grand Prizes:

Badger starter
Hawk Wargames
Wayland Games
KR Multicase
Tadhg
krushgroove
Arlaharen
Mura Minis
Mega-Grab Bag

That's nine things, but if we have two Badger sets and two KR cases, that actually counts up to 11.

I also know we have the 10 Zombicide sets, and we have a terrain set from Corvus Belli too.

So we're well over ten already I guess?

Bachtere
Sep 25, 2005

09/13/07

Never Forget

Pillbug

thespaceinvader posted:

Arg.

Honestly, while painting mine, I thought the best solution would be to prop one of the arms up on a ruin or rock or something, not give the torso anywhere to go.

Believe it or not, even after getting it into a good position, the heat from handling it was enough to warp it a little.

I'm afraid the person I painted it for stuck it next to a heating vent or window, and it is now leaning in some awful manner.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

That works for your "before" shot of your conversion. Your "after" shot should ideally be after you're done converting, but before painting... but after painting is also OK, as long as it's obvious that the painted model was built from what I can see in the "before" photo.
The 'after' shot is basically dropping the barrel on to the chassis. (I've kept them apart to make painting it easier)
This should explain what I'm doing: (I'll also add this to my oath post)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Deanut Pancer posted:

The 'after' shot is basically dropping the barrel on to the chassis. (I've kept them apart to make painting it easier)
This should explain what I'm doing: (I'll also add this to my oath post)

This photo is perfect for your after shot. Thanks!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Grand Prize Chat
On the spreadsheet, I have the following listed for Grand Prizes:

Badger starter
Hawk Wargames
Wayland Games
KR Multicase
Tadhg
krushgroove
Arlaharen
Mura Minis
Mega-Grab Bag

That's nine things, but if we have two Badger sets and two KR cases, that actually counts up to 11.

I also know we have the 10 Zombicide sets, and we have a terrain set from Corvus Belli too.

So we're well over ten already I guess?

Ah - OK, forgot/didn't see Arlaharen's and liljonas' contributions to the grand prizes, sorry about that. Although I think the Badger prizes should be split up still (1 complete Minitaire set and 1 Minitaire starter set, no reason to give those to the same winner). The 2 KR cases can go to the same winner though.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Ripley posted:

I, Ripley, oath to paint this Games Workshop Thunderwolf Cavalry model for the month of March.

Deanut Pancer posted:

I oath 6x GW 40k Objective Dice Holders, and one converted cannon

Accepted!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

I am glad you're back on the horse, as it were :)

I hope you get tabled in your next 2d6 games :csgo:

thanks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

krushgroove posted:

Ah - OK, forgot/didn't see Arlaharen's and liljonas' contributions to the grand prizes, sorry about that. Although I think the Badger prizes should be split up still (1 complete Minitaire set and 1 Minitaire starter set, no reason to give those to the same winner). The 2 KR cases can go to the same winner though.

Yeah, definitely split the Badger sets, it'd make no sense to keep those together.

We could split or keep the KR cases, depending on what they are... I'd be in favor of splitting them if it means we can 'pay out' prizes to more places, though. I think most goons can find use for a single KR case, unless they're really small.

As a reminder to those watching, in addition to the Grand Prizes, which go to the top points earners in the season, we have a number of additional season's end prizes. This includes a terrain prize, the tiny troops prize, tiny troops army prize, alternate universe prize, saving the whales prize, the corvus belli terrain prize I mentioned, and a prize that will go to one of the goons who donated prizes this year!

prize prize prize

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

I, Under 15, oath the following models:

6 GW Orcs
4 scraps of T-shirt glued to cavalry bases
1 specially converted Orc Centaur

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:siren: I, JerryLee, oath to paint one Privateer Press Warpborn Skinwalker :siren:

The conversion (if it counts) consists of relocating the head to be up on the shoulders, with a new greenstuffed mane and an Orboros medallion where the neck hole used to be. I decided the posture on the stock model was just too goofy for me. Here's what the sculpt looks like pre-conversion:

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, oath 5 Chaos Space Marine Bikers:

Converted from DVDA Bikers :heysexy:

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:I add Dahlia, Skarath, and 6 Black Ogrun to my March oath!:siren:
These are Privateer Press

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, oath the following models:

6 GW Orcs
4 scraps of T-shirt glued to cavalry bases
1 specially converted Orc Centaur

JerryLee posted:

:siren: I, JerryLee, oath to paint one Privateer Press Warpborn Skinwalker :siren:

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, oath 5 Chaos Space Marine Bikers:

Converted from DVDA Bikers :heysexy:

Accepted!

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:I add Dahlia, Skarath, and 6 Black Ogrun to my March oath!:siren:
These are Privateer Press

Uhh...not that I don't trust you, but can you provide a picture of the 6 Black Orgun please? AFAIK no oath has been accepted this year of just the kit box and while you've got a stellar reputation amongst us all I don't want to set a precedent where someone can just post a box without showing the actual model or sprue they'll be painting. Your other two models are accepted but for the Black Ogrun it would be great to see a picture of the models themselves with a timestamp (if you've already started on them that's fine).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

prize prize prize

:siren: Speaking of prizes... :siren:

I wanted to make this a separate post, but if anyone knows of any GOONS who have a model-related business, side business, service or whatever, talk to them and tell them they should consider partnering with the Oath Thread! There's plenty of space for prizes and I'd like to promote goon-owned businesses for the season 5. I've already got one goon on board and would like to see several more.

On the same subject, if anyone has contacts at any of the many model, game and supply companies, please let me know, 'introduce' us via email (mine is krushgroove169 at gmail dot com) or get us together in some way so we can make season 5 at least as good as this one.

On another note, the rules for next time will be much-simplified (I'd like to use the phrase 'drastically simplified') and also easier to read through (plans are in the works...) to encourage more people to participate. So please, fear not! It won't get even more complicated :)

that is all...

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

krushgroove posted:

On another note, the rules for next time will be much-simplified (I'd like to use the phrase 'drastically simplified') and also easier to read through (plans are in the works...) to encourage more people to participate. So please, fear not! It won't get even more complicated :)

that is all...

A thousand times this.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

krushgroove posted:

can you provide a picture of the 6 Black Orgun please?

Here you are!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

krushgroove posted:

I wanted to make this a separate post, but if anyone knows of any GOONS who have a model-related business, side business, service or whatever, talk to them and tell them they should consider partnering with the Oath Thread! There's plenty of space for prizes and I'd like to promote goon-owned businesses for the season 5. I've already got one goon on board and would like to see several more.

I'm working on setting up a small business related to miniatures myself. Primarily in bases and small terrain objects (craters and the like). Due to pressing real-life issues it has sort of taken the back burner, but depending on how things go in the next 2 months (ie I'm not homeless) I might be able to throw in some stuff for the cause. At the very least I have some space hulk-style bases I can toss in for prize material.

Also, see if you can't get hold of Germ, I know he does those bomb-rear end vehicle wreck markers.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Red Shoe posted:

Here you are!

Fabulous, Accepted!, thanks very much :)

Slimnoid posted:

I'm working on setting up a small business related to miniatures myself. Primarily in bases and small terrain objects (craters and the like). Due to pressing real-life issues it has sort of taken the back burner, but depending on how things go in the next 2 months (ie I'm not homeless) I might be able to throw in some stuff for the cause. At the very least I have some space hulk-style bases I can toss in for prize material.

Also, see if you can't get hold of Germ, I know he does those bomb-rear end vehicle wreck markers.

Germ is already on board :) and the end of the next thread is going to be around May/June time next year, so there's plenty of time to get things in order! Think about it and let me know :)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Bachtere posted:

Honestly, while painting mine, I thought the best solution would be to prop one of the arms up on a ruin or rock or something, not give the torso anywhere to go.

Believe it or not, even after getting it into a good position, the heat from handling it was enough to warp it a little.

I'm afraid the person I painted it for stuck it next to a heating vent or window, and it is now leaning in some awful manner.

Thinking about it, I do have a couple of ruined buildings from an OOOLD 40k starter that might do, or a big rock; his lower hand isn't that high up.

Modelling the lower hand grabbing a smaller mini would be great fun but well beyond the time available to me.

I actually finished the paint job already for this guy, and just varnished him for use at the weekend, but I need still to sort the basing.

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:siren:GONNA OATH UP THESE ORK PLANES AND THEYS CREW.:siren: 28mm, GW.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Monoliths posted:

:siren:GONNA OATH UP THESE ORK PLANES AND THEYS CREW.:siren: 28mm, GW.

Accepted!

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

An item chosen from several lots of game stuff from The Troll Trader goes to: Illudere!

Is it to late to claim this prize? If not, is krushgroove's email address listed any where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Illudere posted:

Is it to late to claim this prize? If not, is krushgroove's email address listed any where?

It's krushgroove169 at gmail.com :) have a look at the Troll Trader pictures in the OP posts and let me know what you want! I don't think I have your mailing address, either.

• Locked thread