Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Susies pose in this picture is goddamn amazing.

This is also amazing. I love you all SFD. (And I totally don't remember telling people to do this, but I will definitely take credit for it)

CLAM DOWN posted:

"Hey guys, let's make a giant dick out of light balls" -Commander Mesmer Asura, 2014, Hero of the WvW

NapoleonAtWaterloo fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Speaking of dicks, SFD guild is full so we are doing a purge this weekend, please visit our forums for information!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Speaking of dicks, SFD guild is full so we are doing a purge this weekend, please visit our forums for information!

The guild, unlike the members, actually becomes full :allears:

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Lonk posted:

The guild, unlike the members, actually becomes full :allears:

Whenever I think of Arus my member becomes full

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Tormance posted:

When I think of Starfleet Dental I'll think of this.

Especially since its so lopsided.

Vencja
Feb 27, 2013

Yoink!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Please don't purge me for the note I sent you I'm so embarrassed I was drunk oh god :aaaaa:

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012

Vencja posted:

Please don't purge me for the note I sent you I'm so embarrassed I was drunk oh god :aaaaa:

Well the note should be posted here so we can determine the outcome :)

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Was it an ASCII of a bunny being boiled?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Vencja posted:

Are you the one who keeps sending me hundreds upon hundreds of salads and veggie burgers yelling "GET A HINT ARUS" in the message body?!

Vencja
Feb 27, 2013

Yoink!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Are you the one who keeps sending me hundreds upon hundreds of salads and veggie burgers yelling "GET A HINT ARUS" in the message body?!

No, I was the one who sent you around 140 sticks of butter along with a note that said "do you like me [ ] yes [ ] no".

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Batham posted:

The "best" overall build for Guardians in PvE is 20/25/0/0/25 and works well if you swap between greatsword/sword&focus (although the dps increase for swapping between the 2 is tiny, so you can safely stick to the greatsword). 15/30/0/0/25 is an alternative to this where you stick with using the sword&focus instead of the greatsword.

However, these are the "optimum" DPS builds. I prefer playing that way (partially because I prefer the GS over all other Guardian weapons), but there is no reason not to pick another build if you choose to. You should really only worry about what weapon you like playing with and then find or make a build around it, though the staff and torch are both extremely weak for most PvE activities. A good hammer build is 15/25/0/20/10 that I found also to be useful if you decide to go mace/focus (although I personally think the damage of the mace is lackluster for single target, while being excellent for AoE).

Optimum DPS seems to be the way to go for pve. I will probably keep Tome of Courage on my bar as its just ridiculous.

I'm mostly just sick of greatsword since I have been using it for 90% of that characters play time. Going sword focus seems like a good change. I have yet to find the love for the hammer.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Demon_Corsair posted:

I have yet to find the love for the hammer.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Demon_Corsair posted:

I have yet to find the love for the hammer.

We all learn sometime. You'll get there.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Guardian Hammer is awesome, just need to get used to that last slow hit on the auto-attack. Area protection + area retaliation, yeah.

And yeah, punting people off ledges in EotM will never ever get old.

Ever.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
My party generally gets pissed at me if I punt the guy we are targeting out side of marks/aoe etc etc. And since he is going to be mostly pve, punting guys of ledges in wvw isn't really something I have to worry about.

qri11
Dec 30, 2004

Arrest Me, I'm Banksy
I stopped playing at level 17 right after launch, now I'm playing again and I feel so... lost and alone.

High-Water Marx
Dec 30, 2007

History is nothing but the actions of men in pursuit of gnarly waves

Finally got around to picking up GW2, and am still getting my feet properly wet. Have rolled out a Norn Supremacy guardian, and I have to say that one of my bigger stumbling blocks is the dodging. Is that something that eventually just clicks, or is there somewhere I can go that's solid for practice?

I know that with the bigger lumbering enemies there's a visible windup that's your cue to move, but is there something to keep an eye on for smaller guys?

Nuudoru
Mar 1, 2013
https://twitter.com/Mordremoth/statuses/441362472420016128

Why are you doing this to us, Anet? :negative:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Stackblocks posted:

Finally got around to picking up GW2, and am still getting my feet properly wet. Have rolled out a Norn Supremacy guardian, and I have to say that one of my bigger stumbling blocks is the dodging. Is that something that eventually just clicks, or is there somewhere I can go that's solid for practice?

I know that with the bigger lumbering enemies there's a visible windup that's your cue to move, but is there something to keep an eye on for smaller guys?

It's something that takes time, bind the dodge key to the mouse helps too. As for smaller enemies you can either learn their timings, kite them around, eat the damage or use your class skills. Since you're a guardian you can blind them, use aegis and reflects to avoid damage. Sword/Focus is a good defensive choice, lots of blind and blocks.

qri11 posted:

I stopped playing at level 17 right after launch, now I'm playing again and I feel so... lost and alone.

Join a guild like the ones in the op, guest to a high pop server if you're in a smaller one. You can also head to Lions Arch and Gendarren Fields cause that's where most people are right now.

gently caress em, hope he eats them all. All arus talks about in guild chat is how freeing it would be to play as a bird, he thinks they'll be able to fly around maps with their racial skill.

High-Water Marx
Dec 30, 2007

History is nothing but the actions of men in pursuit of gnarly waves

Hadn't thought to rebind the dodge key! Thanks. Will put some practice in on that later.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

qri11 posted:

Join a goon guild in the OP. You will never be lonely. Last night on SFD mumble we discovered the joys of box wine and robotic answering machines.

vvvv I'm right here! Also did someone clip their wings? :haw:

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 6, 2014

Nuudoru
Mar 1, 2013
^^^^^ Nobody really remembers when or how it happened IIRC.

Visidan posted:

gently caress em, hope he eats them all. All arus talks about in guild chat is how freeing it would be to play as a bird, he thinks they'll be able to fly around maps with their racial skill.

You could tell him that Tengu lost the ability to fly a long time ago.

Nuudoru fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 6, 2014

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Visidan posted:

All arus talks about in guild chat is how freeing it would be to play as a bird, he thinks they'll be able to fly around maps with their racial skill.

I'm a terrible influence on my friends :allears:

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Make tengu esports mode only, goon squad would become the world premier esports guild in a week.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

We don't run that Twitter account.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tivac posted:

Cantha confirmed.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

This is literally called Goon in Australian slang. You know what you must do.

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
Reinstalled the client today to see if that fixes my crash issues. Forgot how incredibly long it takes to download the client! 2-3 hours later and I'm sitting at 25%. :toot:

Yeast Confection
Oct 7, 2005

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

Susies pose in this picture is goddamn amazing.

This is also amazing. I love you all SFD. (And I totally don't remember telling people to do this, but I will definitely take credit for it)

I'll never wear a shirt in WvW again!

I don't get to do WvWednesday too often, but it's always a blast. SFD, super fun doodles.

Nuudoru
Mar 1, 2013

Tivac posted:

I feel like such a fool :smithicide:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nuudoru posted:

Foolishly foolish fool.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Nuudoru posted:

I pity you.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012
For the In Tune achievement:

In Tune
This achievement is also a tricky one, I would recommend you disable your auto attack so that you are precisely controlling when you hit the holograms. Necros, Rangers, Mesmers; watch your minions, pets, clones, and phantasms, their damage counts against you if you are not attuned. Engineers, your turrets fall under that category as well. For all professions, I would recommend crafting your build based solely on damage your character does and not use any summons or sources of outside damage. Again, attention is critical, always be aware of your current attunement and the attunement of the hologram you are fighting.

I loving hate you Anet on screwing over a class that can summon pets AGAIN.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Mosthated posted:

In Tune
This achievement is also a tricky one, I would recommend you disable your auto attack so that you are precisely controlling when you hit the holograms. Necros, Rangers, Mesmers; watch your minions, pets, clones, and phantasms, their damage counts against you if you are not attuned. Engineers, your turrets fall under that category as well. For all professions, I would recommend crafting your build based solely on damage your character does and not use any summons or sources of outside damage. Again, attention is critical, always be aware of your current attunement and the attunement of the hologram you are fighting.

Don't forget that doing damage to the beams that shoot out also counts. So things like dodge rolling through them when you have a trait that causes damage on dodging will break that achievement.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mosthated posted:

In Tune

I qualified for this achievement but didn't receive it. I think it's because the legendary has so much health that I never actually get credit for the event.

I also qualified for the "Don't get hit by the lasers or their aftereffects" but see previous.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
They've really dropped the ball with the event breaking bugs on the final two updates.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SeaTard posted:

Don't forget that doing damage to the beams that shoot out also counts. So things like dodge rolling through them when you have a trait that causes damage on dodging will break that achievement.

Get the gently caress out.

Jesus Anet.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Have they fixed the Knights not dropping loot yet?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Other posted:

Have they fixed the Knights not dropping loot yet?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Someone on Guild chat said that Anet was blaming us for not the loot thing?

Something about having to kill all the knights at the same time?

• Locked thread