Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Spazzle posted:

Johnny Mnemonic is like the second best cyberpunk movie.

That's not really saying much though.

Also it's lower than that. Twenty Minutes into the Future, Virtuosity, and Strange Days are far better. Though they do lack the dolphin.

wyoming fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Gonz posted:

Here's a trailer for it that has a bit more footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMlxCijOisQ

Max Headroom reboot

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Any movie with Udo Kier, Dolph Lundgren as an asssassin priest hobo, Yakuza chopping people into pieces with laser ropes, and a psychic, talking dolphin is something that should be watched.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Canned Panda posted:

Max Headroom reboot

A JOHNNY DEPP FOR A N-N-N-N-N-N-NEW GENERATION

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Gonz posted:

Any movie with Udo Kier, Dolph Lundgren as an asssassin priest hobo, Yakuza chopping people into pieces with laser ropes, and a psychic, talking dolphin is something that should be watched.

That might have been true if Johnny Mnemonic hadn't already proved to be a lovely movie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Kramjacks posted:

That might have been true if Johnny Mnemonic hadn't already proved to be a lovely movie.

Oh, it's lovely, alright. But it should be viewed approximately once (at the very least.)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Slate Action posted:

There's also this one, posted earlier in the thread:

That is a truly fantastic poster.

What makes it WTF for me is that Hayden 'Anakin Sulkwalker' Christensen is an executive producer on the movie.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gonz posted:

Ehem, Yakuza led by acclaimed film maker and super popular comedian Takeshi Kitano.

That said, Johnny Mnemonic is a piece of poo poo and the only thing that validates its existence is when the people talking on the Gonin commentary randomly talk about what a lovely piece of poo poo it was.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Vagabundo posted:

That said, Johnny Mnemonic is a piece of poo poo and the only thing that validates its existence is when the people talking on the Gonin commentary randomly talk about what a lovely piece of poo poo it was.

I like the room service monologue because it's Keanu Reeves having a Nicolas Cage freakout, but that's about it. For such a strange movie with so many absurd ideas crammed into it it's an oddly joyless experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1okpAj7Fhw

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
A bunch more of the Mondo Disney posters have been released. A small sample:

I'm hoping (but not expecting in anyway) that these go on sale at some point so I can get the Winnie the Pooh one for my daughter. It makes me unreasonably happy.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Really dig that Rescuers one. Haven't seen the movie in years and years though.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Originally I didn't like them because I found them lifeless but I'm starting to come around the more I look at them. Except, the Finding Nemo one. I just really don't like it at all. I think the Winnie the Pooh one doesn't look right, like it's esthetic doesn't work with the story book theme of the series.

The Rescuers one owns though.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Mar 8, 2014

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

That's a drat good crop of posters. Especially the Rescuers one.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Those are all pretty far above average for Mondo. Are they improving??

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Rapture

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Urgh. I'd love a good Lion King poster but why does Simba look so drat geometric compared to Scar? It looks off.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

I'm really not looking forward to spending all day refreshing twitter after they announce a date but here we are.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

redcheval posted:

Urgh. I'd love a good Lion King poster but why does Simba look so drat geometric compared to Scar? It looks off.

Am I wrong, or is he half Simba/half Mufasa?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

Am I wrong, or is he half Simba/half Mufasa?

There's a line down the middle implying that's the case...I guess? Both halves look the exact same. I don't like that poster. I do like the Cauldron one though.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Wendell posted:

There's a line down the middle implying that's the case...I guess? Both halves look the exact same. I don't like that poster. I do like the Cauldron one though.

The Sleeping Beauty one that is on the linked page is so goddamn good. I want it so bad.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I really like this one:

This one makes me unreasonably angry though:

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I like that the Rescuers poster is by Davis Petersen, because who else could be better to draw mice adventuring.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I like the room service monologue because it's Keanu Reeves having a Nicolas Cage freakout, but that's about it. For such a strange movie with so many absurd ideas crammed into it it's an oddly joyless experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1okpAj7Fhw

I recall from the book but cannot say if its in the movie, but the dolphin was a heroin junkie. I remember the heart-rendering passage where he is begging for a hit, pleading for someone with thumbs to give him his fuckin' fix. I never appreciated my hands more than in that moment.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
The Black Cauldron does not deserve a poster that kickin' rad.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I' really like these, even if I've never seen the Black Hole and the second one isn't really a poster.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Here are the rest of the ones on that site, to save people a bit of effort:

The Beauty and the Beast ones are probably my favourites.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The Sword in the Stone poster looks good, of course I might just be biased since its my favourite Disney movie.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gonz posted:

I don't care how much you assholes keep talking it up - I'm not going to see Nymphomaniac.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jedit posted:

I don't care how much you assholes keep talking it up - I'm not going to see Nymphomaniac.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Magnificent.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:
I like the background of this, but is it just me or does Mickey look sort of, uhm, off-brand? His face in particular just looks a bit off to me.

The 'The Lion King' poster is really unappealing to me, Simba/Mufasa looks really weird compared to the rest and Scar seems a bit clip-arty. It's a shame too, since the movie is just incredibly gorgeous.

Lots of pretty good posters in that bunch, though.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Red Bones posted:

Here are the rest of the ones on that site, to save people a bit of effort:

I don't like these ones at all. There's so much many other things that you can do with Wall-e,Fantasia and Up. Is the cat from outer space one of those crappy fan poster? Because,drat, it looks like one.

The rest are between okay to "I don't like Mondo, but I would hang that on my wall".

Wendell
May 11, 2003

That Sword in the Stone one is off the god drat chain. And while that Cat from Out Space one is cruddy it's cruddy in the way an old sci-fi poster might be, which is admirable.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I find the Wall-E and Up ones really terrible. Given how much time is devoted to looking up or down in both films, a flat, side-on view is probably the worst way to lay out a poster for either.

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

Barf Wight posted:

I like the background of this, but is it just me or does Mickey look sort of, uhm, off-brand? His face in particular just looks a bit off to me.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Party Boat posted:

I find the Wall-E and Up ones really terrible. Given how much time is devoted to looking up or down in both films, a flat, side-on view is probably the worst way to lay out a poster for either.

They're all pretty terrible except for Black Hole, Black Cauldron and Winnie the Pooh. A lot of them have really good concepts or design aesthetics that fall apart due to one element or another. The Jungle Book poster, for example, is excellent except for the scene depicted in the middle (why Kaa?). The weird reflections and off-model Belle hurt the BatB poster, as does the overuse of purple in the Fantasia poster, etc, etc.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Twenty years later and Robin Williams is still getting hosed over.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I really want both the WALL-E and Up ones so I can put them up side by side, because they're both so awesome. Honorable mention to The Cat from Outer Space, because that movie owns.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

The greatest disney poster of them all:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Those posters would look 10 times better with fonts you could actually read and/or were not terrible.

How can a place so obsessed with design suck so very badly at choosing fonts?

Especially that Ratatouille poster. Jesus Christ that's infuriating.