Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Jesus, I thought the dog 'dialog' made it seem pretty hackneyed and overbearing, but I still got a lump in my throat. I did like the use of the multi-time narrative, though. It definitely helped set up the proper sense of stake and loss.
I love my dog, I'd never want her to get hurt. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

How many issues is Afterlife with Archie supposed to run? I assumed it was limited, but the covers don't say '_ of _'. I want it in trade, soonish!

Drifter posted:

I love my dog, I'd never want her to get hurt. :ohdear:

Touching and Inspiring Dog Page :)

Action Comics #13

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Okay, so I got a lump in my throat at those Archie panels, my eyes misted slightly at the Superman panels. Someone go ahead and just post something from We3 so I can just cut the bullshit and get my sob on.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

10 Beers posted:

Jesus Christ, why did I read this before work?

Could be worse, I read it AT work.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Comfortador posted:

Could be worse, I read it AT work.
Could be worse, I read it to my boss.

WHO'S A DOG.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Beasts of Burden 2

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Are those dogs being sucked into the sky? Dropped onto the ground? Why?

I know I'll regret these questions because it's Beasts of Burden and thus pretty much designed to make me cry, but I still just need to know because I apparently don't know any better.

e: For content, here's a conversation that's been a long time coming between Wolverine and Cyclops from Wolverine and the X-Men #40 after they've gotten done destroying a bunch of Sentinels in a SHIELD base.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TwoPair posted:

Are those dogs being sucked into the sky? Dropped onto the ground? Why?
They're underwater. And floating.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ahhh god I knew I shouldn't have asked! WHY :negative:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

The backup for Action Comics #13 was even better (worse?) for this:

Kull the Conqueror posted:

The whole drat comic, especially the ending of the first story, was classic Krypto stuff. But here's the backup. Action #13. In case you didn't know, Krypto wound up in the Phantom Zone before Krypton's destruction.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Ahhh god I knew I shouldn't have asked! WHY :negative:

The story involves a mother looking for her puppies and goes to the group. It is revealed that the puppies were all killed by a kid, and the mother kills the kid. That page is the mother finding peace.

There is also this gut wrenching one
The Dark Horse Book of Monsters

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Mar 7, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

e: For content, here's a conversation that's been a long time coming between Wolverine and Cyclops from Wolverine and the X-Men #40 after they've gotten done destroying a bunch of Sentinels in a SHIELD base.

Is Aaron still writing that? It reads like it, and it's why I don't get people who think he's turned Logan into some flawless saint. He's just taking the logical step of him finding peace with himself, and trying to at least make the next generation less lovely than the dozen he's seen before it. To make a really lovely analogy, Logan's now basically Duncan MacLeod from Highlander. Samurai background and all.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Is Aaron still writing that? It reads like it, and it's why I don't get people who think he's turned Logan into some flawless saint. He's just taking the logical step of him finding peace with himself, and trying to at least make the next generation less lovely than the dozen he's seen before it. To make a really lovely analogy, Logan's now basically Duncan MacLeod from Highlander. Samurai background and all.

Yeah, that's Aaron writing. Although he just ended his run with the new relaunch.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I'm gonna dust these off again since we're posting sad dog panels

Stargazing Dog

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I hate you all for these dog pages. Every one of you.

(I don't hate any of you)

Also, I recently bought and read through Beasts of Burden. Every story is so good, and none of the are easy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

I hate you all for these dog pages. Every one of you.

(I don't hate any of you)

Also, I recently bought and read through Beasts of Burden. Every story is so good, and none of the are easy.

They are coming out with a new one in April! I know that comic will not be read on the train or within eyesight of any dog.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

drat you clods. I just got this derpy little 10-week-old lump of happy and you're already making me imagine the end. :(

Only registered members can see post attachments!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

ManiacClown posted:

drat you clods. I just got this derpy little 10-week-old lump of happy and you're already making me imagine the end. :(

Whatever you do, don't watch that new Chevy ad.

DON'T WATCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t6bLugtJkQ

redbackground fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 7, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

ManiacClown posted:

Superman 681
Pa Kent died and Martha needs some company

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Just the idea of a dog wearing a cape is so ridiculous it's actually rather funny.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

redbackground posted:

watch the Budweiser superbowl ad instead!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Drifter posted:

Just the idea of a dog wearing a cape is so ridiculous it's actually rather funny.

As soon as our puppy gets old enough that she's wearing a collar, I'm putting a cape on there. Just for you. (and me.)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Hey, just in case Afterlife With Archie 4 didn't traumatize you enough, here's the page where Archie beats his zombie dad to death with a baseball bat:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

redbackground posted:

DON'T WATCH

Oh god, I've seen most of these panels before, so they didn't get me, but this one, gently caress man. gently caress you, loving dogs. Stop posting dogs please.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

redbackground posted:

DON'T WATCH
Who the gently caress thought that this would make me want to buy a loving car?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Leper Colon V posted:

You're supposed to think Chevy are artistic, thus you respect them more and that esteem transfers to their product.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

The Leper Colon V posted:

Well, think of all the extra cargo room you're looking at now that you've put down your lifetime traveling companion!

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Drifter posted:

Superman doesn't seem to think it's very funny at all.

(From an old Photoshop Friday, or Ruin The Moment thread)

For further dog therapy see
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3553037
&
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3315453

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Goons, this will blow your loving minds:
All the dogs, cats, birds, and horses from your favorite childhood movies? All dead.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Calaveron posted:

All the dogs, cats, birds, and horses from your favorite childhood movies? All dead.

There's no need to be an rear end in a top hat.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I dunno, birds and horses can live a while, man.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Calaveron posted:

Nah, they're all chillin' on a farm upstate where they can play all day and lie around in the sunshine.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Calaveron posted:

This is meant to be news? Half the actors from my favourite childhood movies are dead.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Calaveron posted:

I don't know what you are talking about.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

rotinaj posted:

Nah, they're all chillin' on a farm upstate where they can play all day and lie around in the sunshine.

Hate to break it to you...

Fire Consumes Big Happy Farm Where Families Send Sick Dogs To Run Free And Play

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Hey, just in case Afterlife With Archie 4 didn't traumatize you enough, here's the page where Archie beats his zombie dad to death with a baseball bat:

meh. Doesn't bother me nearly as much as the dog one.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Can someone post the Superboy splash page from Manapul's run, with Conner, Ma kent, and Krypto looking up in a corn field?

Just a nice quiet moment on the Kent farm. Always gives me a warm feeling when I see it.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
They're stronger than we think they are: Touching and inspiring dogs thread.

Honestly, the last page has been pretty great. Keep 'em coming. :shobon:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Sure, how about Clint's Christmas special-induced fever dream in the two month late Hawkeye #17?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This was especially inspiring to me as somebody who hates summer. Please save me Winter Friends.