Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

idonotlikepeas posted:

That's still the plan as far as we know. There've been a couple of panels with the Phantom self-satisfiedly chuckling about it, or Guran mashing stuff to make it, etc. Which just makes the Endless Treasure Carousel even more pointless.

It's pointless from her viewpoint but the entire arc appears to be an excuse to tell the story of past Phantoms.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Look at the two teams that are playing, the Giants vs. Charlie Brown.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Tomorrow our friends will be having a few pointed words with Salamander and the Boote Brothers! :black101:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (February 19th 2007)

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Endless Mike posted:

Because there is little reason to lock one's self into a closet (home invasions, I guess?), however there are plenty of reasons one might want to lock a closet that's full of stuff. This would generally necessitate a key, though.

A better question is why they have never bothered to reverse the lock. It's a simple procedure and doesn't require more than a screwdriver.

But thats my point. You wouldn't have THAT kind of lock on a closet door that locked from the outside.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

:doh: You stupid assholes!

Why does this comic feel the need to spend so much time on its most detestable characters? Do these two seriously have fans asking for more of them?

Some Guy TT posted:

Non Sequitur

This one made me laugh.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

Johnny Walker posted:

This Soul Corner is just begging for a Breaking Bad edit.

Seriously, it's very odd now when I read stuff about the Civil Rights Movement and see Walter White's name pop up all the time.

On another note, the Comics Curmudgeon raised a great point about the current fantastic Iron Jonah plot in Spider-Man - instead of using Iron Jonah to find and expose Spider-Man, it would be much funnier if he became a competing superhero, gradually destroying Spider-Man's reputation.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Kammat posted:

Modesty Blaise

drat Willy's looking manly there. Like a blond Rambo. Can we get him avatar sized?

Command Ant posted:

This one made me laugh.

I can only assume that the color version totally butchers the joke. So I looked it up on GoComics and-

...Apparently most of the older daily Non Sequiturs only colorize the thought bubbles. I have no idea why, since this is the only time I can remember where the joke only makes sense in black and white.

Also this comic looks way better as a square.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Some Guy TT posted:

Holy poo poo, this is the best.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Pros & Cons

Sounds like a mistrial to me! Victory for Mr. Rhodes!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Kammat posted:

Modesty Blaise

One thing I like about Romero is that although you can tell he loves the cheesecake, he doesn't have a problem throwing in the occasional slice of beefcake to even things out. :)

Strap in, everybody, because 2010 Spidey is finally done with the setup and we can finally get this show on the road! :neckbeard:

That disappointed face. :smith:

Mole Man is being a total gentleman and Petey is being such a dick.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Hey, I haven't seen Thorn or Sergio Argones's stuff or Don Martin... Mr. Beeg, what happened? You still out there? :ohdear:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

Strap in, everybody, because 2010 Spidey is finally done with the setup and we can finally get this show on the road! :neckbeard:

Oh man was that all the way back in 2010? It seemed like only yesterday!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
As great as Clown 9 and Iron Jonah are, the Mole Man Saga is probably my favorite Newspaper Spiderman story.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
The mole man regrets! :smith:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Ye Olde Fok_It

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Okay, Geech still hasn't updated since Sunday. I'm going back to the earliest thing in the archives and post from there.

Also, the New Yorker has a nice article about Tove Jansson and the Moomins: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/books/2014/03/tove-jansson-moomin-creator-biography-review.html

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

tiistai posted:

Ye Olde Fok_It

I hear you, Fok_It.

Mark Trail makes the fatal error of expressing mild curiosity.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Some Guy TT posted:

That suplex :allears:

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Never understood why celebrities would expose their kids to the same level of obsessive media attention as themselves.

Retail

If we're playing the experience elitism game, Stuart would agree with strawman lady and he's been in retail longer than you Marla. But really this whole week has been awful all around. Like we've reached peak passive-aggressiveness.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I read that the other way around at first and thought Karl was suggesting they might have to bury Tink after Refurb is done with her.

Dustin

There's far worse financial decisions you can make. Like going to law school.

On the Fastrack

Wouldn't that stipulation apply to every major corporation in the US?

Safe Havens

Just rig up a webcam in the lab and tell them they have their own live feed web TV show.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

On the cheek? Sounds like you've got a pretty good married life then if he always makes sure to kiss you on the lips.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Julet Esqu posted:

Oh my God, please tell me this is going where I think it's going. :allears:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

I think you're giving Brooke too much credit. Miyamoto Musashi never fought in a river with a boat oar, the closest was when he whittled a wooden sword out of one before a duel on an island.

I'm giving him too much credit, but your counter-argument is that he got the facts wrong?

Julet Esqu posted:

One thing I like about Romero is that although you can tell he loves the cheesecake, he doesn't have a problem throwing in the occasional slice of beefcake to even things out. :)

Check out Modesty's expression in that post's last panel, too. Sexy bodies may be a specialty of his, but they're not all he knows, either.

tiistai posted:

Ye Olde Fok_It

Fok_It is rapidly catching up to Jim's Journal on my "Most Consistently Relatable Comic Strip" leaderboard. Maybe I really should go back to therapy after all... :smith:

HOLBROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Ghostlight posted:

That suplex :allears:

Every once in a while, I get the impression that Dharma's wife was quite a roughnecked customer in her younger days.

Midnight Moth posted:

There's far worse financial decisions you can make. Like getting a degree in Liberal Arts.

ftfy

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

Check those phones with the curly cords. I wonder if they're rotary.

I'll grant you that it's pretty unlikely that anyone would try to contact someone as young as Tommie is supposed to be on a landline these days, but don't all (non-cordless) landline phones have curly cords? I don't recall seeing one that didn't.

AxeManiac posted:

I remember I got that BC Game for my Tandy 1000 and my mom saw the box and said I wasn't allowed to call the one lady "Fat Broad" as it suggested in the manual. She would come out and hit you with a club and kill you, so we would always scream, "Watch out for That Lady" instead. BC was a weird comic.

Still is. And that character is still named Fat Broad, they just never use her name in the strip. Or the only other female character's, which is Cute Chick.

Some Guy TT posted:

drat Willy's looking manly there. Like a blond Rambo. Can we get him avatar sized?

Do people call Helen's show to be insulted? Is that the point of it?

Family Circus

Yes. Yes you are, Dolly.

Henry

Moose and Molly

Reply All

Slylock Fox

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Reading the B.C. character page is not a complete waste of time, it turns out.

I'm sure we can get some reaction panel mileage out of that.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Today's Fingerpori is utterly untranslateable and I'm busy so I'll probably post it later

Fok_It

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
Reply All

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Kammat posted:

Modesty Blaise

Tomorrow our friends will be having a few pointed words with Salamander and the Boote Brothers! :black101:

That little smile from Modesty in the last panel gets me. :3:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Henry's... teacher? Sent her child student a picture of herself? :raise:

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Julet Esqu posted:

Hold on, wasn't this also a real issue in the comics as well? I feel like I've seen a cover for this on superdickery or something.

Or was that Doc Ock?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Hold on, wasn't this also a real issue in the comics as well? I feel like I've seen a cover for this on superdickery or something.

Or was that Doc Ock?

Doc Ock nearly married May, without ever knowing that she was doting aunt to his ARCHNEMESIS!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Welp, maybe not "Ted", but we're certainly adding another sub-plot to the original story which is God knows where right now. I'm waiting for the Xzibit cameo... "Hey, we heard you like... " :v:

Non Sequitur

Oh, Wiley. :ughh:

Heavenly Nostrils is yesterday's. Man, Dana's having a rough time this week.

Kliban

I think I get it? But I'm not sure? :psyduck:

9 Chickweed Lane 3/7/2003

A nice sampling of BrookeMouths™. Accept no substitutes.

Zits

Ew, gross.

Kevin & Kell

Whatever.

Nemi

:)

It's strange the way Lise does eyes sometimes. I mean, just look at Ofelia. Either she's about to pass out, or has just regained consciousness after passing out. :v:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac is a modern day Sid Caesar.

The Creeps is a modern day Abbot and Costello.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Doc Ock nearly married May, without ever knowing that she was doting aunt to his ARCHNEMESIS!

And then, years later, when he downloaded his mind into Peter Parker's body, he tormented him with memories of them having sex.

I'm not making that up.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

At a hairdresser's:
- Would you clean up that hair from the floor?
- I planned to do it soon
- When are you getting that new chair?
- I've been planning to
- afjasdgfasgasd
- Speaking

First some copypaste from Wiktionary:
aikoa To plan to do, intend to do, aim to do; to be going to do, will do.

Aikoja therefore is "a person who plans to do". I'd say "a planner" but that's not quite the same. Aikoja is also the plural of aika, "a time" or (in this case) "an appointment".

The verb olla means (among other things) "to be, to exist". Onko? is its 3rd person singular question form, "Is?". The person on the phone asks Onko aikoja?, literally "Are there appointments?" which is obviously not the way you ask to make an appointment to a hairdresser in English but it works in Finnish. As it happens, Onko...? is also the way you ask "Is this...?", "Have I reached...?" on the phone.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 7, 2014

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Of course everything is just working out suddenly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Have you ever noticed that the country of Samoa shares its name with a well-known kind of Girl Scout cookie? What's up with that?

[canned laughter]

• Locked thread