Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
You people are ridiculous, are you even reading what your posting? Yes Bethesda put a ban on black people in Whiterun :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quift
May 11, 2012
Thanks. will finally get that right then.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Whiterun.

Blackguard.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Is there a tutorial on how to make faces? Every time I try to make my Nord yellman look intimidating he just comes out slightly uncanny valley looking

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man the general Skyrim thread is leaking over to the modding thread :v:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So what's the best weather mods? I'm not looking to get really crazy when it comes to graphics, but a bit more snow/rain would be nice. Problem being there's something like 7 on the Nexus.

Also Immersive Patrols claims to have Bandit/CW Patrols go take/garrison Forts around the countryside. Is this actually the case? Or is it just them clearing the Fort and wandering off. I'd love to have a neverending Civil War where I can just go wander around retaking Forts. Is it the Forts already claimable through the Civil War? Or the Forts that just happen to exist but nothing ever happens to them.

e: And what the gently caress is an ENB? Just a texture updater thing? Looking at Seasons of Skyrim because I want Skyrim to have Seasons, and the title builds some expectations. Instead it just seems to be a mod about making things prettier?

Rookersh fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 7, 2014

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Rookersh posted:

So what's the best weather mods? I'm not looking to get really crazy when it comes to graphics, but a bit more snow/rain would be nice. Problem being there's something like 7 on the Nexus.

Climates of Tamriel seems to be the go-to. Supreme Storms is also popular and can be used in conjunction with CoT. There are also several decent fog and overcast and snow mods, but I'd use CoT as a decent baseline.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I'm looking for a mod that adjusts weight to be more realistic/difficult. No more hundreds of potions and all that. While on potions, any mods that prevent you from just stopping combat to down a few?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Scyantific posted:

Bashed and Merged patches need to be kept separate from each other as well as SkyProc patches.

I usually load the merged patch before the bashed patch, mainly because my bashed patch contains the edits I made to the leveled lists.

Order should be
BOSS
Create a Merged Patch
Create a Bashed Patch
Run your SkyProc Patchers

Load Order should be
[Primary Mods]
[Merged Patch]
[Bashed Patch]
[SkyProc Patches]

Ugh, really? I thought it was this:

code:
Pre-requisites:
Install SKSE, Mod Organizer (MO), BOSS, TES5Edit, and Wrye Bash
Setup the last 3 as executabes in MO 

1. Launch everything through Mod Organizer. Seriously, everything.
2. Load mods into Mod Organizer
3. Select the mods you want to use
  -- SkyUI will complain about not seeing SKSE.  It will work fine anyway.
4. Run BOSS
  -- If any mods are unrecognized, add them manually to your BOSS list and re-run BOSS.
5. Use TES5Edit to clean mods marked as dirty by BOSS.
  --Some mods should remain dirty, and are indicated as such in their documentation.
  --Does anyone have a good list of common mods where this is true?
6. Organize the mods in the left-hand pane of Mod Organizer in the same priority as BOSS organized the ESPs and ESMs in the right-hand pane
7. Run Wrye Bash
8. Create Bashed Patch
9. Activate Bashed Patch
10. Run TES5Edit
11. Create Merged Patch, removing Levelled Lists)
12. Go into the Overwrite folder, and re-run Wrye Bash
13. Delete the contents of the Overwrite folder
14. Activate Merged Patch
15. Create various proccer patches (e.g. Automatic Variants)
  -- Ensure you run proccers from inside of MO
  -- Using SUM can help do this quickly and reliably
16. Activate various proccer patches
17. Run SKSE_Loader
18. Play Skyrim until you decide to play with mods some more
19. Install ENB
20. In case of savefile bloat, add an .ini file for skse and write ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Why are both bashed and merged patches necessary again?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

epitasis posted:

Why are both bashed and merged patches necessary again?

To prevent conflicting mods from messing up the game.

For instance, you have Mod A that alters Ulfric's appearance ingame. Mod B also alters Ulfric's appearance ingame as well. If Mod A is loaded after Mod B, then only the changes made by Mod A will take effect, and vice versa. A merged patch merges the changes made by both mods to prevent that from happening. Bashed patches work on the same principle, except that they can do a few other things besides merging changes together.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

OK, well using Wrye Bash now I've noticed that not all the mods have the suggested BASH tags from BOSS and some have additional ones. When should I tag something to bash NAMES or STATS? The Neovalen guide says to tag NAMES and STATS on stuff like Complete Crafting Overhaul.

Edit: I tried to split the difference, here are all the mods that I think include equipment if anybody has any recommended changes:
code:
=== Current Bash Tags:
[spoiler][xml]

* Skyrim.esm
    No tags
* Update.esm
  * From BOSS Masterlist and or userlist: Delev, Relev
  * Result: Delev, Relev

* Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
  * From Manual (if any this overrides Description/BOSS sourced tags): Delev, Relev
  * From Description: Delev, Names, Relev, Stats

* Dawnguard.esm

* Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
  * From Manual (if any this overrides Description/BOSS sourced tags): Delev, Relev
  * From Description: Delev, Relev, Stats

* HearthFires.esm
    No tags
* Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
    No tags
* Dragonborn.esm
    No tags
* Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
  * From Description: Delev
  * From BOSS Masterlist and or userlist: Delev
  * Result: Delev

* Falskaar.esm
    No tags
* Wyrmstooth.esp
    No tags
* Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
    No tags
* ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
    No tags
* Ket_ARMONIZER_v2.esm
    No tags
* Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
    No tags
* Lootification.esm
    No tags
* Omegared99-Compilation.esm
    No tags
* SPERG.esm
    No tags
* XFLMain.esm
    No tags

* Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
  * From Manual (if any this overrides Description/BOSS sourced tags): Delev, Names, Relev, Stats
  * Result: Delev, Names, Relev, Stats

* Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
  * From Manual (if any this overrides Description/BOSS sourced tags): Delev, Names, Relev, Stats

* Cutting Room Floor.esp
    No tags

* TradeBarter.esp

* Immersive Patrols Merged All.esp
  * From Manual (if any this overrides Description/BOSS sourced tags): Relev
  * Result: Relev

* Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
  * From Description: Delev, Relev

* Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp

* SPTDiverseGuardsSkyrim.esp
    No tags

* WetandCold.esp
    No tags
* WetandCold - Ashes.esp
    No tags
* WetandCold - Holidays.esp
    No tags

* Cloaks.esp
    No tags
* Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
    No tags
* 1nivWICCloaks.esp
  * From Description: Relev
  * From BOSS Masterlist and or userlist: Relev

* DreamBurrowsRegalAssassin.esp
    No tags
* Ghosu - Horker Weapon Pack.esp

* Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp

* WarmongerArmory_Vanilla.esp
    No tags
* WarmongerArmory_DLC.esp
    No tags
* WarmongerArmory_LeveledList.esp

* Immersive Weapons.esp

* imp_helm.esp
    No tags
* Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp
    No tags
* imp_helm_dawn.esp
    No tags
* imp_helm_imp.esp
    No tags
* imp_help_dbrn.esp
    No tags
* imp_guard_helm.esp
    No tags
* Ket_WEAPONIZER.esp

* Lore Weapon Expansion.esp

* Lore Weapon Expansion - Goldbrand.esp
    No tags
* Lore Weapon Expansion - Daedric Crescent.esp
    No tags
* NightingaleArrows.esp
    No tags
* Omegared99-WeaponSets.esp
    No tags
* Standard-15Percent.esp

* PrvtI_HeavyArmory.esp

* PrvtI_HeavyArmory_DG_Addon.esp

* Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp

* DeadlyDragons.esp

* OBIS.esp

* OBISDB.esp

* Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp
    No tags

* DiversePriests.esp
    No tags
* DiversePriests_BringOutYourDeadPatch.esp
    No tags

* ESFCompanions.esp
    No tags
* FalskaarDawnguard.esp
    No tags

* WeaponsArmorFixes_GuardDialogueOverhaul_Patch.esp
    No tags

* Ket_ARMONIZER_LListsNPC.esp
  * From BOSS Masterlist and or userlist: Delev
  * Result: Delev

* OMageStandalonePack.esp
    No tags

* dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
    No tags
* dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp
    No tags

* skyforgedWeapons.esp
    No tags
* aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp

* SPERG Immersive Armors.esp
    No tags

* CCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.esp

* Bashed Patch, 0.esp
    No tags[/xml][/spoiler]

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 7, 2014

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So does anyone know if there's a game reason why, when going for the jorgen windcaller horn, there's literally HUNDREDS OF loving DRAUGR in the caves? I kinda put off the neckbeards' summons till level 35 or so, so now I'm walking into that cave and facing 20-30 draugr wights/deathlords+all their summoned frost elementals at a time. I use a spawn mod, but it's set to about 1.3-1.5x spawns, and that works fine in every other place/dungeon in the game, but this place is just :stare: I get smashed by a literal horde of deathlords and their shouts the second I step foot in the caves.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Scyantific posted:

To prevent conflicting mods from messing up the game.

For instance, you have Mod A that alters Ulfric's appearance ingame. Mod B also alters Ulfric's appearance ingame as well. If Mod A is loaded after Mod B, then only the changes made by Mod A will take effect, and vice versa. A merged patch merges the changes made by both mods to prevent that from happening. Bashed patches work on the same principle, except that they can do a few other things besides merging changes together.
Well, in that case you'd probably want one mod or the other to take precedence anyway. A better example is if you have one mod that changes the stats of the steel sword, and another mod that changes the appearance with a new mesh or texture. If you want the new appearance *and* the new stats, you'll need a merged patch.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Naturally Selected posted:

So does anyone know if there's a game reason why, when going for the jorgen windcaller horn, there's literally HUNDREDS OF loving DRAUGR in the caves? I kinda put off the neckbeards' summons till level 35 or so, so now I'm walking into that cave and facing 20-30 draugr wights/deathlords+all their summoned frost elementals at a time. I use a spawn mod, but it's set to about 1.3-1.5x spawns, and that works fine in every other place/dungeon in the game, but this place is just :stare: I get smashed by a literal horde of deathlords and their shouts the second I step foot in the caves.

Seriously, though, are you using any of the Populated series of mods. Combined with ASIS, they can cause stuff like that.

Try turning the ASIS options to 0, going somewhere else inside, and advancing the clock 30 days to see if that helps.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Last time I posted it was because of this little problem I had:

I pretty much figured out it was because of the Mesh Improvement Mod. However, I've tried completely removing the mod and every single save file and starting a brand new save file. Yet, the problem still remains. Entire parts of indoors of every dungeon and building flicker in and out of existence as I pan my camera around.

I don't think I can fix it at this point. I have a backup of Skyrim, but I'm not quite sure how to get it to work. It is a backup from before I upgraded from W7 to W8.1 and with my luck I'm pretty sure the problem would still persist. (And, quite embarrassingly, I don't know how to confidently move the backup in place to where Steam will see and accept it)

At this point I'd kill just to have vanilla skyrim just to play.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

Seriously, though, are you using any of the Populated series of mods. Combined with ASIS, they can cause stuff like that.

Try turning the ASIS options to 0, going somewhere else inside, and advancing the clock 30 days to see if that helps.

Ok this made me bust out laughing, and is very accurate to what I've experienced. Not using populated, using Skyrim More Spawns instead of ASIS. I also had the rifle/grenade launcher mod installed though, so I ran back to the house, made a fuckload of rifle grenades and went back in covered in explosions. I know it's lore unfriendly etc etc, but the flintlock mod is awesome for situations like that. "Nope, gently caress YOU, eat grenades." Also because somehow skyrim doesn't have exploding potions.

Reminds me, anyone know of a mod that lets you reverse-pickpocket explosive/posionous/otherwise harmful stuff on people Fallout-style?

Ularg posted:

I don't think I can fix it at this point. I have a backup of Skyrim, but I'm not quite sure how to get it to work. It is a backup from before I upgraded from W7 to W8.1 and with my luck I'm pretty sure the problem would still persist. (And, quite embarrassingly, I don't know how to confidently move the backup in place to where Steam will see and accept it)

At this point I'd kill just to have vanilla skyrim just to play.

If you want vanilla, just delete local content then delete the Skyrim folder in steam. Then just let it re-download and you're all set. No need to gently caress with backups/uninstalls/whatever.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51842/

The guy behind Skyforge Shields, Skyforge Weapons, and Dragonbone Ebonsteel Armor has released a new weapon mod. Looks cool.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

So my current playthrough is using the better bard mod with a bunch of trainwiz' stuff so I could have crazy dwemer adventures and sing in inns and use gadgets with the dwemerverse dwemer gadget mod. Everything has been going great.

Then I did this. Which was good.

But now I have a couple dozen aetherrifles and a spaceship and I'm just kind of left feeling, "drat take me to the 7th era killing bandits with SPACE MAGIC crossbows is just not doing it anymore for me". Trying to decide to keep pushing on or to do something else.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rabhadh posted:

I'm looking for a mod that adjusts weight to be more realistic/difficult. No more hundreds of potions and all that. While on potions, any mods that prevent you from just stopping combat to down a few?

There are much simpler ways of doing this but I love using Capacity* and Encumbrance, and Functional Bags. Capacity lowers your carryweight limit to be more realistic and treats armor and weapons in your inventory differently depending on whether you have them equipped or not, simulating worn gear vs. stowed gear. Functional bags lets you craft wearable item-type-dedicated satchels and bags (one for potions, one for ore and so on), with items stored in them counting against your carryweight a little less when you have that container equipped. You open the containers by hotkey and, in the case of potions, can then use them or transfer them to your regular inventory. When you use them from the bag interface it makes you put your weapon away, so using potions is more strategic and risky. There are wearable bag mods too but they just provide a straight carryweight buff.

Between the two my carryweight ends up being around 150, but it fluctuates based on injury and needs mods and how many satchels I bothered to craft and equip. Capacity takes a little getting used to because it recalculates every time you equip or unequip something and may leave you momentarily encumbered, and when you're really loaded down you have to equip your heaviest weapon just to be able to walk. (And there's something hinky going on with a new wood elf character I rolled last night, where her starting capacity is in the 20 range and keeps getting recalculated lower and lower even when I drop things from my inventory. That definitely shouldn't happen and hopefully is just a fluke. I'll re-roll tonight and see if it duplicates.)

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Did USKP 2.0.3 break the Storm Call shout for anyone else? It seems to add a check for whether an object's 3D is loaded, before casting the lightning strike. Problem is, the thing it's checking is just sort of a stub object, and doesn't have any 3D, so the check returns false and the spell is never cast, the lightning never strikes. It's all flash and thunder, but no substance. There's some kind of irony there, I think.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Kilroy posted:

Did USKP 2.0.3 break the Storm Call shout for anyone else? It seems to add a check for whether an object's 3D is loaded, before casting the lightning strike. Problem is, the thing it's checking is just sort of a stub object, and doesn't have any 3D, so the check returns false and the spell is never cast, the lightning never strikes. It's all flash and thunder, but no substance. There's some kind of irony there, I think.

No clue, but I'm curious why they would do this? Storm Call seemed to work fine, with the exception of hitting everyone including neutrals and allies.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Alasyre posted:

No clue, but I'm curious why they would do this? Storm Call seemed to work fine, with the exception of hitting everyone including neutrals and allies.
It's meant to do that, and their fix wouldn't have changed it even if it worked. (Although, I guess it does change it after all, since it doesn't hit anything now.)

The reason they are doing it is that they have decided that any errors in the Papyrus logs warrant a bug fix, even if they have absolutely no impact on the game at all. Apparently, under some rare conditions using Storm Call can generate errors in the papyrus logs. Like, if you use it in Sovngarde, I guess. So they are going to muck with the code.

I guess it hasn't occurred to them that the papyrus logging itself, might have some issues of its own. Like, logging as an error something that is more of a warning, or not even that.

Anyway, if someone wants to yell at Arthmoor, now you have a reason. I don't bother with it anymore after the last thing.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Neato. Seems like an odd design choice (fixing bugs that don't hurt the game), but I suppose there's merit in the idea. Regarding Storm Call hitting everything, I know it's supposed to do that, but it just pisses me off. I want to walk around in a thunderstorm without accruing bounties for killing chickens.

In a slightly related note, I mentioned the USKP and the Unofficial DLC patches to a co-worker, and he informed me that they were unnecessary because Bethesda fixed every single bug in the last official patch. This is such a detached opinion that I had nothing to say. Didn't the last official patch actually break some things, like lip sync?

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I don't know if this is a bug with the base game or with SPERG, but I figured I should relate it. I just killed three bandits that were walking away from me (after a little hide-and-seek). I have the x15 daggers / x3 bow SPERG perk, and the Dark Brotherhood gloves. I killed the closest two with the dagger for normal x30 sneak attack damage. The third one was further away so I immediately swapped to my bow and shot him... for x150 sneak attack damage.

This doesn't replicate under normal use (i.e. stabbing some dudes, shooting some other dudes a little later) conditions, and I haven't been in a situation since where I'm in a position to shiv someone and then immediately shoot someone else.

v v v Ah! That makes sense. Thanks.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 7, 2014

Perfect World
Jan 16, 2009

One of the archery perks gives you a 10% chance of doing 'lethal' damage if you attack from outside of combat. I think the 150x modifier is the guaranteed lethal part.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Alasyre posted:

Neato. Seems like an odd design choice (fixing bugs that don't hurt the game), but I suppose there's merit in the idea. Regarding Storm Call hitting everything, I know it's supposed to do that, but it just pisses me off. I want to walk around in a thunderstorm without accruing bounties for killing chickens.

In a slightly related note, I mentioned the USKP and the Unofficial DLC patches to a co-worker, and he informed me that they were unnecessary because Bethesda fixed every single bug in the last official patch. This is such a detached opinion that I had nothing to say. Didn't the last official patch actually break some things, like lip sync?

Point him to the Ancient Knowledge perk (still broken!) or just the UESP wikis list of bugs fixed by the unofficial patch.

Or just laugh in his dumb face.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alasyre posted:

Your coworker is an idiot.

Mod Talk:

Check out Common Clothes. This mod adds a ton of new clothing options.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Was there a mod that removed the mining animation? I seem to remember it but cannot find it, please help!

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Just whack the ore deposit with your pick, you dumbo.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

:doh: Of course! I forgot!

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Alasyre posted:

Yeah, you're not alone. In fact, I adjusted Storm Call so it didn't do that. I hadn't released it, but now I have:

A Kinder, Gentler Storm Call

quote:

Storm Call, the best shout, murders indiscriminately. So you can't use it around allies, you definitely can't use it in towns, and in fact personally I tend to hesitate to use it at all, since you never know when some idiot NPC (i.e. chicken) will be lurking around the corner waiting to report a crime or break a quest.

So, I made this mod, which changes Storm Call so that it will only strike NPCs that are already hostile. It will even stop striking enemies if they turn non-hostile (e.g. a guard you just yielded to). You can even cast it in the middle of town and all you'll get is rain - until you attack someone! Then you will get lightning.

Admittedly, this makes the shout a little bit less awesome, but it also makes it safer to use, which is pretty good too.
...and, it overrides the change in the USKP which was breaking the shout before (for me, at least).

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I can't figure out why Lootification is giving me patching errors. I get a "nullpointerexception" error at the end of the patching process. I ran wyre bash and the only nongreen boxes are Sperg and Warmongerer due to "masters have been reordered." Only thing that's moved anything lately is BOSS.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Mustang posted:

I can't figure out why Lootification is giving me patching errors. I get a "nullpointerexception" error at the end of the patching process. I ran wyre bash and the only nongreen boxes are Sperg and Warmongerer due to "masters have been reordered." Only thing that's moved anything lately is BOSS.

Check the log it spits out (can't remember where it is) and it should tell you what mod is causing trouble. Some mods can mess up Lootification for some reason. (usually because the mod is a mess or not well structured and whatnot I find)

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Kilroy posted:

Well, in that case you'd probably want one mod or the other to take precedence anyway. A better example is if you have one mod that changes the stats of the steel sword, and another mod that changes the appearance with a new mesh or texture. If you want the new appearance *and* the new stats, you'll need a merged patch.

Why are the appearance textures and meshes and the sword's stats not separate files? I don't see why there would be stats buried in a texture somewhere...

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kilroy, I posted your problem with Storm Call over on the USKP Nexus thread, and surprisingly enough, Arthmoor responded in a normal manner (not "Arthmoor" normal, but normal normal).

Arthmoor posted:

Law of unintended consequences. The 3D check fixes the issues the script has in Sovngarde with bad remote casting points, but we didn't notice it's also the same one run by the Storm Call shout. The shout still works though, which is odd, though you are right that it has less lightning strikes than normal. The script edit will be removed for our next update.

The invisible activators the effect is using DO have 3D though, otherwise the check could never return true. Begs the question though of why the RemoteCast function cries about the caster not being in a loaded cell if that doesn't actually matter.

So basically, they were trying to fix a problem with the script that was messing things up in Sovngarde, but they didn't notice that Storm Call also used the same script. So, it comes down to a case of :bethesda:.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I'm using ENB and it works great but sometimes in the interiors the walls and other parts are transparent for no real reason. Searches say it might be due to floatingpointrender target but I have that set correctly.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Your coworker is an idiot.

You don't know the half of it. Ugh. How hard is it to read a change log?

Kilroy posted:

Yeah, you're not alone. In fact, I adjusted Storm Call so it didn't do that. I hadn't released it, but now I have:

A Kinder, Gentler Storm Call

...and, it overrides the change in the USKP which was breaking the shout before (for me, at least).

Thanks for this; your mods are always great. Actually I used your Flora Respawn Fix as an example of what bugs Bethesda left behind when talking to my dumb coworker.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Mustang posted:

Do you have a tesedit merged patch or just a bashed patch? Without a bashed patch lootification will often fail on even moderately modded setups.

Lootification writes a number of logs into /data/skyproc patchers/lli/skyProcDebug/ lli_crash.txt will have details about the most common ones that I added checks for. If that's clear open =--Debug Overview--=.txt and scroll to the bottom and see if it has anything you can make sense of. If that's no help open your whole load order in tesedit and when its done loading right click in an empty part of the left panel and choose check for errors. If you get any in non-official files there is a decent chance that's the problem.

If you can't figure out what's up pastebin your debug overview and link it in the lootification comments on the nexus and I'll see if I can see whats up.

Luceo posted:

Why are the appearance textures and meshes and the sword's stats not separate files? I don't see why there would be stats buried in a texture somewhere...

The game has to know what texture to use. That info is in the data files. Some textures and meshes are shared between items so simply overwriting it would change all of them and a modder doesn't want that so they edit the esp to have some use a different texture/mesh. I have a wall o' text on the nexus that I think does a pretty good job explaining things since it comes up a lot.

An awesome thing on that front is wrye bash has a bunch of new coders who look like they are making serious progress on getting bashed patches working and lots of other improvements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
I'm having a problem with NMM. Skyrim still loads fine, but I felt like playing some Fallout 3 today and found out that NMM won't load for it. It freezes on startup while the "n" in "nexus" is half full.

I do have an idea what might be causing this: I had been keeping FO3 and its mods on an external hard drive which recently died. I reinstalled it to a new drive, and NMM recognizes it there when I have it scan my games, but it won't load. My guess is that it's still looking for FO3 in its old location or something, but I don't know how to fix it.

• Locked thread