Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

I like to eat raw feces because I'm a loving retard. there i said it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

If you like Deus Ex you should probably play Alpha Protocol a few times.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ill bet youre one of those people who things KOTOR 1 had incredible gameplay but KOTOR2 "just felt off"

and FO3 had great exploration but new vegas felt like "more of the same"

and alpha protocol was "lol sega what a bat game"

stop posting you chucklefuck

Dec 26, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

If you like Deus Ex you should probably play Alpha Protocol a few times.

i love both games and never really got this comparison, theyre not that comparable

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

conceitedguy posted:

You're not allowed in Pony Crew.

*You have been expelled from Pony Crew.*

no. noooooo

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
So what's the best graphical/visual Morrowind add-on for a laptop that can almost but not quite handle Oblivion on full settings?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mortimer posted:

ill bet youre one of those people who things KOTOR 1 had incredible gameplay but KOTOR2 "just felt off"

and FO3 had great exploration but new vegas felt like "more of the same"

and alpha protocol was "lol sega what a bat game"

stop posting you chucklefuck
i have no idea what you're talking about and assume you either have me mistaken for someone else or have crippling autism and believe everyone has to correspond to one of a few broad sets of beliefs that only make sense in your head. i literally do not understand why you are angry or what has upset you

i found kotor 1 decent but like kotor 2 a lot. both have bad gameplay, kotor 2's was at least much more fun because of all the ridiculous broken poo poo you could do by turning all your party into dual-wielding jedi. if you're going to have bad gameplay at least make it exploitable to the point where it becomes fun (see: morrowind)

absolutely hated fallout 3 but new vegas is one of my favourite games despite still being saddled with a bad engine and terrible anemic fps-rpg combat because the rest of the content makes up for it

found alpha protocol a really fun CYOA with unparalleled choice and reactivity, dragged down by boring as poo poo corridor cover shooter gameplay (though still better than mass effect which for some reason people think is more fun), as i pretty much outright stated already. why would i even care about sega? what do they have to do with anything? im genuinely deeply confused.

do you have anything else you would like to completely imagine about me based on me liking your favourite developer a lot but not enough to be acceptable to you? please come and post in gbs and learn to be a chill person who is cool with people having opinions broadly similar but not 100% the same as yours.

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Mar 6, 2014

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

An Angry Bug posted:

So what's the best graphical/visual Morrowind add-on for a laptop that can almost but not quite handle Oblivion on full settings?

the Graphics Extender, but just for distant land stuff.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Cool, thanks.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

An Angry Bug posted:

Cool, thanks.
I'd advise limiting the graphics extender to a certain amount of cells (10-15) for two reasons - helps a lot with framerate and it takes a lot of the magic away from Morrowind when you can see the entire game world from any point. The game feels a lot bigger than Oblivion/Skyrim due to lack of fast travel, but when you can see how small the world actually is, that's lessened a lot. 10-15 cells lets you see pretty drat far and is very pretty anyway

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

The game feels a lot bigger than Oblivion/Skyrim due to lack of fast travel, but when you can see how small the world actually is, that's lessened a lot. 10-15 cells lets you see pretty drat far and is very pretty anyway

When I first got distant land I was pissed at how close everything is to each other, you can see Vivec from Seyda Neen. While its nice, it really does kill a lot of the "whoa poo poo" factor when some giant daedric shrine appears out of nowhere.

beat9
Aug 19, 2005

Yeah, so I caved in, thanks to this thread, and now I'm trying to get the Morrowind Overhaul mod to work. I have a problem where it freezes up every time I try to apply MGSO Options. I tried searching for related errors but no luck so far....
Anyone have any tips for me?

Also, I'm running it under Boot Camp and I fear that might be the problem.....

beat9 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 6, 2014

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Replayed Morrowind for a few days, caught up on the last 30 pages of the thread, kept seeing comments about cool poo poo I found in the wilderness and kept thinking "yeah, that was awesome". Why can't more open world RPGs be this fun to explore?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The smart choice.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

lol

e: this thread kinda died after being moved

cthulhoo fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 7, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

holy poo poo I just realized those are the ingredients to make fortify int potions

loving duh

I thought it was just "things only found in morrowind"

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
lol noob

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

gg killing the thread mods

the fight with this guy was an intense 5 second spamfest of spellblasts from both sides and somehow the lone cattle caught in the middle made it out alive. this guy was a bastard tho.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
yeah, gbs really needed the extra room for threads like "bagpipes are neither irish nor scottish" and "some people have hardcore face acne and theres nothing they can do about it".

Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

gbs doesn't have good threads which is why this needed to be moved

Convoolio
Oct 31, 2005

I want the tribunal hand on a t-shirt: http://imgur.com/0hndpUY

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Convoolio posted:

I want the tribunal hand on a t-shirt: http://imgur.com/0hndpUY

Im gonna get that put permanently onto my body

is this a good idea yes or no

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Mortimer posted:

get CHIM across your knuckles

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Dr. Lenin posted:

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Mortimer posted:

if you don't already have the hand tattooed onto your forehead then fuckin :laffo:

Dec 26, 2012

Dr. Lenin posted:

let me tell you a story about NWAH and SWIT

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

01011001 posted:

let me tell you a story about NWAH and SWIT

This on the knuckles, and CHIM across the forehead.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Error 404 posted:

This on the knuckles, and CHIM across the forehead.

die fetcher on a tramp stamp

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

cthulhoo posted:

die fetcher on a tramp stamp

Nah, that's where ALMSIVI goes. :colbert:

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Uhh come on guys, Cliff Racer for the tramp stamp.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Dr. Lenin posted:

Uhh come on guys, Cliff Racer for the tramp stamp.

No, no, no, cliff racer for a giant back tattoo.

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

agreed with the above, especially with the cliff racer on the back

pure class

e: hope Capntastic is okay with me stealing his picture for an avatar

cthulhoo fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 7, 2014

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

House Dagoth emblem is the best :black101:

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Upmarket Mango posted:

gg killing the thread mods

the fight with this guy was an intense 5 second spamfest of spellblasts from both sides and somehow the lone cattle caught in the middle made it out alive. this guy was a bastard tho.

vampires are super weak to fire, if you have a good fireball + weakness to magicka spell/item you can curbstomp a whole nest of vampires in no time.

Also use the Vampiric ring on a vampire who is using absorb health on you because why not

cthulhoo posted:

agreed with the above, especially with the cliff racer on the back

pure class

Make sure you have SKREEE written under it in the Daedric font

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Dr. Lenin posted:

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Minarchist posted:

House Dagoth emblem is the best :black101: