Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Captain Oblivious posted:

Please Cuco

Please call her on it if she tries
I think it's much more likely to Almond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Pffft, and you idiots kept saying "guuuys its obviously the nightmare kniiiight" :rolleyes:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Blackheart posted:

Pffft, and you idiots kept saying "guuuys its obviously the nightmare kniiiight" :rolleyes:

I'm not pinning the entire setup on DO anymore but she is almost certainly in on it and she is in the business of not allowing anyone else to be.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm not pinning the entire setup on DO anymore but she is almost certainly in on it and she is in the business of not allowing anyone else to be.

Yeah, she seems way too incompetent to be an evil mastermind. But she's definitely involved some how.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Leper Colon V posted:

I think it's much more likely to Almond.

Almond probably wouldn't say boo, she's way too invested in the story going the same way it's gone the last 99 times.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, she seems way too incompetent to be an evil mastermind. But she's definitely involved some how.

She's still an asshat, though.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just throwing this out there, what if she and Nightmare Knight are an item?

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I finished that Noisemaster thing. Turned out pretty well, I think.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I finished that Noisemaster thing. Turned out pretty well, I think.
Is the serene piano at the start supposed to represent the uninvaded Melody Kingdom? It's a nice touch.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Blackheart posted:

You realize the author comment is being facetious right

Which is to say, it's not her color, and she's not responsible for the shield

Purple is NKs color

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It was a (bad) joke :smith:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Is this one of those things were the periodic dance between the Hero/Dream Oracle and Nightmare Knight is necessary to keep the world from falling apart?

Like if the Hero's Journey doesn't get done, the Divine Audience is gonna get bored and the universe will be cancelled.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Is the serene piano at the start supposed to represent the uninvaded Melody Kingdom? It's a nice touch.

Yeah, and it returns to that at the end, but more uneasy.

The sound near the middle is supposed to be the Noise Blaster, but maybe I should have added some sorta other sound for Noisemaster's face shattering. Oh well.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

IMJack posted:

Is this one of those things were the periodic dance between the Hero/Dream Oracle and Nightmare Knight is necessary to keep the world from falling apart?

Like if the Hero's Journey doesn't get done, the Divine Audience is gonna get bored and the universe will be cancelled.

I like that theory even better!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

IMJack posted:

So, what you're saying is that Cucumber Quest is the SMRPG version of Cabin in the Woods?

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

Blackheart posted:

It was a (bad) joke :smith:

He's Captain Oblivious, that's his gimmick.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
That eye of hers is kinda creeping me out.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

That eye gives her an absolutely terrible poker face.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Lookin' a little ominous there in the last panel, Your Dreamship.

(Coincidentally, "Dreamship" is also the correct title for an extremely hunky man.)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The hair is actually an alien parasite controlling her which is what caused this whole mess in the first place.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Wow, Cucumber actually looks pissed for once. I wonder if he's gonna blow up or just grind his teeth.

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 10, 2014

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

kurona_bright posted:

Wow, Cucumber actually looks pissed for once. I wonder if he's gonna blow up or just grind his teeth.

That wimp? Take a wild guess!!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SexyBlindfold posted:

That wimp? Take a wild guess!!
Honestly he's overdue to go "spider-man no more!" and him doing so might play into the "loop must go on!" theme so...

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

ConanThe3rd posted:

Honestly he's overdue to go "spider-man no more!" and him doing so might play into the "loop must go on!" theme so...

Bonus points if he destroys the Dream Sword.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Guys, Gigi replied to my e-mail! :aaaaa:

Subject: I love CuQu

quote:

quote:

And you're wonderful. Loved your work since the hiimdaisy days. I've gotta ask, though.

Is Saturday's real name Sundae? Because that'd be absolutely amazing.
Thank you very much! I can't reveal Saturday's name, but it might be coming up (relatively) soon in the story.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the comic!

I responded with something like that I had total faith that I would. It's just... how do some of these webcomic creators end up being super-talented, and still really cool people? I can't imagine how sick and loving tired I'd get of other human beings if I was a famous woman on the internet (and thus a potential target for every creepy gently caress there is).

Shame she didn't answer about Saturday, though. :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Guys, Gigi replied to my e-mail! :aaaaa:

Subject: I love CuQu

I responded with something like that I had total faith that I would. It's just... how do some of these webcomic creators end up being super-talented, and still really cool people? I can't imagine how sick and loving tired I'd get of other human beings if I was a famous woman on the internet (and thus a potential target for every creepy gently caress there is).

Shame she didn't answer about Saturday, though. :v:

She was pretty nice when I briefly talked to her at TCAF last year.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Thing about people who make stuff is they're just people and there's no reason to act like they're some kind of weird artistic god and shove them up on a pedestal.

When I went to SPX last year I just had nice chats with a ton of comic creators and told them I appreciated their work and sometimes bought things from them if I had the money for it (I usually did not :()

I think the worst thing you can do is act like some sort of awkward worshiper of their amazing talent, it makes you come off as kind of creepy.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
That is true, but in GGDG's particular case I'm pretty sure her amazing coloring skills somehow give her a heightened perception of reality.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just remember a lot of bile flying her way when she was hiimdaisy, and was expecting that to kind of sour her on internet strangers.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
Really? What the hell for? Pointing out that Metal Gear Solid is kinda silly and sexist?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I've heard some people were harassing her about continuing the Persona fan comics (which she had stopped making in order to create Cucumber Quest instead).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, she definitely got harassed about the Persona comics. They were really, really good, but not deserving of actually harassing the creator, that's a sure-fire way to sour them on ever making more.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Plus she's a talented lady and people tend to get superweird about women being talented artists/writers/whatever (see: Kate Beaton)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

So I think Cucumber's on the fast-track to cynicism.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

IMJack posted:

Yeah, either that or NK serves as a supervillian for the purpose of keeping the kingdoms unified against a common threat. Either way, Cuco seems increasingly motivated to cut through red tape and break the game.

snucks fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Mar 12, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I can't be the only one who thought of this.

Yes I have an unhealthy obsession with The Protomen, how did you know?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

I can't be the only one who thought of this.

Yes I have an unhealthy obsession with The Protomen, how did you know?

Now I hope this leads to Cucumber flipping the Dream Oracle the finger and running off with the Nightmare Knight.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

snucks posted:

Yeah, either that or NK serves as a supervillian for the purpose of keeping the kingdoms unified against a common threat. Either way, Cuco seems increasingly motivated to cut through red tape and break the game.

This is what I want to see more than anything. Cuco's well meaning hesitation fade into exasperated resolve to break the rules because this game is stupid :black101:

He looks pretty unimpressed to say the least in that second to last shot.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
All my Kickstarter goodies for supporting Book Two came in the mail today, and I wanted to share the painting of Peridot I received:

Peridot in jams is the best. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my gosh.