Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Gaz-L posted:

I don't get that. Why not use the FOC mold?

It's possibly even worse than the Energon mold? Grimlock has had a rough track record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

This is the right answer.

It's already been released in G1 accurate colors with SDCC Bruticus.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's already been released in G1 accurate colors with SDCC Bruticus.

Too bad, you get it again

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There was a classics Grimlock why not use that.

An Angry Bug posted:

...wait a minute. Is the movie's Swoop going to turn into a wing backpack for Grimlock? Because that would explain the Energon mold, and make it clear which Swoop they're going to use.

Oh, that's it isn't it.

Hopefully Swoop doesn't have to kill himself and go "TAKE MY PARTS" to combine with Grimlock this time.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

An Angry Bug posted:

...wait a minute. Is the movie's Swoop going to turn into a wing backpack for Grimlock? Because that would explain the Energon mold, and make it clear which Swoop they're going to use.

Well, the flying Dinobot's name in the movie is Strafe, so I would not expect a Swoop two-pack like that Grimlock one.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Why cookie Rocket posted:

It's possibly even worse than the Energon mold? Grimlock has had a rough track record.
Nothing is worse than the Energon mold. Pretender Grimlock is better than the Energon mold. God that two-pack was so disappointing.

Keldroc posted:

Well, the flying Dinobot's name in the movie is Strafe, so I would not expect a Swoop two-pack like that Grimlock one.
They're doing it though. Maybe they'll call Energon Swoop Strafe in the pack but I'm pretty sure Energon Grimlock and Swoop share a mold plate or whatever you call them so they're not going to manufacture one without the other.

From a leaked list, here's what we're getting in the series:
TRA BUMBLEBEE THEN AND NOW A7726
TRA GRIMLOCK THEN AND NOW A7742
TRA OPTIMUS PRIME THEN AND NOW A7745
TRA STRAFE THEN AND NOW A7754
TRA SLUG THEN AND NOW A7755

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Unless...

Man, I hope this doesn't lead to some weird sea change that causes every incarnation of Swoop to be called Strafe for the next ten years.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Unless...

Man, I hope this doesn't lead to some weird sea change that causes every incarnation of Swoop to be called Strafe for the next ten years.

The previous Strafe figure was the RTS Technobot Voyager that was a repaint of Mindwipe.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

The previous Strafe figure was the RTS Technobot Voyager that was a repaint of Mindwipe.

Yeah, but he didn't have two "heads."

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

So MP21 Bumblebee is going to come with Spike in his Exosuit which also transforms.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Mar 6, 2014

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
God I wanted one of those transforming suits that Spike wore so bad when I was a kid.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

EthanSteele posted:

So MP21 Bumblebee is going to come with Spike in his Exosuit which also transforms.

Sold. Time to sell all my other Bumblebees.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

EthanSteele posted:

I am keeping my pre-order. That looks really good. And it's an actual Volkswagen Beetle!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Interchangeable face plates, an exo-Spike and a gorgeous VW bug mode? So loving sold.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Fun fact: According to USA today, Optimus Prime is a dinobot. Yay for modern news' fact checking.

Dammit, now I want that Bumblebee. Seriously want that spike Exo-suit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EthanSteele posted:

Jesus loving christ. This just went from "I want it" to "I must have it".

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

EthanSteele posted:

AAAAAAHHHHH he's perfect! Oh man, I am so hyped for this.

You know, as a kid, I really, really liked Bumblebee. I still love G1 Bumblebee. That other yellow guy who beeps is a different character as far as I'm concerned. Don't be hating on this fella just because he shares a name with that other guy.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The back half of the roof bothers me, I think some of its problems might become more evident once you put paint on them (and I'm nitpicking here because it's a Masterpiece design) but otherwise looks very promising.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EthanSteele posted:

So glad I preordered this.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Well, looks like I am pre-ordering an MP Bumblebee.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

EthanSteele posted:

Oh look at that, the absolute most iconic VW ever turning into a robot with a gun.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Be interesting to see how the inevitable Goldbug repaint works out/is re-engineered. They should also do a Herbietron for shits and giggles, I'd be all over that.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Cliffjumper retool?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Depends on how strict they want to take the alt-mode thing - if they really want to do CJ's justice, it's going to take some ace design skills to turn that into a Porsche 924.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CLiffjumper must of course come with a giant rifle he pulls out of nowhere.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Yup. And I bet some folks at both companies are gonna have a field day figuring out how make it.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Rei_ posted:

The back half of the roof bothers me, I think some of its problems might become more evident once you put paint on them (and I'm nitpicking here because it's a Masterpiece design) but otherwise looks very promising.

I'm the same right now, the top of his chest (back of the roof) looks not so hot, but I'm hoping it'll look better with paint and stuff, but we'll have to see.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I hate bumblebee so much, not even that fantastic mold and Spike in his exosuit will sway my opinion.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Ka0 posted:

I hate bumblebee so much, not even that fantastic mold and Spike in his exosuit will sway my opinion.

Did you hate him as a kid too? He was my favorite as a kid because his toy was affordable and he was constantly onscreen. Also he was kind of a smartass at times.

(Look at me, assuming everyone in this thread is an Old Man on the Internet like me)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Here you go, dearies, have a better quality version of that pic:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ka0 posted:

Everyone knows Saturnians have the worst opinions anyways.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

His face has kind of a Unicron thing going on. Hopefully we'll get a 3rd party Uni-bee (Bumble-cron?) head replacement to make it official.

Seriously that 'bee is worth getting for the exo-suit alone. Absolutely pre-ordering.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

That looks fantastic.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
C'mon, eHobby, make a Glyph repaint. You know you want to.

solidrooster
Apr 8, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Man it's so awesome that Spike comes with Bee. They both are awesome sculpts.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
The jerk in me wants to pose Movie Prime dangling the removable face over Bee's head, like when the class bully would take your lunchbox.

I'm stoked about this development. He looks darn near perfect and I love the spare tire on the back. That and I didn't think they'd ever get to do a licensed VW Bee, so apparently this is what Shogo Hasui meant when he was talking about how buying Tomy made getting licenses a lot easier.

E: Jesus, the Datsuns were great enough, but now I've got a Lambo, a Stratos and a bug in the pipes? These guys beat the Alternators all to hell for everything except having seats and steering wheels.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phy posted:

The jerk in me wants to pose Movie Prime dangling the removable face over Bee's head, like when the class bully would take your lunchbox.

That is the best idea.

Is he gonna come with two faces, I guess? Cartoon and original toy?

BBTS has sent me an email which says Bumblebee is gonna be five whole dollars cheaper than the Lambos and Nissans.

Still nothing on that Skids I preordered back when it was first possible to though...

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Did you hate him as a kid too? He was my favorite as a kid because his toy was affordable and he was constantly onscreen. Also he was kind of a smartass at times.

(Look at me, assuming everyone in this thread is an Old Man on the Internet like me)

I am an Old Man on the Internet as well, and I hated Bumblebee BECAUSE he was constantly on screen, clogging up my robot time with his dumb yellow head and his dumb human buddies. I always wanted all robots all the time. SHOW THE GUY WITH THE LIGHT-UP TALKY-EARS MORE!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
This is gonna be my MP10 and Bumblepuff

Steve Vader posted:

I am an Old Man on the Internet as well, and I hated Bumblebee BECAUSE he was constantly on screen, clogging up my robot time with his dumb yellow head and his dumb human buddies. I always wanted all robots all the time. SHOW THE GUY WITH THE LIGHT-UP TALKY-EARS MORE!

We already had the humans to ask questions, Bumblebee not knowing anything as well was just silly. Big Bumblebee moments in G1 cartoon: Finding a place for the Dinobots to get taken away to and getting stuck in a manhole. He wasn't even the only one with a jetpack!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
As a kid, Bumblebee and Wheeljack were my favorite Autobots, so this makes me really giddy that I'm getting them both in MP form.

It helped that the original Bumblebee had a personality (even though it was basically "Awww, gee, shucks Optimus!") and the human characters in G1 weren't annoying (well, except for Daniel, but he came later). Of course, a big part of me liking Bumblebee can probably be attributed to that fact that he appeared in the show all the time and I actually had his toy.

An Angry Bug posted:

C'mon, eHobby, make a Glyph repaint. You know you want to.

You know they're going to make a Glyph as well as a red Bumblebee. They've done Tigertrack, G2 Sideswipe and are going to do Diaclone Bluestreak, so it's certainly in the realm of possibility.

I'm not gonna lie, I would totally go for a blue G2 Grimlock.