Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009
The Falcons want to get two actual starters out of this draft instead of "depth" (plus these mocks never make it all the way through).

edit: Pick is in. I know it was a lot of picks, but the falcons have serious issues with the OL and DL and I wanted to get two solid guys that can start to take care of that issue. They have a ton of money to spend in free agency, so that played into it as well.

dont hate the playa fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Zypher posted:

Falcons receive:

Rams receive:
2nd (#37), 3rd (#68), 4th (#99), and a 5th

Ah, the Tim Tebow trade model.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kony is a good pick

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
drat, I was hoping Ealy would fall to the Cowboys pick. He was who I was debating on before trading down.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I offered #24 for a second, third, and fourth and he wouldn't take it :argh:.

If any Bengals fans want to PM me suggestions I am open to it. Or if anyone from the top of the second wants to give me picks.

...I also wanted Kony :negative:

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

What a haul. Zypher wins the draft.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Eagles pick is in.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Disillusionist posted:

drat, I was hoping Ealy would fall to the Cowboys pick. He was who I was debating on before trading down.

Yep Ealy is the guy I would've wanted them to take there as well :clint::hf::clint:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Rasczak posted:

I guess stick me in the OP in place of Sataere for the Bears, I assume I'm still doing it due to this post

It is done.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I know the Eagles are gonna try to pick up at least one safety in free agency, and I was vacillating on whether or not I should take that into account and draft a linebacker instead, but I like Pryor more than someone like Ryan Shazier.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Yeah Pryor was going to be my pick if I didn't make the trade

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Hey PB, wanna trade down?

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

drat I was thinking about trading up for Pryor if he fell to the 2nd round :v:

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007
poo poo, all my targets are gone. Time to start drafting special teams guys.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ladouceur's not getting any younger you know

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Awful lot of people here wanting to trade up for a replacement level safety that only head hunts.

Who has Taylor Mays? I heard there's a market for him now.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
He's a free agent.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Pryor has a reputation as a headhunter, but he has way better hips (:allears:) than Taylor Mays and actually showed decent ball skills.

The thing that made me sour on him was when he measured three inches shorter than his listed height at the combine, but I wouldn't really have wanted him until the mid-2nd, so I guess I do agree somewhat.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Claw Massage posted:

The Falcons want to get two actual starters out of this draft instead of "depth" (plus these mocks never make it all the way through).

edit: Pick is in. I know it was a lot of picks, but the falcons have serious issues with the OL and DL and I wanted to get two solid guys that can start to take care of that issue. They have a ton of money to spend in free agency, so that played into it as well.

You realize this attitude is precisely why the Falcons bombed last year, right? You're doing a great impersonation of the real Falcons GM. Kudos

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Pryor isn't ideal but it's a position of need and the safety depth kinda sucks

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

You realize this attitude is precisely why the Falcons bombed last year, right? You're doing a great impersonation of the real Falcons GM. Kudos

He's got a point that this will all peter out somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round, so 'winning' the draft means getting higher picks in just so you have picks in. What's the farthest a TFF Mock has made it out of curiosity?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Grittybeard posted:

He's got a point that this will all peter out somewhere in the 2nd or 3rd round, so 'winning' the draft means getting higher picks in just so you have picks in. What's the farthest a TFF Mock has made it out of curiosity?

First year we got out of the third round despite having to restart the draft. I picked Ali Highsmith both times and he went undrafted :x

dont hate the playa
May 12, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Ha , I thought that was the point. I guess I'm succeeding.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Grittybeard posted:

Not disagreeing with that, I just found it hilarious that he's doing exactly what the Falcons GM likes to do which creates depth issues for the team.

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

Doltos posted:

First year we got out of the third round despite having to restart the draft. I picked Ali Highsmith both times and he went undrafted :x

That doesn't bode well for the podcast...

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Rasczak posted:

Pryor isn't ideal but it's a position of need and the safety depth kinda sucks

Yeah, the safety depth is why I pounced on Clinton-Dix when Evans, Gilbert, and Dennard all came off the board and there weren't any other first round targets I felt really strongly about.

On the one hand, Robinson and Ealy is a great first round haul for the Falcons. On the other, that team is old and has a lot of holes and if I were a fan I would be worried about coming away from the draft with just two guys.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
My pick is incoming, although, I have to let you know that it was totally going to be Ealy and I was going to put an image of Joesph Kony in the post.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Disillusionist posted:

That doesn't bode well for the podcast...

I was in love with him because of his name and ignored his terrible 40 time.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
There! Bengals are on the clock. See you guys in like fifty picks.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The Niners might be interested in moving up again from 56 to earlier in the second, for the record.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

:smug:

I remember our little tiff back then over it. Funny how times change.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grozz Nuy posted:

The Niners might be interested in moving up again from 56 to earlier in the second, for the record.

33 might be on the block, depends on what's available there. I'll let you know, if you're interested in moving up that far

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Parmesan Basil posted:

There! Bengals are on the clock. See you guys in like fifty picks.

Whelp there goes my steal of the second round.

AAA DOLFAN posted:

:smug:

I remember our little tiff back then over it. Funny how times change.

Our fights were by and far the dumbest fights on these forums.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

Whelp there goes my steal of the second round.

Our fights were by and far the dumbest fights on these forums.

Without a doubt.

...wanna go crush cray puss?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Intruder posted:

33 might be on the block, depends on what's available there. I'll let you know, if you're interested in moving up that far

Probably can't give you fair value for that pick, tbh, but if there's one specific player that's still around then I'll think about it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Cheifs should have picked O'dell Beckham Jr. if only to cheer for ODB.

Baltimore might be willing to trade back with the 49ers.

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
Saints could be persuaded into trading back with the right offer.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Thank you Jesus/Intruder for putting the team representative's in the OP of the other thread.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The San Diego Chargers are on the clock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I love the way Verrett plays but he's just so small and then you add in the shoulder issue and I was really concerned about taking him in the first.

• Locked thread