Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Red posted:

Thor himself can be a great smartass. I found this on GIS, but I'd love if someone could ID the panel.

Based off the art it Romita Jr. To narrow it down it would be in one of the following issues - Thor (1998) #9-13 or THOR ANNUAL 1999

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's either #6 or #7 of Thor Vol. 2.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Wolverine and the X-Men v2 #1

This post brought to you by Rob Liefeld.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Redeye Flight posted:

Yeah, I distinctly remember Loki having a scene where he talks with the "ghost" of Kid Loki about how the process had brought him back, but also changed him. Which is fitting with all the overarching "story" themes in the story. This being comic books, Loki will never be permanently "allowed" to be a good guy--but now that Journey into Mystery happened, Kid Loki has become part of the character's mythos.

That's just guilt manifesting itself. Although him feeling guilt at all is a pretty major step for Loki. I liked good guy kid Loki, but he was always doomed. Teenage conflicted, probably bad, but will screw up for the right reasons Loki is a decent compromise.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

TwoPair posted:

I'm so angry at "eye pad".

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair posted:

This girls power is looking like a character out of an Arthur cartoon?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Vincent posted:

I'm so angry at "eye pad".

I don't have the panel from the comic handy, but the line "Eye am the worst" makes an appearance, in reference to a third eye pun.

I have no idea if that will make you more or less angry.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Ultraverse: Exiles #1

:commissar:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

TwoPair posted:

Why is that eye on top of his head just sitting above his hair? Surely it should be interfering with his center part at least a little bit. The rest seem to have lids around them.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Red posted:

Thor himself can be a great smartass. I found this on GIS, but I'd love if someone could ID the panel.

That definitely reminds me of smartass Ares from Incredible Hercules (both from around #112-115):

and previous to that:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Knormal posted:

Why is that eye on top of his head just sitting above his hair? Surely it should be interfering with his center part at least a little bit. The rest seem to have lids around them.

Maybe that's part of his mutant power.

I'd be in constant agony if that was me. Just imagine all the possibilities for getting stuff in your eye. Food or drink could easily get into the one on his chin or cheeks, his hair would constantly be poking into the ones on his forehead.. God, just loving kill me.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

New Leaf posted:

I'd be in constant agony if that was me. Just imagine all the possibilities for getting stuff in your eye. Food or drink could easily get into the one on his chin or cheeks, his hair would constantly be poking into the ones on his forehead.. God, just loving kill me.

He has an eye on his tongue. He bit it once.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Knormal posted:

It's kinda obvious the artist just drew a normal guy then added a bunch of eyes willy nilly. Hell, some of them almost look clone stamped.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Pacra posted:

That definitely reminds me of smartass Ares from Incredible Hercules (both from around #112-115):

and previous to that:

God drat I miss Marvel Ares.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

New Leaf posted:

Given that he isn't just a quivering mass in pain on the ground, I'd say it's probably part of his mutation that they just don't bother him as much and/or at all like normal eyes.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Pacra posted:

and previous to that:

I just hear pro wrestler style over acting in my head when I read this. In a good way.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Chinaman7000 posted:

I just hear pro wrestler style over acting in my head when I read this. In a good way.

Prior to Randy Savage's death, I always wanted him to voice Hercules on Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes with Ultimate Warrior as Ares.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
They really should have adapted the EMH comic issue with the Elders of the Universe, because Macho Man did a great Champion.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

TwoPair posted:

Given that he isn't just a quivering mass in pain on the ground, I'd say it's probably part of his mutation that they just don't bother him as much and/or at all like normal eyes.

Ugh, this is probably how he feels every day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7S3-UH2rUIQ#t=43

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Red posted:

Oh cruel fate, to be thusly bludgeoned! Ask not from whom the bludgeon bludgeons!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Metal Loaf posted:

That was John Romita, Jr. He'd collaborated with Paul Smith on a few issues previously, but that was his first solo issue as regular penciller. I'm not sure who inked it.

drat. I usually enjoy Romita, Jr. but that's some phoned-in lazy poo poo right there. Now that you told me, I can see it but I never would have guessed that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mr. Maltose posted:

They really should have adapted the EMH comic issue with the Elders of the Universe, because Macho Man did a great Champion.

Seriously? How did I miss that. He did pretty much the same character on Dexters Laboratory.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That's what I was referring to, sorry. But man was Rasslor a great send up to the whole Champion story.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

(Batman Family #3) - When a Monty Python reference goes too far.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
So Batman Family 1 was Benedict Arnold(Observe: http://comicsalliance.com/robin-batgirl-devil-worshipping-ghost-benedict-arnold/ ), and 3 features the Spanish Inquisition and almost a Python gag.

I can only ask, "What's next?"

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Bloodly posted:

I can only ask, "What's next?"

Something completely different, of course.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

:allears:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Oh my god, his helmet is an LCD. That's beautiful.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
So we all agree that this should be in the next Spiderman movie right?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mister Roboto posted:

So we all agree that this should be in the next Spiderman movie right?

Who the gently caress wants a Spider-Man movie when we could have an Iron Jonah movie?

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

ImpAtom posted:

Who the gently caress wants a Spider-Man movie when we could have an Iron Jonah movie?

J.K. Simmons is on the phone to his agent right now. If he isn't then he should be. Just checked out his IMDB page. He's been JJJ for pretty much every version of Spider-Man since the Raimi movies. Webb better recognize the need for him in the third movie, at least.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

So anyone from out of town who doesn't know JJJ just thinks it's a flying robot Hitler, right?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Red posted:

So anyone from out of town who doesn't know JJJ just thinks it's a flying robot Hitler, right?

Next arc is JJJ having to deal with neo-nazis from all over the world coming wanting to do his bidding. Peter Parker's out of a job thanks to the new Daily Bugle team.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cangelosi posted:

(Batman Family #3) - When a Monty Python reference goes too far.
Pink robes? Are they fighting the Gay KKK?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Say Nothing posted:

Pink robes? Are they fighting the Gay KKK?

GayKayKay?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ImpAtom posted:

J.K. Simmons in an Iron Man suit? Yes, please.

Ms. Brant: "Mr. Jameson, you just knocked the spire off the Empire State Building!"

Iron Jonah: "Cut 'em a check!"

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 9, 2014

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

J.K. Simmons in an Iron Man suit? Yes, please.

Ms. Brant: "Mr. Jameson, you just knocked the spire off the Empire State Building!"

Iron Jonah: "Cut 'em a check!"

"Mr. Jameson, you have to stop blasting off in your suit from your office. You added 4 new holes to the ceiling this morning - the construction teams can't keep up!"
"Blast it, Miss Brant, if you could get a cup of coffee to my desk in a timely manner, I wouldn't have to fly over to Starbucks, would I?"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Lager posted:

Actually, I believe you'll find that Cyclops does not fire lasers, instead they are force beams which have no heat associated. :flashfact:

Edit: Someone had to take the bait on that one...
Cyclops' must have KO'd the shark so it couldn't swim in a straight line and probably drowned as a result.

Of course, it doesn't matter anyway because of the giant octopus that later showed up

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Batman's a hoarder.

http://comicsalliance.com/kerry-callen-batman-hoarding/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Uthor posted:

Batman's a hoarder.

Wait, was the Thomas Wayne Batman a relic of the Silver Age too?

• Locked thread