Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ultimateforce posted:

Oh I see you've hacked my work email account.

I was joking when I posted that and an hour later realized this is probably a thing that thousands of techs have had to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Mat_Drinks posted:

You could also add that middle screen (altimeter/temp/etc) from the 2.5RS of this gen for extra cool points :)

I have one of those! Its a little beaten up from the rollover, but still works. I never got the temp sensor though, but I bet the stock IAT unit has the same resistance curve.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Just something I'm working on.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Hope you're working on an oilpan too.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Nah, just a plastic bag.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
was that thing dredged out of a bayou or something it looks like a :canada: car

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Nah, the majority of 70s Z-cars look like that unless they've been stored in the desert or something. They rust like a sumbitch pretty much anywhere there is even a little bit of moisture.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Just want you to know I never really knew about these old nissans until I saw yours in this thread so the other day I went and picked one up.

mine probably has a little more rust than yours, but whatever.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

JQADDINGMACHINE posted:

Just want you to know I never really knew about these old nissans until I saw yours in this thread so the other day I went and picked one up.

I hope that was basically free, because I've been offered cars that only needed maybe 20-30 hours of bodywork for $1k.

Actually, let me show you a Z31 that was free.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I hope that was basically free, because I've been offered cars that only needed maybe 20-30 hours of bodywork for $1k.

Actually, let me show you a Z31 that was free.

I bought a 1985 300ZX for $400 that had just about as much rust and traded it for the 1976 280z a few weeks later.

I just noticed the floor in your picture, mine is not that bad.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

JQADDINGMACHINE posted:

The fun thing about a S30, over say a S13, is that it's the most simple RWD car I can think of that has a IRS. Got any plans?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Just some stuff.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

We were wondering at work the other day- Do you think theres any R32/33/34's that are still stock and not had the absolute arse flogged out of them? Cos we're pretty convinced there isnt a single one left in Australia that isnt!

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Ferremit posted:

We were wondering at work the other day- Do you think theres any R32/33/34's that are still stock and not had the absolute arse flogged out of them? Cos we're pretty convinced there isnt a single one left in Australia that isnt!

doubtful in Australia

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I see them all the time, but they come from Japan. They usually have a boost gauge or after market wheels though.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Every single one of them has a turbo timer at least here.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

ultimateforce posted:

Just some stuff.

Those wheels are horrible

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Ferremit posted:

Incredibly rare in NZ too, that being said there's a couple for sale currently that are stock or drat near it.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=700216188
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/nissan/auction-703829817.htm (apart from the stupid fog lights)

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

Ferremit posted:

the day it became legal in canada to import r34s b-pro had a minty fresh one with 59k kms and no aftermarket parts other than wheels and a center console. They got 40,000 for it.

Also is that kouki a shop advertisement or did the customer want stickers on it.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Nodoze posted:

Those wheels are horrible

You are horrible.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

TWSS posted:

the day it became legal in canada to import r34s b-pro had a minty fresh one with 59k kms and no aftermarket parts other than wheels and a center console. They got 40,000 for it.

Also is that kouki a shop advertisement or did the customer want stickers on it.

It's a customer's car that's a bit of a boomerang. It comes in every couple months for something new to be added to it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That thing is gorgeous.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

ultimateforce posted:

You are horribly correct.

When it boomerangs next time sell him on some tasteful wheels that don't scream I'm from Florida :3: ;)

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Mat_Drinks posted:

When it boomerangs next time sell him on some tasteful wheels that don't scream I'm from Florida :3: ;)

That car craves some matte grey four spokes

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

ultimateforce posted:

The fun thing about a S30, over say a S13, is that it's the most simple RWD car I can think of that has a IRS. Got any plans?

I was just going to fix the rust and drive it, I don't have the patience for a full restoration

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Mat_Drinks posted:

Work VS KF are terrible, he needs some Rotas I guess.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

JQADDINGMACHINE posted:

I was just going to fix the rust and drive it, I don't have the patience for a full restoration

Keeping the L series in it then?

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

ultimateforce posted:

Keeping the L series in it then?

probably.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Let me know if you run into any problems.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Just wanted to say things are going really good at the shop and I can't wait to show you jerks what I am working on.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I am glad something is finally working out for you.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Fun fact: My gf got in an accident in the Mercedes and now it needs new front suspension.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Time to slam that poo poo.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

She slammed it into a curb so it has cool back to the future camber.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ultimateforce posted:

Just wanted to say things are going really good at the shop and I can't wait to show you jerks what I am working on.

The Mercedes? :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ultimateforce posted:

Work VS KF are terrible, he needs some Rotas I guess.

VS-KFs don't work on all cars... and in this case not on that kouki.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
What's availability like on old Merc parts like that, are we talking Rock Auto have them to you by the weekend, or will this require a junkyard dive?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I was just about to ask if there was anything that we could bust your chops for and the universe delivered for us.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

Snowdens Secret posted:

What's availability like on old Merc parts like that, are we talking Rock Auto have them to you by the weekend, or will this require a junkyard dive?

Nah they're on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Front-L...d54618e&vxp=mtr

Not very expensive, but I am trying to get an idea of everything that needs replacing while I have it broken down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

BlackMK4 posted:

VS-KFs don't work on all cars... and in this case not on that kouki.

So I'll admit and own that I was partially being a bit of a troll, but I also just don't really like the VS-KF.

That car is pretty awesome and I want to see something different on it. Though I admit that I don't know what exactly.

Sorry to hear about the Merc... And it was going so well!!

• Locked thread