Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

JimTheEternal posted:

Jeez, this is amazing

edit: Is anybody still compiling fanart? There was an animated gif of lasergator dancing and shooting lasers and AJ tumbling up and down stairs that I want to track down, but damned if I'm going to go back through 200+ pages of this thread to find it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm not really invested in the stream, but I enjoy tuning in every once in a while to see people in chat freaking out about democracy and lasergator. People are taking this poo poo waaaaaaay too seriously. I guess that's the internet for you. :shrug:

JimTheEternal
Mar 5, 2002

Yup, that's the one. Aces, thanks.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

From the same tumblr.

You guys are mean to poor Lazergator. :(

Jack the Stripper
Feb 9, 2014

Your local cheese loving, wooden shoes wearing drug addict.
Seems a lot of people hooked off like me, ~23k following it instead of the 50-70k+ it used to be. Hope this won't be the last TP because of this, it's a nice concept. :colbert:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah I would like more. However as others said a break would be good

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Leaving the stream up with a minigame like pokemon pinball going with a 'next adventure in: XX days XX hours XX seconds' countdown for a few weeks, or maybe even a month or two, would probably be a better solution than rolling directly from one into the next.

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008
Yeah, though I understand why they decided to go straight to Crystal after Red. I'd personally like to see Twitch play Crono Trigger next, but Enerald or another gen in another month or so would be good, too.

Edit:vvvvv Soooooo adorable, I really never expected to like the fanart for this, but people have been making such nice stuff. ATV is my favorite.

yoyomama fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Mar 6, 2014

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Really there's no choice. It's not even the fault of when the stream happened but just how it turned out. A more even but lower leveled team coming up with great ways to solve puzzles (ie luck) and risk fainting every time is more enjoyable to watch than the Surf-through-the-game. That's how the other pokemon became endearing. They got some good victories which stopped the stream from starting over again at the last pokecentre losing a crap ton of time.

What adds to it is the new democracy on the hour. Probably was implemented after twitch complained about the spamming in chat or whatever in hopes of lowering the load on the servers or something but it really causes a situation where there is no panic of "oh crap democracy is kicking in" when problems arise. Just kind of casual play until the hour when people either spam anarchy or undo half of what was done that hour in hopes of the perfect combination of button presses.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Montegoraon
Aug 22, 2013
I actually hope they don't solve this one in democracy. Morty's pit of the damned was one thing, that required a minimum of 25 commands, so it was unfeasible, but this one could be done in just 16 or so. Much easier.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I just caught the last second of the Gym battle, guess we somehow have 7 badges. This almost seems to be a weird dream, where everything is going perfectly.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The art of TPP has become better again, suddenly.

- Lazorgator is now a tragic figure. Sorta like batman in "dark knight". Its also pit to become a God-killer if finnaly Red shows with the our Gen1 pokes (but thats unlikelly?).
- Prince Omelette is some loved member lost, and a cause of ire and sadness.
- Brian is some anti-hero bird, like in the movie "Life of brian".

On the meta level theres some movement:
- "kill the croc" "save lazorgator".
- People asking to get this and that super poke, or cute poke.
- Eevee has not evolved yet, his evolutions are interesting.
Gen 1 was the "Elevation of Gods"
Gen 2 may become the "Destruction of Gods"

One interesting (with broken-art style) one is this:
http://imgur.com/Xdt4VKj

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

if i go crazy then
will you still
call me superman

PowerBeard posted:

I just caught the last second of the Gym battle, guess we somehow have 7 badges. This almost seems to be a weird dream, where everything is going perfectly.
Because they have Feraligatr winning every battle with its one move of doom.

Singh Long
Oct 9, 2012

Tei posted:

The art of TPP has become better again, suddenly.

- Lazorgator is now a tragic figure. Sorta like batman in "dark knight". Its also pit to become a God-killer if finnaly Red shows with the our Gen1 pokes (but thats unlikelly?).
- Prince Omelette is some loved member lost, and a cause of ire and sadness.
- Brian is some anti-hero bird, like in the movie "Life of brian".

On the meta level theres some movement:
- "kill the croc" "save lazorgator".
- People asking to get this and that super poke, or cute poke.
- Eevee has not evolved yet, his evolutions are interesting.
Gen 1 was the "Elevation of Gods"
Gen 2 may become the "Destruction of Gods"

One interesting (with broken-art style) one is this:
http://imgur.com/Xdt4VKj

This came to mind.

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Because they have Feraligatr winning every battle with its one move of doom.

Does that mean AAAAAtttta is actually John Cena? That would probably explain why he's hated so much.

Singh Long fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 7, 2014

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

It looks like now they are going to seriously try to release LazorGator.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Singh Long posted:

Does that mean AAAAAtttta is actually John Cena? That would probably explain why he's hated so much.

Well, he's got the divisive, unbeatable, and poorly-booked fights despite actually being pretty cool parts down. Might as well post "RAPADOOOOOOOOOO" into the chat every time he's let out for battle to make it official.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So they can't just Daycare him? Why? It'd also allow for an amazing "RELEASE THE BEAST" reunion to fight Red or whatever.

They tried to Daycare him before but kept putting Eevee in there and apparently gave up, but just go in with Democracy and do it right.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If they seriously do release Laser Gator they're going to hit a roadblock even more boring then the game is already.

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

If they seriously do release Laser Gator they're going to hit a roadblock even more boring then the game is already.

But then it will pick up again so...

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Now I feel bad!

I'm sorry I called you boring, LasorGator! Please don't leave us!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I just want them to end up in a fail state somehow. Who is the Magikarp of gen 2? Is it Magikarp. Can they end up with only Magikarp somehow.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Quest For Glory II posted:

I just want them to end up in a fail state somehow. Who is the Magikarp of gen 2? Is it Magikarp. Can they end up with only Magikarp somehow.

It'd be pretty hard. They'd have to fish for it and fishing requires timed inputs now to reel the fish in or it gets away. Which would be almost impossible with the lag.

They might catch a Hoppip though. They barely have any damaging moves by level up and even start with Splash!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Zore posted:

It'd be pretty hard. They'd have to fish for it and fishing requires timed inputs now to reel the fish in or it gets away. Which would be almost impossible with the lag.

They might catch a Hoppip though. They barely have any damaging moves by level up and even start with Splash!

I think the timed input thing only started with Gen III.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

JerryLee posted:

I think the timed input thing only started with Gen III.

Huh, I could have sworn it started in Gen II.

Yeah, it looks like if they could get the old rod they could fish up a Magikarp.

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

They don't have to get rid of the gator, though. The thing doesn't have nearly enough PP to get through the Elite 4. I really want to see them get that far and suddenly need more Pokemon.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

So they can't just Daycare him? Why? It'd also allow for an amazing "RELEASE THE BEAST" reunion to fight Red or whatever.

They tried to Daycare him before but kept putting Eevee in there and apparently gave up, but just go in with Democracy and do it right.

Every time they've put him in Daycare or boxed him, the next Democracy cycle brute forced him back out

davmo1
Jan 2, 2014
J4G Crybaby :frogout:

LAY-ZX posted:

They don't have to get rid of the gator, though. The thing doesn't have nearly enough PP to get through the Elite 4. I really want to see them get that far and suddenly need more Pokemon.

Yeah they need some high pp moves to brute force it through

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Unown. Unown is the Magikarp of Gen2.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm pretty sure they would sooner figure out how to reliably restore the Gator's PP than raise a pokemon only after they get to the E4.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I can't wait to watch either Pikachu or John the Zaptist bitchslap the Gator with Thunder :allears:

God bless Electric sweepers being stupidly fast

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Walliard posted:

Unown. Unown is the Magikarp of Gen2.
Magikarp evolves into a monster.

Unown are useless forever.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I don't understand why they don't just put the gator to the back of the party. It's easier to do and risk free. It stays but doesn't steal the show for itself. Everyone gets what they want.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

Magikarp evolves into a monster.

Unown are useless forever.
Dunsparce is a much cuter Magikarp than the Unown :colbert:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

Dunsparce is a much cuter Magikarp than the Unown :colbert:
Uh... OK?

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I do love that the mythos that's starting to spring up around the gen2 stream is about how people were disappointed that it wasn't as fun as gen1. In its lack of identity it found an identity.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Dragonwagon posted:

I don't understand why they don't just put the gator to the back of the party. It's easier to do and risk free. It stays but doesn't steal the show for itself. Everyone gets what they want.

That would make a stupid amount of sense though, and we can't really have that here. Also if Lasergator is a problem here, I can't imagine what is going to happen in Gen3 when they have a 2/3 chance of picking a really strong pokemon all on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if the first season of Pokemon going up on Netflix affected the popularity much. Well, that and this getting boring compared to the first game.

Was more responding to the ongoing conversation than to what you said in particular, sorry. I just want the poor thing to get some love, if they were going to stick with any one useless mon.

• Locked thread