Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
This triple cage match is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

edit: And then they have Kanyon run out just to do a loving bump off the cage. Jesus. I hope he was okay.

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

Anyone else PS3 have the audio just drop out completely sometimes? Just started yesterday. Audio cuts out, and I have to quit the app and restart it to get it working again, but then it seems to just happen within a few minutes anyway.

Don't have the same issue on PC.

I have weird ps3 audio issues but that's app independent.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Gough Suppressant posted:

This triple cage match is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

edit: And then they have Kanyon run out just to do a loving bump off the cage. Jesus. I hope he was okay.

Not even the worst WCW triple cage match. Check out the Hogan/Savage vs Dungeon of Doom doomsday cage match

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

purkey posted:

Not even the worst WCW triple cage match. Check out the Hogan/Savage vs Dungeon of Doom doomsday cage match

It wasn't even the worst version of that triple cage, there's Russo's Wargames from Nitro later in the year that is just garbage. The DDP/JJ/ATT Guy match is kinda good.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the official match was called Wargames 2000: Russo's Revenge

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Holy crap.
Dibiase actually wrestled?
I just thought he made amusing videos and laughed a lot.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:psyduck:

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
What the gently caress? (SummerSlam '88)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Pretty sure that was from the actual broadcast. I know the old home video was the same way.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Deadpool posted:

Pretty sure that was from the actual broadcast. I know the old home video was the same way.

Just weird though.
Oh well.

This makes up for it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Censoring the brutalness of Outlaw Ron Bass carving up Brutus Beefcake's forehead.

It was uncensored in Canada. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwpZC1hgaKc

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions
That was terrifying to watch as a kid. The only other segment I can remember them throwing the big red X on was when Savage was tied up in the ropes and the cobra was biting into his arm. Any other instances I'm forgetting?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, that X and the blood made it seem like Bass was chopping his face off.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Main Event update from Meltzer. It will be live on the Network every week, but starting at different times depending on what timezone they're in. 7 if Smackdown's on the east cost, 8 if they're in CET and 10 if they're on the west coast. Perk of being the ones making the schedule I suppose. A WWE dude apparently also said it'll be on a 30 minute delay like Impact was when it was 'live'.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That red X thing really struck me as a kid. To this day, I remember watching it on TV and being freaked out. Definitely a moment that stood out and has stuck with me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What are some fun early KOTR to watch? I'm talking pre-1997.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

What are some fun early KOTR to watch? I'm talking pre-1997.

94 should have some good Owen matches.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bret/Perfect from 93
HBK/Bulldog from 96
Mankind/Taker from 96
Diesel/Mabel from 95

There's not many great matches at KOTR, not that these 4 are must-see except for maybe Diesel/Mabel.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phenix Rising posted:

That red X thing really struck me as a kid. To this day, I remember watching it on TV and being freaked out. Definitely a moment that stood out and has stuck with me.

There is also this infamous segment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KCuwQrsmw

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
Looking at the schedule, looks like we'll continue Wrestlemania viewings with WM 27 on at 8pm on 3/16. The next Beyond the Ring (after the Rock one) on 3/15 looks like an nWo documentary. Not sure if it's Back in Black or nWo: The Revolution.

The next Best of RAW will be when Undertaker kidnaps Stephanie to have her be his bride. And the next Best of Smackdown will have the Angle/Lesnar Iron Man match.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

DudeDeuce posted:

Looking at the schedule, looks like we'll continue Wrestlemania viewings with WM 27 on at 8pm on 3/16. The next Beyond the Ring (after the Rock one) on 3/15 looks like an nWo documentary. Not sure if it's Back in Black or nWo: The Revolution.

Wow, they are actually giving some non-PPV WCW content? That's a good first step.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Acrolos posted:

Wow, they are actually giving some non-PPV WCW content? That's a good first step.

Too bad the nWo doc is pretty terrible. They barely mention the greatness of the Wolfpac :colbert:

Q7kid
Jul 24, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Bret/Perfect from 93
HBK/Bulldog from 96
Mankind/Taker from 96
Diesel/Mabel from 95

There's not many great matches at KOTR, not that these 4 are must-see except for maybe Diesel/Mabel.

Diesel/Mabel didn't happen until SummerSlam in 1995. Did you mean Mabel/Taker?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Mabel I did.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

When are they going to get that show on the network? :colbert:

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

For some reason, having the WWE Network has made me download EWR and play an attitude era fantasy mod.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Haggis Heed posted:

For some reason, having the WWE Network has made me download EWR and play an attitude era fantasy mod.

I need some kind of Mobile version of that game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BigRed0427 posted:

On the other hand, I'm kind of glad one doesn't exist becuse I'd probably lose my job.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Within an hour I found my "Release the Doves" shirt and saw an Orton match with the HEY theme song on the network.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

BigRed0427 posted:

I've been dying for this ever since I got my iPhone. In theory it should be simple enough, it's just dropdown menus and such. No one wants to put the time into it though, when you can make flappy bird and become a billionaire.

Edit: I just had a random thought. Now that the Network is a thing, and in theory the WWE audience has access to a large chunk of WWE's backstory... I wonder if they'll do more callbacks to previous events?

I mean, I know they won't, but it would be an interesting experiment. Have two guys talk about their history together, have Cole say if you want to see more, check out X event on the Network.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 6, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

triplexpac posted:

I've been dying for this ever since I got my iPhone. In theory it should be simple enough, it's just dropdown menus and such. No one wants to put the time into it though, when you can make flappy bird and become a billionaire.

Actually, thrrrrrr wear was game kickstarter but FAILED

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TEW is basically a Visual Basic front end to a Microsoft Access database so

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The initial month from EWR always took like 10 minutes to load when I advanced. All the WWE releases.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Hockles posted:

The initial month from EWR always took like 10 minutes to load when I advanced. All the WWE releases.

Weirdly enough, when I play TEW WWE doesn't release ANYBODY. They re-sign anyone who's contract comes up, no matter how inconsequential or useless.

It's oddly realistic that way. I guess this talk should go in the games thread though.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
When I played TEW 2005 back when I didn't own 2013 WWE released tons of people, including The Rock, who my lots-of-money-but-nothing-else federation signed immediately.

In 2013 they haven't released anyone.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The editing on the music of ECW intros is really really really bad

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Does the Network not work at all on Windows 8 or something? I'm on a laptop right now but every time I try to sign in it just loops to a page labeled "Download WWE app" that only has a link to buy a network sub.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Shima Honnou posted:

Does the Network not work at all on Windows 8 or something? I'm on a laptop right now but every time I try to sign in it just loops to a page labeled "Download WWE app" that only has a link to buy a network sub.

Works fine for me.

http://network.wwe.com/?utm_campaig...ttonsmall%3AImg

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Well, this Eddie/Benoit match from One Night Stand is a mite uncomfortable. "There's the suicide headbutt!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Shima Honnou posted:

Do you mean Windows Phone 8?