Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Politicalrancor posted:

"I know a great doctor....but he's gonna make you a side by side"
This whole bit is one of the best things that ever happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I always feel icky after listening to a Don Dimello bit: I bailed out of this episode once they got to the part about getting women hooked on heroin.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Listening to Dom Dimello is kind of weird without Scott because until Marissa Wompler came in there was no one to say "that's hosed up" and it's just three dudes being super creepy (Funny episode though, but I dunno if anything will top the August Lindt one for me)

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So I think Wompler is dead now. She jumped out the window. Only Don can survive that :(

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
My first name would just be "rear end"?

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

ArtVandelay posted:

So I think Wompler is dead now. She jumped out the window. Only Don can survive that :(

Did you not listen all the way through to the end? Andy Daly assured us that she was fine, just a few scrapes and bruises.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

ArtVandelay posted:

Pears are very bouncy.

DrunkDalek
May 20, 2003

Drinking beer to make music to drink beer to.
I think this is the first time I've ever hear Andy's voice crack mid-word and he almost completely revert to his normal speaking pattern for a second.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

RandomPauI posted:

I always feel icky after listening to a Don Dimello bit: I bailed out of this episode once they got to the part about getting women hooked on heroin.

they are actors playing characters

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

jdsalmon posted:

I think this is the first time I've ever hear Andy's voice crack mid-word and he almost completely revert to his normal speaking pattern for a second.

Similarly hilarious when Matt Gourley's voice changes from trying to hold it together, he sounds like his recurring crazy-person character "Kotch" on Superego.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

urk the quack posted:

Similarly hilarious when Matt Gourley's voice changes from trying to hold it together, he sounds like his recurring crazy-person character "Kotch" on Superego.
I'm sorry, my lung is rejecting my body.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

U2's new album got pushed to 2015 which gives you plenty of time to listen to U2's 80s output, which is high quality rock n' roll.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Good Christ, I don't know if I've ever laughed as hard as I did at 'Eye on Theatre'. The side-by-side just about killed me. I don't want this podcast to end.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

If the notion of getting women hooked on heroin offended your sensibilities enough that you stopped listening then you made the right choice turning it off when you did.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I laughed my rear end of when Jason Mantzoukas was like, "I've seen this before, oh wait, no, that was another guy."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Leykis is on Sklarbro Country today.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
So is the archive of Never Not Funny ever going up on Earwolf or are they just gonna post new episodes?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Beeez posted:

So is the archive of Never Not Funny ever going up on Earwolf or are they just gonna post new episodes?
He's still selling the old stuff on his site for 25 bucks per season and I'm pretty sure the move to Earwolf was mostly to get new people listening who might eventually buy those.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah, they posted the old episode this week because Jimmy was sick.

So they'll probably make pay-for archived eps free whenever that happens (which is surprisingly infrequent considering how often he's sick)

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
As someone who has subscribed to NNF for a long while I would be kinda peeved if they just made the entire archives available for free and I'm sure I'm not the only that feels this way. So it would probably not be the greatest business move and not only because of the money they would lose from archive sales.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, I guess it makes sense from that perspective. Oh well(for me).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Here's the strangest minor complaint you'll hear all day: Earwolf needs to swap out the photo of Jason Mantzoukas they use as it really doesn't resemble the guy anymore, and for some reason beyond me reminds me of the photo of Mohamed Atta that the news kept using after 9/11, despite the fact the two don't resemble each other in the slightest.

Also, I thought that the upcoming Live Andy Daly podcast was the same character as from his Nine Sweaters CD, the Irish guy who tells seemingly innocent stories until they take a dark and twisted turn, but they have different names. Same character or different?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Here's the strangest minor complaint you'll hear all day: Earwolf needs to swap out the photo of Jason Mantzoukas they use as it really doesn't resemble the guy anymore, and for some reason beyond me reminds me of the photo of Mohamed Atta that the news kept using after 9/11, despite the fact the two don't resemble each other in the slightest.

Also, I thought that the upcoming Live Andy Daly podcast was the same character as from his Nine Sweaters CD, the Irish guy who tells seemingly innocent stories until they take a dark and twisted turn, but they have different names. Same character or different?

It's the same character he played on CBB, episode "Introducing Rocky".

Also, I kinda dig Jason's picture. I don't think it's looked like him since he even started appearing on Earwolf programs. I makes me think of that young picture of Stalin.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

EL BROMANCE posted:

Jason Mantzoukas

reminds me of

Mohamed Atta

loving racist.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hold on let me ask Andrew Ti

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If your podcast is only gonna be 4 minutes long just go ahead and tweet whether or not something is racist instead.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm now contemplating who out of Rafi and Atta is the worse person... it's close. Real close.

I just hate that photo. I think it's because most photos of Jason have him with a big smile, and in this it's just a cold stare into the camera.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

It reminds me of that old rear end B&W headshot of Howard Kremer. Couldn't be headshottier.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah, we need to get Kulap to safety right now.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Hopefully this means more U Talkin' U2 to Me? episodes: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5930147/no-u2-album-tour-until-2015-ryan-tedder-paul-epworth. The end of the last episode was bussin' me up so hard. Very glad Harris is gonna be on the next one.

drainpipe fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Mar 10, 2014

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I hate to be a dick, but someone needs to slap Andrew Ti's hand with a ruler whenever his voice goes up eight octaves for the sake of humor or whatever -- it's a weird linguistic crutch/tick and he's been doing it a LOT in recent episodes.

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

bobservo posted:

I hate to be a dick, but someone needs to slap Andrew Ti's hand with a ruler whenever his voice goes up eight octaves for the sake of humor or whatever -- it's a weird linguistic crutch/tick and he's been doing it a LOT in recent episodes.

Cameron Esposito on Put Your Hands Together delivers most of her punchlines in a high screechy voice and it gets really irritating. I think it is a crutch that standups sometimes rely on. It can draw a reaction like adding in extra "fucks" to a punchline, but loses its power pretty quickly.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

that guy really does have two dicks

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm sad that How Did This Get Made is getting reduced to once a month. Paul and June are having a baby so they're going to try and stockpile episodes for when they don't know if they'll be able to get episodes done in a timely manner due to baby stuff.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Bono is like the fifth member of U2

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think U Talkin U2 To Me is my new favorite podcast. I like it even more than ADPPP, as insane as that sounds. And I don't even like U2!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, Nerd Poker took a weird turn this week. And, I'm hungry for cheese.

The best bits are when they realized they first realized they were rats and saving throw against cheese.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

Well, Nerd Poker took a weird turn this week. And, I'm hungry for cheese.

The best bits are when they realized they first realized they were rats and saving throw against cheese.

I might complain about how they were rescued from the jaws of a total party wipe, but considering how the explosion went down I think it's pretty fair.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Drunkboxer posted:

I might complain about how they were rescued from the jaws of a total party wipe, but considering how the explosion went down I think it's pretty fair.

Yeah, I can see that. I was kind of looking forward to a whole new cast of characters but I'm fine with the way it turned out, so far. We'll see how it goes.

I do think that Sark had an idea about how they were supposed to get out of those cells. Maybe with Blackie's levitate spell (if it could have held the keys) but gave up and just had Sir Richard help move things along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I hope they talk about the whole Negativland thing on U Talking U2 To Me.