Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

MisterBadIdea posted:

Eh, hard to get upset about this one.

Wait didn't they lose their potential third kid to a miscarriage? Seems rather dickish to say something like that to your wife after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DarklyDreaming posted:

Wait didn't they lose their potential third kid to a miscarriage? Seems rather dickish to say something like that to your wife after that.

If true, Muir just made his first funny comic.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Exclamation Marx posted:

See also "Terra nullius" in regards to Australia and its Aboriginal people

After briefly miming horror, the CEO laughs uproariously because he still brings home 30 million clams a year

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I haven't read the case in detail, but I've seen enough "loving KIDS THESE DAYS THINKING THEY DESERVE poo poo RAAWR" conservative comics the past couple years to think that there has to be some detail in the case that makes it not just "spoiled kid sues mom and dad"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Chard posted:

After briefly miming horror, the CEO laughs uproariously because he still brings home 30 million clams a year writes on op-ed in the Wall Street Journal comparing his $30M salary limit to Kristallnacht.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah, but I doubt Muir remembers that.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Really happy that Zdzisław Beksiński is still making political cartoons, this one is amazing.

quote:

British intelligence and the National Security Agency reportedly spied on Yahoo video chats and stored millions of images. Rodrigo de Matos believes nothing is now private, while Clay Bennett doubts changes to NSA surveillance cover Americans' concerns.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/02/27/283473563/latest-leak-u-k-spied-on-webchats-grabbed-millions-of-images

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MisterBadIdea posted:

Eh, hard to get upset about this one.

Evidence woukd suggest otherwise Muir

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

cafel posted:

In something vaguely political and vaguely cartooning, Bors threw up a couple sketches online. One of them is Obama as Cable from the X-Men. Bors offered no explanation, but I'm sensing a scrapped cartoon in which a drone strike-Sentinel Program analogy was attempted.

Pros: crazy gun, pouches, no visible feet
Cons: frown instead of clenched teeth, too few muscles, those that exist are too small
I give it a 4/10 on the Liefeld scale. It has elements but not the essence.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Day By Day's Facebook Page posted:

I stole this from Bill Cosby!

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

I like that this thread has a better knowledge of DbD's story than Muir.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Did Muir actually admit to copping a joke off of Bill Cosby? I was going to mention that it is originally Cosby's joke, but I figure by now that it's so common, it wasn't worth bringing up.

Good to know that Chris Muir and Carlos Mencia are roughly on the same level.

Ian McLean
Sep 9, 2012

statpedia.org
Post Stats on Anything
https://www.facebook.com/notes/divine-pharaoh/a-scenario-for-a-utopian-society/939453186184

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

A post so insightful and revelatory it has to be slapped raw and meaty on what looks to be nearly every single thread in the subforum.

And still no one gives too much of a poo poo.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Office Pig posted:

A post so insightful and revelatory it has to be slapped raw and meaty on what looks to be nearly every single thread in the subforum.

And still no one gives too much of a poo poo.

Correction, appears to be every subforum.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

I'm flabbergasted by how much the american right-wing seems to have swallowed Putin's cult of masculinity shtick hook, line and sinker. Makes me think of homophobia and how much of it is obviously related to insecurity in masculine identities. A lot of these c artoonists have to feel really esmasculated in life for them to go all doe-eyed and fawning on Putin like this.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Today's LA Times had a cartoon by Rall that actually made me laugh, so I feel compelled to post it.

Little bit of background, Gov. Jerry Brown really did say that while legalization makes sense, we should keep pot illegal to prevent Californians from becoming lazy and reducing the states ability to compete on the world stage. This ignores how our higher education system has been slashed to ribbons over the last two decades, which might have a bigger impact on the states competitiveness. But increasing funding to state universities isn't fiscally prudent, as opposed to spending money on California's burgeoning prisons crammed full of drug offednders.

cafel fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 7, 2014

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Rorus Raz posted:

And to think, all these years I've been told it wasn't a skirt. My life is a lie. (also this is a ruling that actually happened :stare:)

This comic is already outdated, as the Massachusetts legislature just made it illegal (it turns out that it just didn't happen to be illegal before).

I wonder if any other cartoonists prepared a cartoon about this for today and have to scramble to draw something e- haha no who am I kidding they'll just run it anyway

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ramirez will be so disappointed when January 2016 arrives, and someone tells him Obama still has another year in office.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Haha, that's one way to spin violating procedure to keep the opposition party from speaking at a hearing because you're upset your desperate probing failed to uncover any signs of malfeasance.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

So Issa gagged Lerner and is getting poo poo talked by the Democratic members of the committee? :confused:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

VitalSigns posted:

Apparently Lester's style has inspired South African cartoonist Jeremy Nell

...who is apparently just as stupid.

Yes that's right. Mining companies actually hire 50% more workers than they need out of charity I guess, and these ungrateful strikers are ruining it.
Compare

Mike Lester as artistic inspiration. There is no God :cripes:
Oh and of course he'd be an Afrikaaner.

And look like a redditor.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

majormonotone posted:

This comic is already outdated, as the Massachusetts legislature just made it illegal (it turns out that it just didn't happen to be illegal before).

Well, it hasn't been signed yet and probably won't be until tomorrow later today, so... they have some time.

And, yeah, the law as written stated that it only applied if the person being photographed was "nude" or "partially nude" and the court ruled that there's really no way to consider someone who is entirely dressed and on the subway to be "partially nude." It's basically a correct ruling, it just means the law was poorly written. So the law is being fixed.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Oh and of course he'd be an Afrikaaner.

And look like a redditor.

He looks more like Billie Joe Armstrong

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 7, 2014

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

COUNTRY BAD

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I like "alligator can now climb trees." Like last week the alligator hive mind developed a new skill last week.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Crossposting from the CPAC thread with a masterful political cartoon:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

At one of the booths

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Ramirez will be so disappointed when January 2016 arrives, and someone tells him Obama still has another year in office.
It's amazing that just since '09 Obama alone has added $17 trillion to the DEBT.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Monkey Fracas posted:

Crossposting from the CPAC thread with a masterful political cartoon:

I thought the whole problem is that the folks in GOProud are NOT munching beavers.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The current geopolitical climate does not influence whether or not crocodiles can climb trees.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

What do you mean can now climb trees? They've been able to scrabble up trees for awhile.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

This pales in comparison to a duck that can spew right wing screed, the most terrifying evolutionary trait.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Pththya-lyi posted:

I thought the whole problem is that the folks in GOProud are NOT munching beavers.

That was quite well done.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Old Duck Yells at Crocs.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
AP: "Crocodiles, an animal that has been around in more or less their current form for hundreds of millions of years, learned how to climb trees yesterday"

Somehow I don't think that's how the AP article went, duck.

edit: I guess AP's own site doesn't have news on it, never mind. Still can't find the story linked to AP anywhere though. Reuters yeah, but not AP. It's not like either of them is the primary source and....gently caress, been paying too much attention to actual academics recently, its messing with my perceptions of how normal people treat news.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 7, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What the gently caress is he even trying to say? Why does it matter to him if crocodiles can now climb trees and why should I have been expecting that?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

What the gently caress is he even trying to say? Why does it matter to him if crocodiles can now climb trees and why should I have been expecting that?

It's probably a reality TV reference. Is there a show about people who hunt crocodiles now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dilbertschalter
Jan 12, 2010

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Well, there are congressional elections this fall and the new class will come in January 2015.

• Locked thread