Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Holy crap I found a DVD that has At Your Fingertips: Play Clay on it and bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Holy crap I found a DVD that has At Your Fingertips: Play Clay on it and bought it.

This might be the greatest thing

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Now you must hold it ransom for a billion Riffbux. Make sure to send them a letter made entirely out of cut and pasted letters from a magazine.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
I wonder how difficult it would be for them to get Sword of the Valiant as a VOD. It's one of my favorite bits of 80's Golan Globus cheese, starring "How much Keefe is in this?" Miles O'Keefe and Sean Connery. I'm also pretty sure there's only one track on the soundtrack, they just play it as needed in the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9If7hE3evy0

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Good lord! Well it goes without saying that we'd love to do that, maybe at a live show this year? Let me know how it is (and then send it to me!)

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Would this DVD be "Children's Theatre Volume 5"?
http://www.amazon.com/Childrens-The...27s+theatre+vol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CrimsonAuthor posted:

It is indeed. My major worry is that it'll be a lovely transfer and full of compression artifacts and bad sound so I wanted to see it myself before getting anyone's hopes up.

If it's decent quality I'll pass it on to Rifftrax.

HypnoCabbage
Oct 26, 2007
Cheap as hell since 1971.
On the Blocks front, apparently the library at Citrus College in Glendora near LA has a 16mm copy, but I can't find it in their catalog either, so it might be an error or they just threw it out. Might be worth a phone call if anyone is heading up that way.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree
ALL-PRO SEXMAN, we ordered one up as well. Here's hoping the quality is decent, and that there's no watermark on it... If it's reasonably watchable, I'm sure it'll be integrated into one of our live shows this year. Thanks for the tip! I look for them every so often but hadn't in a while. If anyone else ever turns up the others, please let us know, that series, and ACI shorts in general, are some of our all time favs.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
One quick google search for "At Your Fingertips: Sugar and Spice" turns up mainly a couple of public showings that Oddball Film+Video (based in San Francisco) did of it. Apparently they license out stock footage and have all kinds of stuff in archival quality if libraries won't let you make copies. Could be worth a call.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ghostpilot posted:

Having just seen Treasure of the Amazon, I feel confident in saying that nobody involved was paid enough to be in that movie. That had to have been the most thoroughly unpleasant shoot since the Conqueror.

I stopped watching after the 3 or 4 seconds long scene of a guy digging in his rear end.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

CrimsonAuthor posted:

One quick google search for "At Your Fingertips: Sugar and Spice" turns up mainly a couple of public showings that Oddball Film+Video (based in San Francisco) did of it. Apparently they license out stock footage and have all kinds of stuff in archival quality if libraries won't let you make copies. Could be worth a call.

Looks like they had last done that show in 2008. But yes, worth putting a call into, thanks for the tip.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New Short:
This is Hormel
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/is-hormel

quote:

This Is Hormel is a short in the grand tradition of David and Hazel and Setting Up A Room, where you look at the time remaining on your media player and think “Clearly that has to be a mistake.” But no! It’s a half hour long Hormel infomercial masquerading as an educational short that must be seen to be believed!

In theory, this short is about Brad and Greg, two boys who while apparently attempting to set a world record for boredom on summer vacation, write a letter to the Hormel factory asking if they can take a tour. To their surprise, they do not receive a letter back asking “What the hell is wrong with you, go play outside!” but instead an invitation to serve as a thinly veiled framing device for a solid half hour of meat footage.

And oh, the meat footage...You’ll witness the creation of a mysterious substance known as “ingredient meat.” You’ll visit the hide cellar, a place that makes Gary, Indiana look like Disneyland combined with the beaches of Maui. And you’ll witness the creation of Spam, a substance that evidently is at times purchased unironically.

It’s a meatfest of the highest order, and we feel like even Upton Sinclair himself would begrudgingly approve. Just don’t touch any machines operated by guys with less than four fingers. Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for This Is Hormel!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Everyone needs to buy this.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

I got an email about this, but just dismissed it as spam.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Canned Panda posted:

Everyone needs to buy this.

I did and I'm still thinking about that tail. :stonk:

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I got an email about this, but just dismissed it as spam.
:golfclap:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Guys I... I... I don't think I want to go to Bovine University anymore. :ohdear:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

The Ape of Naples posted:

Don't forget the gelatin!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

The Ape of Naples posted:

:golfclap:

It's off to the hide cellar for you.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Thank you for this informative short about the batchmaster picnic boning the wieners before they go to the anal ray.

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

rereedrumr posted:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN, we ordered one up as well. Here's hoping the quality is decent, and that there's no watermark on it... If it's reasonably watchable, I'm sure it'll be integrated into one of our live shows this year. Thanks for the tip! I look for them every so often but hadn't in a while. If anyone else ever turns up the others, please let us know, that series, and ACI shorts in general, are some of our all time favs.

No watermarks. Looks watchable enough to me. It's an obvious VHS transfer but you could try cropping out the tracking lines.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 1, 2014

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
The Fleshing Machine :stare:

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

THE HORRIBLE TAIL!!!

Marking this :nms:http://i.imgur.com/kyMypQm.gif:nms: even though it's from the short

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 2, 2014

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Canned Panda posted:

THE HORRIBLE TAIL!!!

Marking this :nms:http://i.imgur.com/kyMypQm.gif:nms: even though it's from the short

If there's one thing to turn me vegan, it's that gif. I'm gonna have so e nightmares tonight for sure

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
At last I've discovered my purpose in life. I want to be either a batchmaster or a picnic boner.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

CrimsonAuthor posted:

I just ordered this too. Not bad for less than $4.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

CrimsonAuthor posted:

No watermarks. Looks watchable enough to me. It's an obvious VHS transfer but you could try cropping out the tracking lines.

Good to hear! Hopefully we can use it in a live show this year!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Wiener storm!

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
I've found all 5 At Your Fingertips shorts on one VHS.

e: There's only 2 left though. I want to give RiffTrax the first shot so I emailed them.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Mar 3, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This is pretty hilarious for fans of True Detective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd6nx-KnTwo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I'm still confused by the fact that someone got paid real money to produce Perc! Pop! Sprinkle! and it was a real film shown in real schools.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

muscles like this? posted:

This is pretty hilarious for fans of True Detective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd6nx-KnTwo

"No, I will NOT light this guy on fire!"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Luigi Thirty posted:

I'm still confused by the fact that someone got paid real money to produce Perc! Pop! Sprinkle! and it was a real film shown in real schools.

But how else would children learn to do the Zoidberg?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I seriously hope they can use At Your Fingertips: Play Clay in a live show, because

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

A Cerberus with 2 of the heads missing?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Canned Panda posted:

I seriously hope they can use At Your Fingertips: Play Clay in a live show, because

WHAT AM I? :cry:

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
A new VOD!

Cyborg Cop 2, which has a great-looking preview.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ixnay posted:

A new VOD!

Watching the riff preview really makes me wonder what Cyborg Cop 1 is like.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ixnay posted:

A new VOD!

Just watched it. It's wonderful--even paced pretty well which is great for a good-bad movie. The riff itself was marvelous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Finally watched the Hormel short, aka scenes deleted from Georges Franju's "Blood of the Beasts". What was the thought process in making that? I'd think anyone in any position of power at Hormel would be smart enough to know that showing the actual process that goes into making meat goods would be horrifyingly gruesome and disturbing to the average viewer. Nowadays we've all seen stomach-turning images of slaughterhouses and factory farming, but this short was made all the way back in the 60s, when the only way you'd actually see images like that would be if you worked at one of those plants. The whole thing is just mind-boggling, and the narrator's friendly tone and the upbeat music only make it more unsettling.

• Locked thread