Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens have proven time and again they can handle a strong personality in the locker room. Incognito is a pro bowl center and I love the idea of how opposing teams fans would verbally assault him. Effectively, the effect would be similar to how other NFL players are subjected to verbal assaults on the road. I believe this would cause a bonding effect on the offensive side of the ball and would give the offense someone to rally behind.

Obviously he will have to rehabilitate his image, attend some sensitivity training and anger management training. Whatever the coaching staff feels would be necessary.

Made in the USA and dude can play.

Much like I give a poo poo less about Sam's sexual preference. I care not about 68 off the field antics. Before you flame this post. Be mindful that his peers voted him a team captain and wanted him to represent him.

No...we are not related LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Effectively, the effect would cause a bonding effect.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

GAY KARATE MAN posted:

The Ravens have proven time and again they can handle a strong personality in the locker room. Incognito is a pro bowl center and I love the idea of how opposing teams fans would verbally assault him. Effectively, the effect would be similar to how other NFL players are subjected to verbal assaults on the road. I believe this would cause a bonding effect on the offensive side of the ball and would give the offense someone to rally behind.

Obviously he will have to rehabilitate his image, attend some sensitivity training and anger management training. Whatever the coaching staff feels would be necessary.

Made in the USA and dude can play.

Much like I give a poo poo less about Sam's sexual preference. I care not about 68 off the field antics. Before you flame this post. Be mindful that his peers voted him a team captain and wanted him to represent him.

No...we are not related LOL.

I dont think Incognito is in danger of verbal abuse from the other team...

Jonathan Martin however is going to get a lot.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
i would be beside myself if the Ravens picked up Incognito

let's remember it was Incognito that singled out another teammate for harassment and bullying, coercing others to go along with him leading to the offensive line turning over 50% of it's starters midseason. i doubt that's the kind of unifying force the offensive line needs.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

quote:

I believe Stafford is an Alcoholic for many other reasons than [pictures of him drinking], but that horse has been beaten and you have “disproved” my theory. So I will not continue to bring it up. I keep it to myself now.

Don't forget I also thought Stafford was having relationship problems with his girlfriend and dragging those negative issues with him on to the field. Also “disproved” by the Pride of Detroit debate panel.

Couldn't find the original posts, but maybe that's for the best.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I can't stand people who openly attempt to diagnose people or judge them with disorders like alcoholism stated above when it's straight up conjecture and not some explanation for destructive behavior like "oh man he's busted for another dui? That's three this year!"

And instead it's coming from "stafford can't lead this team. He's clearly an alcoholic and alcoholics can't lead I know this thanks to Facebook and a Wikipedia article"

I saw it a few times with people talking about a weak lineman or a linebacker with poor instincts. The worse are people attacking qbs. "Maybe he's gay? He seems to lack that killer instinct alpha personality you want your qb to have!"

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 19, 2014

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I'm assuming this is all following Ditka's own little poo poo post about Stafford needing to turn his cap around if he wants to be a good QB.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Wearing you cap sideways during interviews is one of the leading causes of autism.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I learned the level of a man's confidence by seeing how hot his girlfriend was a long time ago. Thanks scouts from Moneyball!

Oodles of Wootles
Nov 8, 2008

safe
I saw Matt Stafford at the MAC championship a few years ago and he bought a beer. Pretty obviously an alcoholic.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Oodles of Wootles posted:

I saw Matt Stafford at the MAC championship a few years ago and he bought a beer. Pretty obviously an alcoholic.

Stafford is an alcoholic in the way that any frat dude is an alcoholic

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Matt Stafford perpetually looks like a frat dude.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Matt Stafford found the fountain of youth at way too young an age, now he looks permanently 17.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
I always thought he kinda looked like a fish

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
There's a poster on PatsFans whose elaborate offseason plan unironically includes signing Jimmy Clausen.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Are you sure he didn't horribly gently caress up typing "Jimmy Graham"? :psyberger:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I can't stand people who openly attempt to diagnose people or judge them with disorders like alcoholism stated above when it's straight up conjecture and not some explanation for destructive behavior like "oh man he's busted for another dui? That's three this year!"

And instead it's coming from "stafford can't lead this team. He's clearly an alcoholic and alcoholics can't lead I know this thanks to Facebook and a Wikipedia article"

I saw it a few times with people talking about a weak lineman or a linebacker with poor instincts. The worse are people attacking qbs. "Maybe he's gay? He seems to lack that killer instinct alpha personality you want your qb to have!"

Ham's mom has a theory that Brad Richards of the New York Rangers looked like poo poo last year because of relationship problems or a divorce and at this point with him playing way better this year she could be right.

I mean they have a new head coach and stuff but still

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

It's silly to act like a player's personal life doesn't affect their on-field performance but it's equally silly to try and go the other way and diagnose personal life issues from on the field play.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

whypick1 posted:

Are you sure he didn't horribly gently caress up typing "Jimmy Graham"? :psyberger:

Unless Jimmy Graham wants to make under 1 mil a year then yes.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

It's silly to act like a player's personal life doesn't affect their on-field performance but it's equally silly to try and go the other way and diagnose personal life issues from on the field play.

The only tiny silver lining you could take from that line of reasoning popping up more and more is that maybe fans are thinking more about athletes as being human beings. Probably not, but you can hope.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There's a poster on PatsFans whose elaborate offseason plan unironically includes signing Jimmy Clausen.

I support 31 teams in the league signing Pickles, just not my own.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Maybe the plan is to harvest him for parts for when Gronk gets injured again.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What parts could he possibly have that Belichick's Home for the Sick and Indigent doesn't already provide?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Declan MacManus posted:

Explain why for every goal December-March last year Brad Richards screamed to the sky "gently caress YOU KAREN" then

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Stuff like that alpha male crap makes me want to see Ham succeed even more just to spite the dumbasses who spew stuff like that.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Stuff like that alpha male crap makes me want to see Ham succeed even more just to spite the dumbasses who spew stuff like that.

Hey I agree on the "probably gay" thing but Ham's been doing ok as a poster so I wouldn't be too concerned

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Thank u and all of my fans!! #goHAM #teamham

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What parts could he possibly have that Belichick's Home for the Sick and Indigent doesn't already provide?

The fact that in the last two AFC championship games Talib was injured and Belichick didn't immediately send him back out as some Frankenstein like monster obviously shows that Belichick is missing vital parts of his evil scientist lab kit.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

quote:

LOL

lol @ seatle rite now.. thinkin they r GOATs… still think u got lucky in playoffs.. gunna be shown up nxt yr by fins. ur a 1 hit one-der

just my 2 sense tho, take it or leave it

quote:

lol @ "luck'

fins gunna shock AFC bud. broncs wont stand a chance against em. nFC= NO FOOTBALL CONFRENCE. think ull win NFC W?

:psyduck:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
What the. Where are those from?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Haven't you heard the Dolphins are guest starring in the NFC West next season?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

AAA DOLFAN posted:

What the. Where are those from?

A commentator from the Seahawks SBN site decided to give some people the 411 on why the hocks (sic!) got lucky and Dolphins are gonna win it all. People were justifiably skeptical. Then followed a string of comments so moronic and unintelligible it must be some sort of performance art.

I mean, yes it is possible maybe even likely Seattle doesn't get close to the Superbowl again, NFC and the West in particular is a tough place. But the Dolphins as an example of who to watch next to show the NFC sucks?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Field Gulls comments are bad in general but that site attracts the weirdest loving trolls.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Guy makes a post on pewterreport.com about the new Bucs unis saying if you didn't like them you could email the Bucs and tell them, providing a contact link.

This was a response:

quote:

"Dear Bucs ,

Waaaaaaaaahhh , I'm writing you this letter because I'm an infant with no forward thinking fashion sense ,and I can't stand not getting my way , Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! "

Actually the whole thread is awful, go nuts: http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1314430.0.html

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I know Twitter is low-hanging fruit but holy poo poo this is the most SAS_flow_chart.jpg thing ever https://twitter.com/KyleRancourt

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Benne posted:

I know Twitter is low-hanging fruit but holy poo poo this is the most SAS_flow_chart.jpg thing ever https://twitter.com/KyleRancourt

Somehow Reddit has managed to be the most sane venue for Michael Bennett hot takes.

Also, Field Gulls lets Kenneth Arthur post on the front page so obviously the comments are gonna be rough. The other guys are pretty OK though.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The best part about that feed is him RTing someone who asserts that Wilson is only going to demand $10 mill/yr. :laffo: DangeRuss's gonna get paid.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The ballad of day 1 free agency

Patsfan01: The thought of going into the season with Dennard and Arrington as our two CB's is absolutely sickening. Must make some sort of move today whether it be Revis or not.

I definitely think Denver overpaid for Talib. But this whole offseason approach for the Patriots is getting really old fast.

Mcmurty86: Agreed. Getting to the AFCCG and/or Super Bowl frequently is so old.

Patsfan01: Are we winning those games? Exactly.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
I enjoy being a Bucs fan because we don't have to go through the heartbreak of losing in the NFCCG and Super Bowl every now and then.

• Locked thread