Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool just give us license to do......comic book chat :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Wow. I had no idea about this. I'm in Seattle, I totally wanna go now, as a Wine nut and Arrow/Amell fan.

Amell seems like a genuinely good guy. :)

Also, last night's episode was rad as gently caress. (as always) but I had to chuckle at all the times (on the island) his hood flew off instantly when running or moving given that it never comes off at all in current Starling City timeline. :D

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feenix posted:

I had to chuckle at all the times (on the island) his hood flew off instantly when running or moving given that it never comes off at all in current Starling City timeline. :D

There was wind.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

zoux posted:

Deadpool just give us license to do......comic book chat :twisted:

Let's just talk about Hawkeye in here again.

Is bows & arrows, close enough bro?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aphrodite posted:

There was wind.

"there was a breeze..." :D

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Let's just talk about Hawkeye in here again.

Is bows & arrows, close enough bro?

All hail Pizza Dog!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hey! No Pizza Dog spoilers please!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
The obvious answer is that Ollie now has access to fashion tape, which he didn't on the island.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

Hey! No Pizza Dog spoilers please!

He ate Kate and Clints pizza

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

He ate Kate and Clints pizza

I will make you feel despair as I have, before you die. I promise.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

zoux posted:

I will make you feel despair as I have, before you die. I promise.

I watched 10 years of Smallville. Nothing you can do will be greater than that.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

bobkatt013 posted:

I watched 10 years of Smallville. Nothing you can do will be greater than that.

Kristin Kreuk has had the most successful career post-Smallville.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Did anyone notice there was no Laurel?

Mexal
Oct 18, 2007

It is best to avoid the power of a ninja

ded posted:

Yup. Best part about the episode not named Manu Bennett.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ded posted:

Yes, and there's a reason for that. She would be really out of place in this episode, considering it was all about Slade and Ollie.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - they really need to just air an 8 second stock scene of Laurel crying, and taking a pill with a glass of bourbon. Fade in, fade out, no other mention. :unsmigghh: edit: oh poo poo, she's going to the AA meetings now, isn't she? Bugger.

I don't know, I do think Laurel's actress could at least have pulled off Canary's lines about
":geno:oh god no:geno:"
":geno:he's going to :geno:kill Oliver and his :geno:entire family:geno:"

The person playing Canary is really not a good actress when it comes to, you know, acting emotions that aren't 'talking to people casually'.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 6, 2014

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Fortunately (or unfortunately, whatever), Laurel's actress isn't playing that character, so that really doesn't matter.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Boogaleeboo posted:

Kristin Kreuk has had the most successful career post-Smallville.

Simply proof of the lack of a just God.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Simply proof of the lack of a just God.

Would you rather Tom Welling?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Drifter posted:

^^^ - they really need to just air an 8 second stock scene of Laurel crying, and taking a pill with a glass of bourbon. Fade in, fade out, no other mention. :unsmigghh: edit: oh poo poo, she's going to the AA meetings now, isn't she? Bugger.

The treatment of AA in the television and movies is always eye rolling, since it's always presented as being "the solution" or part of it. In reality, the success rate of recovering alcoholics in AA isn't any better than those who don't go to AA.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

Would you rather Tom Welling?

I think everyone can agree that Rosenbaum deserved future success.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xy1tUmgiv8
This was actually a pretty good fun good movie.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 6, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Drifter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xy1tUmgiv8
This was actually a pretty good movie.

Oooh, now I want to see it.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Shakugan posted:

The treatment of AA in the television and movies is always eye rolling, since it's always presented as being "the solution" or part of it. In reality, the success rate of recovering alcoholics in AA isn't any better than those who don't go to AA.

Sure, but plotlines in media about alcoholism are generally painted as substances driving people apart. A personal journey where someone tries to stop on their own is way harder to depict visually, because it's more difficult to show efforts to reconnect with people where you aren't literally connecting with people.

Laurel isn't just a fuckup because of the pills and alcohol. The pills and alcohol are almost a consequence of isolating herself from the rest of the cast, rather than a cause. Which is why the scenes of her "improving" are more saliently about reconciling with her sister, or making amends with her father. She doesn't even speak in the AA meeting, she just shows up...which is obviously the more vital part from any plot or character standpoint.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Xealot posted:

...which is obviously the more vital part from any plot or character standpoint.

Especially considering the reaction when her dad first tried to bring her.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Merlinicus posted:

Especially considering the reaction when her dad first tried to bring her.

Definitely. But also, she's clearly going to go to the same AA session as her father, because the scene necessitates her father see her there. If I was in her position, would I want to talk about my problem in front of my parent? Probably not. But an AA session full of strangers would only make half of their dramatic point, so her father is there.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Xealot posted:

Definitely. But also, she's clearly going to go to the same AA session as her father, because the scene necessitates her father see her there. If I was in her position, would I want to talk about my problem in front of my parent? Probably not. But an AA session full of strangers would only make half of their dramatic point, so her father is there.

Maybe having her dad there makes her overcoming her shame all that more important and life-changing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rhyno posted:

He was pretty much the funniest part of that Breaking In show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Things you can no longer talk about in this thread:

1. Comic Books
2. Smallville
3. Laurel's face
4. Agents of SHIELD

We'll try that and see where it gets us. And if it doesn't work then we'll close the thread for a while.

X-O fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 7, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deadpool posted:

1. Comic Books
2. Smallville
3. Laurel's face
4. Agents of SHIELD

We'll try that and see where it gets us. And if it doesn't work then we'll close the thread for a while.

You are a cruel and merciless master.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Deadpool posted:

1. Comic Books
2. Smallville
3. Laurel's face
4. Agents of SHIELD

These rules would also substantially improve the AOS thread.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Has anyone given a reason for the hiatus?

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Shakugan posted:

It worked for Tommy on Rescue Me.

Oh wait...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

jscolon2.0 posted:

These rules would also substantially improve the AOS thread.

You're already breaking the rules, buddy.

zoux posted:

it's the cigarette break in between bouts of sex.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

zoux posted:

To space them out so that the finale lands in mid-May. There will probably be another 2-3 week hiatus after the the 18th episode of season 2 airs on 4/2.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

1. Comic Books
2. Smallville
3. Laurel's face
4. Agents of SHIELD

So... Um... How about them abs, huh?

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

Rarity posted:

So... Um... How about them abs, huh?
How much protein do you think a goon would need ? Should I drink shakes ? I should eat more right ?

How much protein can i find in these Cheetos ?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Oracle posted:

Slade is totally going to bang Ollie's mom. His hands were all over her and she wasn't arguing. Hell he may hook up with Laurel too.

I read that as a threat. Because of his super strength he could crush her at any moment, and he kept touching her in front of Ollie to remind him of that.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

boom boom boom posted:

I read that as a threat. Because of his super strength he could crush her at any moment, and he kept touching her in front of Ollie to remind him of that.

Little does Slade know that Ollie doesn't give a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

It can be both. You ever see Mallrats?

• Locked thread